What track should be run the GT40 at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scotland
Glasgow
joe__kerr

60s banner1.png

CLASSICS CALENDAR.png
The Madness is back with a Celebration of American Classics from 1948-'69. This time we'll be running cars in their stock form except for a tyre and oil change. You can also change the brake bias to suit and Improve/Restore Body Rigidity. So, not pure stock, but stock enough for some great door-to-door racing.
  • Tyre change to specified grade (see above) - OK
  • Mix of tyre grades - OK
  • Oil change - OK
  • Brake balance change - OK
  • Improve/Restore Body Rigidity
Except that, please touch nothing.

No weight changes, power, drivetrain, suspension or transmission changes are allowed. All races will be on Sports Soft tyres except for the Mario Andretti which will be on Sports Hard tyres and the GT40 which will be on SH front and SM rear. However, except for the GT40, you can run any tyre grade, even a mix of tyre grades, up to and including the specified ones if you wish.

**WEEK 4 TRACK DOWNLOAD LINK FOR MERCURY COUGAR**

*Here is the LINK TO DOWNLOAD LAKESIDE MOTOR CIRCUIT built by Venari

At A Glance

Saturday evening 10:30pm UK time (starting Feb 11th)
Qualifying
2 x 20-min races
Race 1 Grid Order is Fastest First
Second race Reverse Grid
All stock except for tyre, oil and brake balance change
Post a message below to reserve your spot
All welcome

The race room will open at 9:30pm for practice. Qualifying will start at 10:30pm. Race 1 will start at approx 10:40pm until 11:00pm. Race 2 will start at approx 11:05pm until 11:25pm. All times are UK. Points will be awarded for both races.

Race Format: 2x20 Minute Endurance Races
Simply race in a hard but fair way like we know you can! Deliberately cutting corners or dive bombing ain't good. Just be cool and you'll be fine.

Points will be awarded as such:

1st : 25 points
2nd : 20 points
3rd : 18 points
4th : 15 points
5th : 12 points
6th : 10 points
7th : 9 points
8th : 8 points
9th : 7 points
10th : 6 point
11th : 5 points
12th : 4 points
13th : 3 points
14th : 2 points
15th : 1 points

How To Participate

Providing we have space, anyone can take part in A Celebration of American Classics from 1948-'69. Just let me know of your interest by posting a reply in the thread below then join the Club and you'll be good to go. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis. The races will be held in the GT6 Classic Car Club lobby. Community Club (ID: 1042717). My PSN username is joe__kerr

Race Room Event Settings

PP limited to the stock PP plus oil change
Tuning not allowed
Sports Soft or less
Race 1 Grid Order is fastest first
Second race Reverse Grid
Tyre Wear/Fuel usage is normal
No bhp or weight restrictions
ABS is available
Driving line is available
All other Driving Aids are prohibited
Require Tyre Type Change is off (this means you can stick with one grade of tyre)
No mandatory pitstop
Start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
Penalty is off (may be on for some tracks)
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge is real
Visible Damage is off
Mechanical Damage is off
Slipstream Strength is real
Nitrous is prohibited
Boost is off
Wings are not allowed
Voice Chat will be enabled

Same as always - this event is all about having fun. Bring a good attitude along and you'll be fine.

Any questions, get in touch!

joe

Last edited:
reserved for signups

1) #95 fadmad from the land of butter, bacon and bikes
2) #22 Tom_A (mgo) hails from a city where there's only one stop sign
3) #11 quentin from the ice cream sundae state
4) #31 richy comes from a land where it's illegal to handle a salmon in suspicious circumstances
5) #99 and joe originates from the land of Jock Tamson’s bairns
6) #25 John from the land of beauty and Drama
7] #43 Venari from the land of gurning
8) #13 buybon bides in Bo'ness
9) #26 Derek comes from a land where carrying your wife is a sport
10) #57 Al from the land of the wonderful
11) #77 Tooma comes from bonnie bairns land
12) #88 Suts stays in a land where they weigh the Mayor
13) #42 Leo from Senna country
14) ibuking from the land of sumo
15) Jammy from the land expensive speeding tickets
16) WilliFRendon from the land of Miss Universes

Last edited:
Very tempting. If I hadn't disconnected my steering wheel, scraped my "racing" seat (it was uncomfortable anyway) and my caring duties weren't taking up my time - I'd be there.

