Redline (the movie) has the ability to _____

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pupik
  • 48 comments
  • 2,819 views

Pupik

dig the bolts in my neck
Staff Emeritus
Messages
19,942
United States
Alabamamania
Fear the hype, and risk $8 and 2 hours of your time.

Examples:
1) ...make Disney's Cars look like a documentary.
2) ...make The Fast and Furious deserving of Oscar for its screenplay.
3) ...make you be ashamed to enjoy driving a car.
 
...stake permanent claim to the title "Worst Film Ever Produced".

All other directors can rest easy now.
 
...not only suck like FF but blow as well.
 
... go where no other crap film has had the ability to go before
 
...make Mary Whitehouse look like Disneyland.
 
My first reaction, was... Wow, for young people they really can drive.

Seriously, the trailer is full of young people driving really expensive cars.

well... Gotta cater to the right crowd.
 
Damn, I was really looking forward to this too after seeing a section of the L.A. Carshow entirely devoted to this movie and filled with exotics and beautiful women in spandex...
 
Guns, girls, cars, and explosions....this can not possibly be a bad movie.
 
Guns, girls, cars, and explosions....this can not possibly be a bad movie.
Hmmm.. Bad Boys, Bady Boys 2, TFTF series, Gone in 60 seconds, Dukes of Hazzard, Smokey & the Bandit, CannonBall run, XXX, all the James Bond films, the list is as long as my arm.

How much you wanna bet somethings gonna get stolen and cause a heated argument?

(Yes, I know it's bad form to include both Bond and Vin Diesel in any list)
 
I liked all of those movies, they were entertaining and that's all I ever want out of a movie...entertainment. I don't really like movies with a hard to follow plot and movies that are supposed to be artistic or something.
 
I can't say I've not enjoyed the above movies, as they really do aim to be "flight of fancy" plots and deliver on a premise.

I don't think any one of them aimed to be anything more than that.

I just won't expect much from this movie, for that reason and that it has Eddie Griffin in it. I don't suspect I'll purchase the DVD either.
 
How about Fight Club and/or Memento

They both have guns, girls, cars, and explosions, AND a hard to follow plot, yet are amazingly good. Granted, Fight Club doesn't have much cars, but still.
 
Ahhh... But those two are not featuring "driving" as part of the plot.
 
ummm... true.

Then how about Smokey and the Bandit?



























































[/sarcasm]
 
Just the fact that they made a movie out of that series was a total waste....

As for this new movie, looks way to cheesy and everyone is trying to hard to get noticed
 
...Make me enraged over the waste and destruction of rare and beautiful cars in the name of Hollywood trends?
 
How about Fight Club and/or Memento

They both have guns, girls, cars, and explosions, AND a hard to follow plot, yet are amazingly good. Granted, Fight Club doesn't have much cars, but still.

I don't like Fight Club, I never saw why people thought it was so great, and I never saw Memento.

I never once said movies with hard to follow plots are bad, I just said I didn't like them.
 
Is anyone else really really tired of the Redline Commerical trailer? These guys sponsored everything... :rolleyes:
 
I never once said movies with hard to follow plots are bad, I just said I didn't like them.

I didn't say you said they were bad.
 
Gad... I forgot one of my recent favorites "The Marine" with John Cena.

Yes, I've grown quite irritable with how much that commercial plays. It is exceeding my hatred of the Chevy Presidents Day Commercial.
 
I liked all of those movies, they were entertaining and that's all I ever want out of a movie...entertainment. I don't really like movies with a hard to follow plot and movies that are supposed to be artistic or something.
But when there are gaping plotholes and/or bad writing it does become hard to follow.

Although I will admit to owning a few of those movies as guilty pleasures.

DWA
Is anyone else really really tired of the Redline Commerical trailer? These guys sponsored everything... :rolleyes:
The first sign that the producers know it is a bad movie is when a non-big name movie opens on a random weekend and gets the hell promoted out of it leading up to the release without revealing anything about the film. So far I spent more time watching that trailer than any one TV show and all I know is there are very fast, very expensive cars being driven by people who can't drive and Eddie Griffin is in the film. Plot, what plot?

Did it get a press screening yet? No press screening is the other bad sign.
 
I think the Gallardo driving under a semi trailer and the Carrera GT flipping through the air are also indications that this movie might not be of the highest caliber. On the other hand, I heard that there was originally a scene in Casablanca where Humphrey Bogart drifted an Oldsmobile Coupe through a crowded public market. It must have been cut for time.
 
The first time i saw the trailer for this, all i could think off was "what the hell". I love how the carrera hits the rocks (or whatever it hit) and does a million flips, but sustains no noticeable damage. Its just another movie for the my stupid generation [average kid] "ooo wow, i saw an enzo, and a gt40. those are my dream cars now. once i get my record deal, im going to buy one of those because i am too lazy to look into an actual future" [/average kid]

"You know you could have just honked the horn","that would have been rude". They may beat the fast and the furious for horrendously bad quotes

as for the movies der alta mentioned
-I absolutely loved the 'original' gone in 60 seconds. No plot at all, but tons of REAL action.
-The cannonball run was pretty interesting, again not much of a story line.
-And james bond films, depending on who is james bond, can be awesome.
 
On AOTS (G4) they showed a clip of Eddie Griffin saying... "They can make another car but they can't make another Eddie". That really ****ing ticks me off because I don't agree with it. I hate that guy, I hate this movie for shoving the trailer continuously down my throat, I hate how the typical kid will think this movie is "cool". :rolleyes:
 
I just read an article on Edmunds.com... I guess the producer of the film is also the owner of all of the exotics in the move. He also paid for the entire movie to be made. In the film, they wreck an actual Carerra GT... it was this guys "least favorite car"... :scared:

Rich people...:rolleyes:
 
Wow, I thought the crash was just a model or something. But I wish I could be that rich that I could do something like that.
 
I should also mention that the GT he wrecked was his least favorite of the 2 he had :sick:
 
It's got sexual content, gangsters, and supercars. Sure it'll be a crap movie, but it'll be a fun one.
 
Back