Reefer Madness: Power Through the Noughties Sat 10:30pm UK time from 8th April

• Thread starter reefer
  • 235 comments
...the Swingle Singers is a wee bit away from your usual rock and rockabilly sound tracks, so I couldn't resist a little poke at you. ;) You knows ah luvs ya!

We've covered punk, metal, rock, pop and many other music genres; it was time for a change. A cappella was the only way to go for the DB9 and you know it Old Boy!

The LCC Rocket video (complete with a surf soundtrack!) is in the oven baking, so check post #205 above in about 10 minutes for that. And I'll hear nothing of the accompanying soundtrack, although, admittedly I'm not satisfied with it.

Some decent racing at Cape Ring lads, however, for our last meet, I'd like to see Slant easing off a little when around others. Men of Speed, let's go out in style:cheers:

Apologies for the delay Men Of Speed.

Here's your time to shoot for the 458 Italia which will be a 25-minute race:

*****WEEK 5: 6th May****
the final weekend

Race 1
: '08 Buybon / BMW M5 / SM / Le Mans 2013
No time to shoot for
Tooma / DC / and Quentin on 100%
Everyone else on 98%
Slipstream will be set to low for plenty of action

Race 2: '09 Autope - Ferrari 458 Italia / SS / Nurb GP/F
Time to shoot for is +/- 0.5 of a second on 2:04.5​

2:03.9 at 96% for the Italia.

Great time Quentin and puts you right in the frame.

I also need to race with you guys! I miss this so much. But i have moved to a small city and the connection here is crap.

But don't worry, one day we will be racing again together, and i will keep visiting your series and cheering for you guys! The madness will always be with me!;)

:cheers:

Thanks for your kind words Leo. The Madness Series holds its last event this weekend and there are no plans for it to return. Thanks for coming along in the past when you did. You are a driver with high standards and I wish we could have raced more together! Good luck with your GT6 connection issues and hopefully we can catch up again Leo:tup:

I wonder if @IMMORTALPILOT has plans to enter this?

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/201...-the-world-fastest-gamer-competition-5134287/

The madness will always be with me!
Perhaps stronger medication may help. :)

May the bright fibre cable reach you soon Leo
It hasn't even found it's way to me yet Tom! Mine is more like a flickering candle.

Joe - Since my practising during the week usually ends with dissappointment when I can't usually make it to the races I haven't even bought the cars for this race yet. But as usual if I can get there I will.
But if I can't...
Good luck to all in the final finale. :gtpflag:

But as usual if I can get there I will.
But if I can't...

Yes, Paul, I know if you can, you will:tup:

Good luck to all in the final finale.

@quentin1974 @Derek Morten @tooma - do you lads have a time for Le Mans at 100% on the power limiter? I can't decide whether "the rest" should be on 98% or 97%. The weak slipstream setting seems to work from 75m back on the straights.

The second race in the 458 Italia is gonna take some good skill from all of us to brake and get round the first corner as a unit. For a start we'll be in reverse grid format. Then add in 14+ prancing horses slipstreaming, braking in dirty air to almost a standstill, and rounding the right hander, all the while trying not to touch another car or lose a place. I can't imagine it. So let's all show a little caution at the start of the Nurb GP/F race. It'll be a 25-minuter so there's plenty of time to pick up any tenths you lost by being a little cautious at the start.

in the Z8's
Ah yes I remember that race.
Apricot Hill Raceway_28.jpg

The Madness is over!!!! :scared:;)
I don't believe it!!!:eek::lol:

Thank you Joe and everyone for some fantastic races and fun banter. Both races provided really fun close racing throughout the field. In fact the whole Madness series has done this.

Real shame some of our friends couldn't make it.

Saturday nights are not going to be the same again...but at least you get a lie in on Sunday mornings Joe. Thanks again for your hard work organising and producing the series.

Hope we can all race again soon.

