Reporting Cheaters in SPORTS Mode

Austria
Vienna
Hi,

just entered the Daily Race at Alsace Village and had a good fight about the 1st place. Strangely at some point it became a race for place 2 since another player suddenly was listed on top position. Fastest Lap 0:42 or something while i was 2:20 or so. Looking at the replay you can see how the player is manipulating the pit by going in backwardas two or three times and in the end he seems to achieve what he was aiming for: to receive a comeplete lap by doing so.

Any chance of reporting such a behaviour to PD? I saved the replay, followed the guy, commented on his pictures the word CHEATER and also reported him through the in-game menu - but this seems more related to bad wording rather than bad behaviour on the track.

Guy has 50 wins and you can imagine how many of those are won in a fair way.

I mean i don't care what people do offline with AI etc. alos ramming etc. i can live with but this ...

Hi,

just entered the Daily Race at Alsace Village and had a good fight about the 1st place. Strangely at some point it became a race for place 2 since another player suddenly was listed on top position. Fastest Lap 0:42 or something while i was 2:20 or so. Looking at the replay you can see how the player is manipulating the pit by going in backwardas two or three times and in the end he seems to achieve what he was aiming for: to receive a comeplete lap by doing so.

Any chance of reporting such a behaviour to PD? I saved the replay, followed the guy, commented on his pictures the word CHEATER and also reported him through the in-game menu - but this seems more related to bad wording rather than bad behaviour on the track.

I mean i don't care what people do offline with AI etc. alos ramming etc. i can live with but this ...
that isn't cheating that's simply pit lane glitching and that's something PD needs to fix altogether.

Hi,

This guy is not using a cheater but rather taking advantage of a bug that exists inside the game .. and yes, it is quite frustrating to get into a race with a player of these ..

To the OP, I don't think there is a way to usefully report, other than the stuff you know about which is hardly going to do anything.

To the other two jokers, don't spam cross-thread nonsense like that please people

Pit lane glitching, especially online, is cheating because it is exploiting an unintended game mechanic to achieve something that should not be possible. It is also robbing others of their rightful results.

Not that reporting people doing it will get them banned, so it's pointless and the cheats win.

In a lobby you can go to the lobby screen, press options button, go to "friends" and on the right it should show the people in your current session. The guy will be on there and you can report them there. I'm not sure when you will have the opportunity to do this in a Sport mode race. If they quit post-race really quickly you may be unable to do it :/ .

Or record it and send it to Sony customer support, given PD's massive lack of any kind of customer facing anything. Sony is the official channel to go through regarding PD issues.

Thanks for your comments. Do you know if this is possible on any track or just on some that feature specials conditions.
It really happened the first time to me (in around 230 races) but i am somewhat afraif that it becomes a trend?

In a lobby you can go to the lobby screen, press options button, go to "friends" and on the right it should show the people in your current session. The guy will be on there and you can report them there. I'm not sure when you will have the opportunity to do this in a Sport mode race. If they quit post-race really quickly you may be unable to do it :/ .

Or record it and send it to Sony customer support.
Yeah this i did, it is also possible in SPORTS but there was no option to dedicate the report to a bad behaviour in driving nor could i input a written comment. Hope this gets fixed eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
People exploiting this to win are cheaters. Sure, they just use a well known bug from the game, they just are conscious that they will not get any penalty or anything.

But PD would spend their time in a more useful way, I guess, if they fix the issues with pitlane, instead of going after every guy that exploits their bugs.

Not just this bug is annoying but the one that doesn't properly account pit stops doesn't require something that anyone voluntarily do but messes with races and race tactics.

Last edited:
I had one yesterday... Scognac910...35 second lap on Dragon Tail.

B403F7E3-9607-455B-9FC2-88E8CBD32A3C.jpeg

I saw one on Dragon Trail II too.. I was battling for second place and we didn't even get to finish the race. Time was up during lap 3 cause of that cheater. Sniper-something driving under the british flag.

