Replays

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 13 comments
Watching replays of online races was 50% of the game for me in the GT series. I hope they improve the replays in Project CARS. Can't even try it until my wheel gets patched!

:ouch:

Personal opinion here, but I do believe the car movement in Project Cars is the most lifelike of any game I've seen and I do like to watch replays because of that. Not being able to capture fastest lap replays in practice and TT is a big void IMO, as it would make it much simpler and more convenient for producing hot lap replays for the internetz.

I always check my replays for two reasons one to view the lap from grandstand tv view to get a different prospective of my line thats not driving seat ,and Two if i have made set-up adjustments too see how the car reacts ,it could really do with the data logger being availabe on the replays ,but hey ho its still just great to watch

I have several replays saved and love watching some of them, especially in slowmotion; powerslides, drifts, close overtakes or when going over kerbs.

Replays have always been a critical aspect of any driving game for me.

It was one of the things that infuriated me with Codemasters F1 2010. You were unable to switch to views of other cars during the replays. They went to a fair bit of effort to emphasise the career and driver rivalries, but you couldn't see what happened to your championship competitor etc... after the race. As a driver you spent your career in an isolated bubble where no one could tell you why the guy you had been fighting with for most of the season suddenly finished at the back or not at all etc..

I think there really was an issue with the tech specs of the PS3 in this regard though, because not one game I played offered an easy instant way to move through the field in a replay, like you could do with GT1 -GT4

I also used to use them as a smoking break, tea break, loo break etc...

Ok, the replay cameras are a little dull, but am I the only one who saves replays of good races and watches them in full?

I love watching how the cars move over the bumps and kerbs and especially the Clios lifting the back wheels.
You are not the only one. I have saved each of my online wins and a couple of epic races which I have or will watch back.

I often watch the same move over and over again in super slow-mo. Looks great. Also like to switch to bumper cam and watch the race in high speed.
I do that too. I pause it and play it as slowly as possible to watch the car movements. Love that.

Personal opinion here, but I do believe the car movement in Project Cars is the most lifelike of any game I've seen and I do like to watch replays because of that. Not being able to capture fastest lap replays in practice and TT is a big void IMO, as it would make it much simpler and more convenient for producing hot lap replays for the internetz.
The car movement in PCars is great and a joy to watch in slo-mo.

Also, I really hope there is the option to save our fastest session lap in a future update. It is such a handy feature in GT.

Love replays in racing games. I watch every one and I have watched my saved ones several times ( I save those that I know that I want to see again).
I think PCars replay cameras are the best. I hope they can fix them to get rid if the stuttering and other visual glitches, but I still enjoy them though.

I think PCars replay cameras are the best.

How many different "camera views" are there in replay mode and how do you cycle through them? ..........I ask this at the risk of being shunned for not knowing something so obvious......:lol:

Ok, the replay cameras are a little dull, but am I the only one who saves replays of good races and watches them in full?

I love watching how the cars move over the bumps and kerbs and especially the Clios lifting the back wheels.

The replays are good, but it lacks so many things.

We can't see nothing about the race, we can't change focus to another player. No access to live timing.

If they add these things (basically being a lot like GT replay mode), it will be excellent.

How many different "camera views" are there in replay mode and how do you cycle through them? ..........I ask this at the risk of being shunned for not knowing something so obvious......:lol:
Just a guess but maybe 8 or 9 with only one trackside camera option. The usual hood, bumper, roof, birds eye, maybe 3 cockpit views and trackside, maybe one or two more.

A positive of the replays is that you can watch them with the DS4 in control and use the stick to move the view around. When is someone going to make a wheel with an analogue stick? Maybe SMS can allow the DS4 to be programmed as a mapable controller in addition to a wheel.

Improvements to replays

1 move between cars
2 hud/timing/leaderboard/telemetry in replays
3 the ability to both save a replay in the lobby as well as full result data (including fastest lap) after the results screen has timed out.

Last edited:
Back