Red Mist - Suzuka 700PP [WE] - Ferrari F40 - xx:23 / xx:53

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 59 comments
In at 23 👍

All the best
Maz

See you there 👍. Just did my best in free run: 'Edit: laptime deleted because of WRS'

Edit: Sorry about the massive punt at spoon on lap 9, Dan, way too late on the brakes. And it was my first online race in 3 weeks or so I think :ouch:
Also I noticed the brake lights seem to be lagging a bit.

Last edited:
No probs Stijn.. 👍

Great few races here today.. cheers guys. I can't imagine a more fun car to race here.. F40 for ever. :D

my thanks to every F40-tamer I've raced today :bowdown: and the odd GT as well ;)

Had some truly memorable battles with Dan again :cheers: I'll try to get the vid up sometime soon.

I came on for two late night races, the first of which was a diabolical lag-fest. The second race was the single best 3-way battle I have ever experienced in 2 years of online racing.

Jack :bowdown:
Jukka :bowdown:

I wish this had been recorded, and I'm not joking when I say if I never get to play Gran Turismo again, it will have been worth that race. 3-wide (THREE) into turn 1, Jack on the left, me in the middle, Jukka on the inside...Jack stays back, Jukka holds the inside but I edge ahead around the outside, hold the inside for the first left ess, then Jukka has the line for the first right. About 3 or 4 side by sides between the three of us in the esses, I dropped behind Jukka and Jack for Dunlop. Nose to tail literally up to hairpin...3 different lines...Jukka leads into Spoon, Jack and I are side by side, neck and neck all the way around, then down the back straight.

Yeah there were offs and waits, but in a 10-lap race, for about 5 laps it was pure intensity and precision and raw racing with everyone hanging it out...stunning.

Jack is without a doubt the best Sixaxis racer I have ever had the pleasure of driving alongside. THIS car, THIS track, the control you have is incredible. And Jukka's just a D1 gold bugger in disguise as usual :lol:

Thank you lads, it's all been worth it just for that. Every fail, every punter, every Clio. :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
I came on for two late night races, the first of which was a diabolical lag-fest. The second race was the single best 3-way battle I have ever experienced in 2 years of online racing.

Jack :bowdown:
Jukka :bowdown:

I wish this had been recorded, and I'm not joking when I say if I never get to play Gran Turismo again, it will have been worth that race. 3-wide (THREE) into turn 1, Jack on the left, me in the middle, Jukka on the inside...Jack stays back, Jukka holds the inside but I edge ahead around the outside, hold the inside for the first left ess, then Jukka has the line for the first right. About 3 or 4 side by sides between the three of us in the esses, I dropped behind Jukka and Jack for Dunlop. Nose to tail literally up to hairpin...3 different lines...Jukka leads into Spoon, Jack and I are side by side, neck and neck all the way around, then down the back straight.

Yeah there were offs and waits, but in a 10-lap race, for about 5 laps it was pure intensity and precision and raw racing with everyone hanging it out...stunning.

Nice one Maz & Jukka. Was a brillient race, and I'm not sure how half the time we didn't end up stuck in the tire wall :cheers: Didn't think I'd play 5:P again but this combo proves me wrong.

Jack is without a doubt the best Sixaxis racer I have ever had the pleasure of driving alongside. THIS car, THIS track, the control you have is incredible. And Jukka's just a D1 gold bugger in disguise as usual :lol:

Thank you lads, it's all been worth it just for that. Every fail, every punter, every Clio. :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

:lol: There is far better drivers out there on pad than me Maz, I'm just lucky half the time ;) You're wheel skills are outstanding and it's great to see how well you have progressed. One of the best racers around....

Owh and Jukka, you aren't to bad with a wheel either :lol: Thanks guys, both outstanding drivers :cheers:

I've been in and out of the races today and turned a few good laps with DoP/Phil, MJH and 'OFFLINE' aka Arora (according to Phil), oh, and Spyrarri1 who managed to just beat me by .5 sec. A bit like Hyper the other day, I think Spy parked up and went shopping during the race:lol:

Is there a good time to join in with this event? It's been a bit thin on numbers between 6-11 pm GMT.

Dan.

That was me fastas, and sorry for the one spoon one punt :embarrassed:ops: Anyway I'll try to stick to the grid schedule and hopefully not have to keep logging out on black screens :sly:

That first one we had was pretty good 👍 Your are quicker atm but I'm also messin with the setting, hope to keep up.

That was me fastas, and sorry for the one spoon one punt :embarrassed:ops: Anyway I'll try to stick to the grid schedule and hopefully not have to keep logging out on black screens :sly:

That first one we had was pretty good 👍 Your are quicker atm but I'm also messin with the setting, hope to keep up.

Hey, no problem. I don't know if it's my connection but I see a lot of 'OFFLINE's when racing, I find it a little disconcerting not knowing who it is, otherwise good racing.

I assumed you would be GTP but, with most names I know whether or not to get out of the way, so to speak.

:cheers:
Dan

Some fab runs with Hugo, daN, and Maff. 👍 Not sure we were on the right grid time though :dopey:

Anyway, shouldn't let this event die, it's the MONSTA

Messing around here as well atm....
Just had a one-on-one with SA_J ... and CTs in for the next... maybe we get some good grids sorted ! :-)

Hanging with the boys and I think it's a great event for a great weekend.

Anybody up for some F40 had so much fun with CT and Ren last night I'm hungry for more. in @53 👍

Last edited:
In at 53 for a couple :cheers:

EDIT: Fantastic racing Rudi, 10 laps right on the edge in this monster :scared:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Anybody available for some races starting at xx23?

EDIT: Awesome racing Rudi, this is a magnificent race car :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Finally managed to get the vid up from last week,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOcWmr9EcAA

My apologies for the rather limited quality of the screen capture.

Nice job Karri.. loved the music too! 👍
cheersy2.gif
to you mate!

Edit,

Nice race earlier Maz.. :bowdown: 👍

Last edited:
Yes Dan, brilliant racing today with you Rudi, Marchbrown and Jukka :cheers:

All the best
Maz

This still happening?

Because I am growing tired of the punt show or no-shows on the regular 700 pp expert Suzuka with my GTR 07 :ill:

Honestly, I think most of the guys racing this competed in WRS 74, and after running the F40 (against its will!) in free run so solidly, people have drifted away to other cars for the last couple of weeks of the update.

One thing that has come out of this though, the secret schedule is definitely good for getting private grids or small grids without known punters. The main issue is though that not everyone thinks to look in here and there haven't been a LOTof people throughout the life of this F40 event.

Maybe next time we post an event in here it can be PMed to the race regulars.

All the best
Maz

Honestly, I think most of the guys racing this competed in WRS 74, and after running the F40 (against its will!) in free run so solidly, people have drifted away to other cars for the last couple of weeks of the update.

One thing that has come out of this though, the secret schedule is definitely good for getting private grids or small grids without known punters. The main issue is though that not everyone thinks to look in here and there haven't been a LOTof people throughout the life of this F40 event.

Maybe next time we post an event in here it can be PMed to the race regulars.

All the best
Maz

Could you not post a 'trailer' for the event on the main race page directing people into this forum to get the times and discuss. You could always lock it as well so this becomes the main discussion page.

Hey guys new here would have loved to partake in this event. I didn't notice a day for the race only the start times. Was the race the day the thread was started? I just didn't see a date.

Edit: Nevermind this was a while ago.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back