Ricmotech Sim-Racing Equipment

• Thread starter Ricmotech
  • 127 comments
We now have the T.RJ12 USB pedal adapter in stock. It lets you plug the Thrustmaster T3PA and T3PA-PRO pedals directly into the PC so you can use them with any wheel. We have also tested it to work with our LC500 load cell kit. http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/thr-trj12-usb.htm
TRJ12.jpg
thrustmaster-trj12-usb-adap.jpg

We came up with this cool shirt and wanted to know what everyone thinks about it. I wanted to come up with a stylish way to promote the community and tell the world about what we do. Let me know your thoughts.

We started by getting a small batch to begin with to see the reaction from the community. That batch should be ready in the next couple of days. If you are interested in getting one you can use the link below.

http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-tayk-r.htm

Attachments

• T-Shirt.JPG
    T-Shirt.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 40
Just finished assembling the RS500 for my nephew and need to paint. I don't have the instruction on hand- I was curious what type of paint you guys are using and the application method (brush, spray, etc). I hate painting. I was planning to do a glossy black paint and accenting with things other than paint (Decals, Plating, etc.).

Just finished assembling the RS500 for my nephew and need to paint. I don't have the instruction on hand- I was curious what type of paint you guys are using and the application method (brush, spray, etc). I hate painting. I was planning to do a glossy black paint and accenting with things other than paint (Decals, Plating, etc.).

I like to use automotive paint. Auto part stores carry high gloss paint in spray cans for touch-up. Black is a very common color. Give the MDF a coat of primer then sand it smooth. After that you can apply the paint. After 48 hours you can even wax it.

Something for you T150 and TMX owners out there. Since the wheels only have a clamp mount we have received requests from heavy users to make a way to hard-mount these wheels. Well, I came up with a simple solution to a simple problem. This hard mount adapter plate mounts to the bottom of the T150 or TMX wheel base and provides hard mount points in the typical Thurstmaster locations so you can bolt it to any rig that has the pre-drilled holes. We put metal inserts into the plate so it can be tightened down securely. We have the first batch in stock now so if you have this problem then here is a great way to take care of it.

http://www.ricmotech.com/hard_mount_adapter_for_T150_tmx_wheels_p/rmt-t150hmp.htm

Attachments

• IMG_20160831_112112986_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160831_112112986_HDR.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20160831_112215712_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160831_112215712_HDR.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 90
You said you loved our button boxes. Who wouldn't, am I right? . After all we use authentic all metal construction and race car correct buttons and toggle switches. But there were a few things that could be improved upon. You asked, and we answered. This is the next evolution of the Ricmotech RealGear C22 button boxes. Button boxes plural, you ask? Yes indeed, we have also created a horizontal layout! So how did we improve on the most authentic button boxes in the market today? We reduced the size of the faceplate to fit tighter simulators and removed the designated label pockets. This adds flexibility in labelling the switches and now you can also make your own. The switches are spaced out and have definitive action, it makes them the ideal button box to use with the Oculus Rift or Vibe VR headsets. We did all this and left the functionality untouched. COMING SOON. Ricmotech- THIS AIN'T YOUR KIDS RACING GAME

Attachments

• IMG_4003.JPG
    IMG_4003.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 93
New APX500 simulator

Ricmotech is proud to announce the latest addition to our renowned APX simulator chassis lineup. The RICMOTECH APX500 BARE CHASSIS is our new entry level chassis. The APX500 was created for those applications where only the basic controls are needed. You can hard-mount most wheels available on the market, most floor mount pedals, and it even has an adjustable shifter mount. The APX500 is built on the existing APX platform, which means the chassis can be converted in the future to the APX-1000/2000/3000 chassis. The major components are shared with its big brothers, so it can expand with you as your passion for sim racing grows. The APX500 is available now on our website.
Ricmotech- THIS AIN'T YOUR KIDS RACING GAME

