rFactor B-Spec 24 Hours of LeMans (June 6-7)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 521 comments

Do you like the car bonuses?

• Yes, keep them.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, get rid of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Holding my breath right now. We've gone an hour without a retirement. Someone is about to get it

This is a very bad sign. Usually something like this ends in death and explosions for at least three people.

And in case it happens, your car has to cross the finish line rolling to be scored. If you break down and stop on track with a 2 lap lead and the race ends before 2nd can make up those 2 laps, 2nd place wins and the previous leader is placed last among running cars.

Saw the #32 sitting still and my spirits sunk for a second until it started moving again...directly in front of traffic. Somehow everyone made it through

Saw the #32 sitting still and my spirits sunk for a second until it started moving again...directly in front of traffic. Somehow everyone made it through

I had a heart attack for a moment there, all I could think was "not again".

If I read the timing and scoring right, it looked like the gap from P1 to P2 was under 3 minutes after 12 hours of racing. That's pretty good!

I thought my stream crashed...

Are you able to upload the stream and get the results from there, or are you going to restart?

I thought my stream crashed...

Are you able to upload the stream and get the results from there, or are you going to restart?

Same, it was at times buffering and then freezing so I thought it was just me.

I ask because I know my initial reaction would be to scream "🤬 IT ALL", throw the computer out the nearest window, then once I'd crushed it and set it ablaze and gotten another source of communication, I'd apologize and do the necessary action to atone.

Red flag, trying to get the game restarted.

(And my cause for DNF'ing should be "S*** LUCK AT IT AGAIN"

Made a modification to the GT guide.

T1QILvK.jpg

I decide to get some sleep before the exam tomorrow, and not half an hour later, everything goes kabloom.

I cannot leave my AI alone for two seconds without them screwing up everything :lol:

Do you have a log for the positions @Earth so you can restart it with 12 hours remaining or however long was left? If not perhaps you can work out the positions from the stream if any of it is saved.

@Earth ?

You OK Buddy?

No, not really. This was my one shot to do something really cool and I blew it. I let everyone down in the process. To be totally honest as I just typed this some tears rolled down my face. I thought I had planned for everything. And I did, I really did. I even took the side of the PC case off for better cooling during testing and the RPM speed of the fan reduced itself greatly (it wasnt too high to begin with) signaling to me it was running cooler. I dont know if it overheated or what. Maybe not. What happened was the game froze for a second, continued, then it froze again for a second, and simply disappeared. Not even an error message. Just gone. Back to the desktop.

But...I'll just think of what I told myself before I went forward with this event. I knew there would be a chance everything could go wrong, that it could blow up in my face. But I also knew there was a good chance it would work. I decided to take on the pioneering adventurer spirit. To be a little daring, and try to make it happen. We got past practice. Past qualifying. And we were 13 hours into the race.

Do I have regrets? Well, the only thing worst then failing is not trying at all. My only reget is I just wish my failure didnt waste the time of everyone who painted their cars and worked hard on their setups.

Do you have a log for the positions @Earth so you can restart it with 12 hours remaining or however long was left? If not perhaps you can work out the positions from the stream if any of it is saved.

Aww man, that's a shame. Hopefully you can restart with the time remaining and cars left running.

If the race doesnt finish a log is not saved. Even lousy fraps recorded nothing, none of the screenshots I took are anywhere to be found.

My first inclination is to leave the results final as they were. We'll just have to consider it the 13 hours of Le Mans. If we run the last 11 hours with the only cars remaining that messes with the track position, it messes with future reliability.

From the best of my memory. These results are final:

Prototype

#25 Peasantslayer
#33 aarror +2:40
#44 Peasantslayer +2:50

1 Lap
#38 Jahgee1124
#17 Pezzarinho17
#77 aarror
#55 aarror

2 Laps
#7 raven214
#9 raven214
#11 Jahgee1124
#97 raven214
#32 RACECAR
#51 AJHG1000
#81 AJHG1000

3 Laps
#14 goofytyler
#15 goofytyler
#16 goofytyler

GT

1. #02 Crashbroke23
  2. #007 rallymorten
  3. #85 BKGlover
  4. #95 rallymorten
  5. #03 Crashbroke23
  6. #79 BKGlover
  7. #19 Harsk100
  8. #009 rallymorten
  9. #96 Harsk100
  10. #191 Harsk100
  11. #22 optiongamers
  12. #62 optiongamers
  13. #1 swiftsmith
  14. #50 swiftsmith
  15. #4 watertank
  16. #5 watertank
  17. #6 watertank
  18. #18 Frizbe
  19. Frizbe

