Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
Can't wait for the Daytona USA 2 liveries. :D

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure plenty of painters who are into that will have the necessary decals ready by now.

I can't wait to see how SweedishThunder's gallery over at fm.net will change with the introduction of actual Nascar cars. He's been painting Nascar liveries on whatever car available since the days of FM5!

<...>and even go kart racing ... myself I'll give anything a go.

I don't think that's ever happening. Karts are too different from cars, and T10 seems to deeply dislike anything that doesn't work as anything else in the game (that is, anything that wouldn't fit in a field of random cars in Free Play, or coudln't be painted in the Paint Booth, or set-up to an extent with their tuning options).

The new content update for FM6 looks rather tasty: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_may_cu

I'm excited to see how the refinements made to the AI will improve their behavior in any class and division. As most people have noticed, the AI has had issues keeping up when cornering within close proximity to the player's car, not to mention the pileups often happening in the first corner. At least the latter is said to be reduced with the nature of rolling starts, but fingers crossed this is the update to make the AI more fun and competitive overall.

Ok, bought the VIP Exclusive FM6 on day one. Been getting free cars. But did I miss something?? Havent been on the game in a while, but noticed there has been a couple new car packs came out but it seems I have to buy them. Has the Car Pass ran out?? If so when did it stop?? I did purhcase the Porsche pack but after that I dont remember getting any more free cars

Ok, bought the VIP Exclusive FM6 on day one. Been getting free cars. But did I miss something?? Havent been on the game in a while, but noticed there has been a couple new car packs came out but it seems I have to buy them. Has the Car Pass ran out?? If so when did it stop?? I did purhcase the Porsche pack but after that I dont remember getting any more free cars
Car pass ended in March.

It stopped a while back.

The new content update for FM6 looks rather tasty: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_may_cu

I'm excited to see how the refinements made to the AI will improve their behavior in any class and division. As most people have noticed, the AI has had issues keeping up when cornering within close proximity to the player's car, not to mention the pileups often happening in the first corner. At least the latter is said to be reduced with the nature of rolling starts, but fingers crossed this is the update to make the AI more fun and competitive overall.

I just had a quick race against the Drivatars on the Ring, with rolling starts had them set to unbeatable, and for the first time in 11 years I lost to them; legitimately (without falling foul of their very poor braking practices or behavior). I didn't notice any of the usual stupidly early braking from them or anything, and they was exceptionally clean. And I loved it!!!

I had the biggest grin on my face, much like the first time I ever played Forza 11 years ago. I have never had a race against Forza's AI like it, ever.

Are the rolling starts reasonably tightly packed like they would be in real life (circuit depending)?

Noticed that there's a icon over the pit entry now, is that new?

I'm guessing the "Pit Merge Warnings Over Cars" and "Pit Messaging And Waypoint" are new options in HUD menu along with "Proximity Arrows"?

Are the rolling starts reasonably tightly packed like they would be in real life (circuit depending)?

On the green hell they where, not checked on any other track just yet, as I am now cooking a chilli for my dinner. But I will test more later.

One thing that will be annoying however, is the fact I have no idea what gear the car is in at the start of the race; as the HUD still only shows up after the 3 second countdown.

I'm quite liking the new dots on the map. Lovely how they represent the cars that are a lap down with a transparent red dot, while cars on the lead lap are solid red dots.

About as fast I can go, yes. :P

The understeer is manageable by all accounts but it's the racing line that's killing me as I have next to no clue how stock cars are supposed to be driven. Am I ever supposed to be off-throttle? Do I stay as close as possible to the banking?

About as fast I can go, yes. :P

The understeer is manageable by all accounts but it's the racing line that's killing me as I have next to no clue how stock cars are supposed to be driven. Am I ever supposed to be off-throttle? Do I stay as close as possible to the banking?

Yeah, you'll need to lay off the throttle a bit going or brake a little into the corners. Here's an old video, but it should give a good idea.

I've been testing the AI with the new update. I've found the AI cars to drive cleaner on higher difficulty settings. The traffic jams in corners such as Nürburgring GP turn 1 appear to be gone but bumping still occurs. However, close quarters racing is far from being good enough. AI cars still surrender to fall far behind as soon as the player overtakes them, and they still swerve like drunks when getting side by side mid-corner. In short, there are improvements to AI behavior but not enough to be considered good.

I've been testing the AI with the new update. I've found the AI cars to drive cleaner on higher difficulty settings. The traffic jams in corners such as Nürburgring GP turn 1 appear to be gone but bumping still occurs. However, close quarters racing is far from being good enough. AI cars still surrender to fall far behind as soon as the player overtakes them, and they still swerve like drunks when getting side by side mid-corner. In short, there are improvements to AI behavior but not enough to be considered good.

You are missing the biggest thing though Nielsen, on unbeatable they no longer brake in stupid places.

You are missing the biggest thing though Nielsen, on unbeatable they no longer brake in stupid places.

I only ever noticed that as a problem on lower difficulty levels. That's not to deny it hasn't been improved, but I'm not finding them more competitive than before.

Last edited:
Its is more noticeable the faster you are.

I've often found myself right on the tail of the leader around the Nordschleife on unbeatable. In fact, I've repeatedly felt trapped behind the AI but not because of funny braking points. I really don't recall seeing consistent issues with braking unless racing on lower difficulty levels. To me that aspect of the AI feels the same as ever right now.

Back