Release Date (could be of Interest...)

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexsteffen
  • 48 comments
  • 3,305 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
200
Messages
Higgiracer
Sony confirm no further slip for GT4 in UK




[19/11/04 15:33]
US and Japanese delays to Gran Turismo 4 won't affect the British launch


Contrary to what you might have read elsewhere, the reports of problems in Japan and the US have not put back the British release of Sony's own racing giant, Gran Turismo 4.

The ball started rolling earlier in the week when the Japanese arm of Sony announced that their region's release of Polyphony's masterwork was to go back from 3 December to 28 December.

Last night, Sony's US branch also announced that the game was going to be delayed over there, with the release date sliding from 14 December to an unnamed date in early 2005. Both delays were attributed to the developers wanting more time to work on the final tweaks and the localisation of the game - the same reason given after the game was delayed in Britain last month.

Being the ever-eager newshounds we are, we called Sony to see if these latest slips in foreign climes had changed the UK's GT4 release date. And the answer is... they won't. A Sony spokesperson has confirmed that the game is still on target to be released in the first three months of 2005. Phew.

Gran Turismo 4 will be released in early in 2005 for PS2


This article is from here: http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=32954
 
Damn!

Now i need to update my christmas list...
 
Guess loads of people will buy the Japanese version and then buy their local version
 
I would say , later in 2005.
 
That's great UK can still get their copy on schedule. But if u think about it, the first three months of 05 is still potentially behind the other two release dates.
 
What is so complicated about typing out Japanese?! Seriously. You might be offending someone on this site. I know you might not mean to insult anyone, but I don't see why people can't type those 5 extra letters.

Back on topic... I just hope they don't delay the Japanese release date, if they do, it could only mean worst for everyone else. Most of the time, they would release a huge Japanese blockbuster game like GT4 in Japan first.

Early 2005 is a very vague release date. I hope it comes sometime in January or February.

Also, I though that GT4 was completed. If it is done then why was it delayed? Does anyone have any vague ideas?
 
rollazn
Also, I though that GT4 was completed. If it is done then why was it delayed? Does anyone have any vague ideas?

It appears to be a manufacturing problem, not a development problem. In other words, Polyphony delivered the finished game, and Sony ****ed up getting it manufactured in time for the 12/3 release. In regards to the other release dates, I think they're simply under orders from Sony Corporate to NOT release their versions of the game until the Japanese version is out. Hence, the delay of the U.S. version, but not the European version (since it's release was already scheduled later than the current Japanese release).

All we can do now is wait. If the game is actually on shelves in Japan on Dec 28th, I think we can expect it here in the U.S. within two weeks of that date.
 
They finally discovered that Calibra was mis-spelt, and have set up a commitee to work through the issue. That would explain it taking a couple of weeks. :p
 
GT4 won't be out before Xmas. Either way I have a contingency fund waiting if it does. :D
 
Why would anyone not type out Gran Turismo 4? If anyone does have a problem with “Japanese” then they can let me know that such a thing offends them. And I will ask them politely to write the complaint on a piece of paper, fold it, put in an envelope, and, let their imagination run wild where they should show it.

And I do not mean anything bad against Japan or Japanese. I have been there twice, was well treated and I have had Japanese friends. And the use of "Japanese" in my case is due to lack of proficiency in English and bad circumstances- such as lack of keyboard usage. This alone has taken me around 20 minutes to type, and to write this last sentence is putting another minute to it. :sly:
 
^ You need typing lessons...

The Japanese term is based on WW2 when GI's would call Japanese POWs 'Japanese'. So some people (and members) see this as a dorogitory (sp?) name.

Also some people say 'flip' is offensive to Philipinos, well my Philipino mate has never heard of it....
 
:scared:

I can not help the racism that exists in the USA, sorry about that. I did not know members and people where two different things, sorry again.

I guess you mean derogatory, I have never heard of flip. I use "Japanese" mostly among friends not because that the GI's in WW2 used it as racist term but because Japanese is often used and to make things easier the term Japanese is used. I have never used it to talk about a human being, only the origin of a product such as Gran Turismo 4.

It is sad that how the “Political Correctness” has gone so far. People should not take things so personally. But I learnt now a thing atleast, the origin of the word "Japanese" and I will not use it anymore.
 
i am about to go cancel my preorder @ gamestop ....been waiting too long/....
 
Well if it does come out march 2005, I will jump for joy and party like a mutha****er. It it doesn't I won't.
 
gt4 racer
i am about to go cancel my preorder @ gamestop ....been waiting too long/....

What the hell for? So you can pre-order it again in a month? Or just pay for it again when it finally comes out? Just leave it, they don't expire or anything, and it's money you're going to spend on the game anyway.
 
