Remote Race bot?

• Thread starter OrangeKop
  • 165 comments
Orangekop
I usually play B-spec while doing homework, but now with the remote race i was thinking if it wouldn't be awesome with some kind of bot that just restarted the remote races if possible. Not sure how it would work, maybe a script could be run on the remote race web interface?

I imagine Gold Farmers in China are writing such a program as we speak. Oh and I'm not try to profile or anything, China actually has a "Gold Farming" industry.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to script something, however I don't know that it could ever be intelligent enough to deal with the variables.

What we *really* need now is an Android/iPhone App dedicated to GT5.

I have a bot working — PM me if you want to try it.

B-SpecGrinder.png

Last edited:
I has trained my ocassional girlfriend to press X when the race is over, and check ocassionally that Bob is in the right path

How does it work?
Basically, it emulates a web browser. You give it your PSN username and password, it signs into store.playstation.com, then it uses the same HTTPS APIs that your browser uses to get your profile info, you and your friends' B-Spec drivers, and your PS3's status. It randomly picks an event, 16 drivers, and starts the race, repeating the random event and driver selection every time it detects a race ending. It's written using Yahoo! Widgets.

That screenshot belies how polished it is though. I've only had a couple of days to work on it, so it's not finished; there are bugs related to error handling and so forth.

Sounds handy for when you're asleep etc yonis. Is this something you are looking to release publicly once refined?

The random event thing sounds pretty cool, any chance of an option to add only 20 min events or even single events for example? Same goes for player drivers too.

Sounds handy for when you're asleep etc yonis. Is this something you are looking to release publicly once refined?
Not sure. On the one hand, I want to, but on the other, I'm sure Polyphony would try to find a way to break it once it hit a significant number of people using it. And I'm not sure what the rules are on this forum for this; it's borderline cheating. I may just make a crippled version where you have to manually hit a button and then it'll just do the rest for you, and play a sound when it's done or something, and then release that.
The random event thing sounds pretty cool, any chance of an option to add only 20 min events or even single events for example? Same goes for player drivers too.
I suppose there's no reason why I couldn't. Good suggestions, thanks.

Not sure. On the one hand, I want to, but on the other, I'm sure Polyphony would try to find a way to break it once it hit a significant number of people using it. And I'm not sure what the rules are on this forum for this; it's borderline cheating. I may just make a crippled version where you have to manually hit a button and then it'll just do the rest for you, and play a sound when it's done or something, and then release that.

I'm waiting for its release...

So no one finds it fishy that it's basically a website in which you need to put in your login and password?

Really, no one?

I understand it would be hard to get your drivers and friend list etc otherwise and that his program might be legit, but I wouldn't trust something web based which asks for your login/password, that is all.

So no one finds it fishy that it's basically a website in which you need to put in your login and password?

Really, no one?

I understand it would be hard to get your drivers and friend list etc otherwise and that his program might be legit, but I wouldn't trust something web based which asks for your login/password, that is all.

👍 This

I would rather miss out on stuff, than get ripped off.

Either that or get a gullible friend to try it first.

I have tested this program overnight... left it running all night...
Works fine until all of your drivers are stolen... :lol:
Then about 4 in the morning my ps3 decided to disconnect from the server...

But yeah it would be cool if you had some options in it... Or you could put a manual and auto button...

Also if PD want to open there game up to be 'played' via the website then they will have to understand that people are going to create these auto-bots and macros to do the hard work for them... Just think if you are willing to do this then you must have a computer and your playstation turned on at all times, costing a fortune in electricity, or you could just be very unsporting and leave your playstation off and let everyone else 'earn' YOU money and xp!!

All in all i think this is a very good tool... Helps others out more than yourself so i don't see the harm!!

I have tested this program overnight... left it running all night...
Works fine until all of your drivers are stolen... :lol:
Then about 4 in the morning my ps3 decided to disconnect from the server...

But yeah it would be cool if you had some options in it... Or you could put a manual and auto button...

Also if PD want to open there game up to be 'played' via the website then they will have to understand that people are going to create these auto-bots and macros to do the hard work for them... Just think if you are willing to do this then you must have a computer and your playstation turned on at all times, costing a fortune in electricity, or you could just be very unsporting and leave your playstation off and let everyone else 'earn' YOU money and xp!!

All in all i think this is a very good tool... Helps others out more than yourself so i don't see the harm!!

My computer is almost always on and I really only turn off my PS3 if I'm not going to be at home for a few hours. It doesn't take up THAT much electricity. But 2 or so hours a day is enough, you don't need to host 24/7.

My computer is almost always on and I really only turn off my PS3 if I'm not going to be at home for a few hours. It doesn't take up THAT much electricity. But 2 or so hours a day is enough, you don't need to host 24/7.

