RennSport Wheel Stand

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 83 comments
I just ordered one with the G25 shifter adapter! I suppose I'll figure out something to attach the pedals if I find it's necessary. I'll keep an eye out for the "pedal stopper" too.

Thanks again for all your help Fanatec. This cleared up a lot of questions. You should really post some pictures of the shifter adapters on your site.

I'll do a detailed review when it comes in!

Hello Hastyp

Thanks for the great review.

Some things I noticed:

• The wrench which comes with the stand is just a backup solution. it is more convinient if you have a bigger one at home. Set it up once and tighten it well so it won't bother you anymore.
  • The main post seems to shake a little which should not occur if the Allen screws are tighten well. You can use some force there.
  • It should not distrurb if the cables under the G25 are hidden. You dont need them after installation.
  • If the pedals are moving we will offer a "pedal stopper" soon. G25 and PW pedals will work fine but lighter pedals might require the stopper if you have smaller legs and move the pedals closer to you.

The shifter adapters have been produced now and we ship them by air so I hope they will arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Fanatec:

Yes I will be doing another review when the shifter adapter arrives.
Just to comment on a couple of your points about the video:

[*]The wrench which comes with the stand is just a backup solution. it is more convinient if you have a bigger one at home. Set it up once and tighten it well so it won't bother you anymore.

Yes, but the criticism here is twofold. #1 The manual isn't accurate. It says to use allen key in that spot, but the bolts are not hollowed out for an allen key. Personally I did use a bigger wrench. The small one was pretty useless. Other people might not have a bigger wrench when they set it up. #2 Adjusting the angle of the wheel is not a quick thing, like adjusting the height of the stand, or folding the stand up (there are knobs for that) since you have to dig out a wrench. Now, I'm happy with angle I have it set to right now, so I don't plan on adjusting it. It just might be a problem for some people (ie) people who are sharing the stand with other users. It's a minor thing. I only mentioned it because there is so little else to criticize :)

[*]The main post seems to shake a little which should not occur if the Allen screws are tighten well. You can use some force there.

Yes, in that one shot the bottom knob was a little loose, I have it fully tightened now and the main post is FIRM. This thing is solid. I'll be sure to reflect that more fully in my next review. This was a first effort!

[*]It should not distrurb if the cables under the G25 are hidden. You dont need them after installation.

Well, I have to disagree here. I installed it first without the G25 shifter (since I don't have the adapter yet) then realized some games (notably, GT5:P) require the shifter. So I had to take the wheel off and plug it in. That's why at the end of the video you see the G25 shifter mounted on a textbook. Haha. Anyway it wasn't too hard to get it off. Just two screws attaching the wheel to the plate that mounts on the main post. You're right though, for most people this will be a non issue.
I don't plan on mentioning it in my follow-up review.

[*]If the pedals are moving we will offer a "pedal stopper" soon. G25 and PW pedals will work fine but lighter pedals might require the stopper if you have smaller legs and move the pedals closer to you.
[/LIST]

That's a good idea. And you're right, I probably won't need it. The G25's pedals are rubberized on the bottom so it's on there pretty good. It still slides a bit and backs up against the oval shaped rubber stoppers. By the end of a session I notice the stoppers have started to come off.

The shifter adapters have been produced now and we ship them by air so I hope they will arrive within the next 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
I'll be sure to update my review when mine arrives.[/I]

Can't wait. You saw my "textbook mount" for the G25 shifter at the end of the video. Pretty ghetto. Haha. Anyway, thanks for a great product. It really is the perfect fit for my home. I stress that none of my criticisms or nitpicks should deter people from picking this up. It is a really well-made, well designed piece of kit and I recommend it for any driver with a compatible wheel. Really can't stress the build quality enough - you guys did a hell of a job.

bit expensive for me
can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative please?
i just got a logitech driving force EX wheel and im struggling for stuff to put it on
cheers
aldo

I will be doing another review when the shifter adapter arrives.

Beatiful video, hastyp, and good review. But I think if in the next video you show the stand playing, some people could prefer it than the mounting :)

Do you own a 911 Wheel?. You could also show it playing in the next video.

I´m impatient waiting to see my desired shifter holder...

Thanks for all.

Regards.

Thanks Hastyp! I saw your YouTube the day after mine arrived and it was right on the money. Same observations and all; deja-vu! I left my G25 shifter wired-up, but clamped the thing sideways on the main post until the shifter adapter arrives. Ghetto, but functional.
One MAJOR problem I have with mine is that the main vertical "T" post (the one with the holes in it) has the holes drilled slightly OUT OF LINE with the T at the top. What this amounts to is that if I screw the vertical into one of the pre-defined holes, the wheel-mount platform is out of alignment with the rest of the rig (as you look down on it, it's crooked). I can work around this by tightening the tension screw "between holes" so the wheel sits straight, but this manufacturing flaw is diappointing on an otherwise well-designed product. Once you find a setup that works, though, this thing is remarkably stable compared to the small utility table I used to clamp my wheel to. This isn't a stand that's meant to be swapped among friends. You set it up, lock it down, and it's stable and portable. Married to your wheel. My pedals slipped more with this than they normally do on carpet, but I'll be keeping my eye open for the "pedal stopper".
I've got my criticisms, but overall I'm impressed with the stability and quality of materials. I'll reserve final verdicts until after the G25 shifter adapter arrives. I'm eager to see the "final setup" after all this is said and done.

