RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Thank you :D The car still has stiffer springs than it should be, but I tried my best to make it work and drive reasonably well on comfort tires.

You are welcome :) Did you try to beat the real life lap record at Spa ?, The F430 is a great car, but I still want the F355 ( including the Challenge version ), that would make me really happy as I used to drive it in Sega F355 Challenge arcade cab :P
You can only work within the limits PD have enforced on us & that's good enough for me :bowdown: I'm just extremely thankful you care enough to bother :bowdown:
If they can't be bothered with accuracy that's one thing but, I'll never understand why they don't give you the accurate spring rate range so that if you want to exactly replicate them 100%, you can :confused:

Begs the question: just how many cars in GT6 are a 100% accurate representation of the IRL example?

When they were promoting the game prior to release, they couldn't shout loud enough about working with a tyre company (Yokohama?) to make a better tyre model and a shock absorber/damper company for better suspension modeling. Fat lot of good that did for us. Just how many hours & Yen were spent on something that isn't quite right? It seems near enough is good enough.
Makes me ask a few more questions:
Is the person responsible for signing off on these contracts/programs still working at PD headquarters?
Do they have any involvement developing GT7?
If it was my decision, they would've been demoted to sweeping the floors!
I sincerely hope the power within the PS4, some stiff competition from other driving simulators & some enthusiasm for high standards at PD all combine to have a positive effect on GT7.

You can only work within the limits PD have enforced on us & that's good enough for me :bowdown: I'm just extremely thankful you care enough to bother :bowdown:
If they can't be bothered with accuracy that's one thing but, I'll never understand why they don't give you the accurate spring rate range so that if you want to exactly replicate them 100%, you can :confused:

Begs the question: just how many cars in GT6 are a 100% accurate representation of the IRL example?

When they were promoting the game prior to release, they couldn't shout loud enough about working with a tyre company (Yokohama?) to make a better tyre model and a shock absorber/damper company for better suspension modeling. Fat lot of good that did for us. Just how many hours & Yen were spent on something that isn't quite right? It seems near enough is good enough.
Makes me ask a few more questions:
Is the person responsible for signing off on these contracts/programs still working at PD headquarters?
Do they have any involvement developing GT7?
If it was my decision, they would've been demoted to sweeping the floors!
I sincerely hope the power within the PS4, some stiff competition from other driving simulators & some enthusiasm for high standards at PD all combine to have a positive effect on GT7.

I think no car in GT6 is accurate ( especially in weight and suspension ), all cars have silly toe values for a start, wrong distribution on most cars, inaccurate weight ( often uses claimed manufacturer weight that do not happen in real life car ), the stupid camber in stock suspension, most of cars have wrong spring rate ( stock ), and base damper at 1 ( this is not actual value in car data, each car has specific damper value, even on several stages of suspension parts )

The damper and ARB value in GUI is just simple slider, they represent hidden value specific for each car ( this is what PD and KW might have work on ), this is how each car damper/ARB can work on the spring rate ranges given their weight/distribution value and chassis data. The are more details on damper, but only viewable on CFW PS3 ( 4 way damping but only 2 way adjustable tied together on slider inside game GUI ).

The easy solution for PD is to hire car builder/researcher, with responsibility gathering car data from manufacturer and real life tests. Making sure each car as accurate as possible in stock values/stats, and then tuned the damper/ARB if possible to make them drive as close as possible to the real car, consulting with manufacturer test drive reports ( each car would have been tested in their respective proving ground ) Simple reports of the data would be helpful to tailor each car characteristics. An even more comprehensive step would be like I would do when building replicas, referencing real life performance and assign specific tire as stock tire for get close to the real car performance ( grip )

In short, my work should have been a paid work in PD car build department, and with the state of GT6 now, PD don't have such position, otherwise we will see at least 80% accurate cars in stock condition ( at least weight/distribution and suspension spring rate/alignment are correct )

This is huge undertaking that I think even PC game devs ( sim ) like Pcars ( SMS ) and Assetto Corsa ( Kunos ) would not have them all accurate, some changes may be made to make the car work under their physics engine or the staff might choose to set certain values ( their own decision which figure to use, weight for instance ) Factory damper valving and tire pressure are 2 example data that are hard to come by and can't always work accurately to real life even with great physics.

