Status
Not open for further replies.

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
RT Racing Presents the second season of the Time Trial World Tour Competition, or, as it is colloquially known as - WTC 2.

The first season of the World Tour Competition was, well, competitive and exciting for me to say the least and was a great way to feel out my own tune settings. With the new and improved 2010 season the WTC has improved and is aiming for more of a serious look whilst still being opened to any and every player of NFS Shift to take a car around a track as fast as they possibly can. The first season was a bit of a free-for-all and there weren't any real rulings implied until the fifth and final round came about, and those rules were a precursor to where you are now. So, the WTC 2 will be entirely different but with the same aspect of being a time attack competition.

So, here are the rules, regulations, and the new points system for the WTC 2.

Points System

1st Place - 18 Points
2nd Place - 14 Points
3rd Place - 10 Points
4th Place - 9 Points
5th Place - 8 Points
6th Place - 7 Points
7th Place - 5 Points
8th Place - 3 Points
9th Place - 2 Points
10th Place - 1 Point

Rules and Regulations

1. Any event held under this competition is entirely subjective to the circumstances provided. The events will range from restricted to open base rules.
2. The use of any vehicle specified within the competition parameters will be used without any disagreement hereafter.
3. Any vehicle issued within a specific round will be tuned to the parameters of the track selected by the provider of the event itself. Private tunes are NOT allowed unless noted otherwise.
4. If any participant in the event is suspected of, or has been proven to exhibit the propensity to cheat in any round of this tournament he or she will be disqualified immediately from the rest of the remaining competition, and any points earned will be distributed to the contender next in place.
5. All assisted driving aids must be turned OFF, however, the use of the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) can be used at the discretion of the driver.
6. Damage effects must be set to Full, and the handling model must be set to Professional.
7. You must stay within the confines of the respective track, if more than two wheels touch any surface other than the track itself your lap time is invalidated and will not count.
8. You may not discuss your lap times until a final time is posted, you can however discuss your split times.
9. Final lap times must be PM'd to me first before the deadline, and please, only one entry per person. Times will then be posted here after the deadline has been met.
10. Practice sessions are allowed unless noted otherwise, however, you must practice beforehand. Practice sessions will not be allowed on the day the event is scheduled to take place.
11. The winner of each session will have the option of specifying one of the following for the next race: Location, Tune (whether to be stock, privatized, or locally provided by myself), Vehicle, Tier, Rating, or, Manufacturer.
12. Make-up events will be allowed unless noted otherwise. In the event such is to take place, every participating member will be required to attend the make-up event. However, additional points will not be rewarded to those who have already participated in the originally scheduled event.
13. If you overshoot a corner and end up in an area other than the immediate track itself, you must drive back onto track.
14. If you overshoot a corner by means of oversteer which results in the reverse orientation of the car, you are allowed to reset your vehicle.
15. New participants will not be allowed to enter after the third round has occurred.

- Most importantly, above all else let's keep this honest. I'll never ask you to take a picture of your television set, or to record your session (the option is there if you wish to utilize it, but it is in no way imperative to the event) to prove your lap time is what you say it is - just be honest.

Current Participants

Terronium-12
freshseth83
OZR-MrB52
NITROVIOUS
Rickyracer

Scoreboard - As of Round 1

1st: darkos +18 Points
2nd: NITROVIOUS +14 Points
3rd: Terronium-12 +10 Points
4th: OZR-MrB52 +9 Points
5th: MannyMoenjack +8 Points
6th: thefast1 +7 Points
7th: DGiant2000 - DNP (Did Not Participate)
8th: LeftyWright69 - DNP (Did Not Participate)

Scoreboard - As of Round 2

1st: darkos +18 Points
2nd: NITROVIOUS +14 Points
3rd: MannyMoenjack +10 Points
4th: Terronium-12 +9 Points
5th: OZR-MrB52 +8 Points
6th: thefast1 - DNP
7th: DGiant2000 - DNP
8th: LeftyWright69 - DNP

Scoreboard - As of Round 3

1st: NITROVIOUS - 1:24.346 +18 Points
2nd: OZR-MrB52 - 1:24.677 +14 Points
3rd: darkos - 1:24.991 +10 Points
4th: Mannymoenjack - 1:26.092 +9 Points
5th: Terronium-12 - DNP
6th: thefast1 - DNP
7th: DGiant2000 - DNP
8th: LeftyWright69 - DNP
9th: R.W. - DNP