Last edited:
No, not really. This was my one shot to do something really cool and I blew it. I let everyone down in the process. To be totally honest as I just typed this some tears rolled down my face. I thought I had planned for everything. And I did, I really did. I even took the side of the PC case off for better cooling during testing and the RPM speed of the fan reduced itself greatly (it wasnt too high to begin with) signaling to me it was running cooler. I dont know if it overheated or what. Maybe not. What happened was the game froze for a second, continued, then it froze again for a second, and simply disappeared. Not even an error message. Just gone. Back to the desktop.

But...I'll just think of what I told myself before I went forward with this event. I knew there would be a chance everything could go wrong, that it could blow up in my face. But I also knew there was a good chance it would work. I decided to take on the pioneering adventurer spirit. To be a little daring, and try to make it happen. We got past practice. Past qualifying. And we were 13 hours into the race.

Do I have regrets? Well, the only thing worst then failing is not trying at all. My only reget is I just wish my failure didnt waste the time of everyone who painted their cars and worked hard on their setups.

If there has EVER been a time where I can say this, it's now. I feel for you brother. Considering how long you worked on the WEC series, then Le Mans itself, all that preparation you did, and trying to eliminate all the chance of stuff going wrong, YOU could not have done better. The game crashed, yes, but aside from the 58 everyone had a shot and most everyone had screentime.

I wish I wasn't off the grid like I am during the week for now, but while I can't speak for the others I want you to recall this...

IN NO WAY, SHAPE, FORM, OR ACTION DID YOU, @Earth, DISSAPOINT ME, BKGLOVER.

YOU DID NOT BLOW THAT RACE, YOU GOT SCREWED BY TECHNOLOGY.....YET AGAIN. RFACTOR BLEW IT, AND I CANNOT BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE.

As such I will continue to offer all the support I can muster to back your efforts.

.....and as for the results...they look good to me. We made it to halfway, I'd call that an official event.

EDIT: I apologize if that's a bit much, but Earth has earned my trust and respect. I'm bad enough at being gloom and doom and I do nothing, Earth has no reason to feel....whatever word you want to use for it. You worked your butt off trying to get it right, the tech side failed you.

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up over it. S**t happens. Some things are beyond your control, and I'm pretty sure everyone here can understand that. You did what you could do. And I believe everyone who tuned in for even just a short period of time was thoroughly enjoying it. I for one completely lost track of time just watching the AI duke it out in probably the best looking grid to ever hit Le Mans. I wouldn't consider this a waste of time or anything near that. Only your dumb PC did that.

You tried. And you launched probably the most ambitious B-Spec event in the history of the world (that is, unless we count grinding them up to level 40 and attempting to beat the 24 Hours of Nürburgring in GT5). And it did actually work out very, very well. All the cars were greatly balanced with some bonuses thrown in for added strategy. Not exactly realistic, but I'm pretty sure everybody spent a little more than three second listing pros and cons for each option - and had a blast while doing so.

I don't even find the time you say is "wasted" on painting the cars (no comment on the setups, seeing as that was literally a "I have no idea what I'm doing *Google search* k we'll do it like this and see how it works") has been a waste of time. If anything, most of us have got more experience in our preferred painting tool. Experience we can transfer to whatever is next on the agenda.

I do want to say that I'm slightly annoyed at my AI, though (but hey, how often has an AI of mine not had a golden opportunity to do well and fluffed it up just as things were looking good, amirite people who's watched all Porsche Cup races?). Especially that Ravenwest car.. but then again, that's what happens when you send a bunch of GTs and Ps towards the same piece of road, holy mother of God that was a scrapyard :lol:

I can look back at this as a great time. gr8 banter was happening in the chat, lots of action on the track, a few/many huge wrecks/team takeouts/#yoloswag moments was had. I cannot say I am disappointed. In fact, let me leave this for the attempt:

:bowdown:

Back