-Therm0s

thanks for the review~! I'm thinking of picking one up. I own a Playseat but this would be perfect because it's more portable, easy to put in my car when i want to bring it to a friends house

Thanks all. I'll post a link when I do my follow up review with the shifter attachment. G. de Fronsac, you're right I'll put some gameplay in next time to show the rigidity of the stand and how much the pedals move around when playing. This one is sort of meant to showcase the components and give people an idea of how it all snaps together. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

This is mainly for Hastyp, Therm0s and anyone else who has just recently bought one of these stands. I'm looking at getting one of these or the similar 'Wheelstand Pro'.

Was there a reason why you went for this Rennsport over the Wheestand Pro? they look to do the same and with the G25 adaptor, will suit my needs very nicely.

Has anyone with a Wheelstand Pro had any issues that would prevent them recommending it? I'm trying to get impartial advice on to which one I should order.

Many thanks,

It says on their site that the pedal stopper won't ship until mid-March. I'm still waiting for my shifter adapter too.

I am NOT impressed AT ALL with the way Fanatec has rolled out this product. They listed it for sale "shipping in October 2008". I ordered one. The date then got pushed back to November, then when the end of Novermber rolled around, they pushed it back again to the end of December. I cancelled my order. Once I heard they were actually in stock, I re-ordered immediately and got the stand very quickly, but no adapter. Nobodys even SEEN the G25 shifter adapter yet so I have no idea what to expect. Fanatec Germany assures us they air-shipped 2 weeks ago, but nada yet. There still isn't a pic on their site and they've got a pic for a product that isn't even going to come OUT for another 2 months? They must have some MAJOR manufacturing bottlenecks. I hope they get it straightened out soon. I like the stand a lot, but not being able to use the shifter/buttons is getting old. I'll let you know as soon as mine comes in. Eagerly awaiting.

That's good news. The pedal stopper looks like a pretty good design. I find my pedals do slide around a bit more than I would like, so I might order it down the road. Or...I might just make something on my own.

It is easy to do it yourself if you have some DIY skills. Just buy 2 screws and 2 metal bars and drill some holes.

I have my shifter adapter and the G25 wheel but no instructions came with the adapter and I cannot figure out how to attach it. I can't find any pictures of the G25 wheel with the shifter adapter either that might help figuring this out a little easier. Anyone who has this who may have some insight would be greatly appreciated. Previous requests to their support email address has not yielded great results.

Seems it somehow connected through the bottom... watch the video and maybe you'll get an idea on how to.

I just connected mine and it's a nice, sturdy piece of metal. For the G25, the thin "arm" of the adapter goes beneath the main mounting plate. The bolts go through the holes in the adapter, through the platform, and into the mounting holes on the wheel body itself. These two bolts seem to be more than sufficient to hold the thing in place and lock both the wheel and the adapter securely. The shifter itself then mounts directly onto the adapter plate. The extra bars and "bean-shaped thingie" are only for use with Fanatec shifters. You can ignore them if you're using the G25.
This is a very solid product. I have a Driving Force Pro and a G25. I've tried them both with the stand and it's really amazingly steady. You can chuck the wheel around with wild abandon and not worry about it coming off in your hands.
I didn't order the pedal stopper. I just used a couple of small rubberized spring-clamps on the legs ($0.50 ea. at the hardware store) and they're more than sufficient for keeping the pedals from sliding. Zip ties also work pretty well. The pedals are mostly stable, but all they need is that little bit of extra resistance to be rock-solid.
It's been a long 5 months waiting for this, but I can't say I'm upset with the quality. If you love your racing games, this stand beats any plastic task table or TV tray.

Hmm considering this until I can get a Real Cockpit. Hey FANATEC is there somewhere in new york that I can pick up this wheel stand ?

Last edited:
From the video it looks pretty sturdy, but the guy is driving with only 180 or 360 degree lock. So Not much force is needed. I think it's better to buy a cockpit that comes with a chair and made sturdy for true Sims.
But I like the design that you can fold it up and hide it if some guests come over :)
So it's good for casual gamers.

From the video it looks pretty sturdy, but the guy is driving with only 180 or 360 degree lock. So Not much force is needed. I think it's better to buy a cockpit that comes with a chair and made sturdy for true Sims.
But I like the design that you can fold it up and hide it if some guests come over :)
So it's good for casual gamers.

Right that why i wanted to see the really how sturdy this thing is before flying it from Germany.

They have a US distribution hub on the west coast of the US. Shipping is only $10 for the whole rig (to WI and presumably to NY as well).

I haven't taken any video yet, but this thing is solid and substantial. I've done some of the dirt courses in GT4 and drifted a bit in GT5P. There is a tiny bit of play in the main joint - less than 1" front to back, but it still kicks the pants off of any "task table" I've tried in terms of general "chuckability". Having my G25 actually bolted to the thing allows you to let the wheel really spin and turn-in as hard as you like without worrying about the thing coming off in your hands or the table tipping over. I'll try to take a clip this weekend (if nobody beats me to it).

They have a US distribution hub on the west coast of the US. Shipping is only $10 for the whole rig (to WI and presumably to NY as well).

I haven't taken any video yet, but this thing is solid and substantial. I've done some of the dirt courses in GT4 and drifted a bit in GT5P. There is a tiny bit of play in the main joint - less than 1" front to back, but it still kicks the pants off of any "task table" I've tried in terms of general "chuckability". Having my G25 actually bolted to the thing allows you to let the wheel really spin and turn-in as hard as you like without worrying about the thing coming off in your hands or the table tipping over. I'll try to take a clip this weekend (if nobody beats me to it).

Ohhh okay i thought everything comes from Germany, Thanks I would appreciate the video if you could. I'm Just really pressed for space and I think this would be the ultimate solution for me. I just need to see how sturdy is it.......

Back