RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Tatsuya Shima RUF CTR Yellowbird "Blackbird" '87 Wangan Midnight
LEGENDARY F1 TURBINE ARC 800+PS

Tuned to replicate Wangan Midnight Blackbird Legendary F1 Turbine 800PS
Comfort Soft

CAR : RUF CTR Yellowbird '87
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs

Horsepower: 791 HP / 802 PS at 6300 RPM
Torque: 660.5 ft-lb at 6300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1165 kg
Ballast : 101 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 38 / 62 as in real life
Performance Points: 602

GT AUTO
Oil change - necessary to reach 800+PS
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY - the Blackbird has roll cage in the manga + anime.
Wheels : +1 Inch Up BBS RS or OZ Racing Botticelli III painted in Saddle Tan ( from Chevrolet Corvette Coupe C2 '63 )
Car Paint : Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
HIGH RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Swift Springs with Street/Track Tuned JRZ RS Pro Coilover Damper
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 123 - Real life based - Alternate Ride Height F/R : lowered 110 110 or street 123 123 ( Loose )
Spring Rate: 10.00 13.75
Dampers (Compression): 8 6
Dampers (Extension): 9 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 0.3 0.3 ( use zero camber for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.18 0.35

LSD -Paul Guard LSD 30/80
Initial Torque : 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 48

Brake Balance:
2/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 4/4 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes

Shima's Blackbird, this version is from Legendary F1 Turbine story arc with 800+PS, where Shima equips the Blackbird with the 800+PS TD-04 Turbine from one of RGO's co-tuners. Oil changed, High RPM turbo kit and engine tuning stage 3 has been installed to reach the power. The Legendary F1 Turbine Blackbird can hit over 350kmh top speed at SSR7 - tested on comfort soft :D

For this replica, I used real life springs ratio, taken from 930 Turbo with JRZ RS Pro Coilover Damper kit, Swift main springs and helper springs were used. I adapted the setup with stiffer spring rate as the real car has 1040kg dry weight, and this Blackbird tips the scale at 1165kg. I have to add ballast and install weight reduction as I wanted to also replicate the real car weight distribution at 38/62 ( based on 930 Turbo ). Some even reported to have 37/63 with mods, but I can't afford to have that as it will increase the weight even more.

Spring rate uses the track oriented setup with 10k front and 13.75k rear, damper has been tuned in to support the new weight balance, rear damper is set to give the best possible traction on medium speed to high speed corners as it will live as a Wangan car. Front damper has also been set even stiffer compared to the Ishida story arc version.

LSD uses Paul Guard with 30/80 setup, I adapted the LSD with medium locking on acceleration and high locking on braking side, preload also on medium. A balance for comfort and sports tire.

Gearing remains stock, as I felt the top speed is more than adequate.

I tuned and tested the car at various tracks from Tsukuba, SSR7, Ascari, Willow Springs, Bathurst, Brands Hatch GP, and Silverstone GP.

The Blackbird also tested at SSR7, and I like it there, drives very well on comfort soft :P

I look forward for feedback on the car - power figure and visual parts

Credits to @MyogiWarrior34 for his Wangan Midnight input, especially all Blackbird version.

ENJOY :cheers:

Been a while since I last checked on this thread...

A couple of things that I did notice with regards to the tunes here:

1. Yuji Kishida "Zero for the Roads" Honda S2000 '03 Turbo C1 Runner 300HP 470PP Comfort Soft

I downloaded the manga, all 42 volumes and It's safe to declare the actual tune of Yuji's S2000 is 90% based off the Amuse R1 S2000 - the car's complete with the excess decals around it. Yuji's car is without those and I'm pretty sure the power is up to 350hp at least when I skimmed through the pages. 300 for a High B-class is weak as it is, 350 - 400 is good enough as it is.

2. Oki from Hakone "The Touge Ace" Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A '02 Wangan Midnght 500HP 553PP Comfort Soft

The wheels are good, and to balance out the overly whored TE37s though it'll be good to change the colors to that of the TE37 bronze or somewhere close to that. and his green should be more... pearlescent, close to a neon medium green.