I think no car in GT6 is accurate ( especially in weight and suspension ), all cars have silly toe values for a start, wrong distribution on most cars, inaccurate weight ( often uses claimed manufacturer weight that do not happen in real life car ), the stupid camber in stock suspension, most of cars have wrong spring rate ( stock ), and base damper at 1 ( this is not actual value in car data, each car has specific damper value, even on several stages of suspension parts )

The damper and ARB value in GUI is just simple slider, they represent hidden value specific for each car ( this is what PD and KW might have work on ), this is how each car damper/ARB can work on the spring rate ranges given their weight/distribution value and chassis data. The are more details on damper, but only viewable on CFW PS3 ( 4 way damping but only 2 way adjustable tied together on slider inside game GUI ).

The easy solution for PD is to hire car builder/researcher, with responsibility gathering car data from manufacturer and real life tests. Making sure each car as accurate as possible in stock values/stats, and then tuned the damper/ARB if possible to make them drive as close as possible to the real car, consulting with manufacturer test drive reports ( each car would have been tested in their respective proving ground ) Simple reports of the data would be helpful to tailor each car characteristics. An even more comprehensive step would be like I would do when building replicas, referencing real life performance and assign specific tire as stock tire for get close to the real car performance ( grip )

In short, my work should have been a paid work in PD car build department, and with the state of GT6 now, PD don't have such position, otherwise we will see at least 80% accurate cars in stock condition ( at least weight/distribution and suspension spring rate/alignment are correct )

This is huge undertaking that I think even PC game devs ( sim ) like Pcars ( SMS ) and Assetto Corsa ( Kunos ) would not have them all accurate, some changes may be made to make the car work under their physics engine or the staff might choose to set certain values ( their own decision which figure to use, weight for instance ) Factory damper valving and tire pressure are 2 example data that are hard to come by and can't always work accurately to real life even with great physics.
If I were you, I'd seriously contemplate sending them a copy of my CV/resume and terms. I'd do it but I can't stand mediocrity and I can't speak, read or write Japanese. Therefore, I feel my tenure would be short lived.
If there's any justice in this world, someone important to Kaz/PD will contact you shortly :D

Lexus LFA BASE Standard Model 2010 - 2012

Tuned to replicate LEXUS LFA Base Coupe
Comfort Soft

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_24.jpg

CAR : LEXUS LFA '10
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Car & Driver Test March 25th 2010 ( up to 2012 Model Year )
Horsepower: 552 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque: 353.6 ft-lb at 7000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1625 kg
Ballast : 145 kg
Ballast Position : -25
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - used real life test 49.8 / 50.2
Performance Points: 533

Specs Auto Motor Und Sport SuperTest ( Full Tank ) September 26th 2011
Horsepower: 552 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque: 353.6 ft-lb at 7000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1598 kg
Ballast : 118 kg
Ballast Position : -37
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - used real life approx 50.3 / 49.7
Performance Points: 534

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Spectrum White Pearl or Active Red or African Violet or
Sassy Grass Green or Champion Yellow 4

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_19.jpg

Suspension - LEXUS OEM Spring/Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 115 115
Spring Rate: 8.77 10.51
Dampers (Compression): 4 5
Dampers (Extension): 4 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.7 1.7
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.17

LSD - Torsen Lexus LSD
Rear
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 22
Braking Sensitivity: 12

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_18.jpg

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Lexus LFA is one of the most famous supercar ever comes out from Japan. Toyota went all out building one of the most sought after and praised supercar from Japan. With years of developing time, exotics material and design, from engine to chassis, the car is built with extreme craftsmanship in true Japanese style, hand built parts and everything is carefully checked/documented. Even each bolt torque are measured and recorded in special filing kept at the plant for years to come. The LFA was produced from 2010-2012, with limited number of 500 cars and 50 of those are Nurburgring Package.

Official Basic Specification taken from LEXUS LFA Brochure

Engine type 1LR-GUE
Number of cylinders, Arrangement 10-cylinders, 72° v-type
Valve Mechanism 40-valve, dohc, rocker Arm type
Bore x Stroke, mm 88 x 79
Displacement, cc 4805
Compression ratio 12.0:1
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection
Research octane number 95 or higher
Maximum output (EEc-nEt), kw (PS)/rpm 412 (560)/8700
Maximum torque (EEc-nEt), nm (kgf-m)/rpm 480 (48.9)/6800
Maximum Engine Speed, rpm 9000
Exhaust Emission certification EURO 5

Performance
Maximum speed, km/h 325
0 to 100km/h, seconds 3.7

Transmission type RB60M 6-Speed ASG Automated Sequential gearbox
Ratios
Front counter gear ratio 1.259
1st gear 3.231
2nd gear 2.188
3rd gear 1.609
4th gear 1.233
5th gear 0.970
6th gear 0.795
Final drive 3.417

