Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
I for one am glad they cut some of the race cars from horizon 3 into horizon 4. Yeah it might be cool looking but this is an open world game that craves offroad vehicles, sports cars, exotics and all those in between. I don't mind a few of those track based cars like the fxx K, Vulcan etc.. but having GT3, v8 supercars etc in a game like this is just a little weird and takes up some much roster space. With the newest list leak it looks real promising we will have some nice off-road vehicles to play with. I can't wait. This car roster also sets up Forza 8's roster so having the Aston Valkyrie and AMG project one on a track is going to be insaneeee.

I have some doubts about the car list. A lot of the Horizon editions from FH3 are missing, and I do not remember seeing any mention of Michael Essa's M3 (his number is 101, hence "BMW 101 M3 Formula Drift 2004") in the FD pack. I'm also kind of doubtful about the Project One and Valkyrie, since a lot of the details about each car is still being kept umder wraps (last I checked, anyways).

I think if anything, this might be the car list including DLC cars. Since they plan to release 2 cars every week, it would actually make some sense for some cars to be pre-loaded. Otherwise I don't think it's legit.

Last edited:
For the Valkyrie and the Project One they could do something like GT did with a couple of concept cars: Just hide the specs. On some cars you couldn't even see the horsepowers IIRC.

I for one am glad they cut some of the race cars from horizon 3 into horizon 4. Yeah it might be cool looking but this is an open world game that craves offroad vehicles, sports cars, exotics and all those in between. I don't mind a few of those track based cars like the fxx K, Vulcan etc.. but having GT3, v8 supercars etc in a game like this is just a little weird and takes up some much roster space. With the newest list leak it looks real promising we will have some nice off-road vehicles to play with. I can't wait. This car roster also sets up Forza 8's roster so having the Aston Valkyrie and AMG project one on a track is going to be insaneeee.

Yup. Keep the purpose built circuit race cars to Motorsport, where they belong. There's more than enough road cars in Forza to populate a Horizon game without race cars taking up space.

Hell, I'd trade all the Formula Drift cars for the missing Alfa Romeos if I could...

My main issue with the GT3-ish cars in Horizon is that every FH game has favored power over handling. The race cars really drive that home, and the only thing they could really compete against was each other.

I never got much use out of them in FH3. They won’t be missed from me.

Yup. Keep the purpose built circuit race cars to Motorsport, where they belong. There's more than enough road cars in Forza to populate a Horizon game without race cars taking up space.

Hell, I'd trade all the Formula Drift cars for the missing Alfa Romeos if I could...
Once again, I ask what's with this double standard were SUVs and oddballs are fine and dandy in Motorsport. But Race cars on the road? Not in my Horizon.
Personally, I think it'd be a riot to hoon
around in an LMP in the countryside. Horizon is supposed to be freedom right? I'll welcome all vehicles to have that.

I was not interested in vintage race cars (like before WWII) and it was regrettable that there were many of these cars on DLC of FM7.
Since T10 is focusing on vintage race cars since FM6, I am worried that these cars will be added in large quantities in DLC even in FH4.
However, the fact that these cars are not equipped with the first headlights in the Horizon series excites me.
Poor brakes and thin tires. But horsepower is also monsters equal to modern machines. Running a narrow winding in a dark night with such a car will call the best thrill.

Once again, I ask what's with this double standard were SUVs and oddballs are fine and dandy in Motorsport.

Did I say that? Because SUVs and trucks and offroaders in general are complete wastes of space in FM7.

The Horizon games just don't have the PI and "simulation" finesse to handle all the race cars.

I agree about leaving modern race cars out. Classic ones from the 60s or older are fine for me though since the tracks they races on were usually road courses.

...and most of them were either street-legal, or could be made street-legal with minimal modifications anyways.

For the Valkyrie and the Project One they could do something like GT did with a couple of concept cars: Just hide the specs. On some cars you couldn't even see the horsepowers IIRC.

