Revised Group 3 and 4 cars?

ScottPuss20

Pretty Kitty
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
ScottPuss20
CheetahsMeow
Most race cars get a facelift or update during their life, such as the Audi R8 GT3 and Mercedes AMG GT GT3. This usually happens in order for them to remain competitive in the category, and I feel like PD should do the same with their Group 3 and 4 machines. It would be nice to see updated versions of the Mazda 6, Corvette C7, Mustang, Genesis, 4C, Beetle, etc. It wouldn't take up a lot of resources and would make the game feel fresher still.

I like the Gr. 4 class because it's basically what the 'race modified' cars were in GT5 and look really close to the actual street version. (let's be honest, that's probably what they will become in GT7). The class is great as it is, and it's the only racing class in GTSport that feels both very complete, and authentic.

The Gr. 3 cars on the other hand is a bit of a mess in its current state. It's a mixture of real world GT3, GTE, concept cars, Gr.3 'road cars' with body kits, ect. It's just a bunch of filler. Same could be said for the Gr. 1 class, and it's inclusion of GT Vision cars with LMP1's.

With the return of Performance Points in GT7, I hope Gr. 4 becomes the soul racing class in GT7, and Gr. 3 and Gr. 1 fade away in favor of balancing provided by the returning Performance Points system.

There's no updated Genesis Coupe, but the G80 would probably have to replace both Gr.3/4.

Which makes it a bit of a problem for C7, Viper, both Meganes, Scirocco, RCZ, 458. Those models being discontinued and/or old designs.

The Lexus RC(350) have been updated in Super Taikyu:

Old
images - 2020-09-27T135606.793.jpeg

New
images - 2020-09-27T135540.738.jpeg

PD could update the GR.4 RC F. The current GT3 car still has the old front fascia.

GR.4 Supra can be updated to the official GT4 car. Extra cooling vents have been added to the nose, since it's 2019 debut at the Nurb24. The official GT4 debuted with just the new vented bonnet. GT4 customer cars were sold with the new nose as well.

Vantage, McLaren and AMG are all new models.

If they do make Gr. 3 EVO cars, I'm sure they are more than likely to have improved power, aerodynamics, reduced weight and maybe even a more aggressive design with newer liveries.

I don't think it's entirely necessary to have the latest models, unless they're notably different. For example, there are two Gr.2 cars that are based on the Nissan GT-R R35, but they're different enough in age and appearance (let alone the engine, suspension, etc.) that I'm not bothered.

Personally, I'd include more options for each automaker. So for Lamborghini, I'd add a Gallardo GT3 to compliment the Huracan GT3, and then for Lexus, I could see the LFA N24 being a good Gr.4 car. And I know Audi was mentioned in the OP - but instead of simply using a newer R8 LMS based on the second-gen R8, why not bring back the R8 LMS that was based on the first-gen R8? It could specifically be the yellow and blue Bilstein-sponsored one from GT6, with the extra headlamps in the grille, versus the two or three racing R8 LMS models that debuted in GT5.

I'd also be very curious to see if Super GT GT300 cars would be confirmed for Gr.3, as I'm not too sure about their power figures. But on the other hand, the made-for-game Gr.3 racers for Subaru and Mitsubishi have a striking resemblance to Super GT-outfitted cars, and BoP could somehow make GT300 cars viable in Gr.3. I think the aero kits on GT300 cars would be too good to put them into Gr.4, as well.

EDIT: I also do agree with getting rid of the GR Supra Gr.4 in GT Sport and replacing it with the actual GT4 car, unless they redo the Gr.4 car to include a more faithful interior that isn't just the same as the road-going A90.

Last edited:
I don't think it's entirely necessary to have the latest models, unless they're notably different. For example, there are two Gr.2 cars that are based on the Nissan GT-R R35, but they're different enough in age and appearance (let alone the engine, suspension, etc.) that I'm not bothered.

