Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
Not really. Not only does this creates a lot of hype but the list is so good it's actually making me want to buy this crap game. I've never liked Horizon since I rather sim racers better. But this list is really calling on my wallet right now.

Why would they intentionally leak the entire game and let it be cracked months out from release instead of just revealing the official car list like they do every year just to build hype?

Why would they intentionally leak the entire game and let it be cracked months out from release instead of just revealing the official car list like they do every year just to build hype?

Arguably, because they can create hype for a much longer period of time this way. That being said, letting speculation run rampant always carries the risk of a heavy backlash, and regardless of that, I don't think PG would pursue a strategy of intentional leaks. It is, however, entirely possible that they know we can look at the game files and simply don't care if we find out something before the time of official announcements come, because in the end only a small subset of the community is discussing it.

Because video game news outlets will still cover the official unveiling while news-blog sites like GTP will cover both the leaks and official unveiling. So in a way they boost coverage of their game by "announcing" the same thing twice. I'm not saying that they're 100% doing that, but that's my understanding of the motive behind intentional leaks of this nature.

Because video game news outlets will still cover the official unveiling while news-blog sites like GTP will cover both the leaks and official unveiling. So in a way they boost coverage of their game by "announcing" the same thing twice. I'm not saying that they're 100% doing that, but that's my understanding of the motive behind intentional leaks of this nature.

With the risk of letting speculation run rampant and an inevitable flood of badwill when leaked cars don't show up in the actual game. Not to mention looking incompetent when it comes to data security.

It must be some 5D chess they're playing to leak the game for coverage with the media while at the same time banning any mention of leaks on the official forums.

With the risk of letting speculation run rampant and an inevitable flood of badwill when leaked cars don't show up in the actual game. Not to mention looking incompetent when it comes to data security.

I never said it was a smart move.

banning any mention of leaks on the official forums.

I don't think there is much you can say on the official Forza forums that won't get you banned. :lol:

Funny how people find race cars redundant in FH but are perfectly fine with most road cars in FM that don't really belong to a track.

Circuit race cars don't really have a place in an open world/off-road/exploration game. Have a couple if you must, but there are so many fun and interesting road cars, exotics, and trucks/off-road vehicles out there, and such a limited amount of "spots" in the game by comparison, that those should absolutely take priority. If Horizon was a service rather than an iterative game, then I could better see adding a pack of race cars in AFTER you've covered an in-depth selection of the aforementioned vehicles.

On the flip side, road cars can easily have a home in FM. Race cars should take priority in my book, but sports cars that test at and lay down real-world times on race circuits obviously belong, and the slower cars too can have a place as working your way up or as a Lemon's 24 hours kind of thing - cars of all speeds/classes race on tracks so I'm not sure what you're going for here. Trucks and other off-road vehicles don't really belong in FM, not because they can't be raced, but because there are so many race cars still missing from the lineup as it is. Again, if FM was a service that kept adding to a catalog of past and present race and sports cars (and especially if it had off-road/rally tracks) then I would have no problem if they wanted to add a pack of trucks, minivans, or whatever. That just shouldn't be the priority for FM, just like race cars shouldn't be for Horizon.

I think the most important aspect of any Forza game, be it FM or FH, is car collection, not racing. If FM was serious about racing it would leave most road cars out (expect for the high end sports cars and track toys ) and add more race cars and rules/regulations. So if those "slow" road cars can find their place in the track-focused FM, then there's no reason why race cars shouldn't appear in FH. After all Forza is mostly about collecting cars, racing and hot lapping come second.

FM/Horizon have different appeals to different people. Sure, collecting is a part of that. If you want to collect race cars, though, why not do so in the race car focused FM? Likewise, Horizon is great for collecting non-race cars.

But there's really no point in turning a race car to a road car. Just like there's no point in turning a faster FXXK to a slower La Ferrari. Besides I don't think comfort is really a thing in a game. It's not like you're actually sitting in the car. You're, after all, sitting in front of a screen.

You're kind of making my point for me. Race cars built for the circuit are best suited there. Off-road vehicles are best for the off road expanses in Horizon. Sport and street cars can do circuits and (obviously) streets. I think the comfort thing is more of a metaphor. Obviously we're not really sitting in the cars, but it's a combination of what the vehicles are designed for and what they're capable of.

You're kind of making my point for me. Race cars built for the circuit are best suited there. Off-road vehicles are best for the off road expanses in Horizon. Sport and street cars can do circuits and (obviously) streets. I think the comfort thing is more of a metaphor. Obviously we're not really sitting in the cars, but it's a combination of what the vehicles are designed for and what they're capable of.