It's easy to jump in anytime Paul, if the time or inclination affords you. Tom misses his rear gunner and hasn't been the same since you dismantled your "racing" seat:indiff:

Good luck all.

muchas gracias buddy, I'm actually really looking forward to it.

mgo
I'll be in but part time not sure I could run the all races

Good man Tom!

Can we fit Aero Kit Type B to the GT350 Mustang, pretty pretty please?

And maybe some of the little bits and pieces to the GT40? (other - rear cover/vent bits)

(And might I add, all my cars look spectacularly '60s in their Pearlescent Trumpet Gold paint.)

Last edited:
It won't let you into a tuning prohibited room with add on parts. Enabling tuning opens up all options unfortunately. Shame we can't decide which elements to allow. Gearbox would be good for some cars for example.

Can we fit Aero Kit Type B to the GT350 Mustang, pretty pretty please?

And maybe some of the little bits and pieces to the GT40? (other - rear cover/vent bits)

(And might I add, all my cars look spectacularly '60s in their Pearlescent Trumpet Gold paint.)

Probably not Mark for the reason Colin mentioned. However, go for any colour you like, some good eye candy never goes amiss. Testing a sh/sm combo on the gt40 just now - what a difference!

GT40 a lovely drive. I have a few. They can be coaxed into four wheel drifts if you get it right.

GT40 a lovely drive.

It certainly is and I've changed the Calendar above to reflect the track and tyre compound change for the GT40. All drivers must now use Sports: Hard on the front and Sports: Medium on the rear for the GT40.

GT40 a lovely drive. I have a few.
If only this wasn't virtually. :)

Sports: Hard on the front and Sports: Medium on the rear for the GT40.
It certainly tames the handling somewhat but it may become a little more lairy towards the end of the race due to the uneven tyre wear. Which of course can be interesting/fun.

It's easy to jump in anytime Paul, if the time or inclination affords you.
I've started looking into purchasing another seat and the wheel is easy to reconnect. It's just the third part of the equation that may be a problem! We'll see.

May I suggest Suzuka in lieu of Spa for the GT40? It's a bit more fun with the SH/SM setup.

May I suggest Suzuka in lieu of Spa for the GT40? It's a bit more fun with the SH/SM setup.

You certainly can, I'll put it to the vote - poll added at the top of the thread.

And while I've got you on the line Venari, what are we gonna do with your Cougar? Rootin' Tootin' (which can be downloaded via my shared tracks) or other?

Last edited:
One day left for voting on the GT40 track. Please cast your vote at the top of this page @richroo @Derek Morten @CrazyJohn @quentin1974 @fadmad @Sutsagrd

One other thing, is there any interest in running teams, say 2 in a team? If so, you could choose who you want to run with, or I could pick names from a hat, then you'd just make up your team name? Individual points of each team member would be tallied up to make team points. Worth a shout?

Last edited:
Aye why not! Adds another bit of interest

We could trial it for the US stock series? If we go ahead with it shall I just put the names in a hat or is it better if the drivers choose themselves who they want to run with? Another option would be I match drivers up to try 'n make it a closely fought team championship? Let me know guys:tup:

I've started looking into purchasing another seat and the wheel is easy to reconnect.

Jump in anytime Paul for some light relief, it's free and easy!!

I have a beaut of a GT40, but stock is stock, so I buy another one. Two GT40s, I can live with. No 11 please.

Re teams - I don't want to inflict my 'slowness' on anyone...

In general, I do like the idea; I reckon it adds another level of interest. :)

Last edited:
Re teams - I don't want to inflict my 'slowness' on anyone...

I'd be happy to be your pardner T.....

EDIT: Running teams could also bring into play what Hamilton did at the last GP. The leader (or lead driver of the team, providing he's near the front) could strategically drive within himself allowing his partner to possibly catch up and gain a place or two which I think would be great fun.

I think some races could end up like chess on wheels where team strategy comes into play in both "Fastest First Grid" and "Reverse Grid". The mind boggles at the possibilities and I get excited thinking about it.

Last edited:
it's free and easy!!
Tell that to the electricity company. ;)

Well the wheel is reconnected and I'm sitting on an old office chair which rolls backwards when I press my stiffened brake pedal, but it's a start.

I'd be happy to have you as a team buddy too @tooma. We were quite often stuck together anyway. :)

Tell that to the electricity company. ;)

Well the wheel is reconnected and I'm sitting on an old office chair which rolls backwards when I press my stiffened brake pedal, but it's a start.

I'd be happy to have you as a team buddy too @tooma. We were quite often stuck together anyway. :)

Thanks Paul; reckon you need brakes on your chair too, lol.

Back