Personally, I'd include more options for each automaker. So for Lamborghini, I'd add a Gallardo GT3 to compliment the Huracan GT3, and then for Lexus, I could see the LFA N24 being a good Gr.4 car. And I know Audi was mentioned in the OP - but instead of simply using a newer R8 LMS based on the second-gen R8, why not bring back the R8 LMS that was based on the first-gen R8? It could specifically be the yellow and blue Bilstein-sponsored one from GT6, with the extra headlamps in the grille, versus the two or three racing R8 LMS models that debuted in GT5.

I'd also be very curious to see if Super GT GT300 cars would be confirmed for Gr.3, as I'm not too sure about their power figures. But on the other hand, the made-for-game Gr.3 racers for Subaru and Mitsubishi have a striking resemblance to Super GT-outfitted cars, and BoP could somehow make GT300 cars viable in Gr.3. I think the aero kits on GT300 cars would be too good to put them into Gr.4, as well.

EDIT: I also do agree with getting rid of the GR Supra Gr.4 in GT Sport and replacing it with the actual GT4 car, unless they redo the Gr.4 car to include a more faithful interior that isn't just the same as the road-going A90.
Same with the Gr.4 M4, replace that with the GT4 version, and replace the Corvette Gr.4 with the Camaro GT4

There is a problem with including the older cars. Their overall performance is weaker.

In real life, Australian GT have a separate series for the older GT3 cars. They just cannot compete with the new models. Sure, some of it has to do with manufacturers recommending customers race the new cars. EVO cars are updated to match completely new competition.

We know PD's BOP isn't the best. We also know what it looks like to group a GTLM car in a GT3 category. If PD stick to the one Gr.3 class, I'd prefer all new and EVO models, over bringing back older cars.

As for GR.4, in real life, the Maserati GranTurismo GT4 is old. It still competes in European GT4. The overall series are based on production cars with not much aero dependence. Performance usually comes from Suspension set up and how the car uses its Tyres.
I don't know how much quicker the new 718 Cayman GT4 '20 is over the Cayman GT4 '16. I do remember a 911 Cup car ran alongside the Cayman GT4 in the European GT4 Series.

I understand Gran Turismo 7 looks to bring back car collecting. I'm fine with that. The more choices for players the better. Just hoping we're not back to a META situation like the current game, when it comes to Sport Mode(even though numbers show majority of players don't play online).

I've unable to find the specifications, but power rating wise I think the LFA N24 seems more of a Gr.3 car.

Modern JAF GT300 cars have around 450-550 HP IIRC. I've always fought for the GT300 BRZ as a Gr.3 car anyway.

From what we know about manufacturers choosing which cars they want promoted in GT, I reckon PD won't have a choice but to build the "proper" GT4 cars.

They've all been available since 2017/2018. All brands are in GT Sport:

- Alpine
- Aston Martin
- Audi
- BMW
- Chevrolet
- Ford
- KTM
- Maserati
- McLaren
- AMG
- Porsche
- Toyota

Ginetta is also represented in GT4, but we don't know if it's a returning brand.
Jaguar are also represented by an independent builder, in the British GT GT4 class.

PD could still do a Manufacturers Cup with only these brands. The same way Bugatti is a Gr.4, but no GR.3 available. It would keep the racing closer with no AWD and FF cars.

GR.3 seem like the bread & butter of these FIA events. The cars can stay as is since they all are RWD. I just don't see PD reworking the current Gr.4 cars, to be RWD only.

GT300-specific cars would fit right in to Gr.3, seeing as they're balanced to race against FIA GT3s.

I've unable to find the specifications, but power rating wise I think the LFA N24 seems more of a Gr.3 car.
Toyota was working on an LFA GTE car, so I'd imagine the N24 car is similar to that, which would also fit in Gr.3.

Broken record time. Revise it to RWD only for both groups. It's already RWD only for GR.3. GR.4 need to confirm to GT4 regulations.

Th Gr.4 FF cars are obsolete. This opens the series to start fresh in Gran Turismo 7.
They could just add a TCR class and move those annoying things into it....

I'm fine to snip the from driveshafts if that's the case. Or PD allow 100% FWD & RWD torque splits for AWD cars.
Separation of FF/AWD Gr.4 is definitely needed.