Scoreboard - As of Round 4

1st: R.W. - 2:01.441 +18 Points
2nd: darkos - 2:01.516 +14 Points
3rd: NITROVIOUS - 2:02.168 +10 Points
4th: MannyMoenjack - 2:02.888 +9 Points
5th: OZR-MrB52 - 2:03.022 +8 Points
6th: Terronium-12 - 2:04.273 +7 Points
7th: thefast1 - DNP
8th: DGiant2000 - DNP
9th: LeftyWright69 - DNP

Scoreboard - As of Round 5

1st: Terronium-12 - 1:17.776 +18 Points
2nd: NITROVIOUS - 1:18.375 +14 Points
3rd: RickyRacer - 1:19.795 +10 Points
4th: OZR-MrB52 - 1:20.623 +9 Points
5th: darkos - DNP
6th MannyMoenjack - DNP

Scoreboard - As of Round 6

1st: darkos - 1:06.462 +18 Points
2nd: OZR-MrB52 - 1:06.527 +14 Points
3rd: Terronium-12 - 1:06.960 +10 Points
4th: NITROVIOUS - 1:07.883 +9 Points
5th: RickyRacer - DNP
6th: MannyMoenjack - DNP

Scoreboard - As of Round 7

1st: NITROVIOUS - 1:48.107 +18 Points
2nd: darkos - 1:51.344 +14 Points
3rd: OZR-MrB52 - 1:51.872 +10 Points
4th: Terronium-12 - 1:54.218 +9 Points
5th: RickyRacer - DNP
6th: MannyMoenjack - DNP (Retired?)

Scoreboard - As of Round 8

1st: darkos - 1:43.621 +18 Points
2nd: NITROVIOUS - 1:45.369 +14 Points
3rd: freshseth83 - 1:47.250 +10 Points
4th: OZR-MrB52 - 1:47.780 +9 Points
5th: Terronium-12 - 1:53.680 +8 Points
6th: Rickyracer - DNP

Scoreboard - As of Round 9

1st: RickyRacer - 1:40.127 +18 Points
2nd: Terronium-12 - 1:40.131 +14 Points
3rd: NITROVIOUS - 1:40.877 +10 Points
4th: OZR-MrB52 - 1:42.005 +9 Points
5th: Freshseth83 - 1:45.104 + 8 Points

Scoreboard Total

1st: NITROVIOUS - 121 Points
2nd: darkos - 110 Points
3rd: OZR-MrB52 - 90 Points
4th: Terronium-12 - 85 Points
5th: RickyRacer - 46 Points
6th: MannyMoenjack - 36 Points
7th: freshseth83 - 18 Points

First Round - Begins Tuesday, March 16th

Welcome to the opening bout of the WTC 2, a new season with new environments and soon to be new vehicles as well. The opening round is going to be a challenge for everyone, myself included. This rounds places us at London River, but a variation of which the WTC has never seen the likes of - welcome to The Royal Mile.

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition only.
2. The following tune is to be used: London Royale
3. This tune is NOT to be modified in any way, shape, or form.

Round 1 begins 11:59 PM March 15th, and will end 12:01 AM March 18th.
Practice sessions for Round 1 have now ended.

- Round 1 status: Round 1 has now ended
- Round 1 results: Results

Second Round - Begins Thursday, March 18th

Round two of the WTC 2 brings us to Monterey, California. That's right ladies and gentlemen - Laguna Seca.

Originally constructed in 1957 at the cost of $1.5 million USD, Laguna Seca is home to a variety of sporting and even cultural events. Known for the infamous "Corkscrew" at turn 8 and 8A is considered one of the most challenging corners in motorsports due to it being a rather blind corner, and the drop in elevation. The track's main corporate sponsor is Mazda, and as such the track is officially referred to as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Round two is going to give you a taste of what it's like to be in the American Le Mans Series.

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the 2009 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (997) only.
2. Tuning options are restricted to factory settings only.
3. There are no formal practice sessions this round.

Round 2 begins 11:59 PM March 18th, and will end 12:01 AM March 22nd

- Round 2 status: Round 2 has now ended
- Round 2 results: Results

Third Round - Begins Tuesday, March 30th

Round three of the WTC 2 brings us to both Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire, England all at the same time. Welcome to the Silverstone International Circuit

Silverstone was built on the site of a World War II bomber base, RAF Silverstone, which opened in 1943. Silverstone saw it's first use as a motorsport track in 1947 by a group of friends, the race itself was an impromptu one; Silverstone has a wealth of history and is now considered the "Home of British Motor Racing."