I wouldn't know about the electricity, i always switch it all off and it still costs me a fortune, but that is down to my heating...
But yeah 2 hours is more than enough, thats 14 hours of hosting in a week... But its enirely up to the user on how many hours they want to host for... More hours = Happier friends!1

If you left this on overnight, does anyone know if it will compare to the 9hr endurance in terms of credits/xp??

Hosters don't really get the same possible benefits from a remote race compared to friends, so I don't think it's that bad. I see it has a way to thank my friends while I'm unable to make races.

If Sony/PD ever find out about your prog and see it as a problem, either way (if you limit it or not), I'm sure they'd stop it. But I'm sceptical that they will even care to be honest. They haven't exactly "fixed" the auto a-spec grind when it'd be easy to just modify the confirmation box.

Just set my 7th daytona remote race of the day running whilst at work. Having to run a spreadsheet on the work computer to make sure I'm being fair to all friends & must only be getting 2 races per hour actually going due to amount of time it takes to set race up on iPhone via safari.

Wouldn't it be great if some little iPhone app was developed to streamline the process? If I'm having to leave my PS3 on at home I would just like to be able to utilise it better & race closer to 3 20min races an hr rather than 2.

Just as an FYI - I'm currently using Yonis' app (just between two of my own GT5 accounts for now) and it's working well so far :)

Really, no one?

I understand your concern, but the Widget I'm sending to people has its source code completely accessible via the Widget Converter. None of my code is obfuscated. So you could theoretically double-check my work if you know JavaScript.

I have the widget, there is nothing hidden it. It passes the login info straight to the page you would normally log into, the email address and password are stored as a variable and used to login. Of course caution is always your best bet but I have ran it and looked under the hood and see nothing abnormal.

Code:
		var CONFIG =
		{
			"friendList":		{},
			"paths":
			{
				"remoteRace":			"us/api/gt5/remoterace/"
			},
			"PSN":				null,
			"SSO":				"https://store.playstation.com/external/login.action",
			"server":			"https://us.gran-turismo.com",
			"userAgent":		"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4",
		}

var gt5 =
		{
			"auth": function( urlObj )
			{
				if ( preferences.username.value === "" || preferences.password.value === "" )
				{
					showWidgetPreferences( );
					return false;
				}

var loginURL = new URL( );
					loginURL.setRequestHeader( "User-Agent", CONFIG.userAgent );
					loginURL.autoRedirect = false;

if ( !urlObj )
				{
					status.data = "AUTHENTICATING";

var postData =
					{
						"loginName":			preferences.username.value,
						"password":				preferences.password.value,
						"returnURL":			"https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/signin/"
					};

loginURL.location = CONFIG.SSO;
					loginURL.postData = objectToPostData( postData );
					loginURL.nextStep = 1;
				}
				else
				{
					cookies.add( urlObj );

switch ( urlObj.nextStep )
					{
						case 1:
							loginURL.location = urlObj.getResponseHeaders( "Location" );
							loginURL.nextStep = 2;
							break;
						case 2:
							loginURL.location = "https://us.gran-turismo.com" +
												urlObj.result.match( /(\/us\/signin\/signin\.do\?sessionId=.+?)\&/ )[ 1 ] +
												"&url=" + escape( "https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/" );
							loginURL.nextStep = 3;
							break;
						case 3:
							loginURL.location = urlObj.result.match( /href=\"([^\"]+)\"/ )[ 1 ];
							loginURL.nextStep = 4;
							break;
						case 4:
							status.data = "AUTHENTICATED";

I have left this on all day now... and when i got back to it, it said there was an error... something to do with JSON: line 28

Not sure what this meant... just had to reload it... but maybe (don't know if its possible) you could get it to reload itself if there is an error??

Ive had this same error twice (last night aswell)

I have left this on all day now... and when i got back to it, it said there was an error... something to do with JSON: line 28

Not sure what this meant... just had to reload it... but maybe (don't know if its possible) you could get it to reload itself if there is an error??

Ive had this same error twice (last night aswell)
I've had this happen on occasion as well... It's one of those smaller bugs I haven't gotten to fixing yet. Usually the error passes without stopping the Widget from continuing to poll the server for updates.

I've had this happen on occasion as well... It's one of those smaller bugs I haven't gotten to fixing yet. Usually the error passes without stopping the Widget from continuing to poll the server for updates.

Easily fixed?? Or a big job??

I would love to know javascript so i could help improve this widget!!

Amazing idea IMO!!

any chance any of you would like to add me as a friend? I run remote races at night while the kids are still up.

PSN: Kramer701

thanks in advance

Back