rFactor B-Spec 24 Hours of LeMans (June 6-7)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 521 comments

Do you like the car bonuses?

• Yes, keep them.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, get rid of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rfactor isn't that great for sessions longer than 3 hours.

It was nice to see my cars going around!, they did look really great!, and so did the other cars :D

Rfactor isn't that great for sessions longer than 3 hours.

I take it this is not the time where I suggest that Blancpain/FIA GT/*insert name of GT series*-style series I suggested in the chat yesterday..?

I don't know about that. I've gotten my PS3 to run for three days straight.

I think he means in the way that was being done here, with only AI and no players (which is likely more load calculating all the AI input then having a session with all Human input).

No, not really. This was my one shot to do something really cool and I blew it. I let everyone down in the process. To be totally honest as I just typed this some tears rolled down my face. I thought I had planned for everything. And I did, I really did. I even took the side of the PC case off for better cooling during testing and the RPM speed of the fan reduced itself greatly (it wasnt too high to begin with) signaling to me it was running cooler. I dont know if it overheated or what. Maybe not. What happened was the game froze for a second, continued, then it froze again for a second, and simply disappeared. Not even an error message. Just gone. Back to the desktop.

But...I'll just think of what I told myself before I went forward with this event. I knew there would be a chance everything could go wrong, that it could blow up in my face. But I also knew there was a good chance it would work. I decided to take on the pioneering adventurer spirit. To be a little daring, and try to make it happen. We got past practice. Past qualifying. And we were 13 hours into the race.

Do I have regrets? Well, the only thing worst then failing is not trying at all. My only reget is I just wish my failure didnt waste the time of everyone who painted their cars and worked hard on their setups.

Buddy, you did not let anyone of us down. You put together something great and attempted something that as far as I'm aware, no one else attempted (and unfortunately, we have just found out why). You stayed with it the whole way and really, that was enough for us. My race completely went down the crapper but I was still vested in it because of how good a job your were doing. You did your best and at the end of the day, that's the best I or anyone can ask of you.

Last edited:
You shouldn't get upset over this @Earth we all knew this was going to be an very ambitious project. Technology always seems to fail at the wrong time but it's not your fault you couldn't predict if the game was going to crash. We can all agree this was a epic race for the time it went on for and we all had fun watching the race, setting up our cars and painting them. Sure things got competive between us all but it made everything more fun and made this the best B-Spec project to date.

I think he means in the was that was being done here, with only AI and no players (which is likely more load calculating all the AI input then having a session with all Human input).
It was B-Spec back in GT5. So technically it was only AI.

I'm sure it was a great race. Even though I didn't get to see any of it. But like everyone else said @Earth. None of us were disappointed. I think we all had fun while this lasted.

No, not really. This was my one shot to do something really cool and I blew it. I let everyone down in the process. To be totally honest as I just typed this some tears rolled down my face. I thought I had planned for everything. And I did, I really did. I even took the side of the PC case off for better cooling during testing and the RPM speed of the fan reduced itself greatly (it wasnt too high to begin with) signaling to me it was running cooler. I dont know if it overheated or what. Maybe not. What happened was the game froze for a second, continued, then it froze again for a second, and simply disappeared. Not even an error message. Just gone. Back to the desktop.

But...I'll just think of what I told myself before I went forward with this event. I knew there would be a chance everything could go wrong, that it could blow up in my face. But I also knew there was a good chance it would work. I decided to take on the pioneering adventurer spirit. To be a little daring, and try to make it happen. We got past practice. Past qualifying. And we were 13 hours into the race.

Do I have regrets? Well, the only thing worst then failing is not trying at all. My only reget is I just wish my failure didnt waste the time of everyone who painted their cars and worked hard on their setups.

If the race doesnt finish a log is not saved. Even lousy fraps recorded nothing, none of the screenshots I took are anywhere to be found.

My first inclination is to leave the results final as they were. We'll just have to consider it the 13 hours of Le Mans. If we run the last 11 hours with the only cars remaining that messes with the track position, it messes with future reliability.

From the best of my memory. These results are final:

Prototype

#25 Peasantslayer
#33 aarror +2:40
#44 Peasantslayer +2:50

1 Lap
#38 Jahgee1124
#17 Pezzarinho17
#77 aarror
#55 aarror

2 Laps
#7 raven214
#9 raven214
#11 Jahgee1124
#97 raven214
#32 RACECAR
#51 AJHG1000
#81 AJHG1000

3 Laps
#14 goofytyler
#15 goofytyler
#16 goofytyler

GT

1. #02 Crashbroke23
  2. #007 rallymorten
  3. #85 BKGlover
  4. #95 rallymorten
  5. #03 Crashbroke23
  6. #79 BKGlover
  7. #19 Harsk100
  8. #009 rallymorten
  9. #96 Harsk100
  10. #191 Harsk100
  11. #22 optiongamers
  12. #62 optiongamers
  13. #1 swiftsmith
  14. #50 swiftsmith
  15. #4 watertank
  16. #5 watertank
  17. #6 watertank
  18. #18 Frizbe
  19. Frizbe

I know you put a ton of effort into this, as I have been moving like mud to get my own series going, but you should hold your head up high! You executed everything as best you could - the preparation and testing you put into this was clearly obvious.

Without recorded standings it would be difficult at best to restart things. Personally, I would be ok as long as the top 3 in each class was right, but everyone might not feel the same about that. Calling it as it is is fine with me.

This was a monumental undertaking, and I for one can assure you, @Earth, that you did NOT disappoint me in any way! I enjoyed painting the cars, working on my sucky setups ;), and tuning in for the race. At times it really felt like I was watching a live feed of the real thing - I loved the in-car views and the tv cams too! Computer crashes are a fact of life and you don't need to apologize for that! :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I feel better.

