Returning to Gran Turismo & GTPlanet after 5 year hiatus – what do I need to know?

• Thread starter Schwadegan
  • 38 comments
Cheers for the input everyone, a lot of useful stuff for sure! đź‘Ť

Oh, and also - in case you did not know - this game has monthly significant and free content drops.
Haha yeah, I noticed the 47gb update... That's nice though!

Car upgrades and tuning are useless in Sport Mode races, as the cars get "Performance Balanced", which means they get a previously calculated Power and Weight to each car and the settings are locked to default.
Wait, so custom gear ratios, suspension settings etc. do not carry over to online? I get the increase in bhp might not (it worked somewhat on the PS3, but if they cut it I can't blame them).

Wait, so custom gear ratios, suspension settings etc. do not carry over to online? I get the increase in bhp might not (it worked somewhat on the PS3, but if they cut it I can't blame them).
They will in open lobby if BOP isn't on, if it is it resets to those settings. All sport mode races currently prohibit tuning.

They will in open lobby if BOP isn't on, if it is it resets to those settings. All sport mode races currently prohibit tuning.

In Sport mode, yes, the settings are fixed. However, in online lobbies, you can have BoP on but still allow tuning of the suspension, diff, aero, and gears.

Also, to get your car collection up, it helps at first to ensure you drive 26.1 miles each day as you get a free car with every daily marathon. You wont get expensive cars this way, but you can win anything up to 1m with luck, which will save you a lot of credits most likely. Be prepared to end up with lots of duplicates eventually though...!

You can get expensive cars from the daily bonus, it's just rare. I've received two of the 20 mil cars this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get expensive cars from the daily bonus, it's just rare. I've received two of the 20 mil cars this way.

But that is no longer the case tho.
Unicorn cars could only be won when they came out.

Last expensive car i won was the Shelby Cobra 427

p78
But that is no longer the case tho.
Unicorn cars could only be won when they came out.

Last expensive car i won was the Shelby Cobra 427

Unless you have verifiable proof of that, that is not the case. Just because you haven't received one (lately), doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Well, we (gtp community) did two or three months of logging which cars were won on daily spin. There were none worth 20 million.

It's important to note they're not like the old Photo Travel locations you might remember from the older games, where you could actually move the camera. These are straight photographs, not modelled recreations of real-world locations. They're 3D-mapped so that a game car can be placed and reflect the lighting of the shot, but you won't be able to move the camera. This leads to a lot of deja vu if you venture into the Photo Mode sub-forum here, but on the flip side, it's now even easier to fool non-players with your shots. :D
On the upside, because of the Scapes much lighter processing resouce nature, PD can do this in the dealership/brand central and garage:

Unless you have verifiable proof of that, that is not the case. Just because you haven't received one (lately), doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
You can't prove a negative...

However, no-one's received one and posted about it in the Daily Workout Gift thread, and despite three months of people logging their cars every day in dedicated threads with over 6,000 gifts logged, no-one received a car over 10m credits there either. It just seems like they're no longer on the list from which the Roulette draws its prize cars (although they do still appear on the Roulette as unwinnable filler).

Latest Posts

Back