I don’t care if people using this bug should be banned or whatever. It’s simply not my decision. They’re just exploiting a bug. It’s up to PD to finally patch this goddamn bug. For sake how honorless this behavior is from people actually using it in Sport Mode.I don’t get it. But after almost 3 months and i‘m quite sure PD knows about it, it’s still not patched, unbelievable.

I just call them glitchers.

Cheating IMO is using external code/software to alter one's game's performance. If the failure is built in the game itself and people use it, they're glitching /exploiting the glitch.

Bad stuff. Hope this gets fixed with this week's update.

It's cheating, can't believe there's people saying it's not!
Exploiting a glitch to beat other players (playing fair) is cheating!
It's not meant to happen, it's just poor coding that's been missed!
Whoever gets enjoyment from doing that and looks at their stats with a smile are pathetic!!

Wait wait wait... So some people are calling what @zzz_pt did cheating, but when someone uses a pit lane exploit to run a 30 second lap to automatically with the race, that isn't cheating?!

Are we actually 🤬 serious right now?

difficult subject I agree, but surely you cant put the Maggi lap and the pit glitch in the same category?

as @ASH32 said ''it is exploiting an unintended game mechanic to achieve something that should not be possible''....quite different from tyres being a few feet over the curb on a turn.

difficult subject I agree, but surely you cant put the Maggi lap and the pit glitch in the same category?

as @ASH32 said ''it is exploiting an unintended game mechanic to achieve something that should not be possible''....quite different from tyres being a few feet over the curb on a turn.

Hmmm, exploiting a glitch to win competitive races should be called cheating....dirty cheating...:banghead:
No matter if it is exploiting an unintended game mechanic, no matter the game....I call it cheating !

Personally I don’t really care... glitchers are not racers, they’re hackers. They get their rocks off by finding and taking advantage of exploits like this, and the rest of us drive to actually DRIVE and compete against other drivers. The purpose of this game (to me) is to develop and refine a REAL skill, which is race car driving— a skill that actually translates effectively to the real world.

If you have a legitimate SS rating, you have REAL skills that you can REALLY use in SCCA, NASA, FIA, etc. or obviously in GT Academy if they ever resurrect it... you think any of these glitchers would get into GT Academy by pulling into the pits backwards? Are glitchers ever going to gain respect from the legit SS drivers in the lobby? No.

That’s why, to me, it’s kind of irrelevant. I agree it should be fixed, but until it does, it’s still no impediment to the real drivers. The fact that a plastic parking cone can apparently launch a 2800lb vehicle 5ft into the air is much more of a pet peeve for me lol

Wait wait wait... So some people are calling what @zzz_pt did cheating, but when someone uses a pit lane exploit to run a 30 second lap to automatically with the race, that isn't cheating?!

Are we actually 🤬 serious right now?

For all that say it is not considered cheating, would you change your mind when they keep on stealing victories from you? I'd be pretty pissed if I ran a great race and lost to someone who did 35 second lap!

If you have a legitimate SS rating, you have REAL skills that you can REALLY use in SCCA, NASA, FIA, etc.

If you actually think that sitting on your sofa in front of your tv with a controller playing a video game gives you the actual skills to be a racer within SCCA, FIA or any type of real life pro racing then I guess that that playing Call of Duty on veteran level is giving you the same real life skills to be a top operator in a special forces elite unit.

I won the Superbowl playing quarterback at Madden and I cannot understand for the life of me where is my multi million dollar real world contract from the football teams that should be beating my door down to retain my services. They did see my mad skills in that game, right?

Thanks I needed a chuckle in my day!

If you actually think that sitting on your sofa in front of your tv with a controller playing a video game gives you the actual skills to be a racer within SCCA, FIA or any type of real life pro racing then I guess that that playing Call of Duty on veteran level is giving you the same real life skills to be a top operator in a special forces elite unit.

I won the Superbowl playing quarterback at Madden and I cannot understand for the life of me where is my multi million dollar real world contract from the football teams that should be beating my door down to retain my services. They did see my mad skills in that game, right?

Thanks I needed a chuckle in my day!

what about Jann Mardenborough? Lucas Ordonez?

Back