Relationship Between DR and SR

Thanks guys, and congrats to you too, Dawg! :cheers:

Now I'm gonna ramble a bit about it, the matchmaking, and door numbers...

The first few races were about half and half DR As and Bs (all SR S), and since I was the lowest rated A driver I could guess my door number every time. Turned out I'd hadn't qualified as well as it expected, started one place down from my door number, and mostly finished there too. The Bs close to me were pretty damn quick as well. So my DR points took a gentle slide :nervous:

Funny thing is, I don't recall ever being put in a race like that while I was a B, and I was a high B for quite a while :confused:

But following those As around I must've learned something (still not sure what exactly), and took a whole second off my quali time :) Eager for the next race, then disappointed to find I was only one place ahead of my door number! But, I held it (maybe even gained a place) and DR started going up again... phew!

The last few races (getting rather late) it was as if the matchmaking switched to a different mode - now I was one of a small number of DR:A rabbits to a mixed field of mostly Bs, some Cs, and the odd D. Got a pole and win from one of those. In those, the 'bugged door number' theory still held up - I wasn't able to predict my exact door number, but could say what range it would be within, and it always was. I'm guessing I started in my expected position for some of them, maybe one place above in a couple. Solid DR gains, but impossible to say if they were larger than they should've been (in case the scoring was in any way based on the bugged door number) - I suspect not.

Overall DR:A seems like a pretty good fun place to be 👍

Thanks Outspacer! I paid attention to my door number all day too. My races were mixed all day S to D, all SR S. I started in top 5 every race and finished 7th or better. My door number was all over the place though. I finished above it each race and my DR bar did go up. There is some correlation between your door number and DR. Even when I finished below where I started, I still got a DR boost.

Thanks Outspacer! I paid attention to my door number all day too. My races were mixed all day S to D, all SR S. I started in top 5 every race and finished 7th or better. My door number was all over the place though. I finished above it each race and my DR bar did go up. There is some correlation between your door number and DR. Even when I finished below where I started, I still got a DR boost.

I think that even if you finish in the expected position, you could still see a gain or drop in DR, depending on the exact ratings of the others. And certainly if you're expected to win the race, and do, then it would be pretty mean not to gain DR :)

Back