GT7 needs TCR so the front-drive cars can have their own competition, instead of going up against 4WD and RWD cars. However I think that 4WD should be outlawed for Group 4 as none have it in real life. We need to minimise the amount of drivetrains to even up the competition.
Do you think it's possible that TCR cars could fit into Gr.4, hypothetically speaking?

Do you think it's possible that TCR cars could fit into Gr.4, hypothetically speaking?
If you're okay with the BoP issues we currently have with the FF Group 4 cars, then sure. The raw pace of the cars are close enough, it's just they're hard to impossible to balance in a videogame.

If we get rid of FF/4WD cars in Gr.4, what replaces which? Remember, the only reason the NSX Gr.4 had a drivetrain swap was to remove the car's hybrid systems. Right now, it's looking like this:

TT Cup -> R8 GT4
Huracan Gr.4 -> drivetrain swap?
Atenza Gr.4 -> Roadster-based car?
Lancer Evo FE -> ? (Mitsubishi doesn't currently make a modern sports car now, let alone a RWD car; drivetrain delete for this car feels wrong)
GT-R Gr.4 -> 370Z GT4/new Z Proto-based car?
RCZ Gr.4 -> ? (does Peugeot even make a modern rear-wheel drive car?)
Megane Gr.4 -> Megane Trophy (already a controversial car)
WRX Gr.4 -> BRZ Gr.4 (rebadged 86 Gr.4, would get accused immediately of being a dupe)
Scirocco Gr.4 -> ? (see Peugeot)

Or are we going to a situation where manufacturers without capable RWD vehicles in Gr.4 are expelled?

Last edited:
While I am gonna wait until actual new trailers arrive and not expect anything different from PD, there is an overwhelmingly strong case for GR.3 And GR.4 to be redone so here's my take regarding the Manufacturers present:

Alfa Romeo: Either replace the 4C with the Giulia (If its even possible to make a GR.3 version of the Giulia, but then again we had the RCZ and Beetle..) or just don't have the Manufacturer anymore. As nice as the 4C is to look at, its old.

Aston Martin: Well what else needs to be said really? The New GT3 and GT4 Vantage do exist so replace both cars.

Audi: Obviously, one of several cars where its painfully obvious the older car is well overdue to be replaced by the EVO. Likewise, it's time for TT Cup to go (Perhaps not entirely away, but just out of GR.4) and time for the R8 GT4 LMS to replace it.

BMW: While technically the only car not entirely out of date and even still competitive, the BMW M6 GT3 is pretty much on it's way out in real life as the M4 GT3 will soon replace it (Depending on how the financial situation of the pandemic goes) so that naturally means the M4 GT3 should be the natural replacement for GR.3. Think it's a broken record at this point, but the BMW M4 GT4 should naturally replace the M4 GR.4. It's basically the same thing with only the rear wing and hood being the big difference.

Chevrolet: Kind of a tricky one this is for GR.3. On one hand, the Corvette GT3-R would be an actual GT3 Corvette racing against other actual GT3 cars (I believe it is technically a globally homologated GT3, just doesn't race anywhere else but Europe usually) and we don't get more then one GTE car in a class that mimics GT3 (Unless you're roleplaying the Nurburgring 24 or the 24H series, then pretend its just SP9 and SPX). On the other hand, the C8 is the biggest talking point right now and between GM wanting to always showcase the latest thing and the People wanting an actual Corvette Racing car and not another fictional, we would likely have to settle for another GTE car mixed with GT3s. Either way, The C7 GR.3 (like most of the GR.3 class) is beyond old news really. As for GR.4, simple: Camaro GT4.R replaces C7 GR.4 doesn't get any simpler then that and I don't really feel like it'll be missed.

Citroen: No point in having them anymore as the GT by Citroen is outdated as is the GR.4 car and the company literally makes nothing remotely fit for either category so removing them would be better. Even PSA don't do much with them in racing anymore at the moment so PD should take the hint.

Dodge: Even as an old Viper Fanboy, I think the brand is better off gone. Realistically, only the most hardcore fans use it or the GR.4 anymore and being realistic, What is there to even replace it?

Ferrari: 488 GT3 Evo for GR.3, period. Likewise, a 488 replacement for GR.4. Nothing else to be said really.

