RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
:eek: :cool:

Weird, would that be due to the car taking on board fuel and driver weight and producing camber gain due to slight compression of the suspension?

Fuel, driver, yes :) The car is RB4, pretty similar to Celica GT4 ( in looks ) :D It's normal, as even when an empty car is loaded with stuff and driver/passenger, it will gain camber and in some cases toe out or in ( depending on suspension geometry )

Hey Ridox!. I've just made a real life spec setup tune for the Peugeot RCZ 156 THP '09.
I've corrected its weight, at kerb 1.349 kg, with full tank fuel, 60 liter + my own weight, 82 kg,
given a total at 1.491 kg.:D. I also corrected the hp from real life, 154 hp - 5.900 rpm,
and 25 kgm - 1.700 rpm. The real car has 154 hp - 5.800 rpm, 24 kgm - 1.400 rpm.
I tried to get the exact weight distribution at 70.80%/29.20%, I ended up with 66%/34%, with window weight reduction. I installed Catalytic converter, as the real car has this.:D.
For the suspension, I have used McPherson springs, with street alignment,
Front, rear
Ride Height
110 - 110
Spring Rate
6.35 - 3.63
Dampers (compression)
3 - 4
Dampers (extension)
3 - 3
Anti-Roll Bar
2 - 3
Camper Angle (-)
1.0 - 0.0
Toe Angle
-0.11 - 0.00
And for LSD, I've used a 1.5" way
Initial torque 15
Acceleration Sensitivity 24
Braking Sensitivity 5
Brake Discs & Calipers standard: 8 - 10
I've also corrected the Transmission, corrected the top gear ratio to 0.741, as the real,
and the final gear ratio to 3.891.:D.
Set to Default.
Set final to 3.891.
Set Max speed to 290 km/h
Set individual gears
1. 3.538
2. 2.041
3. 1.433
4. 1.102
5. 0.880
6. 0.741
I have also installed a Twin plate clutch.
I chose to go on with Comfort Soft tires, it works best I fell.:).
Don't expect the car to be fast, my goal was to stay close to real life specs, and I think I have indeed here.
I like the soft suspension, it drive so smooth, and sticks to the road. The real cars top speed is 216 km/h, and I tested the car on Le Mans '13, and it did do that in fifth gear, it's okay I think.
No oil change, set power limiter at 74.5%.
These FF cars are so fun to drive:cheers:, when you have the time I hope you try this tune of mine, and give an honest feedback, positive, and negative:D:tup:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ridox!. I've just made a real life spec setup tune for the Peugeot RCZ 156 THP '09.
I've corrected its weight, at kerb 1.349 kg, with full tank fuel, 60 liter + my own weight, 82 kg,
given a total at 1.491 kg.:D. I also corrected the hp from real life, 154 hp - 5.900 rpm,
and 25 kgm - 1.700 rpm. The real car has 154 hp - 5.800 rpm, 24 kgm - 1.400 rpm.
I tried to get the exact weight distribution at 70.80%/29.20%, I ended up with 66%/34%, with window weight reduction. I installed Catalytic converter, as the real car has this.:D.
Front, rear
Ride Height
110 - 110
Spring Rate
6.35 - 3.63
Dampers (compression)
3 - 4
Dampers (extension)
3 - 3
Anti-Roll Bar
2 - 3
Camper Angle (-)
1.0 - 0.0
Toe Angle
-0.11 - 0.00
Initial torque 15
Braking Sensitivity 5
I've also corrected the Transmission, corrected the top gear ratio to 0.741, as the real,
Set to Default.
Set final to 3.891.
Set individual gears
1. 3.538
2. 2.041
3. 1.433
4. 1.102
5. 0.880
6. 0.741
Don't expect the car to be fast, my goal was to stay close to real life specs, and I think I have indeed here.
I like the soft suspension, it drive so smooth, and sticks to the road. The real cars top speed is 216 km/h, and I tested the car on Le Mans '13, and it did do that in fifth gear, it's okay I think.
These FF cars are so fun to drive:cheers:, when you have the time I hope you try this tune of mine, and give an honest feedback, positive, and negative:D:tup:.

