Returning/classic original tracks in countries

• Thread starter Animedeaf
  • 28 comments
United States
United States
SupraSword97
Hi! We know that Trial Mountain and Special Stage Route X were confirmed as two of the original tracks in the USA. But what about others such as Deep Forest Raceway, Grand Valley Speedway, Mid-Field Raceway, High Speed Ring, Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill Raceway, and Special Stage Route 5? I guess that Deep Forest Raceway is in the USA and Special Stage Route 5 is in Japan. What do you think?

Edit: High Speed Ring was confirmed as one of the original tracks in Japan and Deep Forest Raceway is confirmed as one of the original tracks in Switzerland.

Last edited:
GT2 gave some clues about assigning potential real-world locations to original tracks. The National Leagues were races for only Japanese cars or only British cars and each had a unique track to fit the profile. Some were obvious like Rome being Italy and the fact that Grindelwald was a real place in Switzerland but:

Midfield Raceway was Japan
Deep Forest was Germany
Tahiti Road was France, Tahiti being a French overseas posession

Although that said, Trial Mountain was the UK and that has now been canonically changed with GT7 so PD could still rewrite everything however they wish to.

With regards to CSR5, SSR5 and SSR11, you'd have to go back and check the road signage for the directions. There could be some clues as to whether it is a drives on the left or drives on the right country but I'm not sure if Japan has its road signs also in English which, for English speaking drives on the left countries, could be the UK, Australia, Canada or South Africa as examples.

GT2 gave some clues about assigning potential real-world locations to original tracks. The National Leagues were races for only Japanese cars or only British cars and each had a unique track to fit the profile. Some were obvious like Rome being Italy and the fact that Grindelwald was a real place in Switzerland but:

Midfield Raceway was Japan
Deep Forest was Germany
Tahiti Road was France, Tahiti being a French overseas posession

Although that said, Trial Mountain was the UK and that has now been canonically changed with GT7 so PD could still rewrite everything however they wish to.

With regards to CSR5, SSR5 and SSR11, you'd have to go back and check the road signage for the directions. There could be some clues as to whether it is a drives on the left or drives on the right country but I'm not sure if Japan has its road signs also in English which, for English speaking drives on the left countries, could be the UK, Australia, Canada or South Africa as examples.

Wow, thank you for showing those clues! :D

Since Deep Forest and Grand Valley are definitely the most likely ones to return, I would say:

Deep Forest - Europe region (Germany)
Grand Valley - Asia/Oceania region (Japan)
Trial Mountain - Americas region (US) - confirmed

Seems quite smart if they actually do this. The Holy Trinity being split into each region would be pretty nice.

As for the other classics, I would put Mid-Field on Japan, Apricot Hill somewhere in Europe, Autumn Ring on Canada and High Speed Ring in the US.

Thanks for the thread! This subject always got me thinking since SSRX came to GT Sport. :lol:

Since Deep Forest and Grand Valley are definitely the most likely ones to return, I would say:

Deep Forest - Europe region (Germany)
Grand Valley - Asia/Oceania region (Japan)
Trial Mountain - Americas region (US) - confirmed

Seems quite smart if they actually do this. The Holy Trinity being split into each region would be pretty nice.

As for the other classics, I would put Mid-Field on Japan, Apricot Hill somewhere in Europe, Autumn Ring on Canada and High Speed Ring in the US.

Thanks for the thread! This subject always got me thinking since SSRX came to GT Sport. :lol:

Yeah! You're welcome. How about Cape Ring? 💡

I realized that we didn't use this thread for a long while. But I was surprised that we were wrong because Deep Forest Raceway is in Switzerland, not Germany.

I realized that we didn't use this thread for a long while. But I was surprised that we were wrong because Deep Forest Raceway is in Switzerland, not Germany.

Oh I missed this thread. I was so convinced Deep Forest would be in Germany but Switzerland was an interesting surprise. I'm sticking with Japan for Grand Valley, something tells me it's got to be there. I hope to get this mystery solved very soon.

In theory it'd have been illegal until recently as proper circuit racing was banned in Switzerland since that Le Mans Accident in 1955 :scared:

Most locations of tracks probably changed when PD had to put them on an actual world map. Unless someone proves me Nessie moved to the US I'm still of the opinion that Trial Mountain should be in Scotland :lol:

Makes up for Grindelwald and Eiger Nordwand, two former GT tracks that are real-world locations in Switzerland.

Okay, wagnerFAM98 and I noticed that there are empty spaces on the World Circuits maps. I also noticed empty spaces in Japan that are between Autopolis and Kyoto Driving Park and between Tsukuba Circuit and High Speed Ring. I think that Grand Valley Speedway is in one of them.

Okay, wagnerFAM98 and I noticed that there are empty spaces on the World Circuits maps. I also noticed empty spaces in Japan that are between Autopolis and Kyoto Driving Park and between Tsukuba Circuit and High Speed Ring. I think that Grand Valley Speedway is in one of them.
What do you mean, empty spaces? Everywhere without a dot is an empty space, no?