Ford: This is actually an interesting situation. What direction should be taken here, A facelifted Ford Mustang GR.3 car with a matching GR.4 car (Yes I know there is a Mustang GT4 out there, but its not based on the facelift), or have the Ford GT GTE? It wouldn't be the first time a Manufacturer has had multiple entries (Look at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Volkswagen and Peugeot) and people would finally have the GTE like they have been wanting, even though its not racing anymore (Because Ford being Ford).

Honda: Replace this brand with Acura and give us the actual NSX GT3 Evo for GR.3. Even when this car races oversees, its literally just a badge change of the same car made by HPD in the US. GR.4 can either have that car rebadged as an Acura or have the TLX as a GR.4 replacement (maybe even based on the TLX type S Pikes Peak car).

Hyundai: Another brand that needs to be gotten rid of from Manufacturers series. The game came out literally months after production of the Genesis ended so its absolutely dated and the brand has nothing remotely close to replacing is. Only other option I could see is replacing it with the Genesis brand (and use the G70 as I feel that is much closer in form to the old Genesis Coupe).

Jaguar: Not much to it other then update both cars to the new 2021 Facelift. Might be a good opportunity to do some interesting tweaks to the aero as well.

Lamborghini: Just like with Audi and Ferrari, bring the EVO for GR.3. GR.4 car can just be replaced with the Facelift version with a proper drivetrain swap.

Lexus: Obviously the GT3 car is still competing so nothing other then using the latest car I guess until Lexus actually has some sort of evo package in line for it. GR.4 however, they can easily base it off the 2021 RC F or even the RC F Track Edition.

Mazda: RX-Vision GT3 Concept for GR.3 and perhaps replace the much heavier Mazda Atenza with the Mazda 3 for GR.4. That would be my idea anyway.

Mclaren: 720S GT3 for GR.3 and 570S GT4 for GR.4, done and dusted.

Mercedes: EVO for GR.3 and AMG GT4 for GR.4. Again, done and dusted.

Mitsubishi: Remove it, competes with a long killed off car and it has no viable replacement.

Nissan: As much as this is a Brand I feel barely cares about racing anymore, its way past due for a replacement to Kaz's GT3 car from the 2013 Nurburgring 24 with the current GT3 car. GR.4 is fine I guess, just swap out the drive train.

Peugeot: Another brand that is better off not in the Manufacturers Series, no replacements remotely exist and the car being used is beyond dead.

Porsche: 911 GT3R and 718 Cayman GT4 for GR.3 and GR.4, simple.

Renault Sport: Get rid of. Its inclusion in the Manufacturer Series period is just too controversial with not only a car thats only "GT3" in performance (Nothing more then a detuned version of the original) and both GR.4 cars are beyond hilariously placed (FF car being too OP depending on BOP and do I really need to point out the issue with a MR Silhouette car in a class with actual production based cars?)

Subaru: WRX for the current model doesn't seem all that different so GR.3 car is alright for now. I would also possibly suggest the BRZ GT300 if possible as that is something that is actually BOP'd against GT3 cars. GR.4 though, BRZ. Yes its effectively another 86 in GR.4 but read what I have in mind for Toyota and this makes more sense.

Toyota: Perhaps a updated version of the Racing Concept is in order for GR.3. GR.4 though, just get the actual GT4 car. All that needs to be done.

Volkswagen: Kick to the Curb. GR.3 choices make no sense anymore and again, GR.4 doesn't need any FFs.

Again, I don't expect PD to Do ANY of this but its just my thoughts.

There are plenty brands in TCR. The FF cars get replaced with those.

Removing FF from GR.4, still leaves plenty to choose from.

Huracan already came in RWD form with the Balboni special edition. That's easy.

The Roadster could be used, as there has been a Fiat 124 GT4-based prototype, testing at Monza.

PD could bring back the GTO RM from past games. Doesn't make sense, but it's an option. I'd still go with disabling the front diff on the EVO.

A Z-car could replace the GT-R. PD already modelled the GT Academy cars from years ago. The new Z may have already been modelled for Gran Turismo 7.