Just in time for Xmess 👍







































2005 👎
 
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good one
 
Must only affect the NTSC versions. Stating the obvious, but ohwell. I hope this is true, then I'll just get my brother to send me a copy.
 
Soman
:scared:

I can not help the racism that exists in the USA, sorry about that. I did not know members and people where two different things, sorry again.

I guess you mean derogatory, I have never heard of flip. I use "Japanese" mostly among friends not because that the GI's in WW2 used it as racist term but because Japanese is often used and to make things easier the term Japanese is used. I have never used it to talk about a human being, only the origin of a product such as Gran Turismo 4.

It is sad that how the “Political Correctness” has gone so far. People should not take things so personally. But I learnt now a thing atleast, the origin of the word "Japanese" and I will not use it anymore.

You don't understand. I am Chinese, and I live in the Southern states of the United States. Tenneessee, which is known to be kind of a "red-neck" area. I have been faced with racism every single day. I think as of now, Asian people get it the worst. There is not a day that goes past that I do not here some sort of racist comment.

Anyways, I don't feel like talking about this at the moment. I am just glad that you aren't going to use "Japanese" anymore. Thanks.

I wasn't offended but I just hate hearing any racist comment directed to me or not.
 
Soman
:scared:

I can not help the racism that exists in the USA, sorry about that. I did not know members and people where two different things, sorry again.

I guess you mean derogatory, I have never heard of flip. I use "Japanese" mostly among friends not because that the GI's in WW2 used it as racist term but because Japanese is often used and to make things easier the term Japanese is used. I have never used it to talk about a human being, only the origin of a product such as Gran Turismo 4.

It is sad that how the “Political Correctness” has gone so far. People should not take things so personally. But I learnt now a thing atleast, the origin of the word "Japanese" and I will not use it anymore.

You're telling me. I got *****-slapped by the359 for posting a little pic of a "mentally disabled" person.

Maybe rigthly so...I can't figure it out.

Anyway, this whole issue doesn't seem to be in any way related to racism, just to laziness regarding typing, something we're all (mostly) guilty of.

edit: maybe I shouldn't have used the term "*****-slapped", as it most likely offends SOMEONE out there. I apologise to all the *****es that are offended. :dopey:
 
rollazn
You don't understand. I am Chinese, and I live in the Southern states of the United States. Tenneessee, which is known to be kind of a "red-neck" area. I have been faced with racism every single day. I think as of now, Asian people get it the worst. There is not a day that goes past that I do not here some sort of racist comment.

Anyways, I don't feel like talking about this at the moment. I am just glad that you aren't going to use "Japanese" anymore. Thanks.

I wasn't offended but I just hate hearing any racist comment directed to me or not.

You do realise that calling Tennessee a "red-neck" area is sort of derogatory in itself.
 
rollazn
You don't understand. I am Chinese, and I live in the Southern states of the United States. Tenneessee, which is known to be kind of a "red-neck" area. I have been faced with racism every single day. I think as of now, Asian people get it the worst. There is not a day that goes past that I do not here some sort of racist comment.

Anyways, I don't feel like talking about this at the moment. I am just glad that you aren't going to use "Japanese" anymore. Thanks.

I wasn't offended but I just hate hearing any racist comment directed to me or not.

Sorry about that, thought you were just some up tight ass hole. And I truely did not know of its origins nor did I see it as racist. Now I do and will NOT be use at all.

I am thinking of either learning Mandarin or Japanese (proper name?), which would you recommend?

kinigitt: He did NOT call it a "red neck" area but stated it is "regarded by some" as such.
 
Soman
Sorry about that, thought you were just some up tight ass hole. And I truely did not know of its origins nor did I see it as racist. Now I do and will NOT be use at all.

I am thinking of either learning Mandarin or Japanese (proper name?), which would you recommend?

kinigitt: He did NOT call it a "red neck" area but stated it is "regarded by some" as such.

okay. my bad. I need to work on my readin skills.
 
kinigitt
You do realise that calling Tennessee a "red-neck" area is sort of derogatory in itself.

Yes, I know. That is why I put quote around it. I am basically saying the majority of people do agree and have said before that Tennessee is a "red-neck state".
 
Soman
Sorry about that, thought you were just some up tight ass hole. And I truely did not know of its origins nor did I see it as racist. Now I do and will NOT be use at all.

I am thinking of either learning Mandarin or Japanese (proper name?), which would you recommend?

kinigitt: He did NOT call it a "red neck" area but stated it is "regarded by some" as such.

I don't know Mandarin or Japanese. I know a different dialect of Chinese. I would say Japanese though. As I would like to know what they are talking about in the Japanese Anime and also I would like to visit Japan one day. Not just because of the car sence over there, but I think Japan is a great place to learn about another different culture.

Mandarin is probably going to be very hard. My dad knows how to speak it, but I don't.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back