Request for sound byte

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Lernatix, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Lernatix

Lernatix

OK, not sure about the legalities in asking this but does anyone have
    (assuming it's legal to do so) a copy of that guitar riff that plays anytime
    you buy a new part for your car in GT1?

Cheers.

2. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I like that guitar riff! :) Gets me psyched to race and stuff. GT3 and GT4's menu music puts me to sleep in comparison. :yuck:

I don't have that soundbyte. Wonder if it's legally possible to find it at one of these music download sites, though.

3. Lernatix

Lernatix

I will be googling and youtubin for a while I guess. ;)

4. Bakugekiki

Bakugekiki

I don't know exactly which one you mean but here is a link to a song from GT1, one of the related videos could be it. If you do find it on YouTube there is a less than legal way of downloading it, which I don't advocate by the way, but it may be your only option.

I'm going to have a quick look for the original disc so I can check to see if I can rip the soundtrack through the PS3, which is legal!

Update: I found the disc but after 12 years of ownership the game will not load, RIP Gran Turismo. I'm tempted to buy another copy from eBay, they only cost £2.29! I'm also trying to emulate the disc on the PC but so far no avail.

Another Update: Stupid me has realised that you want the jingle, I've managed to emulate the game and I am now trying to record the sound for you. I have also managed to record the sound but it's in not-so-good quality.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  5. Deko Wolf-GTPT

Deko Wolf-GTPT

I can get you that guitar riff...and all the other tracks that GT1 has in it!
    But...for legal reasons I can't

6. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

GT1 has the best menu tunes from the whole series IMO. That guitar riff can get pretty annoying if you're buying a lot of parts very quickly though.

7. Lernatix

Lernatix

Thanks Bakugekiki, your onto it.
    I have a legit copy from years ago, and some "other" copies. ;)
    I'm sure I'll figure it out.