Peugeot have the 308 TCR to replace the RCZ as an FF racer. They've also got a big sedan. That could get the treatment like the Lexus CCS-R.

Renault also have a new TCR(Developed by Garry Rogers Motorsport). That should replace the Gr.4 FF.
Renault have the Fluence that could be used.
images - 2020-10-12T214810.233.jpeg

BTCC had a RWD Subaru wagon. Like the EVO, disable the front driveshaft. Plus, there's a new 86/BRZ coming next year. Perfect time to use that for Subaru. Wouldn't be a dupe because there's the real Supra GT4 to take the 86's place.

VW could use the Passat in RWD form.
The Golf TCR would surely replace the aged/obsolete Scirocco.

Last edited:
The Gr. 3 cars on the other hand is a bit of a mess in its current state. It's a mixture of real world GT3, GTE, concept

At the same time I feel as though the GR.4 class(as it stands) does not actually know what it's identity is. With the mix of 4WD cars, saloons, supercars, and Fwd cars I'd also call the gr.4 class a bit of a mess. It would be good to have the classes renamed to represent official racing series, Touring cars, cup cars, TWC, GT4 and GT3 etc. The GR cars may have to keep their GR prefix but that wouldn't be a problem, as they will be treated as representatives of that class.

If GTS' GR.4 class were to actually represent a GT4 like class in GT7, cars not of the 2 door RWD build, would be properly categorized meaning it would reduce the number of cars we are used to seeing in it. But I am optimistic about PD's respurces for GT7's car pool, and their creativity.

Yes I'll always give PD an A* for creativity, the 4c GR.4 and GR.3 cars are Just awesome, lets not forget the Mustang and the F Type GR.3. ,

Speaking of the F-type and in relation to this thread, would be amazing to see the addition of the 2021 face lift F-type versions of the GR.4 and GR.3 cars:drool:

Well, in sport, some of the cars that aren't competitive in gr.1 yet look like they should got moved to gr.3
So uncompetitive gt3 cars would probably be moved to gr.4

Oh, and The 458 Challenge could be a gr.4 car, if it's added.

I definitely hope that Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 are updated for GT7 since a lot of cars currently in these classes now have been replaced/have real-world variants now. I've actually been thinking a lot about this, and it seems that people here have similar thoughts.

I'd rather they sit in their own category rather than being shoehorned into Group 4.

Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about revising Gr. 4, and splitting it where the FF cars get their own sub-class, so there could be a Gr. 4A which is all of the Gr. 4 cars minus the FFs (and possibly converting the AWD cars now to RWD), and Gr. 4B which will be the current FF Gr. 4 cars. This would open up Gr. 4A to use updated offerings such as the Audi R8 GT4 and give a new-subclass where cars like the Civic Type R TCR and the Veloster N TCR can be introduced.

While I am gonna wait until actual new trailers arrive and not expect anything different from PD, there is an overwhelmingly strong case for GR.3 And GR.4 to be redone so here's my take regarding the Manufacturers present:

Alfa Romeo: Either replace the 4C with the Giulia (If its even possible to make a GR.3 version of the Giulia, but then again we had the RCZ and Beetle..) or just don't have the Manufacturer anymore. As nice as the 4C is to look at, its old.

Aston Martin: Well what else needs to be said really? The New GT3 and GT4 Vantage do exist so replace both cars.

Audi: Obviously, one of several cars where its painfully obvious the older car is well overdue to be replaced by the EVO. Likewise, it's time for TT Cup to go (Perhaps not entirely away, but just out of GR.4) and time for the R8 GT4 LMS to replace it.

BMW: While technically the only car not entirely out of date and even still competitive, the BMW M6 GT3 is pretty much on it's way out in real life as the M4 GT3 will soon replace it (Depending on how the financial situation of the pandemic goes) so that naturally means the M4 GT3 should be the natural replacement for GR.3. Think it's a broken record at this point, but the BMW M4 GT4 should naturally replace the M4 GR.4. It's basically the same thing with only the rear wing and hood being the big difference.

