Red Bull Hangar-7 World Tour details have been published

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 424 comments
Is that the first time Pettuccini appeared in a World Event? I don't remember seeing him before. Managed to both almost throw it away and keep his cool in the closing laps.

Wait, I didn't know that rain is bad for turbo cars. (I didn't think it was a factor at all, really.) Is it simply bad for cars with any forced induction, or just turbos? And why? Is it because they're forcing water into the engine?

Wait, I didn't know that rain is bad for turbo cars. (I didn't think it was a factor at all, really.) Is it simply bad for cars with any forced induction, or just turbos? And why? Is it because they're forcing water into the engine?

It's not bad for turbos. It's bad for FR cars because their weight distribution isn't as optimal as MR cars in wet conditions.

It's not bad for turbos. It's bad for FR cars because their weight distribution isn't as optimal as MR cars in wet conditions.

I thought one of the Manufacturer Series drivers (maybe BMW?) was just talking about rain being bad for turbos... But anyway, is rain bad for FR cars specifically because of where the weight shifts under braking? Or under acceleration? Would you say it causes oversteer or understeer, and how? I would imagine oversteer since I associate rainy roads with being slippery...

I thought one of the Manufacturer Series drivers (maybe BMW?) was just talking about rain being bad for turbos... But anyway, is rain bad for FR cars specifically because of where the weight shifts under braking? Or under acceleration? Would you say it causes oversteer or understeer, and how? I would imagine oversteer since I associate rainy roads with being slippery...

If your engine is in front, that means the heaviest part of the car is the front, which means it doesn't turn as quick, which means understeer and accelerating in a straight line later than everyone else. Oversteer happens if you turn in too quick or during acceleration with the rear tires, which everyone is dealing with in rain conditions.

I think. I'm no professional I'm afraid.

Why so little cars? They do have the ability to do 24 cars

That massively increases the costs of the event.

They pay for the transport for all drivers, so that would be doubled.
You've also got all the rigs, including needing the space for the extra 12 rigs you are suggesting.
They pay for all hospitality for all drivers too.
And more.

In addition, by having 'qualification' to limit it to 12 teams, you improve the overall ability of the competitors, rather than having 24 teams with some drivers in the lower teams being much further off the pace.

not really that much action for the grand final . mercs choosing soft for first stint pretty much decided the race .

I understand the whole 'team effort' thing but travelling to Salzberg to drive for 1 lap of Spa as part of the race seems a bit lame. Feel sorry for him (and any other drivers) who drove so little.

A higher minimum lap amount per driver, or more suitable tyre wear values, could help this

Back