And he DID run the wangan - as per request with Hayashi and while they were dealing with Kijima's reasoning of going for the FC than the FD. Oki kept complaining about turbo lag on the higher revs so I'm expecting him to actually be running on a high-rpm turbine. Also, the GT wing on the RX-7 FD 91' suits the car better than the Spirit R. If you can make that swap, that'll be great.

3. Makoto Mori****a Subaru Impreza GC8 STi Version VI '99 Wangan Midnight 400HP 523PP Comfort Soft

General car swap - Makoto's Impreza is a 4-door sedan, version VI. Truth to be told, her Impreza's source is a Version IV with a Version V/VI front bumper. Wheels are TE37s sad to say, not these O.Z. legerras. Rays and Volks were the budget friendly, sporty, and most popular wheels in that era so no surprise to see a lot use those. O.Z. is rarely seen as tarmac wheels outside of gravel based sports cars and primarily on Lan Evos. The GT wing is a frame type also and not a single solid unit. The wing sheet here is aight.

4. Tomoya ACE "R Killer" Honda Integra Type R ( DC2 ) '95 323HP / 327PS 485PP Comfort Soft

I'll have to recheck the Manga again to see if Tomoya's integra has or does not have the GT wing, if he does, you can go for the Spoon Integra since I kinda remember him sporting a CF hood and bumper lip and the Spoon integra's the only one catering that.

5. Tatsuya Shima RUF CTR Yellowbird "Blackbird" '87 Wangan Midnight LEGENDARY F1 TURBINE ARC 800+PS 791HP 602PP Comfort Soft

After the Perfect GT-R arc, Shima gets a body rework, it would've been better if you used the RUF BTR instead for this tune; also you missed out on the 700hp Monster Supra tune (anime) / Asakasa Straight (manga) arc.

Primary thing to note: this was his main tune DURING the Legendary FC arc, not the F1 turbine arc. He gets the same tune

The Legendary FC arc shows Shima's 911 actually being unstable on speeds above 250 km/h - the front should lift due to weight reduction over weight balance. Though definitely doable in the CTR, I highly recommend doing it on the BTR for a more accurate tune, same applies to the 700hp spec.

The prime difference of the 2 (FC arc VS asakasa/monster supra) is power weight ratio - Asakasa/Monster Supra is a balanced tune while Legendary FC is imbalanced above 250.

6. Masaki ( SPEED FACTORY RGO ) Mazda FD3S Efini RX7 Type R '91 450PS ( NO FLAT FLOOR ) 450PS 444HP 510PP Comfort Soft

A better car to use on this is either the Bathurst R or the Spirit R type A with Bathurst Yellow. Visually speaking, you're after the rear wing and looks far better visually speaking.

--------------------

special notes:

Shinji Ogishima had 3 phases to his FD:

1. Phase 1 is similar to Masaki's but with the Spirit R version.

2. Phase 2 is the one built by Ohta's cousin who worked on Ogishima's FD, similar to Nobu's. The third phase is what you built.

by the way, 1st and 2nd phase is a bright white gloss base with Te37s.

Been a while since I last checked on this thread...

A couple of things that I did notice with regards to the tunes here:

1. Yuji Kishida "Zero for the Roads" Honda S2000 '03 Turbo C1 Runner 300HP 470PP Comfort Soft

I downloaded the manga, all 42 volumes and It's safe to declare the actual tune of Yuji's S2000 is 90% based off the Amuse R1 S2000 - the car's complete with the excess decals around it. Yuji's car is without those and I'm pretty sure the power is up to 350hp at least when I skimmed through the pages. 300 for a High B-class is weak as it is, 350 - 400 is good enough as it is.

2. Oki from Hakone "The Touge Ace" Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A '02 Wangan Midnght 500HP 553PP Comfort Soft

The wheels are good, and to balance out the overly whored TE37s though it'll be good to change the colors to that of the TE37 bronze or somewhere close to that. and his green should be more... pearlescent, close to a neon medium green.

And he DID run the wangan - as per request with Hayashi and while they were dealing with Kijima's reasoning of going for the FC than the FD. Oki kept complaining about turbo lag on the higher revs so I'm expecting him to actually be running on a high-rpm turbine. Also, the GT wing on the RX-7 FD 91' suits the car better than the Spirit R. If you can make that swap, that'll be great.