I'll build the car next time I play and drive it on some track :) I think I have RCZ already, did made a setup for it long time ago.

It was a fail 400-450PP online race tune :lol:
Question for you Ridox.

Do you believe the damper settings of 1 all around that we find in a default setup are the same as fitting FC suspension and changing the dampers to 1?
I found the correct spring rates for the C3 Corvettes, fitted FC suspension to a car, and after entering the correct spring rates (+0.02 as the real rear spring rate at 2.50kgf/mm isn't possible), lowered the dampers to 1 all around.
I took this car for a few laps at Bathurst and it definitely felt a lot sloppier than the standard in-game suspension that comes with the car. I pulled into the pits and got the mechanics to up the dampers all around to 2, went for a lap and it felt a lot more like the standard car before I reached the top of the mountain.

I'm very interested in your opinion on this.

Question for you Ridox.

Do you believe the damper settings of 1 all around that we find in a default setup are the same as fitting FC suspension and changing the dampers to 1?
I found the correct spring rates for the C3 Corvettes, fitted FC suspension to a car, and after entering the correct spring rates (+0.02 as the real rear spring rate at 2.50kgf/mm isn't possible), lowered the dampers to 1 all around.
I took this car for a few laps at Bathurst and it definitely felt a lot sloppier than the standard in-game suspension that comes with the car. I pulled into the pits and got the mechanics to up the dampers all around to 2, went for a lap and it felt a lot more like the standard car before I reached the top of the mountain.

I'm very interested in your opinion on this.

The stock suspension and other suspension kits ( including full custom ) have different damper characteristics, this is what I found on some cars since back in GT5 when I do a lot of hybrids. So, damper at 1 for stock maybe be harsher or softer than full custom at 1. A suspension kit or code when I do hybrid have several specific parameters, like ride height range, suspension mounting ( some suspension with same range/value can jack up the car or stance it ), spring rate range ( some can have very wide range and came with versatile damper range ), damper, ARB ( some can be very narrow in range, going hardest at 7 can still be soft, some suspension code have stiff ARB range ), and the hidden one is caster, not sure if all cars have same caster, but on some cars, the caster+camber effect when turning the wheels seems more pronounced ( including visual - the drift car suspension that I made a hybrid S15 back in GT5 )

The only thing that stays the same on all suspension code/kit are the alignment.

I usually started on full soft on all damper anyway, and go from there. On rare occasion I would try hardest damper and see how much change it gives, sometime not much, sometimes too much :P

I did have special suspension kit code that have all of the best in parameters, can be stanced, wide range of spring rate, great damper range, ARB that have wide range, and works well on most of the cars I fitted with ( this was in GT5 )

I did experiment back then ( GT5 ), same car, same tune, but I change the suspension code from another car, still keeping the same settings, it drives a bit different and the car sits lower even on same ride height :lol: The same should be in GT6 as I don't see any change to the way a car is built in game ( codes for parts )

Last edited:
The stock suspension and other suspension kits ( including full custom ) have different damper characteristics, this is what I found on some cars since back in GT5 when I do a lot of hybrids. So, damper at 1 for stock maybe be harsher or softer than full custom at 1. A suspension kit or code when I do hybrid have several specific parameters, like ride height range, suspension mounting ( some suspension with same range/value can jack up the car or stance it ), spring rate range ( some can have very wide range and came with versatile damper range ), damper, ARB ( some can be very narrow in range, going hardest at 7 can still be soft, some suspension code have stiff ARB range ), and the hidden one is caster, not sure if all cars have same caster, but on some cars, the caster+camber effect when turning the wheels seems more pronounced ( including visual - the drift car suspension that I made a hybrid S15 back in GT5 )

The only thing that stays the same on all suspension code/kit are the alignment.

