Renault GTP Clio Cup (PS4) (ALMOST FULL)Open 

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 74 comments
England
England
adstomko
Hi folks,

I decided it would be a good idea to get a series started and build a great Project Cars Community on our forums.
- All rules, regulations, times etc will be confirmed once there is a majority of votes.
- If you are interested in signing up for the Renault Clio Cup Championship, please post your PSN onto this thread.
- Other series' are likely to be formed (e.g. Touring cars, GT, DTM, Open-wheel etc).
- If you have any queries, please post them.
- I may hand over responsibility to set up championship to another person due to lack of time for organisation, or we can organise amongst ourselves.
- If you would like to see a different strategy, different tracks etc, please mention below.

Plan: (PENDING & UPDATING)
- Championship: Renault Clio Cup
- Number of Races: 20 (2 races per track)
- Time trial to determine which league you shall be placed in.
- Practice event before championship begins - at Brands Hatch
- Race information: First race = 15 laps, Second race = 20 laps + pitstop
- Race dates: Championship expected to begin in June or July, times will be organised in the forum
- Circuits:
Brands Hatch, Nürburgring GP, Brno, Donington Park, Imola, Hockenheim, Oulton Park, Monza, Oschersleben, Silverstone.
- Weather: dynamic
- I may separate the DS4 and steering wheel users depending on whether the game gives an advantage to one class.

Extra Information:
- As it is highly likely the number of players will exceed 16, a time trial which lasts 2 weeks will take place (the same way GT Academy is structured) to determine the fastest drivers. Therefore, the fastest 16 will compete in a championship together, with as many championships as possible. If the championship continues after the season is finished, the top 4 from the league below will replace the bottom 4 above.
- Dates of each event will be determined on the next coming weeks.
Also, your top 16 point-scoring races determine your position in the championship, resulting in the 4 lowest point-scoring races to be discounted. This gives drivers the opportunity to miss 2 race weekends if needed.
- Tuning likely to be restricted for equal racing, we will see what we can confirm as a group.

Happy clean racing, adstomko :)

(p) = pending --- (DS4) = Dualshock 4 --- State your nationality

1. adstomko (wheel)
2. GTPZ_Tuscani08
3. HammyMansell1980
4. sp00ky-w00ky-
5. pyschoazubi (p)
6. MrTans (p)
7. UkHardcore23
8. svenvangent968 (p) (DS4)
9. Allaloneatron (DS4)
10. Nemesis-Reaper
11. priestylfc
12. taste_the_pain42 (DS4)
13. dmclark190
14. StenchMontana (DS4) (USA)
15. SynGamer (CAN)
16. Drew_o (DS4)
17. Lanius1984 (DS4)
18. Chin2112 (wheel)
19. Boet90 (wheel)
20. Dinityfor6 (wheel)
21. Whaleboy (wheel)

DS4 List:
1. svenvangent968 (p) (DS4)
2. Allaloneatron (DS4)
3. taste_the_pain42 (DS4)
4. StenchMontana (DS4) (USA)
5. Drew_o (DS4)
6. Lanius1984 (DS4)
7. MrTans (p)
8. svenvangent

Wheel List:
1. adstomko
2. Chin2112
3. Dinityfor6
4. Boet90
5. Nemesis-Reaper
6. Whaleboy

Last edited:
Look forward to this championship good work, adstomko.

PSN : GTPZ_Tuscani08

English

Last edited:
I'm in!!! Add me HammyMansell1980

Send message confirming you're from GTPlanet! Cheers!

I would absolutely love to be involved in this!! I can do Sundays as long as it doesn't clash with the other series I'm hoping to race in. Saturdays would be great 💡

sp00ky-w00ky-

*edit* ENGLAND

Last edited:
oh jesus..so many great leagues over hear and so little time :( is it possible to drive now and then when there is an empty spot?

I would absolutely love to be involved in this!! I can do Sundays as long as it doesn't clash with the other series I'm hoping to race in. Saturdays would be great 💡

sp00ky-w00ky-

We'll see what other drivers say and I'll post a poll/edit the first post if they are any changes. Really, it's early days, this is just to get everyone's interest. I think we are capable of forming a great community for the game.

oh jesus..so many great leagues over hear and so little time :( is it possible to drive now and then when there is an empty spot?

Sure! I'll put you on the list but for now, I think it would be great just to get everyone together on the game. The championship is a long way off from the start. I'm busy up until the beginning of June.

I may add a few more rounds so there are more tracks to race on, I'll just see what the community wants to do.

Look forward to this championship good work, adstomko.

PSN : GTPZ_Tuscani08

Cheers! Hoping for a touring car series to come too

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be interested in this, all depends on the times though.

EDIT: English, no wheel

Last edited:
This would be of interest to me too, please add Nemesis-Reaper to the list, and I'll keep watching, contributing as time goes on

👍

UK. Wheel User

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I am a wheel man... ;)

Ta da...
20150429_210904.jpg

:D:tup:

I am definitely interested, but I am concerned about time zone differences. Any idea of when/what time? I prefer weekends as well.
PSN: taste_the_pain42 (DS4)
Australia - AEST.

Last edited:
Psn- dmclark190. Highly interested
America, New York time

My only concern would be the dropping of the 4 lowest races; does this mean there will be no posted standings until the end pf the season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, I am a wheel man... ;)

Ta da...
View attachment 356562

:D:tup:

Almost the same setup as myself!

I am definitely interested, but I am concerned about time zone differences. Any idea of when/what time? I prefer weekends as well.
PSN: taste_the_pain42 (DS4)

There's no conformation yet I'm afraid, we'll see what happens in the next coming weeks and we can try to make it available to as many drivers as possible.

My only concern would be the dropping of the 4 lowest races; does this mean there will be no posted standings until the end pf the season?

Good question. Only the race results (without the dropped points) will likely be produced after each race, then I suppose each driver could calculate the results for each opponent to see where they lie at a stage in the championship (if that makes sense).

Well then, sign me up. I use a Thrustmaster wheel, and I am very expierenced in online leagues, having competed in numerous GT6 Championships. I am also familiar with the Good Racecraft guide.

I'd be very interested depending on which day it happens. PSN - Whaleboy
Nationality - UK
Cheers.

Last edited:
PSN: SynGamer (DS4), Canada - EST

If this gets enough people, perhaps split it for North America and Europe? Is there any word on how well pCARS handles network code for people in different countries?

Count me in!

PSN = StenchMontana | DS4

USA | MTN

PSN: SynGamer (DS4), Canada - EST

If this gets enough people, perhaps split it for North America and Europe? Is there any word on how well pCARS handles network code for people in different countries?

That's a good idea, I didn't think of that.

I will ask all of the applicants to list their nationality

Back