3. Makoto Mori****a Subaru Impreza GC8 STi Version VI '99 Wangan Midnight 400HP 523PP Comfort Soft

General car swap - Makoto's Impreza is a 4-door sedan, version VI. Truth to be told, her Impreza's source is a Version IV with a Version V/VI front bumper. Wheels are TE37s sad to say, not these O.Z. legerras. Rays and Volks were the budget friendly, sporty, and most popular wheels in that era so no surprise to see a lot use those. O.Z. is rarely seen as tarmac wheels outside of gravel based sports cars and primarily on Lan Evos. The GT wing is a frame type also and not a single solid unit. The wing sheet here is aight.

4. Tomoya ACE "R Killer" Honda Integra Type R ( DC2 ) '95 323HP / 327PS 485PP Comfort Soft

I'll have to recheck the Manga again to see if Tomoya's integra has or does not have the GT wing, if he does, you can go for the Spoon Integra since I kinda remember him sporting a CF hood and bumper lip and the Spoon integra's the only one catering that.

5. Tatsuya Shima RUF CTR Yellowbird "Blackbird" '87 Wangan Midnight LEGENDARY F1 TURBINE ARC 800+PS 791HP 602PP Comfort Soft

After the Perfect GT-R arc, Shima gets a body rework, it would've been better if you used the RUF BTR instead for this tune; also you missed out on the 700hp Monster Supra tune (anime) / Asakasa Straight (manga) arc.

Primary thing to note: this was his main tune DURING the Legendary FC arc, not the F1 turbine arc. He gets the same tune

The Legendary FC arc shows Shima's 911 actually being unstable on speeds above 250 km/h - the front should lift due to weight reduction over weight balance. Though definitely doable in the CTR, I highly recommend doing it on the BTR for a more accurate tune, same applies to the 700hp spec.

The prime difference of the 2 (FC arc VS asakasa/monster supra) is power weight ratio - Asakasa/Monster Supra is a balanced tune while Legendary FC is imbalanced above 250.

6. Masaki ( SPEED FACTORY RGO ) Mazda FD3S Efini RX7 Type R '91 450PS ( NO FLAT FLOOR ) 450PS 444HP 510PP Comfort Soft

A better car to use on this is either the Bathurst R or the Spirit R type A with Bathurst Yellow. Visually speaking, you're after the rear wing and looks far better visually speaking.

--------------------

special notes:

Shinji Ogishima had 3 phases to his FD:

1. Phase 1 is similar to Masaki's but with the Spirit R version.

2. Phase 2 is the one built by Ohta's cousin who worked on Ogishima's FD, similar to Nobu's. The third phase is what you built.

by the way, 1st and 2nd phase is a bright white gloss base with Te37s.

Lots of input, thank you :bowdown: I will do the cars after I finished the Aventador and Yellowbird replicas :P Could you please give complete specs via PM, which car to swap, wheels + colors, and any other details ( also on the 2 remaining cars - Reina and Hiramoto )

I want to thank @Ridox2JZGTE for allowing me to post My very first public tune ever. It is 100% inspired by his work and made trying to use a sensible and realistic approach.

CAR : Alfa GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 (GT4 fantasy)
Tire : Sports Soft

wSYGpZc.jpg

Specs 404 HP
Power Limiter at : 96%
Weight: 1350 kg
Ballast : 194 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 51/49
Performance Points: 501

GT AUTO
Oil change

Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY
Rear Aero Kits any Type you like

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning LV3
Air Intake Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - (fantasy ones but most Alfisti's track tune using Koni/Einbach ones)
Front, Rear
Ride Height: 90 90
Spring Rate: 5.31 7.27
Dampers (Compression): 1 2
Dampers (Extension): 1 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 5
Camber Angle: 0 0
Toe Angle: 0 0.60

TRANSMISSION -
Install all power parts
Set Default
Transmission Flip
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.132
2nd 2.175
3rd 1.721
4th 1.393
5th 1.197
6th 1.065
Set Final 3.804

LSD -

Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration : 27
Braking : 10

AERO
REAR : 5 ( MIN)

Brake Balance:
5/6 for ABS 1

NOTES:
I'm not an expert tuner and rarely race on Sport Tires beside on Ridox's tunes. This is my best effort at recreating a tune inspired by his serie of GT4 Replicas. No, the Alfa GT never competed in GT4 but i love FF cars and i wanted to make a comparison with the FR cars performance and test my skills.

