1792ky.jpg

14291qu.jpg

No words required.

23j4rkm.jpg

All the best
Maz

Hi guys,

Welcome to this experiment :)

We've had a lot of bad experiences with faster punters and dirty drivers running our schedules, and there has been some discussion about running a race event in this forum where it is only open to GTP-tagged registry members.

I am well aware of DGiant's excellent Classic car event (AM Vette vs F40) but this is running a much more unusual schedule, has only single car choice, and open tyre choice. I have been meaning to start an F40 event for ages and thought 700PP was perfect for it. It was only after being halfway through the post that I realised the other race event by Andy, very stupid of me.

However, it will be very interesting to see how long it takes before the usual blacklist suspects cotton onto this schedule. Many apologies to Andy, no disrespect intended mate and I hope this doesn't take traffic away from your event which I hope is different enough to do well by itself. Hopefully this can lead to punt-free race experiences in future?

**Please keep the race times private and only amongst GTP Registry members for now**

It is just an experiment, and if it works well we can invite the guys without tags who we've all enjoyed racing over the last couple of years. I can think of nearly 10 non-GTP drivers I would like to see in this event off the top of my head, but as I say, let's just see how it goes for now.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Like the idea Maz. With more punters joining the grid now and a smaller group of GTP members racing, I can't see why this can't run in here. Hopefully I will join back in for some races at some point. Ran a few laps tonight and the F40 was a riot!

Remember to keep the times quiet and private in here though ;)

Mazmate,this is a great idea man...lets do it!!

Will be here tomorrow for sure and lets hope we can indeed have some great races in this even greater(!) car without the usual punter kiddo's and imbiciles!!...

See you soon on the track mates!

spy.

Sounds superb. After one evening, I'm already sick of the 'you know who's'. I hope to make up the numbers!

Niiice!!!! About time we got a race thread in here... I always tried to get the Evora Cup in here. Let's hope it makes the difference. :D

Good one Maz!
And I agree with your decision to finally do it, the reg only events discussion has been going on for ever, it is controvertial, yes, but if it's what it takes to get back to good ol' clean racing it's what needs to be done!

Love the car, hope this one takes off good! Good that plastic doesn't rust, my wheel will be reactivated.

Hope to see lot's of you guys tonight! :cheers:

Well, I can say I tried it. I managed to beat Dan by 3 seconds but I think he parked up at degnar 2 and went to the shop to buy some milk before resuming the race.

Well, I can say I tried it. I managed to beat Dan by 3 seconds but I think he parked up at degnar 2 and went to the shop to buy some milk before resuming the race.

Not only once, but twice... :dopey: But the gap was 15 secs.. down to 3 :)

In at 23 .... with 05 03 laptimes :scared:

Edit: Great, frozen spectator. My first online race attempt in a month and I see nothing, f....... nothing has changed. Thanks PD.

Edit: frozen

Edit: frozen

Anybody want to buy a good as new PS3 and a broken wheel?

Last edited:
Did 2 races this evening,unfortunately without any members,but had a good race with an Italian guy in a Clio-tuned who whas fast and clean...

Best lap in free air 2'02,255...But my tuning needs a lot of work,still too much understeer when changing direction and gears are also not super...

Hopefully tomorrow some more members will be here........

spy.

Went in @ 11.53 i was the only one there with a couple of F430's, can only manage 2'05 ish in race :grumpy: with my poor tune.

Phillip.

Yup, great stuff, even though I'm way too tired you just can't turn down running the beast with some class pilots.

:cheers: guys

I'm jumping in at xx53, I promise to stay the heck out of the way of you boys who've already tamed it. I think my last lap was 4 minutes... :lol:

But seriously...WHAT A CAR!!!!

All the best
Maz

Cheers Dan and Grandi, always a pleasure dudes!

Just had a great run with Spyrrari.... its been too long since I raced you.👍

This is MASSIVE fun!!!!!

Incredible car :bowdown:

Great races Spy, sorry I was a bit off the road here and there :(

All the best
Maz

Okay Guys, I am going to join in, for the first time in a long time. So long, that I've had to install the sodding game again. Go easy on me. :scared:

As such I will be racing under my 'new' account GTP_Sigma, so make sure to avoid the red car with that tag, as it will be out of control.

Some great races with Maffski(yeah it's been too long man!!)and Mazmate,untill the wife came home with 3 girlfriends and started to make it impossible to concentrate,so i whas flying off track everywhere and just had to quit....better luck next time!

spy.

In at 53 for more 👍

Great racing with MattJH and JukkavM :cheers:

Jukka, that last race :bowdown: :bowdown: side by side drifting through almost all of T1 last lap....ahhh good old days man :lol:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back