Maximum permissible speed
1st gear 83km/h
2nd gear 123km/h
3rd gear 167km/h
4th gear 218km/h
5th gear 277km/h
6th gear -

Differential Type TORSEN® LSD

The replica is based on real life test done by Car & Driver in 2010 and Auto Motor Und Sport in Sept 2011. Both have differing weight/distribution even when compared to the official Lexus weight/distribution claim 1480-1580kg and 48:52 weight distribution. As usual, actual car when tested is not always similar to the official figure given by manufacturer. The real LFA tend to have closer to 50/50 distribution ( about 0.5 percent forward or rearward ) and weight at closer to 1600kg or slightly more on full tank ( more likely due to custom order built cars ) Even with heaviest weight test, the replica still a high performer and can still beat real life lap record at Fuji on CS tire.

The power is stock at 552HP, no oil change is necessary. Weight are in 2 sets, feel free to try them all.

I have obtained detailed suspension data on the both LFA ( Base and Nurburgring Package ), the real car suspension spec for LFA base is :

Item Specification For LFA Standard Model

Vehicle height Minimum Clearance 115mm

Wheel alignment

Negative camber angle
Front: -0.7
Rear: -1.7

Toe = Used Lexus FR ( IS ) Generic OEM alignment base range.

Coil spring
Spring rate
Front: 86 N/mm = 8.772kg/mm
Rear: 103 N/mm = 10.506kg/mm

Stabilizer
Front Diameter: 31.8 mm
Gauge: 4 mm
Rear Diameter: 25.4 mm
Gauge: 4 mm

Shock Absorber
Damping Force ( Rate of 0.3 m/s )
Front: 1870/1800 N
Rear: 2860/2210 N

The spring rate has been set as in real life, with damper, ARB setup to reflect real life spec as well, taking into account test drive review. The alignment camber has been set as well according to the technical data ( rounded down ), and toe adapted from Lexus IS series OEM toe range as the toe value is not specified in the tech data ( standard LFA and Nurb Package uses same toe alignment )

Gear ratio is correct this time, with front counter gear ratio at 1.259 calculated by PD for stock transmission. Speeds on each gear at rev limit are accurate. If in the event of installing custom transmission, the front counter gear ratio needs to be calculated as well for getting correct final drive.

LSD is Lexus specific Torsen LSD, I have set the LSD at about 40% lock ratio with medium preload. This offers nice balance of traction and freedom of movement giving the LFA unique handling on the limit.

The early LFA tested in 2010 were equipped with Bridgestone Potenza S001 tires, while the specially made tire on LFA Nurburgring Package is Bridgestone Potenza RE070. The LFA is capable of pulling approx 1.05G of lateral grip. The tire is similar to Comfort Soft. When tested at Fuji it was capable of 1:54s done with Car & Driver Spec, a few tenths quicker than real life record at 1:54.60.

A replay has been provided as well as the official LEXUS LFA Brochure in PDF format, enjoy the reading filled with detailed technical break down on each car component and beautiful pictures ( small size at 1.79MB )

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_20.jpg

Fuji Speedway F_7.jpg

Fuji Speedway F_8.jpg

LFA.JPG

Attachments

• Lexus_LFABrochure.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • LexusLFAFujiF1m54sCS.zip
    397 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Room opened in Ridox / Best Motoring Club for a, hopefully, nice endurance (30 min each track) Lexus LFA '10, Orido's new tune racing session. Available for club members only. No Aids allowed.

:cheers:

Room opened in Ridox / Best Motoring Club for a, hopefully, nice endurance (30 min each track) Lexus LFA '10, Orido's new tune racing session. Available for club members only. No Aids allowed.

:cheers:
That sounds like a whole lot of fun.
Unfortunately I'm offline only but let us know how it all goes anyway.

Whaa, fan club, really ?:bowdown::crazy: I don't think I'm that famous :dunce: Am I ? Anyone have driven the LFA ? Did it bomb ? My last test session on the Nurburgring Package got 1:02s time at Tsukuba on CS tire, comparable to C6 ZR1 and almost as quick as C7 Z06 + Nissan GTR. The key to the brakes is rear damper :P

I also wet my pants driving the LFA Nurb Pack and Audi TT-RS at Bathurst in the rain :P The Audi TT-RS is one hell of a special car, even with high lock LSD ( close to 100% lock ratio ) at the front axle, more than 60% weight at the front, it still drives like a boss on comfort tires. The car has 6 MT of Audi TT-RS, maybe I shall add 7 speed auto dual clutch as well, but only 6 gears can be used, the 7th is useless anyway ( overdrive ).