I used Silverstone as my track of test and altought i'm not a very fast driver overall and expecially on sports tires i managed to get a very decent 2.13.878 that i'm sure the best drivers (and Silverstone experts) here will manage to top easily.

Car is very trustworthy along the track, it just requires a short shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear and to lower one extra gear at times to keep a better line on Turn 3.

I choose that power/weight figure more or less based on the other GT4 replicas but i might have probably made the car lighter; all in all i think it is pretty ok and with a light power limiter work it can race within the 500pp.

Hope to hear some feedback on this one, hope some drivers will like it and again thanks to Ridox for this space!

Azidahaka/Karsten

I took some time to drive the car, exactly as posted :) I only have a couple of laps so far and I could only managed 2:14s with lots of wheelspin at Arena, slow Luffield entry and exit, wide exit on Copse, and messy Maggots :D In short, the car was too unpredictable for me with transition having the worst effect on consistency, this is based on my short time driving the car as I was still busy finishing the Aventador at 3 tracks and 3 version specs :D

Review Report - Ridox2JZGTE Template :

Tuner : Azidahaka / Karsten
Car : Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 GT4 Fantasy
Tires : Sport Soft
Track : Silverstone GP

Overview :
Balance : Decent, with close to neutral handling on high speed and mild understeer to medium understeer on medium to low speed corners.
Ratios : Gearing spread quite good on higher gear, good top speed. Rapid acceleration on 2nd to 4th.
Engine : Torque is a bit too high for the tires and drive train.
Feel : The car feels heavy on braking and exits, steering is responsive.
Chassis : Stable but a little too soft when weight thrown at high speed.
Straight line stability : Stable
Bumps : Not many bumps at Silverstone, ride the curb well due to soft damper.

Detailed :

Balance

Slow Curve : Lack of traction on lower gears, with soft damper makes the car a bit slow to respond.
Medium Curve : Close to neutral, with understeer creeping in on certain situation ( at Luffield for example )
Fast Curve : Darty, with tendency to oversteer when too much braking + steering applied then sudden understeer can occur ( 1st turn )

Corner Phase :
Initial Turn in : Needs precise braking and entry speed, rotation can be excessive at times when deep trail braking. Front tires can be easily overloaded under heavy braking.
Corner Entry : Good in most corners, but the front outside tires too easily overloaded.
Transition : Needs improvement, when it rotates on entry, mid corner it can suddenly goes wide ( Copse, Becketts, Chapel, Stowe, Vale and Club ), rear tires can slide out when making quick direction changes at high speed. Weight shifted too quickly most of the times.
Corner Exit : Slow exit on low speed corner mainly because of traction on lower gears, medium and high speed needs good line, otherwise can easily goes wide.

Other Stuff :
Wheelspin : Prevalent on some corners exit.
Bottom Out : None that I'm aware of due to the relatively flat track.
Brakes : Normal brakes can do the job, but the BB value needs to be higher for me ( ABS 0 ), 5/6 BB works well for trail braking but I would want more bite, so I would use 7/10 BB :D

My suggestion to improve the car :

Lower car weight ( less than 1300kg, eg 1260kg ) , lower the engine torque if possible, shift more weight forward ( 54/46 for example ), stiffer damper, tweaks on ARB and rear toe ( balance with distribution / rotation, up to -0.60 possible ) Spring rate can also be stiffer for better stability.