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the 2008 Nissan 370Z (Z34) only.
2. Upgrades are restricted to the following: Stage 2 (All, except Drivetrain), Stage 3 (Turbo, Brakes, and Tires), Aerodynamics (Body Kit 3, and Weight Reduction 2), Race Parts (Brake Master Cylinder).
3. Tuning is allowed where permitted only.
4. There are no formal practice sessions this round.

Round 3 begins 3:59 PM March 30th; see Post #102 for the updated deadline.

- Round 3 status: Round 3 has now ended
- Round 3 results: Results

Fourth Round - Begins Friday, April 2nd

Round four of the WTC 2 brings us to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. A place that has been the host of many races since the 1955, and currently hosts well over 400 events a year. Welcome to Road America

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the 2011 McLaren MP4-12C only.
2. The following tune is to be used: MP4-12C
3. This tune is NOT to be modified in any way, shape, or form.

Round 4 begins 11:59 PM April 2nd for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 12:01 AM April 4th under the same circumstances.

- Round 4 status: Round 4 has now ended
- Round 4 results: Results

Fifth Round - Begins Wednesday, April 7th

Round five of the WTC 2 brings us back to London, England; the home to the official RT test track. A track that has seen several dozen cars for hours on end through vigorous tuning and top speed regimens - welcome to London River.

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the 1980 BMW M1 Procar only.
2. The following tune is to be used: M1.
3. Tuning is allowed ONLY on the following: Tires and Brakes, Differential, and Aerodynamics. All individual settings under the specified parameters can be tuned to one's own content, the rest of the tune must remain as is.

Round 5 begins 10:59 PM April 7th for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 7:30 PM April 9th under the same circumstances.

- Round 5 status: Round 5 has now ended
- Round 5 results: Results

Sixth Round - Begins Friday, April 9th

Round six of the WTC 2 brings us to yet another new track and location, we venture to South Western Europe, a place some of you may know as it is one of the most looked forward to destinations in Formula One. Welcome to Monaco, more specifically, welcome to Port Bucle.

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 only.
2. This vehicle is restricted to factory settings only.
3. Tuning is allowed where permitted only.

- Round 6 status: Round 6 has now ended
- Round 6 results: Results

Round 6 begins 7:59 PM April 9th for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 12:01 AM April 12th under the same circumstances.

Seventh Round - Begins Tuesday, April 20th

Round seven of the WTC 2 is a convenient one, we remain in South Western Europe to participate in the Monte Grande GP, however, you are at a disadvantage as you will be going up against the Ferrari F430 GTC - can you be beat the Prancing Horse around Monaco?

1. This competition is open to use of any Tier 3 or Tier 4 vehicle.
2. Tuning is allowed where permitted.
3. Xbox 360 users cannot use any vehicle from the Ferrari Pack.
4. The rating is restricted to a maximum of 16.00.
5. Your target time to beat is 1:54.218.
6. There are no formal practice sessions this round.

- Round 7 status: Round 7 has now ended
- Round 7 results: Results

Round 7 begins 11:59PM April 20th for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 12:01 PM April 24th under the same circumstances.

Eighth Round - Begins Tuesday, April 27th

Round eight of the WTC 2 moves away from the familiar South Western European territories and into Japan, more specifically the Oita Prefecture, home to the Autopolis circuit. A track with a construction budget of $500 million, that's been opened since 1990 and hosts a multitude of domestic and international racing events yearly. Welcome to the Autopolis GP of Speed where the McLaren F1 and the Bugatti Veyron run wheel to wheel - can you beat the 252-mph raging stampede?

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the McLaren F1 only.
3. Your target time to beat is 1:53.680.

Round 8 begins 11:59 PM April 27th for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 12:01 AM April 29th under the same circumstances.

- Round 8 status: Round 8 has now ended
- Round 8 results: Results

Ninth Round - Begins Saturday, May 8th

Round nine of the WTC 2 brings us back to a familiar location, and that location is London, England. England bares the home to the Silverstone Circuit, this time we'll be running laps around the 3.17 mi. GP circuit, which has seen Formula 1 racing activity since 1950, and has become a permanent staple in the Championship series since 1987. We'll be taking the newly commissioned Gumpert Apollo Sport around the track to see who can put all of that downforce to the best of use.

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the 2010 Gumpert Apollo S only.
3. There are no formal practice sessions this round.

Round 9 begins 11:00 PM May 8th for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 11:30 PM May 16th under the same circumstances.

- Round 9 status: Round 9 has now ended
- Round 9 results: Results

Tenth Round - Begins Sunday, May 23rd

Round ten of the WTC 2 will see change to the current racing format, round ten will be the first of three head-to-head combination rounds that will place all participants in two entirely different vehicles with the victor being that with the lowest combined time altogether; the first round pits the Lancer Evolution X against the Impreza WRX STi on Ambush Canyon.