A big congratulations to @Peasantslayer and @Crashbroke23 for their wins. The #25 and #02 were easily the most dominant cars and led by far the most laps

@raven214 Thanks for complimenting the tv cams. I used a few default cams but most of them were added by me to imitate a TV broadcast as much as possible. As for the top 3, each class is right as is the top 10, but its a little fuzzy after that. I know the #32 had passed AJHG1000s cars, but it spun and got behind them again and I think he managed to pass them again...things like that Im not so sure.

The #25 had a big lead in prototype but in GT the #007 would leapfrog the #02 every 30-40 minutes for a couple of laps. Back in prototoype there was only 10 seconds between the #33 and #44 for most of the night. Yes the #25 had a huge lead but it also had the risky weight bonus. So if it dropped out there would have been one heck of a scrap between the #33 and #44 for the win in Prototype.

There was good battles everywhere. The #38 was outside the top 10 at one point but had battled back to 4th and could have made a run for the lead in the next 11 hours.

I've learned alot from this. Being something of a stubborn hard head, I want to do it again, but right. Do it again as next year a week before Le Mans. From my view theres only two ways to do that. Upgrade to a beefy computer, or rent a server.

And for those who are interested,

Car Bonus Selections
aarror
#33 Car Bonus = Fuel Mileage
#55 Car Bonus = Pit Crew Speed
#77 Car Bonus = Fuel Mileage

AJHG100
#28 = Pit Crew Speed
#51 = Pit Crew Speed
#81 = Pit Crew Speed

BKGlover
#58 = Weight Reduction
#79 = Pit Crew Speed
#85 = Fuel Mileage

Crashbroke23
#02 = Fuel Mileage
#03 = Pit Crew Speed

DCybertron
#8 Car Bonus = Weight Reduction
#13 Car Bonus =Pit Crew Speed
#31 Car Bonus = Fuel Mileage

Jahgee1124
#11 =Pit Crew Speed
#24 = Pit Crew Speed
#38 = Pit Crew Speed

Harsk100
#19 = Fuel Mileage
#96 = Weight Reduction
#191 = Pit Crew Speed

Mike458
#45 = Pit Crew Speed

optiongamers
#22 = Fuel Mileage
#62 = Fuel Mileage

Peasantslayer
#25 = Weight Reductrion
#44 = Pit Crew Speed

Pezzarinho17
#17 = Pit Crew Speed
#23 = Fuel Mileage

RACECAR
#26 Car Bonus = Weight Reduction
#27 Car Bonus = Weight Reduction
#32 Car Bonus = Fuel Mileage

rallymorten
#007 = Pit Crew Speed
#009 = Pit Crew Speed
#95 = Pit Crew Speed

raven214
#7 = Fuel Mileage
#9 = Weight Reduction
#97 = Pit Crew Speed

swiftsmtih
#1 = Pit Crew Speed
#10 = Pit Crew Speed
#50 = Pit Crew Speed

..so *that*'s why the 02 was able to stay out for what seemed like half a day before pitting, no wonder I was falling back :lol:

Still, going for the reliability-option was my own choice. Because, you know, to finish first.. :D

I think I remember my only remaining car being 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the time of the crash, and since results are by memory I'm going to claim a moral victory on this one. Each to their own right! Tough luck @Peasantslayer after leading for so long... 💡:sly:

DISCLAIMER: It was my Birthday this weekend, therefore as well as not seeing much of the race I don't remember the bits I saw well. Apparently.

I think I remember my only remaining car being 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the time of the crash, and since results are by memory I'm going to claim a moral victory on this one. Each to their own right! Tough luck @Peasantslayer after leading for so long... 💡:sly:

DISCLAIMER: It was my Birthday this weekend, therefore as well as not seeing much of the race I don't remember the bits I saw well. Apparently.
Happy Birthday :cheers:

..so *that*'s why the 02 was able to stay out for what seemed like half a day before pitting, no wonder I was falling back :lol:

Still, going for the reliability-option was my own choice. Because, you know, to finish first.. :D
If you'd have gone for the fuel option I think the 95 would've been hounding the 02 and not my 85.
Happy birthday mate.

If you'd have gone for the fuel option I think the 95 would've been hounding the 02 and not my 85

Yeah, well, if and if, chances are mine would've retired from mechanical failure before you, seeing as the Murc was developed by Audi Sport and thus can only retire due to driver errors :lol:

Dont send your cars to the scrapyard just yet. At least not for one more race. I'll have more info in the coming weeks. We are not finishing out this year like that.

fMkbXZd.jpg

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@Crashbroke23
@DCybertron
@Frizbe
@goofytyler
@Harsk100
@Jahgee1124
@Mike458
@optiongamers
@Peasantslayer
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@raven214
@swiftsmith
@watertank

Well, I cant quite decide what to do next.

Could you guys help decide for me?

I figured out the Le Mans 24 hours crash was due to a shortage of memory. Because its an older game, Windows only gave it 2GBs of memory to work with. After downloading a patch, the game now has 4GBs of memory to work with. So we should be good to go for long distance races.

Here is 3 things we can do this year before the WRL takes over next year.

1. Petit LeMans 10 Hours - uses the same cars from the Le Mans 24 hours
  2. Spa 24 Hours - uses new Blancpain GT3 cars
  3. Formula B-Spec Season 3 - uses new openwheel cars

Here is the form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pnsq6cy_g-L57lppUSDCpqHxlg4QeOdbnQ3Al7Ce9gs/viewform

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@Crashbroke23
@DCybertron
@Frizbe
@goofytyler
@Harsk100
@Jahgee1124
@Mike458
@optiongamers
@Peasantslayer