Renault's F1 Car That Your Grandma Could Drive

Great publicity stunt!

10 cars were disqualified from the Monte that year including Rosemary's Hillman Imp and the leading four cars for having single filament headlamp bulbs instead of double filament bulbs - (surprise, surprise) gifting the win to a French car!

Not that it changes the great story but that definitely isn't this year's Renault - it looks (and sounds) like the 2012 Lotus.
As you mention it, I was curious about that originally (I don't actually know what this year's car, or last year's, or any year's is called, so it's not my invention), but didn't follow up on my curiousity. I'll have a hunt now.

Edit: Ha, the press release now reads "a Renault Sport Formula One™ Team car" :lol:

Amazing piece there, really enjoyed it 👍

@Famine
Not that it changes the great story but that definitely isn't this year's Renault - it looks (and sounds) like the 2012 Lotus.

As you mention it, I was curious about that originally (I don't actually know what this year's car, or last year's, or any year's is called, so it's not my invention), but didn't follow up on my curiousity. I'll have a hunt now.

The air intake tells me it is a reskinned 2013 Lotus E21. I remember it mostly for that, which unfortunately reminded me of a old, really gross internet meme :ill:

Actually I thought you were referring to his talent running out when driving the Rimac.

Nope, talking about how he loved agitating engineers, by stalling and spinning out at and making them question why their boss allowed top gear to use their multi million dollar Renault F1 horribly.

Nope, talking about how he loved agitating engineers, by stalling and spinning out at and making them question why their boss allowed top gear to use their multi million dollar Renault F1 horribly.

Well, I don't know if I would call the guy that laughed at him stalling the Formula Renault "agitated" :lol: Humored definitely.

I don't like it when they call all old women grandma's on internet articles and such. This is Rosemary Smith, a legend!

I don't like it when they call all old women grandma's on internet articles and such.
Good job we didn't then. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate being called an 'old woman' either - which is why we also didn't do that.

Back