Removal of stockyard

• Thread starter MrSulu
  • 25 comments
England
Liverpool
MrSulu
This causes more problems than it solves (not that there was a problem to start with)

Having 900 cars now, It has become an ordeal of loading and saving screens every time I want to move a single car to or from it.

Also, the cars moved to stockyard no longer show as owned in the dealerships.

My garage was fine with 1300 cars on GT5, and they where all available at the click of a button.

This feature is nothing but an inconvenience for car collectors and totally unnecessary.

Although I agree that the stockyard is pretty worthless at the moment, your thread is likely to be removed for negative focus. Instead of removing the stockyard say how to improve it and become a useful resource, like being able to walk around and personalise your stockyard/garage and see your cars, or just that loading times improved.

Although I agree that the stockyard is pretty worthless at the moment, your thread is likely to be removed for negative focus. Instead of removing the stockyard say how to improve it and become a useful resource, like being able to walk around and personalise your stockyard/garage and see your cars, or just that loading times improved.

There is no way to improve it, all cars need to be in a unified garage, putting vehicles in the stockyard makes then innaccessable without jumping through hoops. Removal of it would improve the experience for many.

I wouldn't call it negative focus, since removing the feature would be a positive thing 👍

I've never used it, but i also didn't see anything wrong with GT5's garage length with over 1,000 cars.

Stockyard has to go. Just give us 2 garages, one for online & one for offline, problem solved.

The stockyard is there so that your garage loads very fast. What would be best is if we had no stockyard, but rather more folders to add cars into, like the favorites folder we have now. Add like 4 more folders similar to that, that we can name ourselves and then the stockyard would not be needed as much, which would allow and the garage to be all one like GT5.

The stockyard is there so that your garage loads very fast. What would be best is if we had no stockyard, but rather more folders to add cars into, like the favorites folder we have now. Add like 4 more folders similar to that, that we can name ourselves and then the stockyard would not be needed as much, which would allow and the garage to be all one like GT5.

I would rather my garage took 1 minute to load than spend 2 minutes loading, then saving the entire stockyard just to move a single car, that I no longer had access to because I had to put it in a stupid stockyard.

Yes I have wanted customisable garage folders for a long long time, it would be fantastic to be able to sort everything into categories of your own choosing. About 10 tabs would do nicely!

I don't mind the idea of having two separate garages, but the cars in the stockyard do have to show as "owned" in the dealerships.
Also, the loading times when entering/leaving the stockyard have to be shorter.

Otherwise it's useless.

I agree with your sentiment but I reworded it as a positive, added feature rather than a negative, complaint of an existing feature:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/playlist-style-folders-in-garage.300490/

Thanks. But for a negative feature like the stockyard, you have to focus on the negative to get the point across as concisely as possible. The stockyard has NO positives, therefore it has to go. Your suggestion is nothing to do with mine and would only work if mine was already implemented.

I'm not sure why people are so concerned with positive/negative approach In the case of the stockyard, it's complete removal would be a POSITIVE thing.

Stockyard Negatives:

1. 500 garage limit
2. Owned cars in stockyard do not show as owned in dealerships.
3. It makes your cars innaccessable, once put in there until you manually go in there and get them out, so If you want to use something in there online forget it.
4. Stockyard has to load and save every time you move a single car, defeating the entire object if it's there to save on garage loading times.
5. Accomplishing #4 with several hundred cars already in there is nothing short of a nightmare.

Stockyard Positives:

1.??????

I'd sooner just have the one garage, all my cars in one place, would make life easier. I like to collect cars and I feel this is a chore at present, having to move cars to the stockyard just so I can buy new ones.

Just hope this is either fixed with an update or that GT7 only has the one garage.

I agree. The way the current stockyard is set up is not very efficient nor user-friendly.

The simple fix for all of this would be to 1) Allow users to access the cars in their stockyard without having to take them out of the stockyard. 2) Change it so cars in the stockyard show as purchased in the dealerships.

However, if PDI does the above suggestions, then they might as well just get rid of the stockyard. So it essentially leads back to square one. Removal of the stockyard function.

I think the better solution would be to leave the stockyard, correct the issue where the cars do not show as owned when browsing the dealership. Increase the size of the garage to allow more cars in it so it would be possible to have say 1000-1500 cars in the garage while still having the option to move some to the stockyard.

I think the better solution would be to leave the stockyard, correct the issue where the cars do not show as owned when browsing the dealership. Increase the size of the garage to allow more cars in it so it would be possible to have say 1000-1500 cars in the garage while still having the option to move some to the stockyard.

So basically remove the stockyard, gotcha.

I use it for cars I wouldn't otherwise buy or cars that I would have sold in GT5 having brought them and found that I'm not sure what to do with them. I have then gone back and used loads of these cars. It's far from perfect and I agree with the majority of the comments, it's slow, it doesn't show the cars as owned in the dealership etc but it's a facility they've added and does have some uses, although limiting the main garage is a stupid move and maybe most people's biggest gripe.

I put replicas and tuned vehicles in my stockyard. For example: I reach the garage limit, then I have to put 100 cars in my stockyard. But for other side, in Dealership, the cars don't count as owned and I think that they should put the cars as owned when bought in garage and stockyard.
But I don't mind if I get the garages online and offline. The garages online will be usefull to show the people's cars, setups.... And I think that PD should put an feature which we can create folders of each category of cars on GT6, because without it, the cars will be confusing. And I would like to see the Car name editor.

I don't ever use the stockyard because of the crazy bugs and glitches, 500 car garage limit is fine for me, but why can't the garage limit be the same as 5? What was the reasoning for adding a stockyard in the first place?

PD could raise the garage car limit to 2000 cars like in GT5, or have multiple garages of 500 cars each, whatever is easier for them to code into the game.

5) Online Garage Restriction: Why are we forced to choose from only 500 cars when in an online lobby, with no option of choosing from our Stockyard cars? Why did you restrict the garage in GT6 to only 500 cars, was it because loading times for online players were very slow? Please, give us several different garages containing 500 cars each (that we can name), & let us have access to all of them online so we can choose which garage we want to open. That way, we'll have access to all our cars & loading times won't be affected. Or, lift the garage restrictions entirely, & then using something similar to the Car Search feature for the dealerships, let us decide what cars to load first. More Feedback For PD.

Source.

more want... only got six cars left and I am thinking VERY carefully about which to buy cos I refuse to use the stockyard.

A little late on this topic, but the stockyard concept doesn't bother me, just the slowness of loading. Still, 500 cars in the primary garage is plenty. The only things I'd like to see changed have been mentioned like cars not showing as purchased in the dealerships, but also when a car is brought into the main garage from the stockyard the "obtained date" is reset.

Back