Reporting feature!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Keith2324, May 16, 2018.

1. Keith2324

Keith2324

Does the reporting feature actually do anything? I'm really getting tired of getting rammed for no reason and I think there should be stiffer penalties for these uncaring drivers.

Ok....I feel better now! :)

Tristan Jones, TamasToth and Tom swan like this.
  2. phil_75

phil_75

Imo the problem is no longer rammers it's brake checkers and weavers trying to get you to tap the back of their car to give you a 5 or 10 sec penalty.

3. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

I agree , yesterday i was having a fun fast fair race at mount panorama , i've put a good pressure on a guy in front of me during 3 laps and he begun to make some mistakes. During the 4th lap he did a first obvious brake check in the S and a second one in a row just after in forrest elbow.
    15 seconds penalty for me . 2 for him. Should i stay 3 cars distance behind him to avoid this situation ?
    More difficult than having some good penalty rules is to have also a way to avoid people using those rules at his own favor.

4. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

I was in a "clean" lobby race and people were pulling that stuff. Which is weird because it's a lobby race and I'm just going to shoehorn my nose on the inside and scrub you with a late drift to the outside like I'm spreading cream cheese on a bagel. Lobby racing always turns into Lord of the Flies.

I feel like I always check the lobbies to remind myself why I prefer Sport mode.

Lobbies aside, report away. People have complained about being unfairly banned via the report feature so I'd imagine that correctly reporting people is totally valid and will bare eventual reprecussions. If someone really angers me I argue at the end of the race baiting them to send me a vulgar PM. Then I report the PM to Sony. Snitches give stitches.

5. NotThirdReich

NotThirdReich

I'm not exactly experienced, but I guess you should keep your normal pace. If you feel he's a dangerous driver, you should keep a larger distance but enough to keep a good pace for overtaking just in case. If he brakechecks you, then I guess you have to brake as well. The penalty system is weird too. I have definitely hit someone from behind but not taken a penalty. Like, they were in the grass then. It didn't give me an SR decrease or penalty at all. I guess it depends on how you drive. I don't know.

6. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

Brake checkers are a big problem. They should be banned immediately.

7. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Brake checkers for you could be someone that is on the absolute edge of their racing capacity.

Krypton78 likes this.
  8. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

The people who brake checked me knew what they are doing. They where two of the fastest drivers of europe.

Mirror_man, phil_75 and acedition333 like this.
  9. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

I know what is exactly the normal pace and i'm not speaking about breaking zone . Those moves are totally unfair. You can prevent brake check when you have a car with a better top speed , then you wait for the stream and it will be ok for you. If not , you will have to stick as safely as possible to your opponent in front of you and try to pass him in the next braking zone , push him to the fault or any way to attack and pass cleanly. I will try to find the replay tonight.

phil_75 likes this.
  10. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

That is pretty bad then!

RaceFace85 likes this.
  11. TamasToth

TamasToth

...while the digital parameters of the shabby brake-checks are quite clear. Braking for no reason (nobody in front, no turn coming) _and_ somebody behind = immediate ban out of race. (For a month ;))

@RaceFace85: "two of the fastest drivers of europe" means nothing in sportmanship, or behaviour-aspect. What you wrote assumes they are just (selfcensored)holes. And well deserved to have the short video of their intelligent move up here or anywhere, for the others to laugh and know who to avoid, for them to learn and be ashamed.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  12. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

I learned that a perfect brake check is done in a corner where they reduce speed before and brake much too strong in the corner when you are already on the throttle behind.

13. TamasToth

TamasToth

OK. That is also a perfectly clean situation if you get the data. And PD have all. You did that turn several times. Others did it million times. There are quite precise best-practice. If you have any reason to brake, the program knows earlier than you. There's no reason? And there's somebody behind? O-ooo...

RaceFace85 likes this.
  14. talhaONE

talhaONE

Im sorry to ask but whats brake checkers?

15. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

By the textbook definition, they're basically people in front of you who brake for no apparent reason, causing you to crash into their backs. Sometimes you might assume someone is a brake-checker since your braking points differ, but the worse ones are thoae who brake in the middle of the straight

And then there's the smarter brake-checkers, like RaceFace said. They brake mid-corner for you to crash to them

16. philipPF

philipPF

In corners, it may be the worst case : you're surprised, brake strongly to avoid contact and you probably end in the sand :( while in a straight it might only a slight touch/penalty

Personnaly I don't like to stick behind someone really close, I just don't feel confident enough, but I play on a very low level. Sometimes, making the driver in front thinking that I'll attack strongly in a corner, but braking earlier, is enough to make him take bad decisions / mistakes

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  17. Krypton78

Krypton78

When somebody in front of you brakes intentionaly to early to let you ram him so you will get a penalty.

18. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I hate it when that happens :(

I also don't like to stick close behind an opponent. I plan my overtakes corners ahead, unless I get desperate. But sometimes I just get really close, no idea why, as in literally millimeters close, and then they do that :grumpy:

19. TamasToth

TamasToth

Let me reflect this "smarter". Means the miserable maggots, who tricks out rules to cause harm to others and this harm can be used to their advantages. But doesn't have the balls to make it face-to-face. Later, these mentally untrained will be the economic crimesters, for example. ;)
    So this "smarter" has to be chased far away from any sport activity.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  20. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Just because they're smart doesn't mean they're not despicable ;)

TamasToth likes this.