Who will survive?

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, and the Subaru Impreza WRX STi only.
2. Both vehicles are restricted to works conversions.
3. Tuning is allowed where permitted.

Round 10 begins 11:00 PM May 23rd for all contenders according to their native time zones, and will end 11:30 PM May 30th under the same circumstances.

- Round 10 status: Awaiting green light.
- Round 10 results: TBD

RT Racing - Race to win. Speed to exceed.

Last edited:
I'm in!👍
I can't wait to get started! :D

And first to sign up! Do I get an autograph or a lollipop or something?:lol:

In! You bitches are mine! Well maybe sometimes, O.K. I'll be happy if I even podium :scared:

Last edited:
OK, I'm getting there with the G25 so this will be a good forum for me to improve, count me in 👍

The first season of the World Tour Competition was, well, competitive and exciting for me to say the least and was a great way to feel out my own tune settings. With the new and improved 2010 season the WTC has improved and is aiming for more of a serious look whilst still being opened to any and every player of NFS Shift to take a car around a track as fast as they possibly can. The first season was a bit of a free-for-all and there weren't any real rulings implied until the fifth and final round came about, and those rules were a precursor to where you are now. So, the WTC 2 will be entirely different but with the same aspect of being a time attack competition. The event itself is to begin in the second week of February (sooner if I can't think of anything else to add before finishing up the final roundabouts).

So, here are the rules, regulations and the new points system for the WTC 2 which will be added to during these next two weeks.

Points System

1st Place - 22 Points
2nd Place - 17 Points
3rd Place - 14 Points
4th Place - 10 Points
5th Place - 9 Points
6th Place - 6 Points
7th Place - 4 Points
8th Place - 2 Points
9th Place - 1 Point
10th Place - 0 Points

Rules and Regulations

1. Any event held under this competition is entirely subjective to the circumstances provided. The events will range from restricted to open base rules.
2. The use of any vehicle specified within the competition parameters will be used without any disagreement hereafter.
3. Any vehicle issued within a specific round will be tuned to the parameters of the track selected by the provider of the event itself. Private tunes are NOT allowed unless noted otherwise.
4. If any participant in the event is suspected of, or has been proven to exhibit the propensity to cheat in any round of this tournament he or she will be disqualified immediately from the rest of the remaining competition, and any points earned will be distributed to the contender next in place.
5. All assisted driving aids must be turned OFF, however, the use of the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) can be used at the discretion of the driver.
6. Damge effects must be set to Full, and the handling model must be set to Professional.
7. You must stay within the confines of the respective track, if more than two wheels touch any surface other than the track itself your lap time is invalidated and will not count.
8. You may not discuss your lap times until a final time is posted, you can however discuss your split times.
9. Track testing is allowed under the circumstances provided.

If you're interested sign up now, and I'll need 10 participants at the very least to keep this interesting. Once I pick up the game for the PS3 the WTC 2 (or WTC 3) will evolve into an actual points-based racing competition, where first place is the only place.

You should set up a drifting competition as well. i'd be more than happy to compete in that! lol

I'll save us all the trouble of doing that and crown you the winner right now. :lol:

So, if you haven't been to the RT thread recently, I won't be able to take requests for tunes anymore as my 360 (the fourth and final goddamn one) decided it was time to pass on this past Sunday, and my computer went right alongside it (actually both my hard drives died - yeah it was a fcvked up day) and I'm actually on the PS3 right now...although that latter is far from being important. In any case, rule 3 is now null and void. If you guys wish to carry on the WTC 2, be my guest, you can even change a few things if you want. I'll still be around, just not as often. At least not until I pick up some new hard drives.

I'm always on PSN though, so, if you want drop me a note sometime. 👍

So, if you haven't been to the RT thread recently, I won't be able to take requests for tunes anymore as my 360 (the fourth and final goddamn one) decided it was time to pass on this past Sunday, and my computer went right alongside it (actually both my hard drives died - yeah it was a fcvked up day) and I'm actually on the PS3 right now...although that latter is far from being important. In any case, rule 3 is now null and void. If you guys wish to carry on the WTC 2, be my guest, you can even change a few things if you want. I'll still be around, just not as often. At least not until I pick up some new hard drives.