I found Switzerland a very strange choice for an imaginary "original" track. All forms of motor racing were banned in Switzerland after the 1955 Le Mans disasterous crash (killing at least 83 people in the crowd). The ban was partially lifted in 2018, but only for fully electric vehicles (like Formula E, which held races in Zurich in 2018 and in Bern in 2019 on temporary street circuits; both races proving to be one-offs btw). Up to this day, there isn't a single permanent racing circuit in Switzerland.

Last edited:
I found Switzerland a very strange choice for an imaginary "original" track. All forms of motor racing were banned in Switzerland after the 1955 Le Mans disasterous crash (killing at least 83 people in the crowd). The ban was partially lifted in 2018, but only for fully electric vehicles (like Formula E, which held races in Zurich in 2018 and in Bern in 2019 on temporary street circuits; both races proving to be one-offs btw). Up to this day, there isn't a single permanent racing circuit in Switzerland.
Well, it's nice to confirm that in the Gran Turismo Canonical Universe, the 1955 Le Mans disaster didn't happen. Nice bit of lore for universe building.

Well, it's nice to confirm that in the Gran Turismo Canonical Universe, the 1955 Le Mans disaster didn't happen. Nice bit of lore for universe building.
More lore for universe building: the 1955 Le Mans crash prompted Mercedes-Benz to retire from racing until 1989. So maybe the devs at PD can create some imaginary Mercedes-Benz race cars from the late 50s and the 60s, 70s and 80s. I am curious what they would come up with.

So, tomorrow's finally the day we'll probably get a classic original track back to the series, as chances are really high. At this point, I think everyone agrees that Grand Valley, Mid-Field or Apricot Hill are the three most anticipated tracks to return, at least by now. Sure it could be other tracks as well, but these three are definitely the most likely ones.

With that said, it's the last chance to guess the location of these tracks. I'll stick with Japan for Grand Valley and Mid-Field, then Europe for Apricot Hill, possibly in Spain.

So, tomorrow's finally the day we'll probably get a classic original track back to the series, as chances are really high. At this point, I think everyone agrees that Grand Valley, Mid-Field or Apricot Hill are the three most anticipated tracks to return, at least by now. Sure it could be other tracks as well, but these three are definitely the most likely ones.

With that said, it's the last chance to guess the location of these tracks. I'll stick with Japan for Grand Valley and Mid-Field, then Europe for Apricot Hill, possibly in Spain.
I like the positivity. But only the pattern seems to be indicating this.

I hope it is Grand Valley, it was a standard track on GT5 and 6, and looked bad, PS2-like. Apricot Hill and Mid-field Raceway were remade for GT6, so they are much more likely to come.

My bet is:
  1. Apricot Hill (Showed up as a silhouette on trailers, was remade)
  2. Midfield Raceway (Looks good TO THIS DAY!)
  3. Grand Valley (I hope it is this one, but I doubt)
  4. none
For locations, Grand Valley seems to be american, Mid-Field too. Apricot Hill would look to be in switzerland, like Deep Forest

I hope it is Grand Valley, it was a standard track on GT5 and 6, and looked bad, PS2-like. Apricot Hill and Mid-field Raceway were remade for GT6, so they are much more likely to come.

My bet is:
  4. none
For locations, Grand Valley seems to be american, Mid-Field too. Apricot Hill would look to be in switzerland, like Deep Forest
Well, you all forgot the fourth car.
This breaks the Constance of the last updates.
So guys prepare to be disappoint.
Four cars show up and that’s it.
I can Kaz see smile when I write this.

Last edited:

My bet is:
  4. none
There‘s a Best Motoring video I posted a while ago(it’s since been private), that showed a similar track to Mid-Field. It has the same characteristics in turns and tunnels. The layout, on paper looked different, but Mid-field definitely looked inspired by that track in Japan. I’ve been looking through Best Motoring videos to find that race again(it was a grid of 1st-gen NSXs), with no luck.

Not all forms of motor racing were banned until 2018. That was in the immediate aftermath of the accident but soon other forms of motor racing resumed (notably rallying and hillclimb) and only closed circuit racing remained banned.
More lore for universe building: the 1955 Le Mans crash prompted Mercedes-Benz to retire from racing until 1989. So maybe the devs at PD can create some imaginary Mercedes-Benz race cars from the late 50s and the 60s, 70s and 80s. I am curious what they would come up with.
There weren't official factory racing activities for Mercedes Benz until the late 80s but there were a bunch of Mercedes racing cars, with various degrees of works support since the sixties, notably some of them from AMG or who can forget the 450SLC rally car.
They also partnered with Sauber since 1985 and about the same time they started working seriously with AMG with the 190E touring car to DTM.
PD doesn't need to be much creative, already has the AMG 300 6.3 SEC from that period in the game and isn't a fictional car at all.

Last edited:
Back