I usually started on full soft on all damper anyway, and go from there. On rare occasion I would try hardest damper and see how much change it gives, sometime not much, sometimes too much :P

I did have special suspension kit code that have all of the best in parameters, can be stanced, wide range of spring rate, great damper range, ARB that have wide range, and works well on most of the cars I fitted with ( this was in GT5 )

I did experiment back then ( GT5 ), same car, same tune, but I change the suspension code from another car, still keeping the same settings, it drives a bit different and the car sits lower even on same ride height :lol: The same should be in GT6 as I don't see any change to the way a car is built in game ( codes for parts )
Ok my friend. Thanks for sharing your experience :cheers:

Front, rear
Ride Height
110 - 110
Spring Rate
6.35 - 3.63
Dampers (compression)
3 - 4
Dampers (extension)
3 - 3
Anti-Roll Bar
2 - 3
Camper Angle (-)
1.0 - 0.0
Toe Angle
-0.11 - 0.00
Initial torque 15
Braking Sensitivity 5
Set to Default.
Set final to 3.891.
Set individual gears
1. 3.538
2. 2.041
3. 1.433
4. 1.102
5. 0.880
6. 0.741

I could only have a few laps at Tsukuba driving the RCZ, nicely done mate, drive quite well, nimble, good brakes, easily driven on CS tire. Haven't found any negative yet :), except maybe it's lacking in power :lol:

Thank you Ridox for replying on my RCZ replica tune:). Quite happy, that you also find it nimble, and easy to drive, even for a few laps. I know it lacks on power, that was what I intended, to stay close as possible to real specs. I haven't tried it yet with more power, maybe later, maybe you will:), when you have more time available. I think of adding a sport exhaust, with manifold, and sport ECU, and not change anything in the tune, hopefully the transmission will still do. :D
This car surprised me, with these specs. :cheers:

RUF RGT Unreleased Build
560PP based on GT3 Cup

Special Build RGT 560PP
Sports Medium Front / Sports Soft Rear

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_134.jpg

CAR : RUF RGT '00
Tire : Sports Medium Front / Sports Soft Rear

Specs
Horsepower: 552 HP / 560 PS at 8100 RPM
Torque : 374.4 ft-lb at 5600 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1240 kg
Ballast : 88 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 40 / 60
Performance Points: 560

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size OZ Ultraleggera in Black or BBS RS
Car Paint : Solid White or Black or Yellow Canary or Crystal Laurit Silver or Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood Body Color
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Eibach Spring Sachs Damper

Front, Rear
Ride Height: 70 70
Spring Rate: 8.66 10.24
Dampers (Compression): 4 8
Dampers (Extension): 4 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 1.0 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.05 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final 3.525
Set Auto Max Speed at 310kmh / 192mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.166
2nd 2.153
3rd 1.722
4th 1.400
5th 1.154
6th 0.964
Set Final 3.700

LSD Porsche 996 GT3 Cup 40/60 Low Preload-BASE
Rear
Initial Torque : 11
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 36

LSD Porsche 997 GT3 Cup 28/40 Low Preload - OPTIONAL
Rear
Initial Torque : 11
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 24

Brake Balance:
2/2 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/2 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

A simple tune made from 996 GT3 Cup replica, some changes has been made for SM/SS tire fitment. The front SM tires gives easier handling car, focusing on consistency, less snappy, while still maintaining rear engine Porsche handling traits and minimal reduction of lap time compared to SS/SS tire.

Tested at various tracks, capable of 2m2s at Nurb GP/F and 1:22s at Apricot Hill, pretty quick for SM/SS setup. Replay included.

Attachments

• RGT2m2sNurbGpFSMSS.zip
    434 KB · Views: 20
  • RGT1m22sApricotSMSS.zip
    321.7 KB · Views: 14
A good source reading for damper tuning phase diagnosis :

CORNERING PHASE DEFINITIONS

PHASE 1: Increasing braking + increasing steering
This phase is the first part of a fast decreasing radius turn. This
phase will not occur at all if maximum braking is achieved before
turning in. Since weight is being transferred both forward and outboard,
the outside front damper moves in the bump direction. Also, the inside
rear damper moves in rebound. The other two dampers do not move as much
or as rapidly, so their effects are minimal. For our purposes, we will
consider the inside front and outside rear dampers to have a fixed
position during phase 1.