IMG_0090.JPG
http://www.ricmotech.com/APX_500_Sim_Racing_Chassis_p/apx-500.htm

Ricmotech is proud to announce the latest addition to our renowned APX simulator chassis lineup. The RICMOTECH APX500 BARE CHASSIS is our new entry level chassis. The APX500 was created for those applications where only the basic controls are needed. You can hard-mount most wheels available on the market, most floor mount pedals, and it even has an adjustable shifter mount. The APX500 is built on the existing APX platform, which means the chassis can be converted in the future to the APX-1000/2000/3000 chassis. The major components are shared with its big brothers, so it can expand with you as your passion for sim racing grows. The APX500 is available now on our website.
Ricmotech- THIS AIN'T YOUR KIDS RACING GAME
IMG_0090.JPG
http://www.ricmotech.com/APX_500_Sim_Racing_Chassis_p/apx-500.htm

At Ricmotech the word compromise doesn't exist. Our RealGear line of products takes real world racing parts and infuses them into our unique sim products. With pedals, e-brakes, button boxes and more this product line shows our commitment to quality and real world authenticity. Why buy a product that "looks" like it uses real life race parts when you can buy a product BUILT with real life race parts! RealGear from Ricmotech- As REAL as it gets.
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_3132.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
At Ricmotech the word compromise doesn't exist. Our RealGear line of products takes real world racing parts and infuses them into our unique sim products. With pedals, e-brakes, button boxes and more this product line shows our commitment to quality and real world authenticity. Why buy a product that "looks" like it uses real life race parts when you can buy a product BUILT with real life race parts! RealGear from Ricmotech- As REAL as it gets.

Last edited:
So I got my TH8A adaptor today, fitted it as per the instructions and while it is excellent in most gears, it will not hold the lever in gear in either 6th or reverse.

I've installed it as per the instructions and double checked it, yet it doesn't hold the shifter shaft far enough to the right to engage these gears. I can push it to the right around a millimetre when its in the gate for these gear and it will engage, however as soon as I let got its out of gear.

These gears both work fine without the adaptor plate in place, so the issue is not with the TH8A itself. I've emailed Ricmotech to see what they can suggest and will update as soon as I hear.

Its more than a little disappointing as in 1st through to 5th its great and makes shifting much quicker and easier, and the item was delivered in 7 days from the US to the UK which is impressive, but right now its not a lot of use to me.

So I got my TH8A adaptor today, fitted it as per the instructions and while it is excellent in most gears, it will not hold the lever in gear in either 6th or reverse.

I've installed it as per the instructions and double checked it, yet it doesn't hold the shifter shaft far enough to the right to engage these gears. I can push it to the right around a millimetre when its in the gate for these gear and it will engage, however as soon as I let got its out of gear.

These gears both work fine without the adaptor plate in place, so the issue is not with the TH8A itself. I've emailed Ricmotech to see what they can suggest and will update as soon as I hear.

Its more than a little disappointing as in 1st through to 5th its great and makes shifting much quicker and easier, and the item was delivered in 7 days from the US to the UK which is impressive, but right now its not a lot of use to me.

Most shifters come calibrated from the factory where they work fine with the short-throw kit, but occasionally some do not and have to be recalibrated. Here is a step by step guide. http://www.ricmotech.com/kb_results.asp?ID=18

We at Ricmotech are proud to be a small part of the big and ever growing sim racing community. We are thankful to everyone who has trusted us with providing them the best sim racing peripherals. To say thank you we are excited to announce our partnership with XtremeMotorsports99. We will be sponsoring the Ricmotech Sports Car Series on iRacing. From the XtremeMotorsports99 website, "We are passionate about racing and strive to provide a well-managed, adrenalin pumping, door-to-door racing experience with high standards of racecraft." You can catch all the exciting action of the Ricmotech Sports Car Series by XtremeMotorsports99 every Monday night on iRacing. Check out XtremeMotorsports99 website for all the details. http://www.xtrememotorsports99.com
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_4091.jpg

We at Ricmotech are proud to be a small part of the big and ever growing sim racing community. We are thankful to everyone who has trusted us with providing them the best sim racing peripherals. To say thank you we are excited to announce our partnership with XtremeMotorsports99. We will be sponsoring the Ricmotech Sports Car Series on iRacing. From the XtremeMotorsports99 website, "We are passionate about racing and strive to provide a well-managed, adrenalin pumping, door-to-door racing experience with high standards of racecraft." You can catch all the exciting action of the Ricmotech Sports Car Series by XtremeMotorsports99 every Monday night on iRacing. Check out XtremeMotorsports99 website for all the details. http://www.xtrememotorsports99.com