T10 and PG have never hidden the specs of a car in over ten years, I doubt they will start now. I think it's far more likely that the Valkyrie and Project One will be DLC content. Don't forget that production of the Aston Martin is set to begin this year, and the Mercedes should be homologated and receive its final name in the same timeframe. With that in mind, I would say that late 2018 / early 2019 is a likely arrival time for both cars, assuming MS had access to finalized versions of both cars that haven't been shown to the public yet.

Oh, and of course: don't forget that with the much increased frequence in the release of cars, PG will undoubtedly be facilitated in arranging promotional deals with manufacturers. The "Project One" being released in the same week the final version of the car is presented is not such an unlikely possibility (although I think it's also safe to assume Mercedes would rather give that privilege to PDI, given their good working relationship).

Once again, I ask what's with this double standard were SUVs and oddballs are fine and dandy in Motorsport. But Race cars on the road? Not in my Horizon.
Personally, I think it'd be a riot to hoon
around in an LMP in the countryside. Horizon is supposed to be freedom right? I'll welcome all vehicles to have that.
Nobody said it was a double standard lol. I hate having all those SUVs and oddballs in Forza Motorsport also. I wish they would have expanded upon more Motorsport cars like can am, group 6, modern LMPs, touring cars both older and newer, IMSA GTO and GTU, GT4 cars and formula trucks. But instead they added way too many odd balls and trucks and it let me down some of us. Hopefully they shift their focus in the next iteration.

Better list than the first batch of leaked files, but I'm not concluding anything before Microsoft shows the list officially. However, the absence of the Subaru SVX makes me worried. My favourite strange cool car.

Funny how people find race cars redundant in FH but are perfectly fine with most road cars in FM that don't really belong to a track. I think the most important aspect of any Forza game, be it FM or FH, is car collection, not racing. If FM was serious about racing it would leave most road cars out (expect for the high end sports cars and track toys ) and add more race cars and rules/regulations. So if those "slow" road cars can find their place in the track-focused FM, then there's no reason why race cars shouldn't appear in FH. After all Forza is mostly about collecting cars, racing and hot lapping come second.

Funny how people find race cars redundant in FH but are perfectly fine with most road cars in FM that don't really belong to a track. I think the most important aspect of any Forza game, be it FM or FH, is car collection, not racing. If FM was serious about racing it would leave most road cars out (expect for the high end sports cars and track toys ) and add more race cars and rules/regulations. So if those "slow" road cars can find their place in the track-focused FM, then there's no reason why race cars shouldn't appear in FH. After all Forza is mostly about collecting cars, racing and hot lapping come second.

You can pretty much turn any car into a race/track day car. There’s entire series devoted to turning junkers into race cars. People have also made track day cars out of various vehicles you wouldn’t make your top choice (someone on here made one out of a Chrysler 300).

Now compare that to the flip side. There really is no way to make a Porsche 919 a comfortable road trip car.

You can pretty much turn any car into a race/track day car. There’s entire series devoted to turning junkers into race cars. People have also made track day cars out of various vehicles you wouldn’t make your top choice (someone on here made one out of a Chrysler 300).

Now compare that to the flip side. There really is no way to make a Porsche 919 a comfortable road trip car.

But there's really no point in turning a race car to a road car. Just like there's no point in turning a faster FXXK to a slower La Ferrari. Besides I don't think comfort is really a thing in a game. It's not like you're actually sitting in the car. You're, after all, sitting in front of a screen.

The list is now 562 cars long. That means we will most likely lose 100 of them before launch, so dont get your hopes to high

To be entirely fair, the Formula D and Day One (007?) car packs, the many Forza Editions and the traffic vehicles don't count towards that "over 450 vehicles" number. And "over 450" really means "anything between 451 and 499". Some others are clearly going to be DLC at a later date (the AM Valkyrie and the AMG Project One, for starters, the TVR in all likelihood won't also come before the delivery of the first cars to customers, which IIRC shouldn't happen until 2019).