Chevrolet: Kind of a tricky one this is for GR.3. On one hand, the Corvette GT3-R would be an actual GT3 Corvette racing against other actual GT3 cars (I believe it is technically a globally homologated GT3, just doesn't race anywhere else but Europe usually) and we don't get more then one GTE car in a class that mimics GT3 (Unless you're roleplaying the Nurburgring 24 or the 24H series, then pretend its just SP9 and SPX). On the other hand, the C8 is the biggest talking point right now and between GM wanting to always showcase the latest thing and the People wanting an actual Corvette Racing car and not another fictional, we would likely have to settle for another GTE car mixed with GT3s. Either way, The C7 GR.3 (like most of the GR.3 class) is beyond old news really. As for GR.4, simple: Camaro GT4.R replaces C7 GR.4 doesn't get any simpler then that and I don't really feel like it'll be missed.

Citroen: No point in having them anymore as the GT by Citroen is outdated as is the GR.4 car and the company literally makes nothing remotely fit for either category so removing them would be better. Even PSA don't do much with them in racing anymore at the moment so PD should take the hint.

Dodge: Even as an old Viper Fanboy, I think the brand is better off gone. Realistically, only the most hardcore fans use it or the GR.4 anymore and being realistic, What is there to even replace it?

Ferrari: 488 GT3 Evo for GR.3, period. Likewise, a 488 replacement for GR.4. Nothing else to be said really.

Ford: This is actually an interesting situation. What direction should be taken here, A facelifted Ford Mustang GR.3 car with a matching GR.4 car (Yes I know there is a Mustang GT4 out there, but its not based on the facelift), or have the Ford GT GTE? It wouldn't be the first time a Manufacturer has had multiple entries (Look at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Volkswagen and Peugeot) and people would finally have the GTE like they have been wanting, even though its not racing anymore (Because Ford being Ford).

Honda: Replace this brand with Acura and give us the actual NSX GT3 Evo for GR.3. Even when this car races oversees, its literally just a badge change of the same car made by HPD in the US. GR.4 can either have that car rebadged as an Acura or have the TLX as a GR.4 replacement (maybe even based on the TLX type S Pikes Peak car).

Hyundai: Another brand that needs to be gotten rid of from Manufacturers series. The game came out literally months after production of the Genesis ended so its absolutely dated and the brand has nothing remotely close to replacing is. Only other option I could see is replacing it with the Genesis brand (and use the G70 as I feel that is much closer in form to the old Genesis Coupe).

Jaguar: Not much to it other then update both cars to the new 2021 Facelift. Might be a good opportunity to do some interesting tweaks to the aero as well.

Lamborghini: Just like with Audi and Ferrari, bring the EVO for GR.3. GR.4 car can just be replaced with the Facelift version with a proper drivetrain swap.

Lexus: Obviously the GT3 car is still competing so nothing other then using the latest car I guess until Lexus actually has some sort of evo package in line for it. GR.4 however, they can easily base it off the 2021 RC F or even the RC F Track Edition.

Mazda: RX-Vision GT3 Concept for GR.3 and perhaps replace the much heavier Mazda Atenza with the Mazda 3 for GR.4. That would be my idea anyway.

Mclaren: 720S GT3 for GR.3 and 570S GT4 for GR.4, done and dusted.

Mercedes: EVO for GR.3 and AMG GT4 for GR.4. Again, done and dusted.

Mitsubishi: Remove it, competes with a long killed off car and it has no viable replacement.

Nissan: As much as this is a Brand I feel barely cares about racing anymore, its way past due for a replacement to Kaz's GT3 car from the 2013 Nurburgring 24 with the current GT3 car. GR.4 is fine I guess, just swap out the drive train.

Peugeot: Another brand that is better off not in the Manufacturers Series, no replacements remotely exist and the car being used is beyond dead.

Porsche: 911 GT3R and 718 Cayman GT4 for GR.3 and GR.4, simple.

Renault Sport: Get rid of. Its inclusion in the Manufacturer Series period is just too controversial with not only a car thats only "GT3" in performance (Nothing more then a detuned version of the original) and both GR.4 cars are beyond hilariously placed (FF car being too OP depending on BOP and do I really need to point out the issue with a MR Silhouette car in a class with actual production based cars?)

