Rediscovering GT

• Thread starter CamshaftXJ
  • 35 comments
peterjford
I just have to share this and I guess this is as good a thread as any.

I was trying to finish the IA licenses. I got a bronze in the first 4 over the last 2 weeks. It has been taking me about an hour to finally get a bronze in each race. I skipped ahead to IA-7. Man that TVR is twitchy. And I don't know SS11 at all. I tried it for an hour and was still 7 seconds off. I figured I would try something different and was looking at my records for the B licenses. I realized that even though I really struggled with them when I first did them (they were the first things I did when I started playing), I was only a few tenths away from some silvers. And for a couple I was less than a tenth away. So I decided to try and improve my times on the B licenses. Only took me about half an hour to get 6 silvers and 1 gold. I looks like a couple more golds are possible now, and that last bronze (B-8, the final test) I think I can silver with a little more practice. I guess all the racing I have done and trying to get the IA licenses has improved my driving.

Next I am going to check out some websites for advice and shaving off that last few hundredths of a second on the B test, and then go back and finish the IA tests.

Peter J. Ford

That's all it takes is practice practice practice. I personally don't remember having so much trouble getting bronzes (no more than a few hours work) but I'm the type who constantly thinks about cars and how to apex corners and stuff. When I walk around sometimes I'll carve corners in hallways out-in-out...I've been doing this since I was 12!

I'll dig up a website I found called Iggy's Gold. Hope it helps (be right back)

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
When i walk around sometimes i'll carve corners in hallways out-in-out...i've been doing this since i was 12!

I bet you got some strange looks...

Latest Posts

Back