Ride Compliance Suspension Tuning Guide

• Thread starter daveyules
  • 35 comments
I'm using the app since version 1.0, very well done and useful to start a tune with.
Version 2.0 added garage db and other settings, lsd, damper, etc.
The GUI was better before, but the settings were too basic.
I don't understand now how does it work: I mean when you start to input car starting data, weight power, etc. and push "done"; are the values recalcolated if you change staring data?
ride height is not calculated?
it is just for spring stiffness?

As far as recalculating, it does. When you go back and change the values, it will recalculate when you hit Done. However, on the basis that the calculation is a recommendation, certain values are static, like the ride height.

Since the last release, I have spent much time redeveloped my algorithms. I'm happy to report that they are much more complex now, and will provide calculations for things like ride height.

So version 3.0 is around the corner, as well as a few other related projects. I for one am rather excited. Once you guys see the new updates I think you will be too.

Cheers

PS Extension being 2x compression... I'm no longer in agreement with this. I've updated my original post.

As far as recalculating, it does. When you go back and change the values, it will recalculate when you hit Done. However, on the basis that the calculation is a recommendation, certain values are static, like the ride height.

Since the last release, I have spent much time redeveloped my algorithms. I'm happy to report that they are much more complex now, and will provide calculations for things like ride height.

So version 3.0 is around the corner, as well as a few other related projects. I for one am rather excited. Once you guys see the new updates I think you will be too.

Cheers

PS Extension being 2x compression... I'm no longer in agreement with this. I've updated my original post.

Tnx Dave, please let me refolmulate my question, because it is not clear:

About the recalculation:
You select a car, input all datas in Vehicle Basics, then you press DONE (1st time-downforce confirmation)
now you are in the screen with all values calculated (Give me a Name)

NOW you have 4 choices:
1. you can re-enter in vehicle basics tapping on HP or kg:
-if you try to change values here (HP,weight,etc) , other values are not recalculated when you return, right?

2. try to change suspension values (or downforce) here, does it reflects other values like dampers, NO, right?

3. you can go Back @ Vehicle Basics tapping in the upper left corner and change:
-HP --> changes only the brakes BIAS
-weight --> changes just spring rate
-weight distribution--> changes just spring rate
-downforce --> changes just spring rate
-Tire Type --> changes just camber
-Drivetrain (yes this shouldn't happen, but i tried to understand):
well if you selected AWD and after you select FWD or RWD it doesn't recalculate, it sticks on AWD setting showing center diff...

4. if you tap DONE (2nd time), your car is saved to garage, try to reenter same car from garage and try to change:
-vehicle basics, do other values recalculate? NO right?
-suspension values (eg. spring) do other recalculate consequently? NO right?

Sorry Dave i was asking an explanation, but ended to do a kind of debug; but I hope it could help other users to know how to use the TOOL or you to correct something.
From what i understood, is kind of a static tool, a one-go: you select car, input vehicle basics at that moment, and it calculates a starting point for suspension setting;
if you change vehicle basics, or fine tune other setting to your wish, other values do not recalculate (only in option 3).
It is not that obvious, as if the tool is based on an equation it should recalculate everytime a value changes. So maybe you can change values to a car later after you have saved it the first time.

Please explain us better, and if you need a tester for version 3.0, let me know

For #1, you must go back and update the settings at that "calculator" view; updated values in the "tune" view will not be utilized for recalculations. I will revise this in the next version so that calculations can be continuously run on the same tune after the initial creation process.

#3, the AWD bug I will resolve as well.

Your debugging is mostly correct. To reiterate, once you finish creating a tune, that tune can no longer utilize the calculator functionality; you must create a new tune to utilize the calculator. In the future, recalculations will be accessible at any point in time. and more...

Thanks for digging into the app. Your concerns are a great help.

Cheers

Tnx Dave, looking forward for the new version.
Overall it is a good algorythm, resuoting in a safe and quite fast setup for any car i tried so far.

Latest Posts

Back