Last edited:
It's been a grand effort from JK once again, and looking at the posts above, properly appreciated by all. I add my thanks to a lad I have come to regard as a friend; so, here's to our next meets at wherever we find ourselves in our virtual race world. Cool runnings all!
This shot is from the Final Race of the first Madness Championship.

Last edited:
JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE! JOE!

GT is brilliant fella, but it's even more brilliantera when there's blokes like you around 👍

Top Man!

Cheers, Zo.

Le Sarthe 2013 - Qualifier - BMW M5 - Sports: Medium

qualifier.jpg

BMW M5 Results

bmw results.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia BHP Figures

nurb bhp.jpg

Nurburgring GP/F - Ferrari 458 Italia - Sports: Soft - 25-minute final race

nurb results.jpg

Thanks for your comments above lads:tup:

First up, congrats to Longbow and Slant for their wins!

And apologies to Famine for the Nurb lap 1 tap and not returning the place. You got out of shape, I clipped your back end and you went grass bound. After that, I thought you were right beside me about to retake the place, but I didn't lift off the gas enough. My bad! I could have done with a drink of ethanol during that race just to keep up. Fast 'n furious. With substantially less power, I sometimes found myself pushing beyond what I and the car were capable of. In pre-race practice I managed a 2:03, but running in dirty air in the race I was way off that and merely a sitting duck for any wannabe attackers. But I really enjoyed the 458 race! Once my tyres went off and darkness fell, I really struggled to keep up with Suts and Fad. Super racing though guys. Great shame about Zo losing his screen and having to retire. I hope you get that fixed mate.

I ran alone for most of R1 in Colin's bimmer. I got bumped off by Slant twice, fell off once myself, and got caught up in a separate accident. What a battle for 2nd and 3rd though! That has to be the battle of the whole Madness Series with retake after overtake after retake. Also, the Colin/Venari battles too (in both races) were pretty intense - great close racing to watch. In fact, the 3 top runners at Le Sarthe were just a class apart. Well done chaps.

I'm not going to put the scores up as we all know that the they were just there to keep you interested! (A self-regulated handicap doesn't need a scoring system.) But a huge congratulations to Longbow on finishing with the most points after having used a very low bhp setting. Great steady driving mate, well done.

Well, we had some good times, eh lads, including a belting good blast with some naughty cars. And you all did your best to turn up even when the cars/tracks weren't your cup of tea, and for that I'll be eternally grateful. I've learned a lot - both publicly and privately - since starting the GT6 Classic Car Club a couple of years ago. So, many thanks for giving up your valuable time to support me and this series with your mad wisdom. (There are many people I should be thanking, but I'm not gonna do that here. Just know that I appreciate every last bit of help I've been given!)

The Madness Series will not be back. I think it's the perfect time to bow out. I aim to get fit (again!) before I turn 50 next year, and now I've got the time, I've got no excuses. I've also got a number of other projects I've been meaning to do but due to various commitments haven't got round to yet.

I may hold a once/twice annually "Men of Madness Reunite" event and very occasionally join the "Racers Reunited" when time allows. Speaking of which, get yourself over there lads for some fun 'n frolics with Zo 'n Co. Always some interesting goings ons, nothing like the boring madness stuff, and you will not be disappointed. Races run on Tuesdays and start at 8:30pm UK time.

Catch you all when you're less faster! Men of Speed, it was a pleasure running with you:bowdown:

All the best - joe:cheers:

(I'm trying to capture the essence of close racing rather than cars running alone.)

Last edited:
A little bit late in posting but just to echo what the others have said - Thanks Joe for taking the time to run your various series. There's always more to it than just the couple of racing hours in the evenings (or mornings!) that go unseen.

I've unfortunately not been able to attend nearly as many races as I'd like to (hardly any in fact) but those I have have always been well run and of course fun.

Wish you well in getting fit (I missed my deadline) and that your projects go as planned. Hope to see you and everyone else around here and there.

Back