PHASE 2: Decreasing braking + increasing steering
This is the turn in phase of a slow corner. This phase may or may not
occur depending on the type of turn and driving technique. Weight is
being transferred outboard and aft, so the outboard rear damper moves
in bump and the inside front damper moves in rebound. The other two
dampers are considered to be stationary.

PHASE 3A: Increasing steering at constant throttle
This phase can be a course correction, a slalom turn in, or a turn
entry taken at full throttle. Weight is being transferred outboard, so
both outside dampers travel in bump and both inside dampers travel in rebound.

PHASE 3B: Decreasing steering at constant throttle
This is the opposite of phase 3A. During a slalom, this phase occurs
while the steering is changing away from the current cornering
direction. As soon as the lateral acceleration passes through zero, the
car reverts to phase 3A. This is part of why so many spins occur in slaloms.

PHASE 4: Decreasing steering + increasing throttle (or decreasing braking)
This is the apex-to-exit phase. Weight is being transferred inboard and
aft, so the outside front moves in rebound and the inside rear moves in
bump. The other two dampers are considered stationary.

The following table presents the damper adjustments available to modify
the cornering balance in each phase.
Each entry lists the phase, the damper travel directions, the desired change, and the damper
adjustments available to produce that change.
"+" indicates stiffer damping
"-" indicates softer damping.
IF is inside front, OF is outside front.
IR is inside rear, OR is outside rear.

damper.JPG

Source : http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/shocktune1.html

Last edited:

position during phase 1.

Each entry lists the phase, the damper travel directions, the desired change, and the damper

View attachment 512954
That's a nice little resource :) very informative. Thanks for sharing mate :cheers:

position during phase 1.

IR is inside rear, OR is outside rear.

View attachment 512954
Only if it's possible, could you share the source for these? ;)

SPOON Sports/Type One Garage Honda S2000 AP2 Demo Street Car Replica 456PP

Tuned to replicate Spoon Sports/Type One Garage Honda S2000 AP2 Demo Street Car
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Honda S2000 '06
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 275 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque : 188.7 ft-lb at 7100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.0%
Weight: 1088 kg
Ballast : 41 kg ( hardtop weight is simulated via ballast and position :D )
Ballast Position : 16
Weight Distribution : 49 / 51 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 456

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - the real car has extensive reinforcement, including welded steel frame on the front suspension mounts and hardtop installed.
Aero Kits Type B
Rear Wing - Generic Wing Type B
Wheels : Standard Size - RAYS CE28N painted in Chrome GT Japanese 010-W
Car Paint : Pure White

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - SPOON Sports N1 Spec Coilover Damper Kit - Original
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 85 85
Spring Rate: 14.00 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 8 6
Dampers (Extension): 4 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.16

UPDATE - 3 Sets of Real World Alignment based on Factory Honda S2000 Manual ( Street ) and Track Setup Baseline from UK spec and Aggressive Track Alignment.

Suspension - SPOON Sports N1 Spec Coilover Damper Kit with Street Alignment
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.5 1.5 ( front camber range 0.5 +/- 0.167, rear camber range 1.5 +/- 0.167 )
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.07 ( Toe in range front : 0.00 +/- 0.09, rear : 0.07 to 0.26 )

Suspension - SPOON Sports N1 Spec Coilover Damper Kit with Track Oriented Alignment ( UK Spec )
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.0 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.26

Suspension - SPOON Sports N1 Spec Coilover Damper Kit with Aggressive Track Alignment
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 3.5 3.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.16

LSD - SPOON Sports Circuit Spec 1.5 way (60/30), factory medium preload
Initial Torque : 21
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40
Braking Sensitivity: 20

AERO
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
4/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Spoon, one of the best Honda tuner ever !!

I saw this car featured on magazine articles, then I got really curious, how does it drive in GT6 ? so I build a replica :D

The suspension comes from SPOON Sports N1 Spec Coilover with pretty high spring rate set at 14k/12k, the stiff springs made the car really sharp, with tuned dampers for balance between understeer and oversteer.

ARB has been set quite stiff at 4/4, giving good feel on turn in and exits.

For LSD, I have used SPOON 1.5 way Circuit spec LSD, with high cam angle on both drive side and coast/brake side, torque preload from factory set at medium. This gives the S2000 very good traction all around, but not too restrictive.

