Recommend me a Ferrari

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gee-dub-ya
  • 35 comments
  • 2,409 views
I didn't want to buy the fastest Ferrari first. So I decided the 512BB would be my first Ferrari since I planned on getting them all eventually. I wanted to get to know each car for what it was and if my first Ferrari was to be the Enzo then I most likely would never enjoy the older 512BB.

I never intended the 512BB to be a car that I'd use to compete with since I enjoy just driving it around by itself in practice mode. Although the 512BB seems to be able to hold it's own against the best of the Ferrari in the Ferrari Challenge. The 512BB is such a different car to drive versus the newer models.

Now I own all of the Ferraris minus the Formula 1 cars and my favorite so far has to be the 458 Italia.
 
I'm impressed, here she is

Kyoto-Shoren-in_1.jpg


Love the way it drives, haven't touched the suspension settings yet and it just grips, no understeer and very controllable oversteer.

Cheers 👍
 
430 Scud...one of my most amazing sounding and handling cars in my garage.
 
If you are going to throw all the "tuner" parts at it to lighten it and give it 23618726387123 hp, then it doesn't matter. But if you like to keep the cars basically stock and enjoy them for what they are, I would recommend the 458 Italia... although they all have their own quirks and merits.
 
I hated the italia, way too much understeer stock.
 
I got the 430 and after some tuning I can tell that it's fast and that it sounds mean. But it's far from the best handling I've experienced. It can probably be fixed with some adjustments to the suspension though, but I'm no expert there...

I have the 512 as well, really fun to drive but I haven't really used it in races so I don't know how well it performs compared to other cars.

Haven't tried any other Ferrari, but if you have the cash I would recommend that you buy a Lamborghini Gallardo. It's weighs a lot less than the Murciellagos and with some tuning you can still get an awful lot of horsepower. It's the best car in my garage right now if you don't count the race cars.
 
Back