Resident Evil 6

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 142 comments
Capcom are going to be releasing a downloadable Resident Evil anthology to celebrate the release of Resident Evil 6. The Resident Evil 6 Anthology (PS3) or Resident Evil 6 Archives (X360) editions of Resident Evil 6—both costing $90—will include RE6 on a disc, and the previous Resident Evil games as downloads.

Why do the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions have different names? Because the downloadable lineup for both versions is slightly different. Here’s what each one contains:

RESIDENT EVIL 6 ANTHOLOGY (PS3)
33cug69.jpg

RESIDENT EVIL 6 ARCHIVES (360)
2drgs3d.jpg

Both versions will be available alongside the standard version of Resident Evil 6 on October 2nd. Credit: Ishaan

Last edited:
That Resi 6 Anthology looks interesting. I have all but Resi: Director’s Cut and 5 Gold Edition, although I have played 5 which was mediocre compared to it's predecessor. I will consider it at least.

As for Resi 6 itself, I do like the new inventory system. It does make it quicker to switch between weapons and heal yourself. I like how each character has their own HUD design too.

Collectors's Edition announced for Europe
2rrtnc1.jpg

The Collector’s Edition contains the following:

- Resident Evil 6 game

- Zombie Steel Book

- Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game

- Resident Evil 6 Avatar DLC code for 360 owners OR an RE6 Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners

- Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size)

- ‘The RE6 forces emblems’ – High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and RE6 Director Eiichiro Sasaki. A must have piece for any fan of Resident Evil!

- All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together in the lenticular ‘Needle Bomb’ collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer)

The Collector’s Edition can be exclusively purchased from the following retailers

-UK – TBC
-France – TBC
-Germany – Gamestop

More info to come on where to pre-order in Spain, Italy and Australia.

A limited edition Steel Book version of RE6 is also available to pre-order from today across all retail partners, this will be available around the same price as the standard version.
2z7oqqf.jpg

2qdts00.jpg

New gameplay from Capcom Summer Jam.

Silly lady at the end of that clip, hahaha!

Resident Evil 6 Demo Now Live On XBL

Capcom has today launched the official demo version of the highly anticipated Resident Evil 6, available to download now via Xbox LIVE. The demo is currently only available to gamers who purchased Dragon’s Dogma on Xbox 360, but will also be available via PlayStation Network and publicly on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace soon

Last edited:
Chris Demo Gameplay

Sherry Demo Gameplay

Maybe Capcom can get the MT Framework V2 engine running as smoothly on PS3 this time around....time will tell.

New San Diego Comic Con Jake Gameplay (Gameplay starts at 3:13)

New San Diego Comic Con Chris Gameplay (Gameplay starts at 3:38)

Resident Evil 6 screen-tear woes "being worked on"

Capcom is aware of the screen-tearing issues widely-reported in the Resident Evil 6 demo, and is working on a fix.

Capcom Unity community manager Brett Elston hosted two segments of new Resident Evil 6 gameplay on Twitch TV last night. During the webcast he discussed the screen-tearing issue.

"Xbox 360 screen-tearing has been noticed, and is being worked upon," Elston said. "I'm not sure if it's sorted in the build here [at San Diego Comic-Con] but it's being looked into."

Credit: Tom Phillips

Resident Evil related. Damnation Trailer. :)

Last edited:
Capcom Resident Evil Producer Speaks

Masachika Kawata
Survival horror has frustrated the players over time, it has traditionally been something to do with restricting the freedom of the player and thus build up tension. These restrictions include limited inventory, ammunition and other things, to give players a feeling of helplessness and fear. However, after years, action element won the upper hand over survival horror and relieve the frustration of restrictions on the player.

Capcom comments on the lack of a Collector’s Edition of Resident Evil 6 in U.S.

Resident Evil 6 will be getting a Collector’s Edition in Japan and Limited Edition in Europe. Instead of a similar offering, North America will be receiving Resident Evil 6 Anthology on the Playstation 3 and Resident Evil 6 Archives on the Xbox 360, compilations that bundle the survival-horror title with previous games of the series.

Christian Svensson (the Corporate Officer and Senior Vice-President of Capcom)
What the US marketing team tried to do, was to pack as much value (game value) into the offering as possible. It seems that for fans who own everything, that's not a terribly compelling offering (though pre-orders for it are going well, so it is finding an audience). Unfortunately, there's not going to be a solution for you this time around but we'll discuss your feedback and the needs of fans who already own everything on future titles as we mull over collectors and special editions.

Beat All Of Resident Evil 6′s Scenarios And Unlock.....

SPOILER ALERT! Highlight below to read.

You can play as Ada Wong has her own storyline in Resident Evil 6, but you won’t get to play it until you beat Chris, Leon, and Jake’s scenarios.

Ada is armed with a crossbow and has time bombs. Unlike the other Resident Evil 6 scenarios, Ada is solo so her mode is single player only.

Last edited:
Multiplayer gameplay and some other glimpses at the various campaign modes available, plus spoilers.