Subaru: WRX for the current model doesn't seem all that different so GR.3 car is alright for now. I would also possibly suggest the BRZ GT300 if possible as that is something that is actually BOP'd against GT3 cars. GR.4 though, BRZ. Yes its effectively another 86 in GR.4 but read what I have in mind for Toyota and this makes more sense.

Toyota: Perhaps a updated version of the Racing Concept is in order for GR.3. GR.4 though, just get the actual GT4 car. All that needs to be done.

Volkswagen: Kick to the Curb. GR.3 choices make no sense anymore and again, GR.4 doesn't need any FFs.

Again, I don't expect PD to Do ANY of this but its just my thoughts.

I have similar thinking to yours, with the updates/replacements having priority tiers:

High priority: New cars have been introduced in the real world that would add to variety and keep the game up-to-date:

Alpine: Add in the Alpine A110 GT4 for Gr. 4.

Aston Martin
: Add in the new GT3 and GT4 Vantage

Audi: Add in the R8 GT4, and if Gr. 4 does get split in the manner I suggested above, this will replace the TT Cup. Otherwise, it will be another Gr, 4 option.

Bentley: I'm assuming licensing is an issue which is why it hasn't shown up in GT Sport, but adding in the Continental GT3 would be a no-brainer if possible, and a fictional Continental Gr. 4 car could be made.

BMW: Even though it'll be "out-of-date" soon, adding in the M8 GT3 would add variety. And of course, adding in its successor the M4 GT3 would be necessary.

Chevrolet: Add in either the C8.R or make a fictional C8 Gr. 3 car, since PD seems to have a hard time getting the rights to the proper Corvette GT3 car since the last one seen was the C5.R. Similarly, add in the Camaro GT4.R or make a fictional Camaro Gr. 4 car. I wonder if Pratt and Miller and PD can't come to an agreement?

Ferrari: Agreed, 488 GT3 Evo for GR.3 and a 488 Gr. 4, which I was surprised wasn't in the game to begin with.

Ford: Even though the program ended it would be nice to have the Ford GT LM for Gr. 3. If the Gr. 4 split above happens, a Focus ST Gr. 4 could be made for that class as well.

Ginetta: Add in the Ginetta G55 GT4 to Gr. 4.

KTM: Add in the KTM X-Bow GT4 to Gr. 4.

Maserati: Add in the Maserati MC GT4 to Gr. 4.

Mclaren: Agreed, 720S GT3 for Gr. 3 and 570S GT4 for Gr.4.

Mercedes: Add in the AMG GT4 for Gr. 4.

Nissan: If the Gr. 4 revision I suggested above happens, the GTR Gr. 4 could be replaced with a 400Z Gr. 4 version to make the Gr. 4 entry RWD.

Porsche: Agreed, add in the 718 Cayman GT4 Gr.4.

Subaru: Adding in the Mother Chassis GT300 BRZ would add another Gr. 3 choice for fun, and a BRZ Gr. 4 could replace the WRX Gr. 4 if Gr. 4 is revised and becomes pure RWD.

Toyota: Add in the Mother Chassis GT300 Prius for Gr. 3, because why not? :lol:

Lower Priority: A variant of the car already exists in the game, but is old/fictional and could be updated/replaced:

Audi: Add in the R8 LMS Evo to replace or supplement the current R8 LMS.

BMW: Add in the M4 GT4 to replace the fictional Gr. 4 version, for immersion's sake.

Ford: Add in the Mustang GT4 to replace the fictional Gr. 4 version, for immersion's sake.

Honda: Add in NSX GT3 Evo for Gr. 3 to replace the fictional Gr. 3 version, for immersion's sake.

Lamborghini: Add in the Huracan Evo to replace or supplement the current Huracan GT3.

Mercedes: Add in the AMG GT3 Evo to replace or supplement the current AMG GT3.

Nissan: This is kind of an in-between priority for me, but the current 2013 GTR GT3 car is really old now, with the GTR GT3 having been updated twice since then, so this should be replaced with the 2018 spec car. Although, there is technically a GTR in Gr. 3 still, so that's why it's not the highest-priority in my books.

