Regarding Xbox Anywhere

I think we'll be fine guys and gals.

I never said I was confused with it, but that it may be confusing for others reading it too quickly or too far in to each word.

Why else would they tout the pc ability and not give use full use with out having to blow more cash to play it... Then again I could see Microsoft pulling that stunt for our money, but I seriously doubt it.

1. @jimmy i completely agree with you, it would be a downer sooo bad! but to me the way i read is that you need an xbox and a lc with the lastest update

If you want to play the Play Anywhere title on your Xbox.

It does not
say you need an Xbox One to play the PC version on your PC but you do need to update your PC to play it on your PC.

You can take the same logic and say you need to own a Windows 10 PC with the latest update in order to play it on your Xbox One.

I think we'll be fine guys and gals.

I never said I was confused with it, but that it may be confusing for others reading it too quickly or too far in to each word.

Why else would they tout the pc ability and not give use full use with out having to blow more cash to play it... Then again I could see Microsoft pulling that stunt for our money, but I seriously doubt it.

I swear I'm going to be blue in the face before you guys stop with the dumb speculating about how Microsoft is some corrupt evil company trying to exploit every last cent out of you.

ROI0QRg.png

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

BTW, Microsoft invests millions of dollars in R&D technologies every year to help the disabled.

But hey they are just some evil crap company right?

They also made Visual Studio free and made it available on OS such as Linux and OSX for free on top of that, then they bought Xamarin and made that free too.

yeap, my bad, its crossbuy. What the difference, after all? Cross platform MP or what?[/QUOTE

Play anywhere is a program in itself with standard features that work across multiple games.

You will not be dealing with codes with Play Anywhere. Basically if you buy a Play Anywhere game then you can just go onto your PC or Xbox with your account and it will be available to download and play.

Quantum Break was a one off thing where they sent you a code for the digital PC version of the game. Play Anywhere is an actual program with standard features and works the same over multiple games.

You also had to preorder Quantum Break to get the pc code, play anywhere is not a preorder bonus.

Xbox Play Anywhere will bring universal gaming to Xbox and Windows 10 devices. Xbox Play Anywhere is limited to upcoming titles, but games purchased on the Xbox will be playable on Windows 10 PCs and vice versa. You'll also be able to move seamlessly between devices -- you can start playing a game on your Xbox One and pick it up later on your PC. ~ source

see everything is ok! :)

Thread title should be changed and perhaps the thread should be closed, I can see why it was started but it will only lead to confusion having it open when we know this is not the case.

Edit: nice, thread title was changed 👍
Yes this did give me a mini heart attack and then i thought i might as well skip to to the end, if this was a real problem them it would be filled with 50 pages of raging.

guys my brother has an xbox and is going to buy horizon 3, if he buys it on his gamertag am i able to use it on my gamertag on PC to be able to play with him? or does it have to be on the same tag?

guys my brother has an xbox and is going to buy horizon 3, if he buys it on his gamertag am i able to use it on my gamertag on PC to be able to play with him? or does it have to be on the same tag?
As far as I know you cant play with him, its very similar to the steam family sharing service, you can play his games when he is not playing anything but yes you can play forza and you will have to sign into his account.

Last edited:
I don't think this is accurate. I bought Killer Instinct on PC. I have never played it or installed it on my Xbox One. As long as you have Win 10, you should be able to buy it and play it on PC.

As someone else said, they are talking about the Stream option, in which case you DO need (logically) a fully-updated Xbox One, fully updated-game and fully-updated Win 10. These "tech support" agents often know nothing.

You would have to log in to his profile on your PC in order to play it.

There's a workaround to that. If you set his console as your home account, then any games attached to your account can be played on the "home" console.

Meaning you would be able to play the game on PC while logged into your account, and he would be able to play while logged into your "home" console.

There's a workaround to that. If you set his console as your home account, then any games attached to your account can be played on the "home" console.

Meaning you would be able to play the game on PC while logged into your account, and he would be able to play while logged into your "home" console.
wow i'll give this a try thanks! is there any game currently i can test this on?

wow i'll give this a try thanks! is there any game currently i can test this on?

I meant to add "in theory" to the end of that. Since Play Anywhere" isn't a thing yet, there are no games to try it with. I know for sure it works with any game on the console, so I'm assuming it will work on the PC.

I wonder if FH3 will support DX12's Multi-adapter tech so it can utilize both my GTX1070 and my GTX780 to improve framerates. If Microsoft wants to really show what DX12 can do it would be great to have Multi-adapter support.

I wonder if FH3 will support DX12's Multi-adapter tech so it can utilize both my GTX1070 and my GTX780 to improve framerates. If Microsoft wants to really show what DX12 can do it would be great to have Multi-adapter support.

And im just sitting here waiting for DX12 support for Shadowplay and MSI afterburner/rivatuner.

Back