Rewind feature in PCARS

• Thread starter martinezlj
  • 79 comments
Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic
martinezljx07
Ok, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering.

Anyone would like to see this feature implemented in a future patch for PCars ?. I believe this will only add value to the game. I know some hardcore sim players will disagree with me, but if you don't like the option simply turn it off. I think that this game is great because it gives the user an incredible amount of freedom on how do we want to play the game, because of the way we are able to tweak the game in order to make the game more accessible to casual gamers.

@martinezlj

Ha_Ha_Get_out.png

;)

I hate even the idea that such a feature exists in other games, let alone in PCars :D
Blame Codmasters for that. They introduced it in GRID and now Forza has it (Unsure of any others). Fine in a rally game as a rally car is unpredictable on a loose surface but on a track it just means you don't need any skill to win anymore, especially with Forza's infinite rewinds.

Blame Codmasters for that. They introduced it in GRID and now Forza has it (Unsure of any others). Fine in a rally game as a rally car is unpredictable on a loose surface but on a track it just means you don't need any skill to win anymore, especially with Forza's infinite rewinds.

But forza gives you the option to turn it off.

My point is, if you don't like the assist. You can simply turn it off. Also, it doesn't affect you as a player, the way others play their game.

I didn't knew this option was so hated in the racing community. lol

Meh, I don't see an issue with having the feature. I wouldn't use it at all. And would mock those who might use it and somehow brag about how good they are, but I think features which might help this game appeal to those who are less skilled would be a good thing.

it wouldn't be so bad to have it. i'd try not to use it ever, unless perhaps those occasions where the AI just comes up to you and smashes into you for a laugh. that's annoying. and why do they crash into me from behind when we're all doing qualifying laps? nutters.

But forza gives you the option to turn it off.

My point is, if you don't like the assist. You can simply turn it off. Also, it doesn't affect you as a player, the way others play their game.

I didn't knew this option was so hated in the racing community. lol
Because it is the most unrealistic "assist" ever put in a racing game. No racing driver can turn back time. You make a mistake on track, you have to live with it. Should be the same in games.

Those who are less skilled need to practice more. End of story. As long as real life doesnt have a rewind feature, pcars wont have it neither.

But real life doesn't have a line that changes color depending on how fast you are.

The range of options available for the users is a trend in games recently (sim sport games), and it's a fact that it adds more value.

But real life doesn't have a line that changes color depending on how fast you are.

The range of options available for the users is a trend in games recently (sim sport games), and it's a fact that it adds more value.
But this is just taking it to the extremes. Unless Doctor Who or that crazy scientist with the Delorean starts a racing career rewinding time in racing games is the most unrealistic assist ever.

Those who are less skilled need to practice more. End of story. As long as real life doesnt have a rewind feature, pcars wont have it neither.
I get it. I do.

But what you are saying is those less skilled, say someone who is 12 with an XBone or PS4, need to buy another game.

I definitely do not want a rewind feature. Should not be there.
In Forza when they added it I thought you know this could be cool for tuning in test drive mode. I can hit a corner and see how it feels, rewind, pause, tweak and hit it again and repeat.

But... they did not include rewind on the test drive mode, being the only place it would actually be useful. Instead it is only available in races and hot laps so I disabled it and pretended like it did not exist.

All I can say is that if you need rewind to win a race then you really shouldn't be playing I mean after all you can turn the AI down to slow and you can disable damage and restart the race at any time.

I get it. I do.

But what you are saying is those less skilled, say someone who is 12 with an XBone or PS4, need to buy another game.

Only if they have a really short attention span. The others can restart and practice. Like my 5 year old and 8 year old are perfectly capable of doing. ;)

Meh, I don't see an issue with having the feature. I wouldn't use it at all. And would mock those who might use it and somehow brag about how good they are, but I think features which might help this game appeal to those who are less skilled would be a good thing.
Same here. I think it's easy to get caught up in the whole "simulator" vein of thinking, when there are already other features in the game that are not sim-ish, like the driving line, ABS and TC available on older cars, steering assist, , oversteer assist etc. So long as the heart of the game is a simulator and we all have the option to turn off all aids and assists, I see no reason why this type of feature can't be incorporated into the offline portion of the game. If you don't like it or want to use it then don't. I think it can be a useful training and learning tool but if someone wants to rewind a race because they had a big shunt, why would I care, I'm not playing his game I'm playing mine.

No.

Someone who is less skilled needs to stop pretending that they're Lewis Hamilton incarnate and stop trying to drive at 110%. The game is dead easy if you take a deep breath, slow down and drive within your limits. Which is exactly what you would do in real life, and so is entirely the point.

Then, once you can get a consistent and safe lap in, you start pushing a little faster. And a little faster. And a little harder. And before you know it, it turns out that you actually are pretty quick and you've done it by learning good, safe driving techniques, instead of learning how to gamble on the one in ten chance that your wild driving will actually manage to keep you on the road.

If it was optional and locked to 'beginner' or 'intermediate' simulation settings, I do not see the issue. It's easy for us GTPlanet'ers to presume everyone wants to be heavily punished for the slightest mistake but that's most likely not your casual race fan's idea of fun.

@Imari If this game is dead easy I must really suck. :(

No.

Someone who is less skilled needs to stop pretending that they're Lewis Hamilton incarnate and stop trying to drive at 110%. The game is dead easy if you take a deep breath, slow down and drive within your limits. Which is exactly what you would do in real life, and so is entirely the point.

Then, once you can get a consistent and safe lap in, you start pushing a little faster. And a little faster. And a little harder. And before you know it, it turns out that you actually are pretty quick and you've done it by learning good, safe driving techniques, instead of learning how to gamble on the one in ten chance that your wild driving will actually manage to keep you on the road.
that reads like this game is the Dark Souls of racing games, which is a very good thing!

someone hit the rewind button on this thread and we can pretend it never existed hahaha

(joking of course, i don't care if it's in or not)

I am all for options, and if I was asked this last year I would have said the option to have one is a plus, but having been playing Driveclub a lot, I changed my mind, no rewind make racers a bit more pure or old school and that's an arcade racer, for a sim it is a definite no as well.

It's not my thing, but I don't see anything wrong with having an optional rewind feature in this if people want to use it to make the experience a little more forgiving, I suppose. Implementing it should not be anywhere near the top of the priority list though.

Rewind is an assist, and even more powerful than all the others combined.

Yes it is, but this assist allows me to fully control my car, and that's what I like. Playing with a controller is hard enough, you are more prone to make errors. Kudos to those who are skilled enough to play with no assists and a controller, but it's really hard for me.

Which is ok, and that's what the other assists are for. There is no shame/dishonor in running with TC/ABS. I do the same when not playing with a wheel. 👍

This rewind crap is the worst thing to ever happen to racing games. It is such a lazy, pathetic way of winning and a rotten excuse for being sloppy. It takes away so much from this feeling of constantly being on the edge, so much adrenaline and thrill. It will only be introduced to pcars over my dead body. Sorry rewindy dudes. :grumpy: *click-clacks shotgun*

Back