The weight distribution has also been fixed at 49/51 as in real life spec S2000 AP2 with hardtop installed. The Spoon Sports Type One Garage S2000 AP2 demo was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP and Bathurst :)

When tested at Tsukuba on comfort soft, it's capable of easy consistent 1:04s lap ( stock gearbox )

ENJOY :cheers:

htup_0803_17_z%2bspoon_sport_honda_s2000_demo_car%2bfront_custom_widebody_front_view.jpg

UPDATE : Added 3 set of alignment that should work on 1.09

UPDATE 1.15 : Corrected toe in value ( per side )
Used this car (as speced for Fan Club Quadrilogy event) for the Beginner's level Non-Race Car Challenge at Autumn Ring. Easy win on CS :) Very, very, very, easy win on SH ;) :cheers:

Used this car (as speced for Fan Club Quadrilogy event) for the Beginner's level Non-Race Car Challenge at Autumn Ring. Easy win on CS :) Very, very, very, easy win on SH ;) :cheers:

Try the same car at Intermediate Apricot Hill :D

I will be posting new cars soon, the RAM with rear full locked rear diff, and HKS 180SX Hipermax ( III and D Nob Spec ) both can easily win at Apricot Hill :D

Try the same car at Intermediate Apricot Hill :D

I will be posting new cars soon, the RAM with rear full locked rear diff, and HKS 180SX Hipermax ( III and D Nob Spec ) both can easily win at Apricot Hill :D
Challenge accepted :D
1455470152582-736885592.jpg

Sorry about the damage, some old sales rep called E. Jenkins tried to slam the door a little too late going into the right hand loop :embarrassed:.....It'll buff out ok :lol:

Challenge accepted :D
View attachment 514588
Sorry about the damage, some old sales rep called E. Jenkins tried to slam the door a little too late going into the right hand loop :embarrassed:.....It'll buff out ok :lol:

Apricot Hill reverse is quite fun to race on :) The HKS 180SX / 240SX will have special damper options to show how proper damper tuning ( using real life method ) works wonder to change how a car behave around corners. A simple change can do a lot :D ( of course with a well setup damper/ARB to begin with )

HKS HIPERMAX D'NOB SPEC R(P)S13 450PP Version
CA18DE(T)/SR20DE(T)

Tuned to replicate HKS Hipermax D'NOB SPEC 180SX 450PP ver.
Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_45.jpg

CAR : NISSAN 180SX TYPE X '96 and NISSAN 240SX '96
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

Specs 180SX 450PP
Horsepower: 278 HP / 282 PS at 5900 RPM
Torque : 260.1 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.7%
Weight: 1243 kg
Ballast : 124 kg
Ballast Position : 42
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 450

Specs 240SX 450PP
Horsepower: 280 HP / 284 PS at 6600 RPM
Torque : 253.8 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.2%
Weight: 1243 kg
Ballast : 124 kg
Ballast Position : 42
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
No Wing
Wheels : 1 Inch Up VOLK RAYS TE37SL in Black
Car Paint : Spark Silver or Midnight Purple or Bay Side Blue.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - ONLY FOR 180SX
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission ( OPTIONAL )
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood Body Color
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - HKS HIPERMAX D'NOB SPEC with HKS Technical Factory Test Car Alignment Range
HKS Test Car Ride Height Setup
Stable Damper -BASE

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 78
Spring Rate: 8.00 5.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 3.7 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00

Suspension - HKS HIPERMAX D'NOB SPEC with HKS Technical Factory Test Car Alignment Range
HKS Test Car Ride Height Setup
Better Turn in Damper - MOST EFFECTIVE ON THE 240SX

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 78
Spring Rate: 8.00 5.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 4
Dampers (Extension): 2 7 ( LOWER FRONT DAMPER EXTENSION )
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 3.7 1.3

Apricot Hill Raceway_16.jpg

STOCK GEARBOX OR
DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed OS Giken Cross Gear Mission with NISSAN OEM Final-180SX
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.596
2nd 1.765
3rd 1.250
4th 1.000
5th 0.833
6th 0.759 - Ignore this
Set Final : 4.300 - OPTIONAL FINAL OEM NISSAN : 4.363 or stock 180SX 4.083

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed OS Giken Cross Gear Mission with NISSAN OEM Final-240SX
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 310kmh / 193mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.596
2nd 1.765
3rd 1.250
4th 1.000
5th 0.833
6th 0.759 - Ignore this
Set Final : 4.300 - OPTIONAL FINAL OEM NISSAN : 4.363 or stock 180SX 4.083

OPTIONAL GEAR RATIOS - USE FINAL 4.083, 4.300 and 4.363:
IKEYA FORMULA SEQUENTIAL/ H PATTERN MISSION
1st 2.711
2nd 1.799
3rd 1.288
4th 1.000
5th 0.812

6 Speed NISMO HEAVY DUTY CROSS MISSION
1st 2.907
2nd 1.988
3rd 1.537
4th 1.218
5th 1.000
6th 0.862

OS GIKEN CROSS GEAR Kit ( 3 Speed )
1st 2.717
2nd 1.722
3rd 1.232
4th 1.000
5th 0.759

HKS SEQUENTIAL 5 Speed V1
1st 2.773
2nd 1.984
3rd 1.548
4th 1.246
5th 1.000

HKS SEQUENTIAL 5 Speed V2
1st 2.971
2nd 2.094
3rd 1.548
4th 1.246
5th 1.000

HKS SEQUENTIAL 6 Speed
1st 2.773
2nd 1.984
3rd 1.548
4th 1.246
5th 1.000
6th 0.807

LSD - NISMO GT LSD 2 Way
Initial Torque : 13
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 30

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_48.jpg

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 7/10, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

THe HKS Hipermax D'Nob Spec 180SX is a special build 450PP version, using real life spec of HKS 180SX D'Nob Spec test car, from weight, distribution, and suspension, while power level, gear ratio and LSD are custom. Stock gearbox can be used if wished.

The D'Nob Spec is special version of HKS Hipermax III coilover with focus more on drift while still great for track day time trial. Nobuteru Taniguchi gave input and his expertise to setup the coilover, spring rate is a balance often used in drift car, 8kg front and 5 kg rear for Nissan S chassis cars. Not too stiff and yet can still perform well on high G load and slip angle.

Ride height and alignment uses HKS test car spec, while ARB and damper has been optimized using real life method. Damper and ARB tuning was done mainly at Tsukuba. Aiming for balance and traction on CS tire and SH tire.

The 180SX and 240SX in GT6 has some difference, firstly the 180SX is standard car, while the 240SX is semi premium ( not much improvement ). Both cars shares similar body, chassis, suspension, gear ratio, LSD and weight/distribution when stock. The other main difference is engine, the 180SX has higher redline at closer to 8K while the 240SX has 7k redline, this also gives different power/torque curve at given PP.

When both cars has been setup with same exact specs, there is small difference as well ( other than engine/speed on each gear ) in handling. This is an example of how similar car suspension ( with same ride height range, same spring rate range ) can have different outcome when setup in the same value ( damper in this case )

The 180SX is slightly less responsive to damper change compared to the 240SX, to show this effect, I have included an optional damper for front extension, lower at 2 ( base is 5 for stable )

The lower front extension on the 240SX gave better turn in and mid corner response to steering and throttle, while the 180SX has less effect, still both are very close in handling performance.

Both 180SX and 240SX in this built has exact same suspension, LSD, weight ( distribution, ballast/position ). Due to different redline and torque/HP, speeds at each gear on stock is slightly different.

Try both cars with same stable damper setup and take it Tsukuba and Apricot Hill Reverse to see the little difference they have. Then lower front extension to 2 on both cars to see how they react to change.

The rear compression and extension ( corner exit, rotation and acceleration traction ) has been well setup, you can increase or decrease both by 1 to see how different the car will drive, same goes for the front compression ( steering and braking ).

Changing only the front extension from 5 to 2 is enough to alter the turn in and steering response to suit different style, the 5 front extension offers better stability, while lower at 2 gives better freedom. Running higher than 5 may result in tighter car.

For gear ratio, I included lots of options, for base you can run stock gearbox, it runs well. Alternatively, use the OS Giken setup or use the many ratios I have provided ( IKEYA, NISMO, OS GIKEN and HKS ) There are 3 sets of final drive ratio available, the stock 4.083, the 4.300 and 4.363 OEM NISSAN that can be fitted as well.

LSD this time is NISMO GT 2 Way, with low preload, for street and track day, this should be more than enough.

The 240SX and 180SX when tested at Tsukuba is capable of 1:04s lap ( using OS Giken 5 speed above and 4.300 final ) I have included the replay for the 240SX. The 240SX and 180SX also can win at intermediate seasonal race ( Apricot Hill Reverse ), capable of 1:37s lap consistently.

Attachments

• 240SX1m4sTsukubaSH.zip
    277.9 KB · Views: 12
Nice, wonder who suggested the tune for Tune of the Week, thank you :cheers: :) I need to update the OP, will do that once I posted 2 more cars, the RAM 1500 truck ( 500/50PP ) and Ferrari 458 Italia ( Lightweight Spec and Challenge ), and if time permits on the PS3, I may post some more supercars as well :P
It wasn't me. I think T12 has tried it himself and here you go. :) 👍

Nice, wonder who....
Like he said...
It wasn't me.
:)

But, I will say congrats for yet another piece of TotW silverware finding it's way to a good home....in your trophy warehouse :lol::cheers:👍

On another subject, I'm looking forward to this...
The HKS 180SX / 240SX will have special damper options to show how proper damper tuning ( using real life method ) works wonder to change how a car behave around corners. A simple change can do a lot :D ( of course with a well setup damper/ARB to begin with )
That's a lot of different combos to try out 👍 Your Jun BRZ was similar, with multiple damper adjustments, I know that these were mostly to suit different tyre compounds, but they were good to explore to show how the changes would alter the handling on the same tyre too 👍. That replica was a great learning tool for suspension/geometry tuning IMO.

I had only just stumbled across the HKS website the other day too (like...a day before you posted that :rolleyes: :lol:), when I was looking for some BRZ/86GT/FR-S transmission options. They've got so much stuff in there, it was like being a kid in a candy store 👍.

It wasn't me. I think T12 has tried it himself and here you go. :) 👍

:eek: @Terronium-12 If it was indeed you who chose the RUF RGT for the TOW, thank you :cheers:

Like he said...
:)

But, I will say congrats for yet another piece of TotW silverware finding it's way to a good home....in your trophy warehouse :lol::cheers:👍

On another subject, I'm looking forward to this...

That's a lot of different combos to try out 👍 Your Jun BRZ was similar, with multiple damper adjustments, I know that these were mostly to suit different tyre compounds, but they were good to explore to show how the changes would alter the handling on the same tyre too 👍. That replica was a great learning tool for suspension/geometry tuning IMO.

I had only just stumbled across the HKS website the other day too (like...a day before you posted that :rolleyes: :lol:), when I was looking for some BRZ/86GT/FR-S transmission options. They've got so much stuff in there, it was like being a kid in a candy store 👍.

Thank you, I never counted how many TOW I have in the past, so uh, I still think as if it's the 1st time I got it, wow, I'm jumping around :lol:

For the 180SX/240SX, I'm hoping others could feel the changes to the car with simple damper tweak ( front extension ), play with the damper a bit, lower or raise by 1 to see how it affect the balance of the car, and may they found something to suit them and learn while doing it.

HKS site, its best to browse on the Japanese region site, that's where I got most of my HKS test car data ( HKS Hipermax III detailed info also provide their test car data, usually weight/distribution, camber/toe alignment ( stock vs HKS ), ride height drop ) There are many JDM cars there :P

I'm writing the Dodge RAM 1500 now, it's a unique build, oriented towards high skill level , with rear spool diff ( 60/60/60 ) :D It sets blistering quick lap times for a truck with spool ( Apricot Hill and Midfield ) It's heavy, it's wild and in the hands of good driver, a troll car :lol: I also tested it online with tire wear very fast at Tsukuba, on CS tire :D Even tire wear front and rear with some pacing to conserve the tires.

Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie HEMI Quad Cab '04
500 and 550PP

Special Build Dodge RAM Hemi Cab 500PP & 550PP
Comfort Soft to Sports soft

Mid-Field Raceway_82.jpg

CAR : Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie HEMI Quad Cab '04
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs 500PP
Horsepower: 541 HP / 549 PS at 5100 RPM
Torque : 578.2 ft-lb at 4900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 85.8%
Weight: 1820 kg
Ballast : 43 kg
Ballast Position : -35
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43
Performance Points: 500

Specs 550PP
Horsepower: 761 HP / 772 PS at 6200 RPM
Torque : 745.8 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1820 kg
Ballast : 43 kg
Ballast Position : -35
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : +2 Inch Up PDI P525 in Black
Car Paint : Vintage Red or Rosso Siviglia or Matte Light Silver or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning - ONLY FOR 550PP
Catalytic Converter Sports
Supercharger - ONLY FOR 550PP
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission OR STOCK GEARBOX ( more stable on CS tire )
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood Body Color
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Custom Coil Springs 448/448
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 8.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 3
Dampers (Extension): 3 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 0.00

STOCK GEARBOX ( TRY THIS FIRST ) OR
DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Ratios
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 349kmh / 217mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.560
2nd 2.350
3rd 1.680
4th 1.270
5th 1.050
6th 0.900
Set Final : 3.500

LSD - Front Open - Rear Spool ( Full Locked Diff )
Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 60

Torque Distributing Center Differential
Front/Rear = 33:67

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 7/10, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Dodge RAM 1500 was notoriously famous back in GT5 online racing, capable of being competitive in PP limited rooms on high grip tires and in particular sprint races with no tire wear.
It's sheer acceleration off the line, it's heavy weight and large size, makes is harder to pass and any contact will usually lead the smaller lighter car bounce away.

This build is not trying to make the RAM a troll truck, but rather twisted wild build for the masochists :lol:
The RAM receives full diet this time, and some ballast added to get into 550PP with balanced HP/torque as well as maintaining real life distribution of weight at 57% front.

I have also included 500PP version, which removes the intake tuning and supercharger, and moderate use of limiter. This will be a bit more easier to drive.
The suspension for the RAM uses springs on the softer side at 8kg/mm all around, the aim is to make it compliant on all kinds of track surface.

Another unique approach I used is the LSD, I intentionally used a spool type rear LSD, set at 60/60/60, this gives the highest lock ratio performance in all situation.
The front LSD stays open, set at 5/5/5, while gear ratio is custom. For CS tire on 550PP, stock gear ratio may be beneficial as it allows the truck to be more stable in power delivery.

To drive this truck, forget the usual ways to drive light sports car, this is a truck, treat it as such.
The torque split is optimized at 33/67, this gives looser handling on sports tires and good balance on CS tire.
Be smart with the throttle and brake, know when to coast, when to flat on gas and where to take the line to brake, entry and exit. Download the replays to see how the truck is pushed around tracks like Apricot and midfield.
It's good practice to sense how the rear tires hook up mid corner, when the front started to rotate more as you modulate the gas, it's time to floor it :D

The RAM was mainly tuned and tested at Apricot Hill, Tsukuba and Midfield.
At Apricot Hill, on 550PP, 6 Speed custom and SS tire, the RAM is capable of 1:23s, while at Midfield it did 1:11s :eek:
I also tested 550PP on CS tire, with stock gearbox ( highly recommended ), at Midfield, the RAM is capable of 1:17s, really quick for a truck,

The RAM was also tested online with tire wear very fast at Tsukuba, 500PP version and CS tire with 6 speed custom. Pretty even tire wear on the front and rear as long as the driver do not treat it rough.

Replays for the Midfield and Apricot Hill laps have been included.

Attachments

• RAM1m17sMidfield550PPStockGearCS.zip
    309.2 KB · Views: 11
  • RAM1m11sMidfield550PPSS.zip
    294.8 KB · Views: 11
  • RAM1m23sApricotHill550PPSS.zip
    325.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back