Record Tsukuba

• Thread starter zachccccc
  • 61 comments
My top score on Tsukuba is 15,910 with my 1970 Skyline 2000GT-R KPGC10, and last night I tried to beat it with my Silvia RM and my RX7 Spirit, and even though I was going faster and drifting better with the RX7, I was only getting around 13K.

???

The highest run on Tsukuba sector drift that I've seen has been 26000. Ive only ever managed 14000 in my Camaro on Comfort Hards though. Id probably have to say anywhere between 10,000-15,000 is a decent run. Anything higher is just plain insanity and impossible for the rest of us mere mortals.

which car did 26000 mate?i can only get to 21650 something with my genvi silvia..i tried with all my cars to beat this score but i got nothing...any suggestions??

I kinda wish we were talking about Trial Mtn. My best score on there is 28080 and I hit 3 walls. . . Not saying im better than anyone else but I'ts nice going into lobbies sometimes and people actually RECOGNIZE me from my scores :P

Ok that was off topic but anyway, I can't tell you my Tsukuba(pronounced Suuba btw guys, the "T" and "K" are silent :P) Because I havent done a points run on it.

Last edited:
my best so far on sport hard's in a s13 was 17000. Sinced everyone uses comfort tyres I'm trying them out. Hoping to smash that record once i get a new n better setup.

Believe it or not, you will get more points with comforts then sports, the longer you stay in a corner with sufficient speed and angle, the more points you will rack up. Sports hard makes you go too fast through a corner and so you don't get what you can get for a high score. Just some friendly advice :)

28,000 SLR Mclaren ... looking over my score board which i haven't done since i used to drift with my controller proba a year ago. Each car had above 20k... there is a way to cheat the system

Sector Mode? I think I need to see a "screeny" of this.

ask and you shall receive
Photoon2011-05-08at2309_zps7026bc30.jpg

Very lame TV. This photo was taken when someone on a different forum also asked for a screeny a few years ago.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, you will get more points with comforts then sports, the longer you stay in a corner with sufficient speed and angle, the more points you will rack up. Sports hard makes you go too fast through a corner and so you don't get what you can get for a high score. Just some friendly advice :)

Been trying the comforts out n found the sorf ones suit me best. I also like the 350z with the supercharger 400hp. I'll try to beat my high score. Thanks 4 the advice.

here's some good advice as well:
1. Remember the driving line and use it.
2. Closer you are to the apex the more points you rack up.
3. 45 degrees are usually the maximum points.
4. Bigger and longer cars take up more of the driving line hence the reason why Speed 12s get so much points.

Drifting on GT5 is a joke the physics are crap the only way to drift on GT is not doing drift trials, drift trials, i'll tell you all you have to do is get half of max angle and stay inside i bet you'll have the highest score all it is stay inside i swear its so stupid even if the best line to drift trough a corner is around the middle nope inside and if you pull of a 90 degree entry with 1 degree to much, there goes you score back to zero its stupid

I really hate to be one of those people pretending to be all humble and crap saying 'oh i only got 1,000,000 points is that good?'. But regardless I really haven't looked into drifting in gt5 too too much, I mean I've been exposed to drifting since I was a kid and been to all the american D1 Events in Atlanta (Birthplace of FormulaD hey o!) Also drifted in Gt4 a little, So I'm not totally fish out of water. I'm just wondering what a decent run at tsukuba is, I've gotten about 12,300 from my 350 and about 11,000 from my sc300 (chee) all on comfort med's. Haha either way I'm looking more deeply into GT5 drifting hope to get some videos up soon.

Glad to meet your acquaintance ! :D

Psn; Zachccccc

My best is like 15.400 something with my 240sx (S14) can write down setup if you want too ;) i drive with a logitech g27 with 320mm real racing wheel on it :)

thanks cheif. I can get 17500 in my s15 with 440 hp on comfy sorts. Think in the next gt the judging should b like d1 rules. U buy a slow heap of crap n drift slow u rack up the points it's just a bit stupid i think.

Just did 26082 with my Lexus GS300 '91. Using comfort hard tires in front and rear.

Off-topic but not so much: Just did Trial Mountain, got 33798 with same Lexus GS300 with same tires.

:D

Hi there, just managed to upload a video on utube,
i hope u like it, im in a Speed12 (= most points)
Full lap drift tsukuba, score 38,827pts
Title of video, drift tsukuba gt5d 38827pts

Enjoy life sideways :)

Hi there, just managed to upload a video on utube,
i hope u like it, im in a Speed12 (= most points)
Full lap drift tsukuba, score 38,827pts
Title of video, drift tsukuba gt5d 38827pts

Enjoy life sideways :)

You used a cheat car and brag about it?? :boggled:

Edit: Wher's the vid?

Full lap 35k in my 88 Supra Premium ~350hp on Comfort Hards (will get pics when I get my PS3 back) Slaloming on the straights.

Sector with the same car is around 15k. Slaloming on the straights.

When I tune a drift car, I will only use it if it can get consistent 20k's for a full lap with out trying. If it can't do that I won't use it or if it's close I'll keep tuning.
I've been doing a lot of low power tunes lately so it's a good mark to see where it's at
I try to make it as even as possible so I know that the cars are performing the way I want
It makes it hard with gt5s scoring system though!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back