Porsche: 911 GT3R to replace or supplement the 911 GT3 RSR.

Last edited:
Alpine: Add in the Alpine A110 GT4 for Gr. 4.

Ginetta: Add in the Ginetta G55 GT4 to Gr. 4.

KTM: Add in the KTM X-Bow GT4 to Gr. 4.

Maserati: Add in the Maserati MC GT4 to Gr. 4.
For this to work, you also have to make a fictional A110 Gr.3 as well. For Ginetta, KTM and Maserati you could perhaps plug in the G55 GT3, XBOW GTX and either the MC12 or the MC GT3.

Toyota: Add in the Mother Chassis GT300 Prius for Gr. 3, because why not?
Eh, I'll think the GR Supra GT300 as more likely in that class instead even though people will think it's the same car as the GR Supra RC (no, it's a completely different beast). Also, the BRZ is a native GT300 class, not a Mother Chassis car.

For this to work, you also have to make a fictional A110 Gr.3 as well. For Ginetta, KTM and Maserati you could perhaps plug in the G55 GT3, XBOW GTX and either the MC12 or the MC GT3.

Eh, I'll think the GR Supra GT300 as more likely in that class instead even though people will think it's the same car as the GR Supra RC (no, it's a completely different beast). Also, the BRZ is a native GT300 class, not a Mother Chassis car.

In regards to the GT4 cars without GT3 equivalents, I was thinking that those manufacturers may not necessarily be added to the FIA Manufacturer's championship, but to at least add the cars in for more Gr. 4 options, since for example, Bugatti has the Gr. 4 Veyron but no Gr. 3 Veyron, and Bugatti isn't eligible for the Manufacturer's championship. Of course, adding Gr. 3 variants would also be cool as that would add even more variety and eligible FIA Manufacturers.

And I see, I wonder why it wasn't included in the first place.

In regards to the GT4 cars without GT3 equivalents, I was thinking that those manufacturers may not necessarily be added to the FIA Manufacturer's championship, but to at least add the cars in for more Gr. 4 options, since for example, Bugatti has the Gr. 4 Veyron but no Gr. 3 Veyron, and Bugatti isn't eligible for the Manufacturer's championship. Of course, adding Gr. 3 variants would also be cool as that would add even more variety and eligible FIA Manufacturers.

And I see, I wonder why it wasn't included in the first place.
I think there was Suzuki in the FIA Championships. Suzuki name on an RC F?

It's cool PD saw ahead to make some of these cars before the real ones came out. With the zeros and ones, PD could easily make each car equal. No matter if the FFs have 350BHP/1100kg, PD could make all cars lap the same time, regardless of on-paper numbers performance. As much as I'd love PD to chop the Gr.4 list down to the real GT4 regulated cars, they need to change the drivetrains.

This is a GT4 regulation race car. 2007 Peugeot THP
460700.jpg

The turbocharged 2013 86 GT4
XJlsNWvD7hdT-z8oOymS8_WYeygu9op1_06EifX5RJnsfXvg9A5Wwv3iFidsz56TQP0wywb_XuVDPGgTIAAbR41k1jlG-xNcoi9zWlLcoAn5ySjkLiWbismqdrCFjzPretpXdssRFPNHbJfmAArkhHROVxqiR_wNSkWd

2012 MX-5 GT4
f808f1e7d1e8ff938e9aa5f9ac97c503.jpg

WIth this game soon to come out, cars have been newly built from the time GT Sport came out. We may see one or two totally new cars from maybe last year and maybe one this year. Most cars are likely to be updated versions of the current cars.
Remember the AMG Academy in GT5? That had the race spec SLS. The Gr.4 in GT Sport, looks just like tht car except for a lower rear wing. Yet, the cover car is the new AMG GT S. PD could have just slapped on a rear wing and added the stripped out interior of a race car. They didn't.

I think there was Suzuki in the FIA Championships. Suzuki name on an RC F?
That was a one off for a manufacturer's themed exhibition event at the Tokyo World Tour. For the record, I did think of repurposing the GSX-R/4 as their Gr.4/Gr.3 car.

Back