*Language warning*

Only wonder if 6 is going to be better than 4.

although 6 looks like it's shaping up to be much better than 5, even though it's more of a full-scale war as well as traditional Resi survival horror elements, I have my doubts. I sure hope it's at least as good as 4 though, which was great.

This game is looking amazing. I quit viewing videos several weeks ago to avoid spoilers. I really enjoyed RE5 and from the couple videos I watched, this will be a day 1 purchase for sure. Cant wait. So many good co-op games coming out this fall/winter.

The $300 Resident Evil 6 3-Way Holster Bag
288pier.jpg

examiner
Capcom’s official Japanese shopping website, e-Capcom, has provided a first look at the upcoming Resident Evil 6 × Briefing 3Way Holster Bag.

The Resident Evil 6 × Briefing 3Way Holster Bag has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price tag of 25,200 yen, which is approximately $322.25 when converted into U.S. dollars. The product will be released in Japan sometime in November.

As much as I enjoy the Resident Evil series, lesson learned with Capcom, so I will endulge in patience for a RE6 purchase later on.

JP Box Art.
30mvcbc.jpg
11aae1e.jpg

Resident Evil: Damnation Takes Place Right Before Resident Evil 6

Siliconera
In addition to Resident Evil 6, Leon and Ada will also be in the upcoming Resident Evil: Damnation movie. Written by Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society and Resident Evil: Degeneration screenwriter, Shotaro Suga, the movie takes place in Europe, and sees Leon investigating the use of B.O.W.s in war.

Speaking with Tokyopop, Resident Evil: Damnation director, Makoto Kamiya, says that Damnation takes place between Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.

“The previous film, Degeneration, took place after Resident Evil 4, but things have changed regarding the proliferation of the virus and the B.O.W.s,” Kamiya shares. “We wanted to show what’s going on in the world regarding BOWs and the characters you’ll play in Resident Evil 6.”

“That’s what we’re showing in Resident Evil: Damnation; it actually falls right before Resident Evil 6. It’s between RE5 and RE6.”

Resident Evil: Damnation will play in Japanese cinemas on October 27th. Sony Pictures will distribute the film in North America.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for Prometheus movie but now i just literally can't wait for RE6

Rumor: RE6 Will Have A 5th Campaign: Prelude

Residentevilonly
Three distinct single-player campaigns, each with their own style and theme that crossover at certain points, all playable with online co-op. To this add a newly-revealed fourth campaign starring Ada Wong, an unseen 'Prelude' campaign, and at least two competitive online modes, Agent Hunt and Mercenaries.
mhjfb.jpg

Credit to Capcom, they seem to be packing alot of non-DLC on-disc content with RE6. 👍 Seeing as RE4 started this more action derived RE that many gamers/fans seem to not favor, to me, RE6 should be just as good, if not better than both RE4 & RE5, which for me, were both equal in terms of enjoyment, fun, excitement & feel.

Last edited:
Good thing is going to be much longer than RE4 and RE6 packed with mixed action and other bonuses as on-line play.

Jesus i can't wait :mad: :banghead:

New Jake gameplay from Gamescom:

Some info on a selection of creatures in Resi 6:

Last edited:
Capcom Announce Resident Evil.Net

Fancensus
Capcom have just announced in their Gamescom conference Resident Evil.Net. This will be a website that features all of your gameplay stats from Resident Evil 6 and compares them with friends.

It’ll offer a number of features, including the ability to update you via Twitter if a score of yours has been beaten online. There will also be global community events, such as kill 100,000 zombies that will give you points, which can then be spent on exclusive in-game items, such as exclusive Mercenaries costumes.

You’ll also be able to see when a friend is online, especially handy if you want to jump into an online co-op game. Finally Capcom mentioned a Champion belt that is awarded to the player that does the best for challenges. Much like in the WWE this must be defended and can exchange hands often. Even if you do lose it however your name will appear on the list of previous winners so at least you can prove you once had the gold.

Some info on a selection of creatures in Resi 6:

I did not watch that but You do realize that by showing this video the creators may just spoiled all the fun for those who seen it. Showing all the monsters and classic enemies is just wrong man is just wrong! 👎

I was inches away from pushing report button :sly: on you and from there it's just admin choice of ban you ;) :lol: :cheers:

It's not like we haven't seen those enemies in the previous gameplay demos and trailers that have been posted in this thread over the months. Much of the info is on the Resi 6 wiki by the way.

There is nothing more frighting than play horror game and discover all it's scary parts in game. It's just weird for me that someone want to see all those things in video and then later be prepared for it.

I'm waiting, not watching any videos, not seeing any pictures, not reading any stories, spoilers, who is who and why he's in the game. 💡 We will find out anyway in game.

Resident Evil.net features trailer

All Games
The free Resident Evil.Net service will be available when Resident Evil 6 launches on October 2 – a date which is now 100% confirmed as the title has passed the gold master stage of development and manufacture of this latest instalment in the multi-million selling series has begun.

I will have to check out that video about the site sometime. Cant wait until this game comes out. October will be a busy month with RE6, Doom 3, and MW2012 (aka Burnout Paradise 2).

Last edited:
Back