But off-road specific vehicles ARE IN Forza Motorsport. Remember the rash of negative comments following each of FM7's car pack reveals? People defended their inclusions with "Why not" and "We must welcome all kinds". But no one comes up to bat for the race cars. Hell, even in FM, people want even more road cars over their race counterparts in their so-called more suitable environment. Why is so crazy to have dedicated race cars in an open world environment? The only defense I've seen so far is essentially "Because".

Nobody said it was a double standard lol. I hate having all those SUVs and oddballs in Forza Motorsport also. I wish they would have expanded upon more Motorsport cars like can am, group 6, modern LMPs, touring cars both older and newer, IMSA GTO and GTU, GT4 cars and formula trucks. But instead they added way too many odd balls and trucks and it let me down some of us. Hopefully they shift their focus in the next iteration.

I said it was a double standard. Because there seems to be this idea that road cars are welcome in both franchises, but Race cars aren't. Because they say so, I guess.

Last edited:
But off-road specific vehicles ARE IN Forza Motorsport. Remember the rash of negative comments following each of FM7's car pack reveals? People defended their inclusions with "Why not" and "We must welcome all kinds"
I must be in a parallel dimension, where the complete opposite happened. I specifically remember people ranting about their inclusion if there's not going to be any offroad tracks. Even more so, people holding on to hope that they might actually be useful if the make an off-road/rally expansion.
I said it was a double standard. Because there seems to be this idea that road cars are welcome in both franchises, but Race cars aren't. Because they say so, I guess.
In a game based around Road driving, I would just prefer the car list to not be padded with race cars and instead more meaningful, new to the series, vehicles. I don't follow any motorsport series so I'll always prefer more road going vehicles in either game, but I'm not upset about their inclusion in Motorsport because it makes the most sense.

Last edited:
I must be in a parallel dimension, where the complete opposite happened. I specifically remember people ranting about their inclusion if there's not going to be any offroad tracks. Even more so, people holding on to hope that they might actually be useful if the make an off-road/rally expansion.

There were people in both camps. Many people, myself included made the argument that since the majority of the SUVS/trucks being added were performance variants, like the SRT Trackhawk and SRT Durango, they weren't meant to go off road and were more at home on the track.

Vehicles such as the Nissan Safari, not so much, but it was more than likely there to go against the Bronco and International in the Vintage Off-road division.

People can make an argument against any car they don't want, I distinctly remember having a discussion with a user of the inclusion of the 2CV and it not being a "race car" despite them being shown multiple examples of the 2CV being raced, because it wasn't an "official" series, it didn't count.

The thing is: Forza is a car enthusiast sandbox game. It is called Motorsport, which is why many people want to have more racecars. But that’s not what Forza really is. It is comparable to old GTs, it gives you the toys and the playgrounds to play on. So if you don’t want to drive SUVs, don’t do it, I know some people who don’t even touch the racecars because they love JDMs, muscle cars, and yes, even High-Peformance-SUVs. And that is the right path, because if they changed to Motorsport only they have to rival PCars 2 or Asetto Corsa, which is a huge task, not because they are better, but because they are so different to what Forza is. Let’s compare it to Shooter games. Forza is comparable to games like Battlefield, you can play however you want, there are things and additions that don’t make any sense in its setting, but it is ok, because it doesn’t take itself to seriously. A normal Solider wouldn’t fly a F16 Jet like you wouldn’t normally see a Chevy Colorado racing on Le Mans. PCars is like Rainbow 6: Siege, it has some tactical parts but is still just pick it up and have fun. And last there is Asetto, which compares to a tactical shooter like Arma.
So should Battlefield abandon driving tanks or flying Planes just to fit in a category which others are the benchmark, or should they stick to their philosophy?
Lets think about this:
Forza Abandons all street cars in its next game, that will mean they‘ll lose out on all the people using the game as a sandbox to ride their childhood dream cars. Then they will most likely be compared to PCars 2, which is why they have to go a more tactical route and alienate even more of their players, just to fit in 2 games rather that one in a segment.
What I want to say is that Forza is the best at what it does, now. It has two games, which are each in their own category. If they change their route they will lose players.

