Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
Sooo.... Is the Alfa Giulia TZ2 supposed to sound like a vacuum or is it just the tune I'm using? New tune by ONR TN Eagle.

Absolutely savage... Reminds me of GT6 :(

I wanted to know if hooking the game up to a good DD or DTS system is worth it. If I go ahead with this, I'm looking at at least a $500 investment.

I'm currently playing my Xbox through one of those old school Akai amps that come with large well-built stereo speakers. They pack one mean punch and the dynamic range is good too.

Now, I understand the benefits such as directional audio and even better dynamic range but do the cars necessarily sound better with a good 5.1/7.1 system? Do they sound more realistic or for example, is the road noise more pronounced as you pick up speed?

I could pick up surround headphones too but I don't have a high tolerance for wearing them too long, so speakers just suit me better.

Now that the car pass is complete I thought I'd go back and run a few of the career races.

I have run three different class series, one with the new Fiat Dino coupe and that was pretty fun in the 400 class.

Here's where the accolades stop. I ran two other series and I saw the DLC cars run as AI but I cant actually choose to use them myself... this is DLC I own and I cant actually use them!

Ok one series, maybe that a bug but two of out three series??? Worse still the AI being able to use them, ostensibly using "Drivatar" technology based on real Forza fan driving? How did they get this data when no actual human was able to drive them in the career game???

Now I realise Turn 10 didnt do this deliberately, why would they? But this sort of oversight really sours my $100+ investment. But hey, at least I get hundreds of hours being denied use of my DLC that was my own choice to buy.... and worse still, stuff like this isnt fixed after not 1 or 2 or 3 but SIX dlcs have been released.

It even puzzles me how these bugs crop up. Who would think that people would actually want to use DLC cars in career races? No one I guess...
Which career series?
I know I couldn't use the DLC Prototypes, GT3s, the Mini '65 and a few others as T10 have made us choose default cars in the Enduros and Micro car races.

Which career series?
I know I couldn't use the DLC Prototypes, GT3s, the Mini '65 and a few others as T10 have made us choose default cars in the Enduros and Micro car races.

The Volumes of Motorsport.

I dont expect to be able to use the DLC cars in the endurance and that kind of thing. I mean you cant even use your own cars or tune in most of that I beleive. I dont treat that kind of thing as the "main game". Its a sideshow.

Just saw this on Facebook.....

Fi0VZdf.jpg

Thoughts???

Last edited:
Hahaha imagine that!

But he confirms in the comments that its not just a livery, but a whole new car coming in a car pack. Finally something to satisfy drifters?

Ah OK cool, I had no idea who he was. I see the importance now, so in that case they would be getting their beloved S14, right?

I hope that they extend it for a lot more than just one pack. I mean if this were to be a special drifter one than at least we'd have two more counting the Top Gear one.

The one car I'd love to get is the Saab 9-3. I bought one last year and I never played FM4, so I missed out. My first car was (and still have it) a Daewoo Cielo, obviously that piece of crap has never appeared in a game. I'd love to be able to drive my own car in Forza so I guess my only chance is with the Saab, although they are slim.

Ah OK cool, I had no idea who he was. I see the importance now, so in that case they would be getting their beloved S14, right?

I hope that they extend it for a lot more than just one pack. I mean if this were to be a special drifter one than at least we'd have two more counting the Top Gear one.

I have no idea if the S14 is coming too, this doesn't confirm that at all. It's just showing that him and Forza (+ Youtuber the Slap Train) are doing a reveal of his new livery on Monday on stream and in conjunction with this reveal, his car is coming to the game sometime in the future. (I've seen some people say this could just be a livery on the GT86/BRZ, but that wouldn't make sense as his car is a Scion FR-S which isn't in the game AND he said it's coming in a car pack in the comments)

To your point about future car packs, they absolutely will continue to deliver car packs beyond the car pass, past April most likely until FH3's launch (or one month before). They've been doing this since FM4. They wouldn't stop now if it still makes them money, which it obviously does. I think there's still a lot of FM6 content to come before Horizon 3 arrives.

Last edited:
Stanced garbage by the looks of it.
You need to get your eyes checked. You can tell from the front bumper that the car is no where near stances. I guess every time you see a leads lead you wave your fist in the air about those silly low cars.

Two manufacturers done just maxed Lamborghini's affinity. Next is Ford, how many laps does it take to max affinities?

Two manufacturers done just maxed Lamborghini's affinity. Next is Ford, how many laps does it take to max affinities?
If you use 100 affinity mods or prodigy Mods, it takes a race around 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes to fully max an affinity from zero. Those are rarer so sometimes you have to use the 60% affinity mods or 60% total exp mods. Average time when I did mine was usually 2 hours or so per manufacturer. I made sure to save the 100% ones for manufacturers or cars I didn't care for.

It's his Formula D car for this year no doubt, this is one instance where form actually gives function.

You need to get your eyes checked. You can tell from the front bumper that the car is no where near stances. I guess every time you see a leads lead you wave your fist in the air about those silly low cars.
All I see is a tire that appears to be nearly 45 degrees. Blarg.

Last year's chassis

FDLB15F-1-2.jpg
Huh, that doesn't look as bad as I thought... Must have been the angle.

We've had the Rhys Millen/Red Bull Hyundai Genesis in FM3/4, that was also a purpose-built drift car. And the Top Secret S15. Of course those cars are so old they wouldn't be competitive anymore, but it's not the first time a drift car has been in Forza.

Turn 10 should go back to the roots of Forza Motorsport 2 and start embracing the small car companies, tuning garages and cars that don't receive the light of day.

It's disappointing that many of my favorite tuner cars aren't in FM6, a game that I may consider purchasing when I get an Xbox One.

Love, why must you go so soon?

RE_Amemiya_AD_91.jpg

Well that was a little concerning.

My X Box One just randomly turned off, I was doing a lap of the Nurburgring GP track in a Rolls Royce Wraith.

Have switched the power off the wall and thankfully it has turned back on again.

Fingers crossed this is just a one off..

I could do without it breaking down right now.

Well that was a little concerning.

My X Box One just randomly turned off, I was doing a lap of the Nurburgring GP track in a Rolls Royce Wraith.

Have switched the power off the wall and thankfully it has turned back on again.

Fingers crossed this is just a one off..

I could do without it breaking down right now.

I was just reading up on this today. Did it overheat? If yes, it shuts down automatically. But in that case, you should be getting the auto-shut off message on start up.

No messages came up.

But I've been playing it and it's not happened again.

So with a bit of luck this is a one off.

Least I hope so, Can't really afford to be buying another X1 at this time.

Finally they have a ghost league with more than a few cars to chose from. I think there's 30 you can pick from. Last week there was only 2, and the week before I think 6 or 8.

Back