rest stops in the track maker

• Thread starter brandon b
  • 8 comments
Canada
Canada
DjBrandaddyMac
does anybody know how to get the rest stops in the track editor? the only guess is that you have to make your track over where another pit stop would be

does anybody know how to get the rest stops in the track editor? the only guess is that you have to make your track over where another pit stop would be

It's a randomly placed object. It seems to be placed only on straights, so you need a straight that is long enough to fit it (it doesn't have to be of the type "straight" though, it could just as well be a "curve" that is straight), and a bit of luck. Stay away from areas marked as forests and mountains, as they will usually spawn trees and rocks along the track. I'm not sure what the city areas do.

Also make sure that your road doesn't cut through the terrain too much, as that usually spawns the "house on top of a hill" prop. So place the two anchors on a somewhat equal level to maximize your chances.

I kinda wish the rest stops are an object we can place ourselves. Also I wish Eifel and Death Valley themes have their own variants. Eifel I can understand if they don't have it because it's supposed to be a race track, but DV is supposed to emulate a public road so it would add greatly to the atmosphere.

It's a randomly placed object. It seems to be placed only on straights, so you need a straight that is long enough to fit it (it doesn't have to be of the type "straight" though, it could just as well be a "curve" that is straight), and a bit of luck. Stay away from areas marked as forests and mountains, as they will usually spawn trees and rocks along the track. I'm not sure what the city areas do.

Also make sure that your road doesn't cut through the terrain too much, as that usually spawns the "house on top of a hill" prop. So place the two anchors on a somewhat equal level to maximize your chances.
thanks it will help

had a pit stop pop up and then if i placed anything else it dissapeared, very dissapionting lol

I had that happen to me too. I've gotten all my rest stops on broad curves, one track had three in a row, 2 on one side and the 3rd right after on the opposite side.

I made a track at Andalusia that had 4 ambulance areas. I wish it wasn't so random.

Yep, usually it's best to place a straight just outside the city shaded areas. Mostly on the right side to bottom right side of the map are the best spots to try and fish for one or so. The best I got was one with two and another road with three.
Would be nice to adjust elevation, have more road side object, plus tunnels, bridges and intersections.

well i think ive got it now, yes u were right having it in the white areas of the map tottally worked, i found making the straights first then test drive the map find the rest areas then save, repeast process untill they start to dissapear, reload your save and try to work with the track not moving certain areas, ill put a link below , i got 5 rest areaS in 5 kms

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/DjBrandaddyMac/course/1887258/

Back