Removed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marry_Me_GT
  • 128 comments
  • 12,488 views
I want that Civic! Looks like the Spoon Civic in GT4. Maybe we'll get body kits customization. Hope so!
 
Is it just me or are the cars on track different than the ones named in the menu in video 2? There's no mini there?

It only shows 8 out of the 16 cars.
 
Ok, well what about this?

View attachment 70457

You can see very sharp bends in the hood. The designed bends in the hood are not that sharp.

hmm I think you just confirmed the mesh deformation they were talking about earlier. Which GT5 is supposed to have. But I'd wait for a higher quality version to double confirm.
 
I want that Civic! Looks like the Spoon Civic in GT4. Maybe we'll get body kits customization. Hope so!
Jesus Christ don't you people read the interviews and big new's stories, Customization was confirmed, around a month ago..Through a interview with Kazunori.
 
Ok, I think I know what I have been seeing.

JR Rocha 3.jpg

The red circle encompasses the bend that I have been referring to. However when I started looking at it closely I noticed something. If you look at the blue line, this is the fender, and the green line is the hood. When I saw the black spot that the yellow arrow is pointing at, I realized that this was not a bend... :grumpy: Oh, well.
 
Jesus Christ don't you people read the interviews and big new's stories, Customization was confirmed, around a month ago..Through a interview with Kazunori.

HAHA agree, also last week interview in AUTO WEEK!
 
Can't u bend Carbon Fiber a little but once u let go it will go back to its original place? Unless the car's body panels are jamming it forcing it to bend a lil?
 
Good call! If we see carbon fiber bending in GT5 then we can throw 'realism' out the window.

I wonder if they will accurately simulate the damage of carbon fiber parts. Or just have the deformation be the same as all the other metal parts.
 
I wonder if this is the FINAL version for street car damage or not.. Also In the end I do not care if GT5 represents carbon fiber in its simulation, as long we get overall good looking damage I will be happy!
 
Can't u bend Carbon Fiber a little but once u let go it will go back to its original place? Unless the car's body panels are jamming it forcing it to bend a lil?

That is correct. I think Flex is the word you are looking for. Once it 'flexes' too far it shatters, but usually when there is enough pressure for it to do that, it just explodes.

Demonstrating damage is way easier on carbon fiber than metal, there is no damage! Kaz said there wont be damage to the extent of demolishing cars, so there is no need to model damage for carbon fiber.

I expect carbon parts to just dangle or get shifted, no dents or breaks.
 
Last edited:
Im not a fan of crash videos but here you can see how carbon fiber reacts:
 
Jesus Christ don't you people read the interviews and big new's stories, Customization was confirmed, around a month ago..Through a interview with Kazunori.

I am reading interviews and news stories, but I want to see the proof that it's in the game! So far all we've see is, Concepts by GT, and an HKS/Blitz tuner car.
 
my goodness this type of videos makes the waiting stages for gt5 launch hurts more huhuhu
 
Im not a fan of crash videos but here you can see how carbon fiber reacts:

So it doesn't bend, it just sort of snaps and breaks off at the joints?

I don't actually think we will see car body parts littering the track... Although we 'might' with certain race cars.
 
Here is a good example of how CF reacts. Note how the pieces around the busted parts are still perfect. Also, there are whole pieces of the body laying on the ground, along with slivers of CF everywhere...
pagani_20030211_001.jpg

edit- That is exactly what I would do to a Zonda :lol:
 
Here is a good example of how CF reacts. Note how the pieces around the busted parts are still perfect. Also, there are whole pieces of the body laying on the ground, along with slivers of CF everywhere...
View attachment 70460

edit- That is exactly what I would do to a Zonda :lol:

Good picture. Everything looks perfect, minus where the peices of CF are missing.
 
Im not a fan of crash videos but here you can see how carbon fiber reacts:
Look's like the race i had last night...
 
Im not a fan of crash videos but here you can see how carbon fiber reacts:


okay, i'll watch it... but just for educational purposes. :)
 
And its making similar pace with an ACR Viper, a Vette ZR1 and a heavily modified G27?

I mean the outside lol :)
Yea, I can see the bonnet clips but I dont think the bumpers or skirts are modified. Thats all I was saying.
 
Im not a fan of crash videos but here you can see how carbon fiber reacts:


"Not very hard"? We shall see Kazunori-san. We shall see.
 
I am reading interviews and news stories, but I want to see the proof that it's in the game! So far all we've see is, Concepts by GT, and an HKS/Blitz tuner car.

"Customizing" could mean anything. We can already "customize" cars in GT, mechanically speaking. Visual customization has yet to be confirmed.
 
Back