rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
I was looking for an update end of day Friday. Unusual for ISI to release on a Monday. Great new UI in my opinion, I'm sure they will develop it further.

Interesting interview with Mark Corp

"Simulation wise I’d say rFactor 2 is by far the greatest simulation game the racing/sim-racing genre has ever seen. The advancement in physics ISI made were tremendous and if understood and used right by modders, vehicles in rF2 come scarily close to their real life counterparts. ISI have developed what I feel is the most accurate and best simulation physics the gaming world has seen to date."

http://simfunding.com/10q_petros_mak.html

I've got a gtx 970 and can play on full blast. It looks pretty good. Not as good as pcars and ac, but alot better then people make it out to be. The optimization of the game has came a long way since when I started with it.

I see you have same cpu as the build I've just ordered! (Mine is7 4790k, R9 290X and 16GB 2400Mhz!)

I take it the the 970GTX is a lil' faster than 290X but do you have any problems running any sim full gfx?

I see you have same cpu as the build I've just ordered! (Mine is7 4790k, R9 290X and 16GB 2400Mhz!)

I take it the the 970GTX is a lil' faster than 290X but do you have any problems running any sim full gfx?

No problems. Handles it with ease. Everything max and the highest AA.

That question is highly dependent on the resolution you use. There's a HUGE difference between running a game at max settings at 1920x1080 vs 2560x1600.

i run at 1920x1080 and even at 2560x1600 that setup shouldn't be a problem. Probably not completely max, but very good settings judging by the frame rates i get at 1080.

Anyone have experience with the Ferrari 643 mod ?

I'll eventually be on a PC worthy of the 'Master Race', and thought I'd ask opinions of it as it'll be one of the first mods I try.

That Endurance Series announcement is really a non-news item. LOTS of groups have announced that they are making stuff for rF2, but the mods usually don't see the light of day. rF2 is much tougher and more time consuming to mod for than any other sim. When a rF1 modding site takes on a project, they usually underestimate what they will need and almost never have a tire guy. rF1 IS NOT rF2

I'll get excited about that when there's a release. As it is, we won't see that mod for a couple years.

@guybo

I am sure it will take a while for Enduracers to make it to rF2, they took their time in rF1 as well. On the other hand Enduracers took their time at making the decision of going to rFactor 2, I am sure they are fully aware of what they are getting themselves into.

As rF2 evolves it is partnering and helping with some of the best modders to bring quality content to its platform. There is a lot of content (most of it originally released for rF1) going to Assetto Corsa these days, this is great for that SIM which I own and like. AC is easier for modders that's why they many are headed there first. Serious modders are often SIM racers, they will eventually bring their content to rF2. Where else are they going to go long term?

For the first time, I took my first ever laps around rFactor 2 earlier today. I downloaded the 9.30 build and went around Silverstone International. The first impression that I have is that rFactor 2 is certainly prettier than the first rFactor. Other than that, I've had a tough time staying on the road. I also noticed some lag when trying to turn left or right. It is perhaps a sign that my PC isn't powerful enough to fully utilize rFactor 2. It also took a good bit longer to load everything compared to the older rFactor. I spent more time trying to keep the car on the road rather than race a proper lap. At least for me, some of you all were right- I'm not missing too much with rFactor 2. So I will likely stay with rFactor 1 and be happy.

Ya its hard to drive on an green track. You need to drive more laps or let the AI do some laps to get grip on the track ;)

And im sure i have no lag when turning left or right.

For the first time, I took my first ever laps around rFactor 2 earlier today. I downloaded the 9.30 build and went around Silverstone International. The first impression that I have is that rFactor 2 is certainly prettier than the first rFactor. Other than that, I've had a tough time staying on the road. I also noticed some lag when trying to turn left or right. It is perhaps a sign that my PC isn't powerful enough to fully utilize rFactor 2. It also took a good bit longer to load everything compared to the older rFactor. I spent more time trying to keep the car on the road rather than race a proper lap. At least for me, some of you all were right- I'm not missing too much with rFactor 2. So I will likely stay with rFactor 1 and be happy.

Be sure to use the auto detect for your controller and calibrate each pedal and wheel rotation. Also make sure you adjust the steering lock for the car once you are in your garage, I keep mine between 18 and 24 depending on the car/mod. Also disable the video synch.

What Ak says is also true, allow a few laps for the real road do put down some rubber on the surface. rFactor 2 is not easy, but it is the most realistic. Enjoy!

Here is what pops up when I try to start rFactor2 Demo,I am using Windows 8.1

ЙХ.png

What is the problem?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: problem solved 👍

Last edited:
Back