Revenge is sweet!

• Thread starter Mr Satay
  • 32 comments
Australia
Australia
S1CKO666
Sadly I forgot to save the replay but I can explain this as best I can.

Racing tonight in the Manufacturers Series at Autodrome Lago Maggiore (West) and I start from pole position in the Ferrari. 2nd place is a BMW M6 and he is right behind me after a couple of laps, we are well clear of the rest of the pack, its a fight between us now. We chop and change positions a couple of times, a bit of contact but nothing out of the ordinary, game on.

Sadly going into the hairpin the BMW decides to slam right into the back of me, no penalty. I gather myself out of the gravel and Im now 4 seconds behind the BMW. Its a 17 lap race and I pit on lap 8, I always go for the undercut as generally most of the time it works unless I get a heap of traffic.

The BMW pits next lap, Im flying down the main straight as the BMW exits the pits and we are side by side into turn 1, but Im still pissed at his move into the hairpin so I nudge him slightly into turn 2, he goes on the grass, I serve a 3 second penalty and Im still 3 seconds ahead. Thats what you get for playing smart.

Better yet, I gain a 6 second lead with 2 laps to go then realize Im almost out of fuel, I save save save, but its not enough, out of the last corner on the last lap I run out of fuel and he is right behind me, so what does he do? He gives me a nudge and I cross the line in 1st place 2 tenths of a second ahead, awwww yeah.

Last edited:
A random story about revenge

One time this kid rammed me in the corner. I was pissed, so I messaged him. He said it was revenge for taking him out, except I never had. After checking out the replay, he realized he took out revenge on the wrong driver...

Be careful with who you take revenge on kiddos.

Last edited:
I had someone hassle me during a race and then message me afterwards, telling me off because I rammed him and ruined a clean race. I happened to have the replay, so I went back to check it. He was rammed by a gray AMG, but I was driving a blue M4. He was confusing "gray car" with "LordGrey". :confused:

A random story about revenge

One time this kid rammed me in the corner. I messaged him after the race bc I was pissed and he said it was revenge for taking him out, except I never had. After checking out the replay, he realized he took out revenge on the wrong driver.

Be careful with who you take revenge on kiddos.

I'm fairly certain that the people taking me out in races are doing it out of "revenge". Revenge for asserting a lead line, revenge for taking the apex when they can't hold the inside, revenge for making them drive on the rumble strip when they trail me side by side. To some extent I think most abusive drivers think they're being the hero.

Random fact about revenge: It's ****.

Don't do it.

Exactly, should be at least a week ban from sport mode for anyone doing it.

I've seen people exact "revenge" many times and often they take it out on the wrong driver or carry it out for something that was their fault in the first place. It also ends up with completely innocent people being caught up in it too.

^ That happened to me once, getting hit by someone trying to get someonelse, I just laughed and when the race was over I was like you got the wrong guy lmao.

Let it go

21468F00-4DE6-4ADB-84CC-2F3990589411.jpeg
Why did you hit that orange BMW/Merc at the hairpin at Suzuka again? ;)

''Revenge is never fulfilling. It kills and poisons the soul.''
I’m a fighter. I believe in the eye-for-an-eye business. I’m no cheek turner. I got no respect for a man who won’t hit back. You kill my dog, you better hide your cat.
—Muhammad Ali:sly:

I agree revenge should be avoided but sometimes too much bumps and pushes from a driver that don’t accept you taking his position that in the heat of the moment you just see red and press the F*it button...

I can accept on minor bump or two but sometimes, very few ones, I do take some revenge... I’m not proud of it specially when it it involves somebody that has nothing to do with the “fight”, like this time

It was a few weeks ago on a Gr4 race in Yamagiwa.
1st lap, I am second right behind first.
At 0:36 I pass him at the entrance of the turn and gave him enough space to actually do the turn and get more speed than me as I was taking the inside and didn’t went wide.
0:42 he went inside and bumped me, I thought was his mistake.
0:56 it doesn’t show but I managed to avoid his dive bomb
1:10 he hits me again on the braking line of the hairpin, I managed to save it but at 1:15 he went wide and tried to push me out.
At 1:24 he bumped me again on the chicane, this time harder, I went to the wall but managed to get on track.
1:35 was my turn to hit him...
I regret doing it just because I also hit the other driver and screw his race....
I then later apologized, he understood why, and we are friends now and been doing some clean races together... as the fighter I saw him again...

I am not proud of this moment at all....

I actually laughed out loud at this:tup:👍
I am normally silent when racing whether in a video game or in person.

After seeing this a while ago, next race in May, I will make sure to start calling out nemisises in a manner only a death metal singer would be proud of :-)... hopefully I will not bin it whilst a reenactment occurs;-)

After a sport race some guy wrote in the chat a message toward me with some choice language. When the next race loaded up, he immediately wrote sorry and I was the wrong guy.

I see racing a lot like poker. There is an ideal objective performance that you are aiming for. In poker, it is the math. In racing it’s the line.

Anything that causes you to deviate from that performance is due to your lack of ability. You are not a good poker player who went on tilt and you’re not a good racer who lost control. You’re just a bad poker player and a bad driver.

Getting bumped off by someone give you licence to do likewise. Love it or have it them the rules in the bible (and any other literature it is stated within).

Yesterday on race B, yamagiwa I pulled and was passing a guy to my left, and as I'm pulling ahead I start getting tapped. 5 times. Now this is the start-finish straight and theres no where for me to go but the wall on the right. So rather than get bumped off (which would happen anytime now) I lifted off and let him go ahead. On the first corner he goes wide and I'm able to pass him cleanly on the inside. Next right-left he bumps me off and carries on his merry way. i lose 2 places.

I should have divebombed and nudged him off on the first corner instead of taking the inside cleanly. Revenge would have been sweet.

Back