Review my Honda Integra and NSX setup please! :)

Both of these cars are what I consider a "sport tune". I always wanted people to give me feedback on my cars so I can become a better tuner and learn a few tips along the way. I also want to see how my cars compare to the other tuners set-up and fun factor. I have a 99 Integra Type R and a 02 NSX R. So if your having a boring day feel free to try out both of my cars and leave a feedback. :)

1999 Honda Integra Type R(DC2)

277Hp
Exhaust
Racing
Racing Chip
Sport
Engine
Stage 2 NA
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Tires
S3
Brakes
Racing
Transmission
Close
Clutch
Sports
Flywheel
Semi-racing
Suspension
Original
Spring rates F12 R4
Ride Height F90 R90
Shock Absorbers F3 R6
Camber F1.8 R 1.8
Toe Angle F-1 R-2
Stabilizers F2 R7
LSD
1-way
Weight Reduction
Stage 2
Refresh Chassis
Yes!
Wheels
Yokohama 025

Notes

Add wing and set it to 30/30. Drive on any track for a few laps. Then go back to remove the wing. The car grips better like this for some reason. wierd. Oil change and car wash. No driving aids.
2002 Honda NSX Type R

417Hp
Exhaust
Racing
Racing Chip
Sport
Engine
Stage 2 NA
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Tires
S3
Brakes
Racing
Transmission
Close
Clutch
Sport
Flywheel
Semi-racing
Suspension
Racing
Spring rates F13 R11
Ride Height F95 R95
Shock Bound F8 R8
Shock Rebound F8 R8
Camber F2.5 R 2.5
Toe Angle F-2 R-1
Stabilizers F2 R6
LSD
1-way
Weight Reduction
Stage 2
Downforce
F15 R15
Wheels
Rays 023

Notes
No driving Aids.

Last edited:
I actually will do this when I get a chance. Kinda missing reviewing cars of others, I guess. :indiff:

Anyways, I'll look into these tomorrow. Any particular track or tracks you think I should drive on?

I've not tried them either, but the shocks look awfully stiff on the NSX. In my (limited) experience tuning that car, body roll and weight shifting were vital for turning and stability. I'm not at the PS2 so can't suggest any numbers, but I use a template of 2/6 and 6/6 bound and rebound for RWD cars, but this varies massively, especially with mid-engine cars.

Anyway, Parnelli should be able to sort you out. I've not seen any of his tunes, but he's a great driver and a truly brilliant reviewer (check out his work judging TCv5).

PF
I've not tried them either, but the shocks look awfully stiff on the NSX.

Yea, I had a feeling the shocks were a lil to stiff. The car does oversteer a bit but I find it really easy to drive. More of a point and shoot car. I always have a hard time tuning the bound and rebound. Whats the rule of thumb for tuning that area?

Anyways, I'll look into these tomorrow. Any particular track or tracks you think I should drive on?

I have been tuning the cars on El Capitan and tsukuba but both cars should work on any track. Only downfall is the cars have a limited top speed so the ring and other courses with long staight aways are very frustrating.

^^aww shucks, PF. :embarrassed:

^That's a good idea, mafs. I'll definately try the "ring, but also a couple other tracks, since this isn't an official contest. 💡 Any ideas, creator of this thread?

Haha I am confident in the nsx-r even though its kinda stiff for that track. The dc2 was able to run a 7:49 at the ring. Dont know if its average or below average against cars the same spec as mine. Give it a shot and lets see how it goes. :)

Haha I am confident in the nsx-r even though its kinda stiff for that track. The dc2 was able to run a 7:49 at the ring. Dont know if its average or below average against cars the same spec as mine. Give it a shot and lets see how it goes. :)

Right. So I'll do the Ring, El Capitan, and Tsukuba. Good mixture of tracks.

PF: I'm not really a tuner per se. Depending on the car, a typical Parnelli "tune" will be either on a sport or semi-racing suspension, with a fixed differential & tranny (so..1-way, 1.5, or 2-way, assming there is a diff installed at all + a stock or close tranny). Single or twin clutch, with a stock, sport, or semi-racing flywheel. Brakes will be done without a balancer, although I do often install those racing brakes for most events outside of the BEginner's League.

I actually never sit around tuning cars like you guys do...I'm all about the sim races. I rarely do full-custom tunes for pedestrian cars...one of the only exceptions would be for the Pro-level Tuner races or whatever they're called.

Last edited:
Right. So I'll do the Ring...any other tracks you have in mind, tho? Which track did you tune these for, or are they just a general all-size-fits-all sort of tune?

That was the idea I had in mind. I wanted to tune the car so it could handle any courses well. I tuned the car on El capitan and tsukuba but it should do well on any courses that doesnt have a very high top speed.

That was the idea I had in mind. I wanted to tune the car so it could handle any courses well. I tuned the car on El capitan and tsukuba but it should do well on any courses that doesnt have a very high top speed.

