Yes but they are proper side by side starts not the daft single file starts of GT5P.
Do SuperGT races have rolling or standing starts in real life?
With official licences I think they will keep to the official rules of the series too...
Standing starts are more fun, and potentially separate the field less. For career mode I would like to see a mix though, determined on the series it's supposed to portrait. I would like the lesser series to be standing start at least.
In online private lobbies, you should have control over what type of start you want also.
Standing starts are more fun? I don't see quite that way. What I have found is more accidents happen from Standing Starts than from Rolling because of all the darting around to avoid somebody that had too much wheel spin or missed a gear on the upshift.
I suppose you watch BTCC since your in the UK and I watch it quite a bit. WTCC seems to always have an issue going into turn ONE cleanly no matter which track it is. Street Tracks usually have a slow and narrow turn one, magnet for accidents.
This happens sometimes in Pro Race Driver and like I said this is the Chicken coming home to roost for Simulation freaks, all this demand for dented fenders, flying body parts and I'm sure damaged suspension will surely regret that demand once they are punted into the wall, break the suspension in a online race and you have to sit it out...
You should look at this, then...and watch more racing besides NASCAR
yeah, all the racing I watch uses Rolling Starts (save the occasional V8 Supercars and SCCA World Challenge race)
Grid start is the way to go, especially when your going to be racing in high horsepower GT-Rs like I will![]()
I saw double grid starts in some of the E3 demos
That's news to me. Was that just for NASCAR or other events too?
That would be odd. NASCAR doing a standing start on a large oval.
Give the ancient Le Mans start, running like hell to your car and dodging LMP1s trying to run you over.
I don't quite get it why you are talk about it. EVEN in GTg5P there were grid starts (online). And in gt4 Grid start was common start of the race.
Old Le manss start is soo awasome![]()
Give the ancient Le Mans start, running like hell to your car and dodging LMP1s trying to run you over.