The thing is: Forza is a car enthusiast sandbox game. It is called Motorsport, which is why many people want to have more racecars. But that’s not what Forza really is. It is comparable to old GTs, it gives you the toys and the playgrounds to play on. So if you don’t want to drive SUVs, don’t do it, I know some people who don’t even touch the racecars because they love JDMs, muscle cars, and yes, even High-Peformance-SUVs. And that is the right path, because if they changed to Motorsport only they have to rival PCars 2 or Asetto Corsa, which is a huge task, not because they are better, but because they are so different to what Forza is. Let’s compare it to Shooter games. Forza is comparable to games like Battlefield, you can play however you want, there are things and additions that don’t make any sense in its setting, but it is ok, because it doesn’t take itself to seriously. A normal Solider wouldn’t fly a F16 Jet like you wouldn’t normally see a Chevy Colorado racing on Le Mans. PCars is like Rainbow 6: Siege, it has some tactical parts but is still just pick it up and have fun. And last there is Asetto, which compares to a tactical shooter like Arma.
So should Battlefield abandon driving tanks or flying Planes just to fit in a category which others are the benchmark, or should they stick to their philosophy?
Lets think about this:
Forza Abandons all street cars in its next game, that will mean they‘ll lose out on all the people using the game as a sandbox to ride their childhood dream cars. Then they will most likely be compared to PCars 2, which is why they have to go a more tactical route and alienate even more of their players, just to fit in 2 games rather that one in a segment.
What I want to say is that Forza is the best at what it does, now. It has two games, which are each in their own category. If they change their route they will lose players.

Well said.

Personally I'd vote to keep the racecars in Horizon. But the main issue I'd have is with the PI balancing. There needs to be more PI classes on the high end as the GT3 cars in FH3 weren't really competitive against anything but themselves in open class racing (at least with similarly skilled players, I'll still whipe the floor against random scrubs with the BMW Z4 GT3 in S2 class because I'm not crashing on every corner).

Forza makes for a great sandbox racing game, letting you Drive what you want, where you want, when you want. And I want to be able to drive racecars on the roads.

There were people in both camps. Many people, myself included made the argument that since the majority of the SUVS/trucks being added were performance variants, like the SRT Trackhawk and SRT Durango, they weren't meant to go off road and were more at home on the track.
The vocal majority seemed to be more against it rather than for it, though. I actually enjoy the roadgoing SUV's myself, but have never used the actual pure offroad race vehicles yet, and likely never will.

Yes, the vocal ones were rather um...passionate...about many issues, from SUVs to locked cars and "gambling" loot crates. I've gotten in arguments with many of them and in majority of cases, even when presented with logic or evidence against what they were saying they refused to believe otherwise.

I prefer street cars and race cars for Motorsport and street cars and off-road vehicles for Horizon. Am I going to complain if there are race cars in Horizon? No. Am I going to complain about off-road vehicles in Motorsport? No. But don't expect me to drive a lot of race cars in Horizon or a lot of off-road cars in Motorsport.

People are going to riot if new race cars are introduced in Horizon before Motorsport, with a very good chance that the DLCs won't carry over (such is the case with most of the DLC offroaders from FM7).

People are going to riot if new race cars are introduced in Horizon before Motorsport, with a very good chance that the DLCs won't carry over (such is the case with most of the DLC offroaders from FM7).

It almost feels like opposite day. Let's add off roaders to the track racing game, rather than introducing them in the game that features off-roading sections, and so if the licensing doesn't work (or whatever the case may be), they won't actually be in the game that features off-roading sections.

People are going to riot if new race cars are introduced in Horizon before Motorsport
The #17 Bentley GT3 was first introduced in FH3. It is a newer model then the Bentley GT3 in FM6.
The Aston Martin Vulcan is a non-road legal track only car, It was introduced with FH3.

In my opinion, race cars fit better in Motorsport series. We should have them in Horizon 4 too, but i think that include those SUV's in Horizon will make more sense than include them in Motorsport. For example, the XC90 have power enough to do some laps in your favourite track, but i don't think that the engineers developed the car completely in Nurburgring... For sure they took some laps there, but in fact only a few people that buy that car is going to take it to a race track...

For the life of me I cannot understand the logic behind adding off-road trucks and SUV's to Forza Motorsport and then NOT adding them to Horizon. And I would say the same thing in reverse if Horizon went and added a new race car. For example, I love Chevy but I will not go and pay for the Chevy Colorado in FM7. More power to those that do, but driving a pickup truck around circuits does nothing for me. Take my money now to put it in Horizon (where it belongs...). Either add some off-road tracks to FM, or add the FM off-road vehicles to Horizon. I just don't get it. :confused:

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy...

But is there any proof behind some of the new to series vehicles, like has there been any screenshots of folder files and stuff? Only, I find the likes of the Merc Project One and Aston Valkyrie hard to believe - perhaps too good to be true lol

Not doubting anyone!

Edit: Rephrasing. :)

Edit again - I've found a Reddit post that was deleted, but originally contained the same info. Is that the source?

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy...

But is there any proof behind some of the new to series vehicles, like has there been any screenshots of folder files and stuff? Only, I find the likes of the Merc Project One and Aston Valkyrie hard to believe - perhaps too good to be true lol

Not doubting anyone!

Edit: Rephrasing. :)

Edit again - I've found a Reddit post that was deleted, but originally contained the same info. Is that the source?

They're evidenced in references in one of the audio XML files, no screenshots but they're legitimate.

Latest Posts

Back