I just noticed you had Tsukuba and El Capitan listed as well as Nurburgring. Good mixture, that.

at a first glance, they seem to be alright. However, if you really want to get the best out of these two cars, you need to get FC LSD. I'd dare to say that you had some oversteer issues with the NSX, which would explain the spring rates and toe settings. It also seems that both cars don't have too much suspension travel left. The NSX's dampers can be improved which helps maintaining traction both front and rear. But, overall, you have the right idea with these two cars.

Oh, and what track was used to tune these cars? Since they're very low and relatively stiff, not to mention that moth have close transmission, I'd guess that some smooth track with shortish straights, like Motegi..

Only reason I didnt want to get the FC LSD was because I dont consider that a "sport tune". I just wanted to keep things simple. I tuned both cars on El Capitan and Tsukuba. Maybe I should have focus more on the bound, rebound, and ride height. How did the cars feel when it was on the track?

Last edited:
Sweet thanks man, I shall post my DC2 up later tonight when i get home.

But just a word of warning I'm a bit of a spanner in that i love to run my cars fully modded with super soft tires. Trying to best myself in my own private little super lap battles.

Yeah saw it on tv but i'm no stranger to the time attack concept from watching all those best motoring videos heh.

As promised here is my Honda Integra Type R DC2R '99

Super soft cheater slicks R5 front and rear

NA tuning Stage 3

Sports chip

Racing exhaust

Racing brakes

Brake controller set 4 front and 5 rear

Triple plate clutch

Racing flywheel

Downforce set at 30 front 20 rear

1 way LSD

Original suspension
Spring rates Front 10 Rear 6
Ride height Front 90 Rear 90
Shocks Front 8 Rear 8
Camber Front 1.5 Rear 2
Toe Front 3 Rear 1
Stabilizers Front 4 Rear 7

Full custom gearbox
Tranny trick first then ratios to
1st 2.950
2nd 2.155
3rd 1.650
4th 1.315
5th 1.105
6th 0.960
Final Drive 4.350

Chasis refresh

Weight lightening 3

Oil change

And there you haven't my very own full spec full tune.

Attachments

• IMG0000.jpg
    IMG0000.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Taking some tips to heart heh. I started with all the parts off and put them on one by one. Did some experimenting with the setup and noticed that so far this is the best tune i've ever done for the DC2R. :) TCV5 did teach me something, heh.

sure thing will do, the DC2 has my attention. i have an EG hatch similair to your DC2 it puts out 276 hp. btw check out my EK9 vs DC2 test/race in the GT4 Car Comparisson, happy tuning!

Taking some tips to heart heh. I started with all the parts off and put them on one by one. Did some experimenting with the setup and noticed that so far this is the best tune i've ever done for the DC2R. :) TCV5 did teach me something, heh.

Yea, that's pretty much how I usually do a full tune (when I actually fully tune, that is). I go piece by piece.

So was anyone able to have fun in my cars? lol

Not yet. If I don't get to them today, I'll certainly do so this weekend.

Not bad at all man, However I had just afew things! make sure you post all of the settings like Oil Changes, and Driving Aides.... I put those things on there on and took with off! I'm going to make a tune, with what you posted and change afew things. and see if the changes helps and I'll post it here to help you out

Hmmm, I think I found a glitched in the game. My memory card recently got corrupted so i made a new game. I bought another 99 dc2 and tuned it with the setting I wrote on the front page. I notice something very odd because I was getting 3 seconds off my usual time atEl Capitan. I chased my ghost from the old memory card and saw that my current dc2 handle no where near my old one. I put back on the wing and was able to drop my time by 1 second but still wasnt able to keep up with my old car. Took off the wing again and was now able to grip even better and post faster lap times then when the car had a wing. For example.

0.o slow 1.6 tuned ITR with no wing yet.

High 1:55-1:57

Tuned with wing 30/30

1:54

Removed wing back to oem

1:53, can possibly hit 1:52

Can everyone that drove my car try this out and see if I am just going crazy or did doing this actually made the DC2 handle better.

Also please post your times at El Capitan(normal) with my setup.

I've seen things happen somewhat like that before with my RX7...

And VTiRoj saw something odd with a Supra he had.

In his case, he had a Supra tuned for road courses that he wanted to shoot for 300mph with so naturally he simply removed the wing... Top speed changed none. He put the wing back on, verified (or reset?) the settings to zero, removed it and the car picked up as it should've.

In my case my RX7 didn't really like being wingless before I installed the wing but after installing and setting the wing, removing it lopped nearly a second off my times at Trial Mountain.

I have noticed this as well, but on trial mountain with the old Mitsubishi Mirage. By setting the wing to 30/20 and then removing it, my times dipped into the 1'38's for good, whereas with the wing, such times weren't possible for me to do. It would seem that this process allows you to get the effects of downforce without the bad looks for several cars.

Back