Whaa, fan club, really ?:bowdown::crazy: I don't think I'm that famous :dunce: Am I ? Anyone have driven the LFA ? Did it bomb ? My last test session on the Nurburgring Package got 1:02s time at Tsukuba on CS tire, comparable to C6 ZR1 and almost as quick as C7 Z06 + Nissan GTR. The key to the brakes is rear damper :P

I also wet my pants driving the LFA Nurb Pack and Audi TT-RS at Bathurst in the rain :P The Audi TT-RS is one hell of a special car, even with high lock LSD ( close to 100% lock ratio ) at the front axle, more than 60% weight at the front, it still drives like a boss on comfort tires. The car has 6 MT of Audi TT-RS, maybe I shall add 7 speed auto dual clutch as well, but only 6 gears can be used, the 7th is useless anyway ( overdrive ).
Wet pants at Bathurst in the rain you say. That'll teach you for driving around with the sunroof open :P
The TT-RS sounds like it can punch above it's weight division.
There was one entered in this year's Bathurst 12hr but it was driven by amateurs and DNF'd in the first hour thanks to wandering into the path of a much faster car. A driver by the name of Matt Close has driven one in Targa Tasmania for the last 2 or 3 years and has had very good results against some heavy hitters.

Wet pants at Bathurst in the rain you say. That'll teach you for driving around with the sunroof open :P
The TT-RS sounds like it can punch above it's weight division.
There was one entered in this year's Bathurst 12hr but it was driven by amateurs and DNF'd in the first hour thanks to wandering into the path of a much faster car. A driver by the name of Matt Close has driven one in Targa Tasmania for the last 2 or 3 years and has had very good results against some heavy hitters.

The replica is built on Audi TTS '09, pretty close to the TT-RS, bump the power with turbo kit + other power parts and even the power/torque is similar to the TT-RS :eek:, 7K redline, very close torque figure, complicated gear ratio with 2 finals being used in the transaxle :grumpy: ( 6MT and 7AT has different finals on different gear sets ), calculating the correct ratio to hit correct max speed on each gear/rpm limit is not easy. I built this based on a request from PSN ( a driver I met online ) that said he had the real car, thus I can get detailed spring rate and alignment. The car is the last batch of 6MT Audi TT-RS. There will be several weight specs ( from Audi official curb weight to real car weight )

The Audi TT-RS 2012 7AT is no slouch, able to sprint to 60mph in 3.6s and 12.1s quarter mile :drool: Haldex IV magic.

There are already two members. :P
The Fan Club will grow I'm sure. 👍
Yes I m having great time racing it at Tour of Japan Challenge. :cheers:

Good to hear 👍 Don't forget the brutish Viper :lol: The GTS or Base Coupe should be tamer than the TA :P

My buddy bought a Lexus IS250 F-Sport for his wife, so occasionally we have had to go to the Lexus dealership. The owner happens to own one of these badboys and he keeps it in his showroom. What a showoff. :sly: My photo doesn't do the car justice. I don't know why, but the color is very washed out in my pic.

LFA w/Nurburgring Package:

LFA_Nurburgring_Package.jpg

Ugh... My brother is currently test driving this very car: http://www.autoipacket.com/packet-share/?p=0262C564-C916-9138-ACAE05E8E97CC1C2 - he drove a different 911 Carrera S last week and a brand new M4. Believe it or not, he was actually more impressed with the BMW M4 than the Carrera S! But, he said he thought that 911 was in an accident or something and just not reported. He said it had so many squeaks and creaks and rattles in the cabin. It was his second 911 Carrera S test drive and the first car he drove wasn't like that.

No, no oversteer felt. And no understeer neither. ;)
That sounds perfect 👍 Complete obedience :D

Ugh... My brother is currently test driving this very car: http://www.autoipacket.com/packet-share/?p=0262C564-C916-9138-ACAE05E8E97CC1C2 - he drove a different 911 Carrera S last week and a brand new M4. Believe it or not, he was actually more impressed with the BMW M4 than the Carrera S! But, he said he thought that 911 was in an accident or something and just not reported. He said it had so many squeaks and creaks and rattles in the cabin. It was his second 911 Carrera S test drive and the first car he drove wasn't like that.
If your Brother needs a back seat, he should get the Bavarian, if not, shop in Stuttgart :)

Back