Nice design, I like that you can slide the wheel base independently from the pedals. Not to mention move the wheelbase plate up and down as needed. Really great stuff, especially for the price. I'm putting this in my list of possible replacement rigs 👍

Jerome

Nice design, I like that you can slide the wheel base independently from the pedals. Not to mention move the wheelbase plate up and down as needed. Really great stuff, especially for the price. I'm putting this in my list of possible replacement rigs 👍

Jerome
Awesome. Let us know what you think of it once used.

Received my load cell upgrade for t500rs pedals a few weeks ago.
Fitted relatively simply.
Installed. Brake bedded in well after a few hours. No complaints there..

But

I have a terrible deadzone in the throttle. Nearly 1/3 the distance of travel. I thought i could look passed it but its unusable like this.
Ive emailed RICMOTECH twice. No response.

If i plug the standard brake back up theres no issues.

TM Calibration tool also doesnt recognise throttle imput till 1/3 distance

Help?

Received my load cell upgrade for t500rs pedals a few weeks ago.
Fitted relatively simply.
Installed. Brake bedded in well after a few hours. No complaints there..

But

I have a terrible deadzone in the throttle. Nearly 1/3 the distance of travel. I thought i could look passed it but its unusable like this.
Ive emailed RICMOTECH twice. No response.

If i plug the standard brake back up theres no issues.

TM Calibration tool also doesnt recognise throttle imput till 1/3 distance

Help?

It sounds like there could be a short on the circuit board. Look on the circuit board to see if there is any metal debris shorting across any 2 wires. I will contact you by email.

Sorry if you didn't receive my last email, I thought is had responded earlier. I will get this straightened out for you.

Thanks ricmotech. Email received.

Looks like the problm may extend further and be no issue to the brake mod.

Hello.
I also received my T500 brake mod last friday. Just as MrF1 stated, the installation really was easy.

Also, however. My loadcell seems to be needing quite a bit more force than the stated 31kg. I'm weighting around 90ks's and I barely can get the brake force to max with my bodyweight. It actually works linear, but needs rael effort to max the scale on tm control panel. I was unlucky to install it just before ACRL race on sunday, and actually fought my way through that race with left foot on fire from all that work. Lucky me, it was only an 1 hour sprint race... actually had to press it so hard it bent the aluminium plate which holds it. But hey, no race will be abandoned by minor faults :D

Just hoping to get this solved before upcoming league races...

Hello.
I also received my T500 brake mod last friday. Just as MrF1 stated, the installation really was easy.

Also, however. My loadcell seems to be needing quite a bit more force than the stated 31kg. I'm weighting around 90ks's and I barely can get the brake force to max with my bodyweight. It actually works linear, but needs rael effort to max the scale on tm control panel. I was unlucky to install it just before ACRL race on sunday, and actually fought my way through that race with left foot on fire from all that work. Lucky me, it was only an 1 hour sprint race... actually had to press it so hard it bent the aluminium plate which holds it. But hey, no race will be abandoned by minor faults :D

Just hoping to get this solved before upcoming league races...

It will soften with use. Mine was solid to begin with but now im doing endurance league races with no issues

I did however make a new brake pedal base and increase the angle on the pedal base by 3degrees to encourage use of the top of the pedal thus increasing the mechanical advantage against the load of the brake

Installed the load cell from ricmotech for t500 pedals. Instalation went smooth, although it took me an cca. 1h and 30min, mostly due to sheer number of screws on the pedals :-).
The feeling is incredible once you get acustomed. I would recommend it to all t500 owners as a must buy. Brake now feels even better then CSP v2. Would love to have a bit more pedal travel to have even softer brushing then one provided. All in all i am extremly happy with the purchase.
Many thx to Frank and all in ricmotech as this is one hell of a mod. :-)

...Would love to have a bit more pedal travel to have even softer brushing then one provided. ...
I agree. Luckily I found the 'REAL PEDAL upgrade for the G27 pedals" that does this exactly :) Wish the original Ricmotec already had this.

Back