All in all, I'd say that the car list one may produce by collating the various leaks so far should give us a very good glimpse into what will be in FH4 at launch, and what to expect in the few months afterwards from the now-weekly DLC.

And "over 450" really means "anything between 451 and 499".

I don't understand this line of thinking.

They specifically used "450 cars" to advertise the game. If they have more than, say, 480 cars, they'd say they have "more than 480 cars."

This is T10/PG's marketing team we're talking about. They're the kind of wording geniuses that come up with lines like, "The largest collection of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches of any video game ever."

I don't understand this line of thinking.

They specifically used "450 cars" to advertise the game. If they have more than, say, 480 cars, they'd say they have "more than 480 cars."

The line being fed to the media is, "450 plus". How many cars are in a "plus" has been somewhat inconsistent, going from a couple to a dozen (in the case of FM6, IIRC). Also, generally speaking they seem to prefer talking about "hundreds" (as was the case for FM5, which had exactly 200 cars) or stop at the half-hundreds; talking about "more than 480 cars" would be terribly uncharacteristic of them, and I don't see any developer advertising "a bit less than 500" cars in their game anytime soon - hence, my conclusion that "450 plus" can mean anything from 451 to 499... Although I'd be terribly surprised if the game actually featured over 459 cars (Forza Editions and d1 DLC nonwithstanding), for the exact same reasons you stated. :lol:

Now, to figure out how many entries in the list floating around are spurious...

This is T10/PG's marketing team we're talking about. They're the kind of wording geniuses that come up with lines like, "The largest collection of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches of any video game ever."

Well, technically, that's true - I don't think there is, or has ever been any game with the same number of Porsches, Ferrarsi AND Lamborghinis. And the variety of Porsches and Ferraris on offer may be a selling point for many. After all, a series in its 7th iteration can't really advertise on the quality of its driving model, which at this point is supposed to be, at the very least, passable.

Last edited:
To be entirely fair, the Formula D and Day One (007?) car packs, the many Forza Editions and the traffic vehicles don't count towards that "over 450 vehicles" number. And "over 450" really means "anything between 451 and 499". Some others are clearly going to be DLC at a later date (the AM Valkyrie and the AMG Project One, for starters, the TVR in all likelihood won't also come before the delivery of the first cars to customers, which IIRC shouldn't happen until 2019).

All in all, I'd say that the car list one may produce by collating the various leaks so far should give us a very good glimpse into what will be in FH4 at launch, and what to expect in the few months afterwards from the now-weekly DLC.
Thats a valid point, but I factored out all the Forza Editions, Traffic Cars and both the Bond and FD DLC

Thats a valid point, but I factored out all the Forza Editions, Traffic Cars and both the Bond and FD DLC

Then something fishy is definitely going on. And as someone noticed on Reddit, the list features some 90 manufacturers, when we were promised around 100, which makes things even more confusing.

With Gamescom opening tomorrow and car announcements probably starting soon after that, the only sensible thing to do now is waiting for official info, I guess.

I’m still a bit disappointed that the same steering animations will be in this Horizon as well. Doesn’t look like the Forza games will get a full wheel rotation animation for the interior view. I just don’t unosgy not though. It’s way overdue. PC2 and GT-S do, even Driveclub did as well.

This has to be the biggest mistake any Game developer has ever made: Forza Horizon 4 has been able to preload today... The whole game has been leaked.

Not really. Not only does this creates a lot of hype but the list is so good it's actually making me want to buy this crap game. I've never liked Horizon since I rather sim racers better. But this list is really calling on my wallet right now.

Not really. Not only does this creates a lot of hype but the list is so good it's actually making me want to buy this crap game. I've never liked Horizon since I rather sim racers better. But this list is really calling on my wallet right now.
You do know that his post was 2 months old, right?

Back