Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
I don't remember the last time a racing game had it's car roster leaked,what the hell happened...

I think this same thing happened with FH3 back in 2016 with PC pre-load. @TheAdmiester found files before release of car lists/sounds etc

I do wonder why MS/Turn10 let games info download weeks/months before release. On PS4 you can't download anything (pre-orders etc) until 48 hours before release date.

gIGi0jh.jpg

1969 Chevrolet Nova SS Forza Edition has a drag style tire.
1973 Ford Capri Forza Edition's offroad tire looks bigger than the stock Capri with offroad tires.
And 2011 Ford Transit Supervan Forza Edition is equipped with a roof rack and a ladder!

One thing i don't like about Horizon is that offroad cars don't have any advantages in terms of speed on dirt fields. I wonder if it's different with the new game.

There's an old saying that three people can keep secrets if two of them are dead. Basically, with projects of this scope and fandom, leaking was inevitable. The REAL question: are these real leaks or "leaks that really are subtle advertising"....
I think someone wasn't careful,i doubt the majority of the people who are going to buy Horizon doesn't really care that much for a specific car

One thing i don't like about Horizon is that offroad cars don't have any advantages in terms of speed on dirt fields. I wonder if it's different with the new game.
There is mud so i guess road cars are going to struggle in it.

I think this same thing happened with FH3 back in 2016 with PC pre-load. @TheAdmiester found files before release of car lists/sounds etc

I do wonder why MS/Turn10 let games info download weeks/months before release. On PS4 you can't download anything (pre-orders etc) until 48 hours before release date.
Maybe it's because Turn 10 is new to PC releases,they only had to care about protecting the console version from leaks but PC is a whole different beast and they got caught off guard.

FH4 has updated Tire and Suspension modeling, and I'm pretty sure on the livestreams they mentioned that the updated physics make low cars much less effective when going off road then previous games.

Maybe it's because Turn 10 is new to PC releases,they only had to care about protecting the console version from leaks but PC is a whole different beast and they got caught off guard.

This will be their 4th PC release and 3 of those have had a content leak of some sort. At this point I can't help but think these leaks are intentional.

I want everything from FM7 to return. In a perfect world I'd like to see everything from every Forza game return for the Ultimate Horizon game.
Well, not everything. Racecars won't return from FM7. Only all Roadcars(except some Australian cars) and Offroaders will return from FM7.

Last edited:
Well, not everything. Racecars won't return from FM7. Only all Roadcars(except Australian cars) and Offroaders will return from FM7.
Mate, the 2014 Holden HSV GTS, 2014 Holden HSV GTS Maloo Limited Edition, 2016 Holden HSV Maloo Formula Drift, 2009 Holden HSV w427, 2004 Vauxhall Monaro VXR, 2014 Ford Falcon FG FPV Pursuit Ute Limited Edition and the 1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III are the Australian cars confirmed for Forza Horizon 4 so far.

Mate, the 2014 Holden HSV GTS, 2014 Holden HSV GTS Maloo Limited Edition, 2016 Holden HSV Maloo Formula Drift, 2009 Holden HSV w427, 2004 Vauxhall Monaro VXR, 2014 Ford Falcon FG FPV Pursuit Ute Limited Edition and the 1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III are the Australian cars confirmed for Forza Horizon 4 so far.
I know, sorry.

This may already have been stated, but the Jaguar in the picture is not a Jaguar E Type Low Drag - it is a Jaguar E Type "Lightweight" Roadster(with hardtop) - a small number of these were built by the factory for racing by among other the Cunningham Team. The Low drag was a Coupe and completely different.

It seems that the publishing process for the Microsoft store isn't as secure as that on consoles. But that's not a surprise; consoles have always been super locked down in this area and the platform holders have the control. I've never published to the Microsoft Store myself but I know from previous experience that PC publishing is always a different experience.

Of course it could just be that they're purposely leaking this info to build hype.

I do wonder now if it is hype building up to release as well. As they could encrypt or secure any data better knowing the PC fans have the knowledge to access any files.

I do wonder now if it is hype building up to release as well. As they could encrypt or secure any data better knowing the PC fans have the knowledge to access any files.

You're right, the file naming conventions don't exactly make it difficult to tell which car is which! Maybe they didn't bother with code names as they were relying on the store to keep them secure ahead of release :lol:

You're right, the file naming conventions don't exactly make it difficult to tell which car is which! Maybe they didn't bother with code names as they were relying on the store to keep them secure ahead of release :lol:

They did scramble the file names in the non-dev version of FH3, but the developer/QA builds of the game likely don't have the same protection as they're never intended to be seen by the public anyway.

I'm not sure if the final FH4 will have scrambled names, as FH3 had them but FM7 didn't. I'm not sure if FM7's normal names are down to FH3's being figured out easily (just a caesar cipher) so they didn't bother, or just down to T10 and PG not doing things the exact same way.

Well, not everything. Racecars won't return from FM7. Only all Roadcars(except some Australian cars) and Offroaders will return from FM7.
The Tankpool Racing truck and some of the Vintage Grand Prix racers are already confirmed.

Back