Red Devil at the Speedway

Discussion in 'GT3 Race Reports' started by Driving Park, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Driving Park

Driving Park

This is kind of an old story, but here goes.

Years ago, I had just put a turbo in my newly won Toyota GT-One Road Car. I decided to go to the Sunday Cup and see how many times I could overlap the other cars before the race was over. I think I was at five when I was on the last lap. I came around the back straight doing 180+ and saw the last place Suzuki Alto Works on the end of the back straight. By the time I caught up to him, he had started to round the last corner. I slammed into his rear, going 200+, and he flew all the way across the corner, caromed off the wall, spun out for a while, stopped, and then continued. By then I had already passed the finish line, but it was lots of fun and my first time seeing an AI car fly.

2. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

And this is a race report... how?

I mean, yes, you discuss being in a race, but that's a technicality too small to warrant this as its own thread. How about looking around for a "Things to do in GT3 when you're bored" or "stupid AI tricks" thread or something?

3. Driving Park

Driving Park

I dunno, I just thought it should be in the race report section since it's a detailed account of a race... those are the requirements, right?

4. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

Except for the fact that it's not detailed, and the 'race' part is irrelevant.

5. Driving Park

Driving Park

Right. Sorry, I won't do it again.

6. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

I'm being a little too heavy-handed on you. Just please be sure that things are worth posting before you post them.

:tup:

7. Driving Park

Driving Park

Sure, ok. Would you mind locking the thread now? No one else is going to reply, at least I think not.

8. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Not to be negative :rolleyes: but overloading your ride with mega-loads of power then entering the Sunday Cup doesn't take any skill or racing finesse whatsoever! You won't impress anyone here! And then we have the "i hit a weakling ai car and he flew ha ha!" quip, which sends whatever realism GT3 is representing way out the window. There's a bunch of kids over in the GT4 forum who dig smashing cars around; you may have better luck with a story like this over there!

Or you can try this instead dude: enter the same Toyota, let the ai cars get a lap or 2 around the course and THEN start driving. See if you can catch them all and pass them within the 4 laps. At least that takes a bit of skill. :indiff: