RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
I tried one B-Spec race two days ago. I had the AI Driver win me a few credits at Silverstone. What do you do? Just set it to PUSH HARD, or whatever its called, and walk away from the PS3? I would hate to walk away and have my driver come in 6th place. :lol: Or is it just as easy to have your B-Spec driver win as it is when driving maxed PP cars in Career Mode?

Also, I just had a thought as I'm taking my Lamborghini Miura around La Sierra for a few laps... With a little digging I'm sure you could come across suspension info on the 3 Miura models. www.lambocars.com has "full specifications" for the P400, P400S and P400SV, which pretty much means it lists the gear ratios, weight distribution, weight and HP/Torque of each car. Unfortunately, it doesn't have spring rate information. I have complete faith in you being able to track down anything you put your mind to! :D

I know...I know... I have been spoiled by the past week's postings of classic Lamborghini replicas. I'm drunk on Lamborghinis!! :dunce: :crazy: Oh, and I just learned that a Murcielago R-GT was built by Reiter Engineering. I don't have specs on that car, but there is some information on lambocars.com about the race model. 👍

See what you've done? You've created a monster!! I must be stopped... :P :lol:

You can now control the Bob like slot/RC car by using R1 combo with X, triangle and square. The Bob is not very bright when it comes to overtaking the field, and he needs a good tune to make his life easier at the track, unless you have given him OP car to begin with.

For Miura, I have plan to buy it, 15 millions and I have less than 10k credits now :lol: I do have old research data on Miura, might be a few weeks until I can get one done :lol:

Why did you just post the Diablo SV-R again? You also have it posted at the very top of this page.

The last one is Diablo GT2 '98 based build with alternate suspension used on the Diablo GT2 bonus tune that I have posted a year ago ( recently updated ) and reviewed by @danbojte. I will update the pictures later.

You can now control the Bob like slot/RC car by using R1 combo with X, triangle and square. The Bob is not very bright when it comes to overtaking the field, and he needs a good tune to make his life easier at the track, unless you have given him OP car to begin with.

For Miura, I have plan to buy it, 15 millions and I have less than 10k credits now :lol: I do have old research data on Miura, might be a few weeks until I can get one done :lol:

The last one is Diablo GT2 '98 based build with alternate suspension used on the Diablo GT2 bonus tune that I have posted a year ago ( recently updated ) and reviewed by @danbojte. I will update the pictures later.
Oh wow...I just assumed you already had a Miura. It really is a lovely car. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be once it gets the Ridox Replica treatment. :D Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if it's relatively easy to create three versions of the Miura. The P400, P400S and P400SV probably have very similar spring rates and the other data is already available on that website I posted.

I feel a bit foolish now. I totally didn't see that you were basing the second Diablo SV-R Replica on the Diablo GT2 rather than the Diablo GT. I looked and compared a few key things, like PP, weight, suspension settings and even transmission, I think, and I couldn't see a single difference. So, I made that post... :dunce: :banghead:

My mechanics have decided to pull an all-nighter. I've got two teams in the garage bays right now. They said that the Diablo GT Replica will be ready to drive in minutes. The Diablo Jota is still on the lift, so that won't be ready for a while. That's okay. It gives me plenty of time to do some laps around La Sierra. Even though it is an older car I am excited to try the Jota. It just puts out a load of horsepower!! I hope I don't end up along a safety fence, or worse, in the side of a mountain against the rocks. :eek: I'll be sure to let you know how my test drives went.

I think that only will leave me with the Diablo SV S1 and Diablo SV S2 not built yet! I'll be down to my last Tab, so it will have to be a coin flip. :confused:

Oh, one more thing. In your build instructions for the Diablo models (the GT, SE30, Jota, etc) you list three transmission possibilities for the Diablo 6.0 GT & VT. The first is the standard ratio setup. The next two represent shortened ratios for the US & EU markets. I can't see a difference between those two. Am I missing something again? :boggled:

OHLINS R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe Replica

Tuned to replicate Ohlins R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe 475PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 335 HP at 5400 RPM
Torque : 341.3 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95%
Weight: 1495 kg
Ballast : 143 kg
Ballast Position : -17
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48 - as in real life spec 51.7/48.3 reflected in position
Performance Points: 475

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Horizon Turquoise Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 96 96 or Optional 86 96
Spring Rate: 6.12 12.25
Dampers (Compression): 7 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.8
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

LSD - 1.5 way M Differential Lock LSD
Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48 - Optional lower at 30 or 28 for looser handling.
Braking Sensitivity: 13

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Corrected 1M Gearing and Final from 2011 model year
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.110
2nd 2.315
3rd 1.542
4th 1.179
5th 1.000
6th 0.846
Set Final : 3.154

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The E82 1 Series M Coupe BMW 2011 year model, a must have for any BMW lovers in GT6. I considered the car as a spiritual successor of older M3 cars from the 80's and 90's. Call it M3 little brother :D, with it's compact appearance and wide stance, the sexy coupe is deadly on the track.

Based on the BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07, this E82 1M Coupe replica is built incorporating one of the most famous suspension manufacturer, OHLINS.

Power is replicated at 335HP, with torque in real life in range from 332 to 370 ft-lb due to overboost function, I decided to set at 341 ft-lb without changing redline using intake and exhaust manifold.

The 1M weight is replicated at 1495kg, with distribution at 51.7 / 48.3 also replicated accurately via ballast weight and positioning.

For LSD, I tried my best to replicate BMW special M Differential Lock, with medium preload and locking rate, but still allows for progressive smooth response. As it's not possible to replicate variable E-Diff, I focused on driving characteristics and traction behavior on the limit.

Suspension as I mentioned, using OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit, with spring rate :

Front 60 N/mm / 343 lbs/in / 6.12 kg/mm and Rear 120 N/mm / 686 lbs/in / 12.25kg/mm

Damper has been tweaked for balance of street and track, offering great traction on all situation with balance that can be dialed by the driver at a touch of gas or brake. Ride height has been set at 96mm front and back and optional ride height added based on recommended real life setup with slightly lower front.

The BMW 1M was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP and Silverstone International. When tested at Tsukuba, it managed easy 1:06s on comfort soft, and a best of 1:05s :D

ENJOY :cheers:

UPDATE 1.16 : Revised suspension ( ride height, damper, ARB, camber ), improved LSD, and corrected weight distribution ( ballast position ) Drives much better now on comfort soft. Added optional ride height ( originally used on older version ) and optional LSD accel for looser handling.

I just found this and it drives superbly well. Won the 500pp intermediate seasonal at Spa in "stock" trim. I was wondering though why you used the Concept tii as a base, instead of the 135i.

I just found this and it drives superbly well. Won the 500pp intermediate seasonal at Spa in "stock" trim. I was wondering though why you used the Concept tii as a base, instead of the 135i.

Could you describe "stock" trim please ? I just happen to have bought the car when I plane to built it, I also like the stance of the car :P The tire size/width also probably closer to the actual 1M Coupe :)

Oh wow...I just assumed you already had a Miura. It really is a lovely car. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be once it gets the Ridox Replica treatment. :D Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if it's relatively easy to create three versions of the Miura. The P400, P400S and P400SV probably have very similar spring rates and the other data is already available on that website I posted.

I feel a bit foolish now. I totally didn't see that you were basing the second Diablo SV-R Replica on the Diablo GT2 rather than the Diablo GT. I looked and compared a few key things, like PP, weight, suspension settings and even transmission, I think, and I couldn't see a single difference. So, I made that post... :dunce: :banghead:

My mechanics have decided to pull an all-nighter. I've got two teams in the garage bays right now. They said that the Diablo GT Replica will be ready to drive in minutes. The Diablo Jota is still on the lift, so that won't be ready for a while. That's okay. It gives me plenty of time to do some laps around La Sierra. Even though it is an older car I am excited to try the Jota. It just puts out a load of horsepower!! I hope I don't end up along a safety fence, or worse, in the side of a mountain against the rocks. :eek: I'll be sure to let you know how my test drives went.

I think that only will leave me with the Diablo SV S1 and Diablo SV S2 not built yet! I'll be down to my last Tab, so it will have to be a coin flip. :confused:

Oh, one more thing. In your build instructions for the Diablo models (the GT, SE30, Jota, etc) you list three transmission possibilities for the Diablo 6.0 GT & VT. The first is the standard ratio setup. The next two represent shortened ratios for the US & EU markets. I can't see a difference between those two. Am I missing something again? :boggled:

The Diablos GT2 is great to drive on sports tire, not so much on racing tire :( Looks like you have a great time playing with Diablos.

I am racing in seasonal to get more credits, not sure when I will get 15 million.

For the US and EU market close ratio, the only difference is the 5th gear, EU having lower top speed with 0.697.

Ahhh...Now I see it. Yup. 5th Gear is different. I can't believe I'm missing these little details. They're so important! I had to cut short my driving session. I started getting a terrible headache, so GT6 is done for the night. :grumpy: I will have to post my thoughts on the cars later. I'm off to lay in my recliner and listen to the televison while I keep my eyes closed. Hopefully this headache will go away quickly. :boggled: :irked:

Could you describe "stock" trim please ? I just happen to have bought the car when I plane to built it, I also like the stance of the car :P The tire size/width also probably closer to the actual 1M Coupe :)

I mean, as in, not tuned up to 500pp. The 475pp on the stock SH tires is just enough to win.

Just spent 30 minutes building a quick replica of Murcielago LP670-4 SV, apparently I have the car, sitting there gathering dust, bought last year :lol:

Using the Murcielago LP640 replica setup as a base, and real life specs data from Sport Auto :P

It did 1:17s at Midfield and it drives like MR Nissan GTR :cool: Nicely balanced, throttle steer, direct steering and good brakes. I think I like this one better than the Aventador, which I will build an SV version too ( recently announced ) 750HP, 50kg less.

Just spent 30 minutes building a quick replica of Murcielago LP670-4 SV, apparently I have the car, sitting there gathering dust, bought last year :lol:

Using the Murcielago LP640 replica setup as a base, and real life specs data from Sport Auto :P

It did 1:17s at Midfield and it drives like MR Nissan GTR :cool: Nicely balanced, throttle steer, direct steering and good brakes. I think I like this one better than the Aventador, which I will build an SV version too ( recently announced ) 750HP, 50kg less.
You made a Murcielago SV Replica using an LP640? Why not just use the actual LP670-4 Murcielago SV? That way you get the actual aerodynamics.

Saleen S7 2002/2003 Replica
1:21s at Willow Springs International Raceway ( Big Willow )

Tuned to replicate Saleen S7 Base V8
Comfort Soft

CAR : Saleen S7 '02
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Dry Weight ( No Fuel )
Horsepower: 550 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque: 526.9 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1247 kg
Ballast : 140 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 47 / 53 - as close possible to real life at 40/60
Performance Points: 566

Specs Curb Weight ( Fuel 72L )
Horsepower: 550 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque: 526.9 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Weight: 1302 kg
Ballast : 195 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 - as close possible to real life at 40/60
Performance Points: 563

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( Installed in this build ) - OPTIONAL -there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended as the real car has welded roll cage.
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size BLITZ BRW Profile 08 in Dark Gray Silver
Car Paint : Champion Yellow 4

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )

Suspension - Custom Eibach Springs 450/550 with H&R Helper and Koni Dampers
Dry Weight Spec Tuned Damper
Street/Bumpy Ride Height

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 114 114 ( Optional Track/Stock Ride Height 102 102 or Lowest 99 99 )
Spring Rate: 8.04 9.82
Dampers (Compression): 8 5
Dampers (Extension): 4 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00

Suspension - Custom Eibach Springs 450/550 with H&R Helper and Koni Dampers
Curb Weight Spec Tuned Damper
Track/Stock Ride Height

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 102 102 ( Optional Street/Bumpy Ride Height 114 114 or Lowest 99 99 )
Spring Rate: 8.04 9.82
Dampers (Extension): 3 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - ZF RBT 6 Speed
2002/2003 Base Saleen S7 Gear Ratio + Stock Final Set 1

Set Default
Set Final to 4.950
Set Auto Max Speed at 290kmh / 180mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.560
2nd 1.610
3rd 1.140
4th 0.958
5th 0.807
6th 0.704
Set Final 3.220

2002/2003 High Final Gear Ratio with Custom Ratio Set 2

Set Default
Set Final 3.700
Set Auto Max Speed at 430kmh / 267mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.860
2nd 1.610
3rd 1.140
4th 0.958
5th 0.807
6th 0.642
Set Final 3.700

2002/2003 Stock Final Gear Ratio with Super Close Ratio Selection Set 3

Set Default
Set Final 3.700
Set Auto Max Speed at 349kmh / 217mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.860
2nd 2.060
3rd 1.470
4th 1.180
5th 0.958
6th 0.740
Set Final 3.220 ( For even better acceleration at low/medium speed track : 3.700 or 4.220 )

List of available ratios for the ZF RBT 6 Speed :
1st 2.860 / 2.560
2nd 2.060 / 1.610
3rd 1.470 / 1.140
4th 1.180 / 0.958
5th 0.958 / 0.807
6th 0.704 / 0.740 / 0.642
( Available Final : 3.220, 3.700 and 4.220 )

LSD 2 way rear ( low preload )
REAR
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Saleen S7 is one of the messed up car in GT6, the gearing and weight distribution are wrong. How can a MR car have more weight at the front :lol: and stock GT6 gearing ratio chosen from available options offered by Saleen is funky to say the least :lol:

Power stock at 550HP and torque are accurate, while for weight, I provided 2 spec. Dry weight with no fuel at 1247kg and curb weight with fuel at 1302kg. The actual test car weight at 1384kg / 3050 lbs is not possible. Ballast position has been set at 50 ( maximum rear ) to get as close as possible to 40/60 distribution of the real car.
The real car also do not have any electronic nannies, no ABS, no traction control, no adaptive damping or stability control. It's as raw as it gets to street legal race car with comfort of grand touring supercar.

Suspension is custom setup with 450/550 spring rate ( based on Eibach spring, H&R Helper spring and Koni Damper from test drive review ). I have tuned the damper and ARB for street tires, while still good for track driving. There are 3 sets of ride height, I used 2 of them for the 2 sets of suspension. The dry weight and curb weight suspension each has custom tuned damper to suit the weight distribution. The dry weight uses 114mm ride height ( street/bumpy ), while the curb weight is set with 102mm ( track/stock - most publication listed this ). There are reports of 99mm / 3.9 inch clearance, so I included this as lowest ride height.

For gearing, the real car uses ZF RBT 6 Speed transaxle, which comes with variety of gear ratio and ring & pinion / final. Here is the summary as listed above :

List of available ratios for the ZF RBT 6 Speed :
1st 2.860 / 2.560
2nd 2.060 / 1.610
3rd 1.470 / 1.140
4th 1.180 / 0.958
5th 0.958 / 0.807
6th 0.704 / 0.740 / 0.642
( Available Final : 3.220, 3.700 and 4.220 )

The dry weight uses High Final 3.700 and custom gear ratio Set 2, while the curb weight uses Stock Final 3.220 and base gear ratio offered by Saleen Set 1. The 3rd set is the super close ratio and stock final, this offers great acceleration at lower top speed ( still 200+mph ), the optional higher final ( 3.700 + 4.220 ) can also be used for even more rapid acceleration - low/medium speed track.

LSD used on this replica is 2 way with low preload and optimized lock. The preload is set to give positive response from no throttle to mid throttle on mid corner, providing good stability on transition.

I encourage to experiment with the ride height and gearing to suits your preference and track. The stock base gearing set 1 has wide spread, while the set 2 has nice ratios for medium to high speed corners ( used on Big Willow lap ), while set 3 super close ratio is good for smaller tracks with lots of low speed corners ( 3.700 final is good balance, 4.220 offers the lowest top speed )

I mainly tested the car at Tsukuba and Big Willow. At Big Willow, the Saleen S7 is one of the fastest road car replica on comfort tires, capable of 1:21s lap on comfort soft :eek:
The 1:21s run was done using the dry weight spec + dry weight suspension ( 114mm ride height ) + High Final 3.700/Custom Gear Ratio Set 2 and NO Body rigidity improvement :P The last sector was in 55s range.

I highly recommend to try the car with no body improvement first, the body rigidity is optional. The real car has welded roll cage.

The replay of the run has been provided, very useful for reference on how to drive the car on the limit on comfort soft tires. Make a note of how the throttle modulated on the long curve and brake application.

Well, I happened to be in the main Tuning Forum and I noticed that this car was listed as the Difficult Car of the Month for February. I had always put off buying one because it's only a standard model and I hate dropping almost 500,000CR on PS2 models. A man must have his principles!! :sly: :lol:

But with 32,000,000CR sitting around I figured why not? This IS an incredible car in real life. I saw that you provided a replica tune, so even if I don't drive it much it will make a nice addition to my garage. I took the car out for a spin around La Sarthe 2009 completely stock from the dealership. Everyone talks about how fast this car is so I might as well allow her to stretch her legs! Oh, she's fast alright. The problem is the car doesn't want to turn at speed. My God, I was flying off the track with my wheel practically at lock - the car would just keep going straight! And what's the deal with 2nd gear? The car drops about 700 rpm changing from 1st into 2nd gear. If I had an H-Pattern shifter I think I would have had to push the clutch right back in to shift into 3rd the second I pressed the gas from going into 2nd! :banghead:

Fortunately, your tune helped correct quite a few issues. Weight distribution is much better, although I saw your note that it was still far from accurate (crazy PD). The car definitely turns in better now, but it is still a plowing beast under certain conditions. The transmission is much, much better too.

I don't think I will be driving this Saleen too often. PD screwed this car up and that's that.

You made a Murcielago SV Replica using an LP640? Why not just use the actual LP670-4 Murcielago SV? That way you get the actual aerodynamics.

I may have put it the wrong way, I got the actual car LP670-4 SV :P I just used the suspension setup from the LP640 as a base to start with.

Well, I happened to be in the main Tuning Forum and I noticed that this car was listed as the Difficult Car of the Month for February. I had always put off buying one because it's only a standard model and I hate dropping almost 500,000CR on PS2 models. A man must have his principles!! :sly: :lol:

But with 32,000,000CR sitting around I figured why not? This IS an incredible car in real life. I saw that you provided a replica tune, so even if I don't drive it much it will make a nice addition to my garage. I took the car out for a spin around La Sarthe 2009 completely stock from the dealership. Everyone talks about how fast this car is so I might as well allow her to stretch her legs! Oh, she's fast alright. The problem is the car doesn't want to turn at speed. My God, I was flying off the track with my wheel practically at lock - the car would just keep going straight! And what's the deal with 2nd gear? The car drops about 700 rpm changing from 1st into 2nd gear. If I had an H-Pattern shifter I think I would have had to push the clutch right back in to shift into 3rd the second I pressed the gas from going into 2nd! :banghead:

Fortunately, your tune helped correct quite a few issues. Weight distribution is much better, although I saw your note that it was still far from accurate (crazy PD). The car definitely turns in better now, but it is still a plowing beast under certain conditions. The transmission is much, much better too.

I don't think I will be driving this Saleen too often. PD screwed this car up and that's that.

The Saleen S7 is indeed a mess, the replica improved the car a bit, and I like how it drives now than when it's stock. Too bad not many will like the car :(

You can fit up to racing hard tire on the S7, as the replica was a base for the S7R replica that still under progress.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce '09 Replica

Tuned to replicate Murcielago LP670-4 SV
Comfort Soft

Mid-Field Raceway_57.jpg

CAR : Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV '09

Specs
Horsepower: 660 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque: 486.7 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Weight: 1751 kg
Ballast : 186 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58
Performance Points: 566

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT installed in this build )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca or Mystic Teal Metallic or or Cyberia Blue or
GT6 Polarized 007 / 008 / 010 / 011 / 012 / 031 / 034 / 044

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD

Mid-Field Raceway_50.jpg

Suspension - Soft Springs LP670-4 SV Base
Custom Setup with Optimized Spring Ratio + Track FSD Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 115 115
Spring Rate: 8.04 12.50
Dampers (Extension): 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.10

Suspension - Hard Springs LP670-4 SV Optional

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 115 115
Spring Rate: 10.27 16.01
Dampers (Extension): 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.10

Ronda_9.jpg

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed LP670-4 SV with 2.530 Axle + 1.24 Transfer Gear Ratio
Corrected Final Drive Ratio

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.500
Set Auto Max Speed at 261kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.091
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.565
4th 1.241
5th 1.065
6th 0.939
Set Final 3.137 ( Effective Final )

LSD 1 way front and 2 way rear ( low preload 25% / 45% )
FRONT
Initial Torque : 9
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15
Braking Sensitivity: 5

REAR
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 27

AERO
Front : 50 ( Fixed )
Rear : 100 ( Fixed )

Circuito de la Sierra_3.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5 or 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Murcielago LP670-4 SV is a quick build replica mainly tested at Midfield, Midfield Reverse, Silverstone GP and Motegi Road Course.

I spent about 30 minutes to build and another 20+minutes testing at various tracks.

The LP670-4 SV uses Sport Auto test weight at 1751kg with 42/58 distribution, power at 660HP / 670PS.
Gearing has been fixed by referencing Murcielago gear ratios used on LP640-4 and various data gathered from car database site and forums. There are reports of higher speed achieved on 2nd gear at 100mph and this may be due to different final used when bought. I only have the base final available at the moment.

Suspension uses custom spring rate in 2 flavors, soft and hard, both utilize similar spring ratio optimized to obtain delicate balance chassis in low to high speed. The soft spring set is the base, this offers good balance in control, stability and response. The hard spring set gives more immediate steering, better high speed agility at the expense of harsher ride and may not compliant on the rough road / bumpy track.

For LSD, the real car uses 25% lock at the front axle and 45% rear axle lock. The replica has been tuned with LSD to reflect this and aimed to reduce understeer compared to the LP640-4.

When tested at Midfield, it was capable of 1:17.4s lap on comfort soft. The LP670 SV was a thrill ride from start to finish, very fun and rewarding to drive. I have provided the replay, feel free to watch the exciting lap :D

Attachments

• MurcielagoSVMidfield1m17sCS.zip
    301.6 KB · Views: 13
Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe '02-'03 Car & Driver + 40th Anniversary Jade Green '04 Tsukuba Best Motoring Lap
LP640 Best Motoring 2007 Twin Ring Motegi Lap
Nissan GTR VS The World 2

Tuned to replicate Murcielago Base Coupe + LP640
Comfort Soft

CAR : Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 '09

Specs Best Motoring LP640 '07
Horsepower: 631 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque: 487.0 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Weight: 1805 kg
Ballast : 140 kg
Ballast Position : 10
Weight Distribution : 42.2 / 57.8
Performance Points: 545

Specs Car & Driver 2002/2003 Base Coupe + 40th Anniversary Jade Green
Horsepower: 572 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 487.0 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 90.9%
Weight: 1841 kg
Ballast : 176 kg
Ballast Position : 10
Weight Distribution : 42.2 / 57.8
Performance Points: 531

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT installed in this build )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A ( OPTIONAL )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size BODY Coddington Wheels Legacy F-09 in Chrome Silver
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca or Mystic Teal Metallic or
GT6 Polarized 007 / 008 / 010 / 011 / 012 / 031 / 034 / 044

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD

Suspension - LP640 Best Motoring '07

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 8.17 13.39
Dampers (Compression): 8 6 ( Optional Soft Damper : Front Compression 6 )
Dampers (Extension): 5 4 ( Optional Soft Damper : Rear Extension 3 )
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 2.0 ( Optional low camber 1.5/1.5 or 1.0/1.0 )

Suspension - Base Coupe '02-'03 + '04 40th Anniversary
Custom Setup with Optimized Spring Ratio + Soft FSD Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 8.17 13.39
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 2.0 ( Optional low camber 1.5/1.5 or 1.0/1.0 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed LP640 with 2.530 Axle + 1.24 Transfer Gear Ratio
Corrected Final Drive Ratio

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.500
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.091
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.565
4th 1.241
5th 1.065
6th 0.939
Set Final 3.137 ( Effective Final )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed Base Coupe 2002/2003 Car & Driver
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.500
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.941
2nd 2.056
3rd 1.520
4th 1.179
5th 1.030
6th 0.914
Set Final 2.750 ( as listed on Car & Driver - base coupe has 7600RPM Red line, corrected optional Final for 8500 RPM redline of LP640 ) -OPTIONAL 3.137 for better acceleration

LSD 1 way front and 2 way rear ( low preload 25% / 45% )
FRONT
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15

REAR
Initial Torque : 18
Braking Sensitivity: 27

AERO - OPTIONAL Rear Wing
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Notes :

The Murcielago, successor to the cool Diablo. I made this long ago, recently drove it again and found it to be enjoyable. This replica is comprised of 2 version, 2002/2003 Car & Driver Test Base Coupe ( non LP ) and Best Motoring 2007 LP640 Motegi Lap Record.

The power and weight for the 2002/2003 Car & Driver is 572HP and 1842kg with 42.2 / 57.8 distribution, while the 2007 Best Motoring LP640 has 631HP and 1805kg with same distribution.

Suspension is custom tuned by me, as there's not solid information on the spring rate except for the front rate which is not available in GT6 ( the minimum value still too high ). I decided to use 450/750 rate, the ratio has been optimized to work with the distribution. The 2002/2003 Car & Driver has soft damper setup while the LP640 has stiffer front damper compression and rear extension to give better track handling. Ride height is set using the ground clearance data from C & D at 4.8 inch / 122mm.

The gearing has separate set as well. The 2002/2003 Base Coupe has different gear ratio fitted with the 6.2 liter V12 engine which has lower redline at 7600RPM. The Car & Driver max speed on each gear is different than most other publication articles :

........Gear Ratio Mph/1000rpm Max.speed in gears
I .............2.94...... 10.1 ......... 77 mph (7600 rpm)
II ............2.06...... 14.5 ........ 110 mph (7600 rpm)
III ..........1.52...... 19.6 ......... 149 mph (7600 rpm)
IV ..........1.18...... 25.2 ......... 192 mph (7600 rpm)
V ...........1.03...... 28.9 ......... 205 mph (7100 rpm)
VI ...........0.91...... 32.6 ......... 205 mph (6300 rpm)

The Murcielago in GT6 has 6.5L V12 with 8500RPM redline, to account for this and keep the max speed similar, a corrected final ratio is used at 2.750. An optional final 3.137 can also be used to achieve similar max speed often listed by other publication.

For the LP640, the correct final drive has been provided, taken into account the 2.530 rear axle ratio and 1.24 transfer gear ratio. The max speed and acceleration now is accurate for both version.

LSD is 1 way front and 2 way rear, employing low preload with 25% lock up front and 45% lock rear to reflect real life specification. The LSD has been tuned to provide mild understeer but still can be pushed sideways at will, similar to the real life reviews.

The rear wing is optional, while the color paint has been provided with variety of choices. The Mystic Teal Metallic is chosen to replicate the Jade Green 40th Anniversary Edition.

The replica, particularly the LP640 has been tested at Twin Ring Motegi and Tsukuba. At Tsukuba, it can lap in low 1:03s, while at Motegi Road Course, the replica is able to replicate the real life Best Motoring lap record at 2:09.955. My test lap was in 2:08s with comfort soft tires.

For the Base Coupe/40th Anniversary replica version, the real life record at Tsukuba is at 1:04.76, try to aim that time with the Base Coupe specs ( 572HP/1841kg ) and Base Transmission with 2.750 Final.

The Murcielago is heavy super sports, it has good traction and acceleration from 1st to 3rd gear, and care must be taken when braking from high speed. The brakes are okay, but might need earlier application. On medium to high speed curve, be smooth with the steering and throttle, the heavy rear end can easily cause unwanted overload on the outside tires.
This is similar to the Best Motoring lap and races, in which the pro driver Naoki Hattori has to drive rather cautiously at Motegi, slow in fast out gives good lap.

He noted that the car has understeer tendency, and the rear wanted to step out albeit subtle in process. He cited the uneasy feeling from the rear on turn in, and careful throttle was necessary on exit to avoid traction break out. He even spun at the S turn on the warm up lap ( off camera ). Brake early, smooth driving line is am must, as suggested on the Best Motoring video below. Naoki Hattori best lap during solo run 2:11.435, much slower than the race best lap set by Yuji Ide ( ex F1 Super Aguri Driver )

The replay has been provided for the Twin Ring Motegi lap, using the LP640 specs setup, enjoy :D
Also the video of the Murcielago in action - the lap was achieved during the race at 2:09.955, the LP640 came in 2nd after losing power nearing the end of the race, possibly due to overheating.

UPDATE 1.16 : Updated LSD to reflect real life LSD spec front 25% and rear 45%.

Murcielago LP640-4 and Base Coupe has been updated with refined LSD + correct specs.

Wow! What a car, what handling!

Excellent! :cheers:

Thank you, happy the car drives great :)

Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
LP600 GT3
2014 FIA GT3 European Championship

Tuned to replicate Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo LP600 GT3
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 535 HP at 7100 RPM
Torque: 410.4 ft-lb at 6800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 90.7%
Weight: 1238 kg
Ballast : 78 kg
Ballast Position : 36
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - predicted spec based on stock weight at 43/57
Performance Points: 554

GT AUTO
NO OIL CHANGE
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY- Gallardo GT3-R has chassis reinforcement and roll cage.
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type B
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Type A
Height +0 and Width +40
Wheels : Standard Size - OZ Racing Botticelli III, OZ Racing Superfogiata in GT Matte Dark Gray
Car Paint : Black, Nero Noctis, Arancio Argos

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - KW Springs and Damper
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 75
Spring Rate: 14.02 16.07
Dampers (Extension): 4 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 2.7 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.04 0.12 ( Alternate Rear Toe In 0.15 or 0.20 for better stability )

Torque Distributing Center Differential :
FRONT/REAR Torque Split : 10/90

Transmission - Sequential 6 Speed Homologated Ratio with Sachs Double Plate Clutch
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed at 300kmh / 186mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.560
2nd 1,850
3rd 1.420
4th 1.140
5th 0.940
6th 0.810
Set Final : 4.700

LSD - Rear 2 way 45% Lock LSD
FRONT
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5

REAR
Initial Torque : 27
Braking Sensitivity: 27 ( Increase to 30 or more for better stability under braking or lift off )

AERO :
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance
4/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/4 or 4/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes:

This Lamborghini Gallardo replica is based on Reiter Engineering Gallardo LP600 GT3.
Specs based on LP600 GT3 used in 2014 European GT3 Championship with 535HP, 1238kg and 40/60 weight distribution based on GT3-R of older model available from 2006

The weight distribution can't be replicated without getting the car overweight, so I decided to stick with closest weight distribution at 42/58. Weight at 1238kg and power set at 535HP.

Suspension is quite tricky on this car, I setup the front spring rate to be as responsive as possible to avoid understeer. The rear spring rate is optimized for balance, any higher or lower will alter the car handling behavior, so it's very much well tweaked so you can fine tune the car just by lowering or raising rear spring rate. More higher rear spring will cause oversteer, while lower will make the car harder to rotate.

Damper has bee tweaked to support the stiff springs, giving good traction out of corner and able to brake very late without losing grip at the front. ARB set at higher rear stiffness as it gives the best balance for the new rear spring rate. This will give the Gallardo go kart like handling, direct, responsive and raw.

LSD is 2 way, based on real life spec of 45% lock LSD, the front has been set at all 5 to give as close as possible to open diff. Torque has been set at 90% rear, sadly 100% is not possible to make RWD Gallardo GT3. Fear not, the car has been tuned to feel and drive like a RWD as much as possible.

Gearing comes from homologated Gallardo GT3-R 6 speed sequential ratio with custom final to give balance of top speed and acceleration.

I tuned and tested the Gallardo GT3 at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, Bathurst, Spa and Ascari.

The car is capable of low 54s at Tsukuba and 2:02s at Silverstone GP during early build phase. At Spa, it did low 2:22s.

Please leave feedback about the replica, I always consider this car as a work in progress

ENJOY :cheers:

UPDATE 1.16 : New rear spring rate, new damper, new ARB, camber and toe. Power and weight/distribution has been revised using 2014 FIA GT3 European Championship spec - 535HP, 1238kg. Closest weight distribution has been used at 42/58. Tested at Spa on RH and managed 2:22s with room to improve.

The Gallardo GT3 has been updated with new spec used, new suspension, and should be better to drive than the old version. Now the car gives better reaction when cornering and braking. Use 1 click higher front brake balance for better braking stability, and also increase rear LSD braking to 30 or higher if necessary.

Wow! I can't wait to get my LP670-4 Murcielago SV out of the garage. My mechanics are just finishing up the modifications Ridox suggested to them. 👍 Before they go home for the day I'll have to see if they can do some work on my Gallardo GT3. It's been a while since I've driven that GT3, so it will be good to run some laps with it.

Ridox, I need to ask you a question, if you don't mind. I notice that you usually suggest a brake balance where the rear brake is set a little stronger than the rear, like 5/6 or 4/5, etc... I know everybody has a slightly different driving style, but is there a particular reason you prefer to have little more bite in the rear brakes compared to the front? What is your reasoning behind setting the front brakes slightly less than the rear brakes?

Enter in Community section and look at my mileage in miles (GB, US). :lol:

Edit: Or, here is it:

View attachment 321791

Spooky!? :lol:

That's a lot of miles and did you crashed when you get that number :lol:

Wow! I can't wait to get my LP670-4 Murcielago SV out of the garage. My mechanics are just finishing up the modifications Ridox suggested to them. 👍 Before they go home for the day I'll have to see if they can do some work on my Gallardo GT3. It's been a while since I've driven that GT3, so it will be good to run some laps with it.

Ridox, I need to ask you a question, if you don't mind. I notice that you usually suggest a brake balance where the rear brake is set a little stronger than the rear, like 5/6 or 4/5, etc... I know everybody has a slightly different driving style, but is there a particular reason you prefer to have little more bite in the rear brakes compared to the front? What is your reasoning behind setting the front brakes slightly less than the rear brakes?

The Gallardo GT3 may need a little time to get used to, particularly when trail braking without ABS as the rear is quite loose. The Gallardo brakes better with 1 BB higher at the front and higher LSD brake at 30 or more, but it depends on driver's style and preference.

Most cars in GT6 has front bias built in ( on stock 5/5 BB ), you can easily test this by fitting lowest grip tire, turn off ABS, then brake from high speed at full force, you will see how early the front will lock and the rear usually lock quite a bit later. With higher rear, the front may lock first, but the rear will follow almost in succession when setup properly.

I usually try to get the most out of the BB settings, by getting the brake to help rotate the car into a corner.
I often have higher rear to do this, but I also keep it at sensible value to make it safe without ABS. Too high at the rear will cause over rotation at first, then if too much, it will cause early rear wheel lock up which usually ended in spin :P

Speaking of Lamborghini SV's... Have you seen the new LP750-4 Aventador SV? OMG... Just kill me now since I'll never get a chance to drive this thing. It is gorgeous! :eek:

View attachment 321943

View attachment 321949

View attachment 321950

Over the top styling, but still, who wouldn't like an SV :D I maybe build the SV using the Aventador replica as a base, just needs more info on the specs and any changes made into the car.

I'll have to see how I do with your brake balance theory. I've usually had my rear brakes a tick or two less than the fronts, but I will admit that the fronts do have a tendency to get a little wonky, especially under hard braking. It was just always a little easier for ME to trail brake because, like you said, I wouldn't have to worry about the rear end coming around on me and spinning me out. I have ALWAYS had major issues trying to figure out how to set my brakes. I know it might seem silly -- just drive the car, press the brake pedal and see how the car reacts. Sure. I can do that. But then I make an adjustment thinking I'm going to fix the problem and I sometimes do, but many other times I either make it worse, or make a new problem pop up altogether! :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

According to MotorTrend, the Aventador SV is supposed to be 110lbs (50kg) lighter than the chubby base Aventador. It should have 740 HP and 509 lb/ft of torque. Torque is the same as the base, but they have this engine rev'ing to 8500 RPM, so they squeak a little more horsepower out of her. Supposedly, aerodynamics are much improved. Top speed is roughly the same at 217 MPH.

I have no idea about spring rates and that other important stuff. Will probably be a while before that can be tracked down. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly the same as the Aventador. :indiff:

Over the top styling?!?! Have you ever seen their previous cars?! :P Lamborghini's are all about over the top styling, baby! :lol: :D Although, I will admit that Audi has calmed them down a little bit...

I'll have to see how I do with your brake balance theory. I've usually had my rear brakes a tick or two less than the fronts, but I will admit that the fronts do have a tendency to get a little wonky, especially under hard braking. It was just always a little easier for ME to trail brake because, like you said, I wouldn't have to worry about the rear end coming around on me and spinning me out. I have ALWAYS had major issues trying to figure out how to set my brakes. I know it might seem silly -- just drive the car, press the brake pedal and see how the car reacts. Sure. I can do that. But then I make an adjustment thinking I'm going to fix the problem and I sometimes do, but many other times I either make it worse, or make a new problem pop up altogether! :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

According to MotorTrend, the Aventador SV is supposed to be 110lbs (50kg) lighter than the chubby base Aventador. It should have 740 HP and 509 lb/ft of torque. Torque is the same as the base, but they have this engine rev'ing to 8500 RPM, so they squeak a little more horsepower out of her. Supposedly, aerodynamics are much improved. Top speed is roughly the same at 217 MPH.

I have no idea about spring rates and that other important stuff. Will probably be a while before that can be tracked down. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly the same as the Aventador. :indiff:

Over the top styling?!?! Have you ever seen their previous cars?! :P Lamborghini's are all about over the top styling, baby! :lol: :D Although, I will admit that Audi has calmed them down a little bit...

Adjusting BB can be tricky when the car also have handling issue, if when you increase the rear and having more trouble, best to keep at same front/rear or 1 click front higher. Having higher rear BB will also require different application of brake ( brake modulation ), a too sudden brake at full force can easily over rotate.

The Aventador LP700-4 has 691HP @ 8250 RPM, rev limit/cut at 8500 RPM , torque peaks at 509 lb-ft @ 5500 RPM, while the LP750-4 SV based on Car and Driver : 740 HP @ 8400 RPM and same 509 lb-ft of torque @ 5500 RPM, same rev limit at 8500 RPM from several car news articles. They said the redline is higher, but the LP700-4 has 8500 RPM rev limit as well based on Car & Driver road test.

I used Murcielago front spring rate as base for the Aventador LP700 replica, I may use it again or make it slightly stiffer.

Interesting. When I first read the article, I also thought the base Aventador revved to 8500RPM, but then I assumed I was wrong if they were claiming this new SV model revved to 8500 RPM to squeak out that extra horsepower. We will have to wait for official specifications, I suppose. :(

Well, I was in for quite a surprise this evening. I thought that my mechanics were putting the finishing touches on my Murcielago SV, but they had a surprise waiting for me! My sponsors sent me a brand new 0 miles Murcielago SV straight from Italy!! My first SV was no ugly duck, but this gorgeous paint job, it's called "Avio Metallic", it's a subtle blueish color but it really catches your eye. I was in heaven and I couldn't wait to take it around the track.

The lead tech on my race team told me that he was going to send me out with what he called the Soft Springs configuration first. I pulled out of my bay onto the Nurburgring short course and hit the gas. The CS tires didn't make a peep, they dug into that pavement and launched me down the front straight. The brakes felt really good pressing down hard on the pedal once I got down to 3rd gear, then 2nd. I later figured going all the way down to 1st would provide a much better pull, in certain circumstances after that hairpin, but 2nd was no slouch either.

I was very surprised how well the CS tires handled throughout those 10 laps. The suspension feels magnificent. I clipped a couple of corners intentionally to see how the car would respond. She didn't complain a bit. My Lambo just rolled right over them anxiously awaiting the tarmac in front of her. Truly, I was impressed with the damper setting. It really didn't take more than half a lap to feel right at home with this car.

Steering is direct and sharp, but it doesn't dart the nose into corners. This car really feels like it will smoothly, almost fluidly take each corner with the simple roll left or right on the steering wheel. Just tell it how much go-go juice to consume with your right foot and the car will take care of the rest.

After those five laps I was waved in. The crew needed a few minutes with the car to adjust the springs to what they're calling Hard Springs setup. Once the car was ready for me I dropped the hammer for another set of ten laps with the new suspension settings. You can feel the difference immediately. I almost blew the first turn hairpin, but that was completely my fault. I know that I'm going to have to be a little more direct with the harder springs and I didn't make that mistake again.

The Hard Springs setup ended up being almost 1.5s faster than the Soft Spring setup. Let's say that 0.5s was due to me warming up with the car. I can buy that. Still, around Nurburgring GP/D I would say the Hard Springs setup is 1 second faster per lap. That's a lot of time. It makes sense to me as I never really had to wait for the car to become completely balanced when coming out of a turn before I floored it. Having said that, please do not interpret my words as implying the Soft Springs setup is some floaty, boat-like suspension from a 1970s Cadillac Coupe DeVille. It is still a stiff setup, made for the track, but it just happens to be a little more forgiving.

I intend to spend more time comparing the two setups. If the times become closer, I would probably stick with the Soft Springs setup just because I would be getting almost identical performance with just a hint of forgiveness added on top. How could I go wrong with that? But, if you're a track focused, time trial warrior then go straight to the Hard Springs setup and don't look back. The damper settings are the same on both setups, which is a wonderful thing. This tuner, Ridox they call him, he sure got this one right! :sly: :P 👍

Interesting. When I first read the article, I also thought the base Aventador revved to 8500RPM, but then I assumed I was wrong if they were claiming this new SV model revved to 8500 RPM to squeak out that extra horsepower. We will have to wait for official specifications, I suppose. :(

Well, I was in for quite a surprise this evening. I thought that my mechanics were putting the finishing touches on my Murcielago SV, but they had a surprise waiting for me! My sponsors sent me a brand new 0 miles Murcielago SV straight from Italy!! My first SV was no ugly duck, but this gorgeous paint job, it's called "Avio Metallic", it's a subtle blueish color but it really catches your eye. I was in heaven and I couldn't wait to take it around the track.

The lead tech on my race team told me that he was going to send me out with what he called the Soft Springs configuration first. I pulled out of my bay onto the Nurburgring short course and hit the gas. The CS tires didn't make a peep, they dug into that pavement and launched me down the front straight. The brakes felt really good pressing down hard on the pedal once I got down to 3rd gear, then 2nd. I later figured going all the way down to 1st would provide a much better pull, in certain circumstances after that hairpin, but 2nd was no slouch either.

I was very surprised how well the CS tires handled throughout those 10 laps. The suspension feels magnificent. I clipped a couple of corners intentionally to see how the car would respond. She didn't complain a bit. My Lambo just rolled right over them anxiously awaiting the tarmac in front of her. Truly, I was impressed with the damper setting. It really didn't take more than half a lap to feel right at home with this car.

Steering is direct and sharp, but it doesn't dart the nose into corners. This car really feels like it will smoothly, almost fluidly take each corner with the simple roll left or right on the steering wheel. Just tell it how much go-go juice to consume with your right foot and the car will take care of the rest.

After those five laps I was waved in. The crew needed a few minutes with the car to adjust the springs to what they're calling Hard Springs setup. Once the car was ready for me I dropped the hammer for another set of ten laps with the new suspension settings. You can feel the difference immediately. I almost blew the first turn hairpin, but that was completely my fault. I know that I'm going to have to be a little more direct with the harder springs and I didn't make that mistake again.

The Hard Springs setup ended up being almost 1.5s faster than the Soft Spring setup. Let's say that 0.5s was due to me warming up with the car. I can buy that. Still, around Nurburgring GP/D I would say the Hard Springs setup is 1 second faster per lap. That's a lot of time. It makes sense to me as I never really had to wait for the car to become completely balanced when coming out of a turn before I floored it. Having said that, please do not interpret my words as implying the Soft Springs setup is some floaty, boat-like suspension from a 1970s Cadillac Coupe DeVille. It is still a stiff setup, made for the track, but it just happens to be a little more forgiving.

I intend to spend more time comparing the two setups. If the times become closer, I would probably stick with the Soft Springs setup just because I would be getting almost identical performance with just a hint of forgiveness added on top. How could I go wrong with that? But, if you're a track focused, time trial warrior then go straight to the Hard Springs setup and don't look back. The damper settings are the same on both setups, which is a wonderful thing. This tuner, Ridox they call him, he sure got this one right! :sly: :P 👍

Very nice to read :cheers: Another satisfied customer :P I need to get more play time to finish off the rest of the Lambo and then the RUF.

Back