Request: Diablo GT 550RS Nur24 Tune

Hi, I've looked at the tunes available for this car and none are working for me. I would like to get into the low 8's if possible, I use a DFGT but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Not much luck with that one either, I'm having the same problem with the rear coming around on corner entry as I come off the brakes, throttle blipping not helping much either.

I could probably cancel some of that out by shifting the weight balance but then the suspension has to change as well which is where I get lost.

Any further help will be appreciated.

Edit: So I went back to the drawing board with this car and here's what I came up with, it's not perfect but I feel like I'm driving the car instead of the other way round.

Let me know what you think guys as I am not a professional tuner and would like the feedback to help me learn.

Edit:2 UPDATE online tune changes made.

First time out at the Nurburgring testing online I came in with a 6:36 and it was not a perfect lap so there is room for improvement there as well as in the tune.

Racing Soft Tires 550pp

Parts added.
Full adj. suspension
LSD
Triple plate clutch
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Stage 2 engine tune
Semi racing exhaust
Oil change
Power: 73.3 percent
Ballast: 44kg @ -50

Suspension:
90 95
12.00 17.00
8 5
4 7
4 5
0.0 0.0
-0.02 0.30
Brakes:
5 3
LSD:
6 10 35

Last edited:
Not much luck with that one either, I'm having the same problem with the rear coming around on corner entry as I come off the brakes, throttle blipping not helping much either.

I could probably cancel some of that out by shifting the weight balance but then the suspension has to change as well which is where I get lost.

Any further help will be appreciated.
Where do you have your LSD decal set to, and what is your brake bias?

I'll be uploading a YouTube vid a bit later with a replay of Nurb lap, hopefully this will convey something in terms of suspension movement, steering angle, accel. decel and braking that shows how this car is behaving.

For me it is always a matter of feel and guess work rather that having a complete technical understanding of the values and the relationship between them.

It would seem that if there was a data read out of the load any particular car was under at any given corner accounting for road surface bumps etc. an algorithm could be calculated to determine which variables should be changed to create the optimum attitude of the car to achieve the most stable and fastest way in, through and out of a corner, even with an ability to calculate values to add in elements of oversteer or neutrality depending on the style the driver prefers.

In fact I believe Koenigssegg already has something like this but not sure exactly how much of the car it controls, optimumly it would have power to change every setting automatically perhaps ommiting weight balance as that would be hard to implement in RL although it could give you a value that could then be accounted for manually.

Will do, just out of interest I thought higher values on the decel created a kind of engine braking effect which in my mind should stop the rear from overtaking the front due to the rear weight bias, is this not the correct way to think about it?
This is correct but if you go too high (tight) then there may not be enough difference in individual wheel speeds to allow the car to turn. This can cause one or both tyres to break traction.

20 might do the trick 👍, I've went as high as 24 on a few RWDs, anything more seems to hinder things a little on tarmac. My other suggestion was going to be to raise the dampers on the extension side to cope better with the bumpy track...but you did that already 👍.

Well I cracked it, followed your advise on the LSD settings and that made a huge difference. What also transformed it was chassis stiffening and a wing, now she feels nailed to the road. I worked real hard on this and would like to share my first real tune with the community, let me know how you like it and if there are any ways you would improve it. Thanks.
IMG_8335.jpg

UPDATED 07/03/17
(Tuned for Nurburgring)
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00

550-600pp SS or RS Tires
499-722hp 1366kg

Parts
Power: Computer, semi-racing exhaust, , sports catalytic converter, stage 1 turbo. Oil change. (600pp add exhaust manifold).
Power limiter 70.5 (550pp) 100 (597pp) percent
(I felt this car needed more torque so I added the turbo, the computer also helped it spin up more freely).

Drivetrain: Triple plate clutch
L.S.D. 6 7 5

Transmission: Fully customizable
Reset. Set final 5000. Set Max. Speed 149mph. Set ratios.
2.883 2.015 1.454 1.110 0.860
Set final 3.500 For Nurburgring

Suspension: Fully adjustable
Ride Height
F. 90 R. 90
Spring
F. 11.90 R.17.85
Damper comp.
F. 7 R. 3
Damper ext.
F. 4 R. 7
Anti Roll
F. 5 R. 4
Camber
F. 0.5 R. 0.8
Toe
F. 0.05 R. 0.30
Brakes (racing)
F. 6 R. 4

Body: chassis reinforcement, aero kit type A, wing, Stage 3 weight reduction, carbon hood, window weight reduction. Aero 15 Ballast 85kg @ -30.

Last edited:
Back