Well, I guess saying "that sucks" would be belaboring the obvious. I mean, who'd have thought the PS3 was your most stable and reliable electronic device! :crazy:
Well I see you on PSN pretty often so I'll be sure to bother you with trivialities from time to time. :)

EDIT: Since you closed the RT Thread, I'll post this here..... I just want to express my appreciation for the trouble you went to in working out tunes for so many of the cars in Shift. You enabled me to have a great deal of fun with a game that I thought was headed for trade-in. Thank you. 👍

Last edited:

Dam that bad luck mate, Microsoft really do need to sort it out for the next console they bring out as the x box 360 does not seem to age well at all, everyone i know has gone to ps3 due to the red ring of death dribble.

Ahhh so your mr viper i see you on all the time mate its a shame you dont have shift for the ps3 we could race you hell mate i would even send you a copy of shift if the uk version works on an American machine ???

I'm still getting Shift for the PS3 that was decided before this bs actually took place, I'm not too fond of passing up the opportunity to race with various drunkards, pink GAYardo drivers, and whomever is in first place at the time. :D

I had to pick up Bayonetta first, but I'm sure I'd have the chance to pick it up either this weekend or the next.

I'm still getting Shift for the PS3 that was decided before this bs actually took place, I'm not too fond of passing up the opportunity to race with various drunkards, pink GAYardo drivers, and whomever is in first place at the time. :D

I had to pick up Bayonetta first, but I'm sure I'd have the chance to pick it up either this weekend or the next.

just hurry up and pick up a copy of shift, l really wanna see you come racing with us.
( like everyone else we wanna see what you got bro ):sly:

Season 2 will softly begin sometime this upcoming week, perhaps Thursday; the first race will not be apart of the official racing season but instead will be a warm-up race to get myself acquainted with who's going to be behind me (I kid...a little bit. :lol:). Season 2 is, and will remain the official points-based racing action that I said it would be when I picked up Shift.

I'll work out the specifics for the first race to take place sometime in two weeks starting from tomorrow. The WTC 2 will not take place on the same days as a fellow NFS Shift league, it will take place during the weekday (if possible, tell me what you guy think of that), it will be a bi-weekly event and every rule is back in order. If anyone wants to race today I'll be on pretty much all day, if I'm playing Bayonetta...you'll need to give me a couple of minutes because that game is awesomely addictive. :D

Season 2 will softly begin sometime this upcoming week, perhaps Thursday; the first race will not be apart of the official racing season but instead will be a warm-up race to get myself acquainted with who's going to be behind me (I kid...a little bit. :lol:). Season 2 is, and will remain the official points-based racing action that I said it would be when I picked up Shift.

I'll work out the specifics for the first race to take place sometime in two weeks starting from tomorrow. The WTC 2 will not take place on the same days as a fellow NFS Shift league, it will take place during the weekday (if possible, tell me what you guy think of that), it will be a bi-weekly event and every rule is in back order. If anyone wants to race today I'll be on pretty much all day, if I'm playing Bayonetta...you'll need to give me a couple of minutes because that game is awesomely addictive. :D

I'll be on as soon as I get done digging my driveway out from the 25 inches of snow we got yesterday... :ouch:

Season 2 will softly begin sometime this upcoming week, perhaps Thursday; the first race will not be apart of the official racing season but instead will be a warm-up race to get myself acquainted with who's going to be behind me (I kid...a little bit. :lol:). Season 2 is, and will remain the official points-based racing action that S said it would be when i picked up Shift.

I'll work out the specifics for the first race to take place sometime in two weeks starting from tomorrow. The WTC 2 will not take place on the same days as a fellow Shift league, it will take place during the weekday (if possible, tell me what you guy think of that), it will be a bi-weekly event and every rule is back in order.

I re-iterate this previous post, and I hope I can actually keep it on schedule this time. For those of you wondering...that's next Thursday.

We can definitely start a practice session tomorrow. I got caught up in the tutorial for most of the day.

I'm thinking the WTC 2 can take pace on Tuesday and Wednesday and will proceed as such every other week. if you miss a race for whatever reason, you'll have the opportunity to make it up at anytime during the break period before the next races take place.

If anyone wants to participate in the practice session today apply here.

The WTC 2 Wants YOU! :lol:

Regular time for Manny's league for today.

I'll work out all of the official stuff for next week.

Practice begins at 4:30 Eastern, and 9:30 Western GMT for anyone in the UK.

Well, it seems I've just been screwed over, and royally might I add.

First the disconnection, then the entire system froze up (while saving...something) and now I think everything is gone. :grumpy:

during this unexpected interlude l humbly take upon myself the duty to interview the like really hot receptionists

5722.jpg
next

Not a whole lot to be perfectly honest. I never had a real chance to do anything.

On a different note I'm tired of being defaulted to that damn MC12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back