Rennsport - New eSports Focused Sim

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 104 comments
I am so looking forward to the NFT's so I can pay more for them than the actual real car but be the only person to have it! Checkmate!
You probably won't even be the only person to have it, but you'd have the only one on The Blockchain. Probably complete with a Bored Ape livery.

The couple of people who are saying they're looking forward to NFTs missed that the Rennsport dev said it was "Not a f@#$ing NFT game" in the article.

Hoping that the guy keeps to his word and that this digital ownership thing isn't some NFT nonsense. That'd turn me off at ludicrous speed.

Whether it's using the same NFT technology is the least important thing.
If the cars are non-fungible like NFTs, can be traded like NFTs, and probably will be traded by pure investors like NFTs, then it probably is an NFT game.

If the sim racing aspect is really good when it comes out, we can of course ignore the "NFT" aspect of it and just play the game.

Last edited:
Whether it's using the same NFT technology is the least important thing.
If the cars are non-fungible like NFTs, can be traded like NFTs, and probably will be traded by pure investors like NFTs, then it probably is an NFT game.
Not really. Non-fungible digital items have been around for ages, all it takes is to make each item it's own line in your database and away you go. The real problem with NFTs is the blockchain, and arguably the only reason that they sell like they do is because they're on the blockchain and stupid people don't know what that means other than people with Bitcoin made a lot of money very quickly.

There's nothing inherently wrong with in-game trading. There's potential problems when you start getting real money involved, but they're not insurmountable. If the devs think that NFTs can **** off and die in a fire, that's probably a good sign that they're at least aware of some of those issues and will work to minimise them.

It’s imperative that any PC sim has some sort of multiplayer system similar to iRacing/ GT7. As fun as ACC is, the multiplayer system kills a lot of the fun.

So its a new team of less than 50 people, they're doing everything inhouse and they have hired some experienced help for certain jobs (lead programmer was mentioned as coming from another sim), did I get that right?

Any mention of previous racing experience for the company or team as a whole? Because if not that all sounds like it will take a good long while to get this into a truly competitive state: assemble the full team, work the design, twist Unreal into shape for a racing game, iron out the physics, netcode and so on, get all the usual hardware supported well. I'm leaving out content creation since cars and tracks seem comparably straightforward to do and they should be able to outsource plenty of it.

Still, are we looking at several years to get this done right so a player base actually sticks around and doesn't just dip in and then buggers off to the more established games? If so a bit early to start the hype. NFTs might well be over by then. :P

Last edited:
Clearly it’s about starting the hype train. And it’s also very clear competition is strong in the gt3 sim racing segment. Good luck to these new devs.

What exactly is this game's point of difference compared to ACC? Why should I buy it, let alone play it, over a well established and extremely compelling package?

What exactly is this game's point of difference compared to ACC? Why should I buy it, let alone play it, over a well established and extremely compelling package?
I suspect it's going to be that it's not limited by license to SRO race series, so will be able to include content that ACC will never be able to have as a result. We've already seen that in the inclusion of the Mission R and Goodwood.

In all fairness (and while I'm still wary) they have managed in a few months to show more than the GTR3 team did in over a decade.

Back