Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
VXR
New cars next Tuesday. I can't wait. I love DLC day.
You got my hopes up. I read this and thought "Oh yeah, today's Monday! So new DLC tomorrow!" Now I have a week of disappointment to live with.

Speaking of the monthly DLC, it's the Daytona 24 hours this weekend and the Bathurst 12 hours the weekend after.

Does anyone think we might get a few famous cars from these races, particularly Daytona? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Why does the GT500 Nissan GT-R sound like a V6 when it should be a four-cylinder?
Should it? I'm not sure enough to argue with you, but I'd be surprised if it was a four

edit - Well, well. Yep you're right, its a four. Google is a good friend :)

I'll have a listen later 👍

Decided to take inspiration (by which I mean copy) from @ZDUPH and go for a complete affinity level for each manufacturer. At the moment, I only have 2, but once I've completed every chapter in career I'm gonna go for it.

Gonna start with Terradyne, just to get it out of the way.

Someone already looked at the 2015 GTR model under a magnifying glass and worked out its an old model with the new paint... so old model, old sound.

There's some youtube footage of the NR20A 4 cyl. R35. It sounds like a four. I dont expect them to have recorded BTCC or V8 Supercars or JGTC cars... close enough is good enough is their motto.

Just hit level 500 and had 153 prize spins stacked up (including level 400 and 500 special spins) so decided it's time to use them all, I started off with almost exactly 23 million, after all them spins I now have 151.6 million and a ridiculous amount of extra mods. If we exclude the 2 special spins (winnings totaled 75 million) and work out the average (ignoring potential value of mods) I was winning approximately 350k per spin.

400-500 took under half the time it took me to go from 300-400, due to more racing and less time spent in the tuning test drive mode where you get no XP, next up level 600 :D.

In game if sounds like the GTR LM. I don't think it can be the old Super GT Nissans in (FM3/4) as they had 4.5 litre V8s and they didn't sound like the FM6 car, they sounded like high revving racing V8s.

Just hit level 500 and had 153 prize spins stacked up (including level 400 and 500 special spins) so decided it's time to use them all, I started off with almost exactly 23 million, after all them spins I now have 151.6 million and a ridiculous amount of extra mods. If we exclude the 2 special spins (winnings totaled 75 million) and work out the average (ignoring potential value of mods) I was winning approximately 350k per spin.

400-500 took under half the time it took me to go from 300-400, due to more racing and less time spent in the tuning test drive mode where you get no XP, next up level 600 :D.
I always seem to get shafted on those special level spins. I missed on the 25 million for level 400, only got 5. I leveled up almost 20 times yesterday, and it seems like I don't hit the 1 million in the center near as much as I did after they first changed it early last December. I think I only hit it twice yesterday, and I used to hit it on average every three spins or so.

I always seem to get shafted on those special level spins. I missed on the 25 million for level 400, only got 5. I leveled up almost 20 times yesterday, and it seems like I don't hit the 1 million in the center near as much as I did after they first changed it early last December. I think I only hit it twice yesterday, and I used to hit it on average every three spins or so.

Sorry to rub it in but I think I've hit the jackpot on almost every special spin :P, but yeah I think they've reduced the chances of jackpot in normal spins as well, my spins in early December were 1 million every few spins but now it's roughly 1 in 10, I can't complain though it's still better than what it was before December.

If I could I'd donate credits to whoever needed them as I already have every car and all the mods I could possibly need now, I suppose I'm now on the quest for the credit cap :lol:.

Sorry to rub it in but I think I've hit the jackpot on almost every special spin :P, but yeah I think they've reduced the chances of jackpot in normal spins as well, my spins in early December were 1 million every few spins but now it's roughly 1 in 10, I can't complain though it's still better than what it was before December.

If I could I'd donate credits to whoever needed them as I already have every car and all the mods I could possibly need now, I suppose I'm now on the quest for the credit cap :lol:.
I've been buying a lot of mods for the affinity and exp boosts. Those are the only ones I use. I sell all the other boost mods. I'm going to get this badge for 30 affinity levels maxed, and then see how I feel. I drove the Terradyne for the first time the other day, and I don't think I'll be maxing it's affinity. :lol:.

The quickest way to gain levels, is use 3-100% exp mods on the Indy endurance race. It's boring as heck, but will get you 12-13 levels in around one hour. :cheers: I do that when I run low on exp and affinity mods to get quick money.

Last edited:
With the reflection of the bright white dashboard on the windscreen, and the ForzaGlare™ sunlight, it becomes almost impossible to see out of the Rolls Wraith...

With the reflection of the bright white dashboard on the windscreen, and the ForzaGlare™ sunlight, it becomes almost impossible to see out of the Rolls Wraith...

Speaking of graphical priorities, it's also great how there's always some helicopter hovering in the sky. Yesterday I was driving solo at Spa in the Alpine A110. I stopped the car so I could check the engine at idle, but all I could hear was helicopter noise. Simply brilliant! 👍

Speaking of graphical priorities, it's also great how there's always some helicopter hovering in the sky. Yesterday I was driving solo at Spa in the Alpine A110. I stopped the car so I could check the engine at idle, but all I could hear was helicopter noise. Simply brilliant! 👍

Part of the changes introduced in FM5 to address the criticism of "lifeless" tracks in previous iterations.

The barbeques running on every corner, the fireworks, the planes landing...
I was trying to look it up in the Forza forums, but I couldn't find it. A couple months back someone was asking what was making all the smoke at Road Atlanta. I dont remember, but he could of asked if they were mosquito foggers. Some guy responded real serious:
"Those are Mosquito Foggers, ever since (he had some date) every track in the state of Georgia is required to have mosquito foggers"
The guy who asked the question responded back something like:
"Ok thanks that's what I thought they were".
I wish I could find it, it was really funny. :lol:

Part of the changes introduced in FM5 to address the criticism of "lifeless" tracks in previous iterations.

I totally get it – it was a valid criticism – but they've gone overboard with the helicopters. There's three of the things on the high-speed section in the middle of the Nordschleife alone! It always feels a little ridiculous when I'm there hotlapping on my own.

Also, I refuse to believe there's that many Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men at any sporting event.

I totally get it – it was a valid criticism – but they've gone overboard with the helicopters. There's three of the things on the high-speed section in the middle of the Nordschleife alone! It always feels a little ridiculous when I'm there hotlapping on my own.

Also, I refuse to believe there's that many Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men at any sporting event.
I suspect it's a case of "we've put so much time into developing these details, it would be a waste not to use them."

Which explains the criticism of too much water on the tracks as well.

It's always been kinda funny to me in any racing game to see packed grandstands no matter what you're doing there.

"Welcome to Circuit of the Americas, everyone. We have a capacity crowd on hand to watch a 2012 Scion tC drive around the track by itself."
IIRC, in FM5 when you were testing a car and maybe rivals, the grandstands were empty. The track side things and the helicopters were still there though... For me I prefer testing my car to an empty track, just for that "realism" factor as if I rented the track out for a day of Test n' Tune.

The most distracting track side objects for me have to be the random orange smoke plumes at Indy. I'm more than positive they're lifted straight from Horizon 2, and I occasionally mistake it for an upcoming checkpoint or something. :lol:

Back