Hope my review was useful :) I am sorry if I make harsh comment on the car :scared: I just wanted to help it get better :cheers:

1024px-Silverstone_circuit.svg.png

Last edited:
I took some time to drive the car, exactly as posted :) I only have a couple of laps so far and I could only managed 2:14s with lots of wheelspin at Arena, slow Luffield entry and exit, wide exit on Copse, and messy Maggots :D In short, the car was too unpredictable for me with transition having the worst effect on consistency, this is based on my short time driving the car as I was still busy finishing the Aventador at 3 tracks and 3 version specs :D

Review Report - Ridox2JZGTE Template :

Tuner : Azidahaka / Karsten
Car : Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 GT4 Fantasy
Tires : Sport Soft
Track : Silverstone GP

Overview :
Balance : Decent, with close to neutral handling on high speed and mild understeer to medium understeer on medium to low speed corners.
Ratios : Gearing spread quite good on higher gear, good top speed. Rapid acceleration on 2nd to 4th.
Engine : Torque is a bit too high for the tires and drive train.
Feel : The car feels heavy on braking and exits, steering is responsive.
Chassis : Stable but a little too soft when weight thrown at high speed.
Straight line stability : Stable
Bumps : Not many bumps at Silverstone, ride the curb well due to soft damper.

Detailed :

Balance

Slow Curve : Lack of traction on lower gears, with soft damper makes the car a bit slow to respond.
Medium Curve : Close to neutral, with understeer creeping in on certain situation ( at Luffield for example )
Fast Curve : Darty, with tendency to oversteer when too much braking + steering applied then sudden understeer can occur ( 1st turn )

Corner Phase :
Initial Turn in : Needs precise braking and entry speed, rotation can be excessive at times when deep trail braking. Front tires can be easily overloaded under heavy braking.
Corner Entry : Good in most corners, but the front outside tires too easily overloaded.
Transition : Needs improvement, when it rotates on entry, mid corner it can suddenly goes wide ( Copse, Becketts, Chapel, Stowe, Vale and Club ), rear tires can slide out when making quick direction changes at high speed. Weight shifted too quickly most of the times.
Corner Exit : Slow exit on low speed corner mainly because of traction on lower gears, medium and high speed needs good line, otherwise can easily goes wide.

Other Stuff :
Wheelspin : Prevalent on some corners exit.
Bottom Out : None that I'm aware of due to the relatively flat track.
Brakes : Normal brakes can do the job, but the BB value needs to be higher for me ( ABS 0 ), 5/6 BB works well for trail braking but I would want more bite, so I would use 7/10 BB :D

My suggestion to improve the car :

Lower car weight ( less than 1300kg, eg 1260kg ) , lower the engine torque if possible, shift more weight forward ( 54/46 for example ), stiffer damper, tweaks on ARB and rear toe ( balance with distribution / rotation, up to -0.60 possible ) Spring rate can also be stiffer for better stability.

Hope my review was useful :) I am sorry if I make harsh comment on the car :scared: I just wanted to help it get better :cheers:

Precious insight from an expert :) 👍

I'm a bit surprised of most of the issues you had driving it around; must be very hard tailored to my driving style :P Or maybe i'm too used driving around car's issues :D I actually find it very predictable, probably because i know what to expect lol

Turn 1 light early tap of brakes then lightly early entry, At turn 4 the loop I usually early shift to 3rd (car has an enormous amount of torque). Luffield i usually go for a late entry and then run around curb until i early shift to 3rd.

I'll start working out your suggestions and post some updates if i can make the car "easier" to drive :)

Thanks mate, getting an hang on tuning has became a must lately so all learning is good!

Precious insight from an expert :) 👍

I'm a bit surprised of most of the issues you had driving it around; must be very hard tailored to my driving style :P Or maybe i'm too used driving around car's issues :D I actually find it very predictable, probably because i know what to expect lol

Turn 1 light early tap of brakes then lightly early entry, At turn 4 the loop I usually early shift to 3rd (car has an enormous amount of torque). Luffield i usually go for a late entry and then run around curb until i early shift to 3rd.

I'll start working out your suggestions and post some updates if i can make the car "easier" to drive :)

Thanks mate, getting an hang on tuning has became a must lately so all learning is good!

Driving others tune usually begins with a new experience. With the car, I often found it react differently than I expected. The 1st turn often a hit or miss for me, slight tap on the brakes sometimes yield too much turn in then goes wide afterwards trying to hold the line for the Arena ( deep braking for the right tight turn ). The weight + distribution I think is the easiest part to tweak, move the ballast slowly forward then set zero rear toe to compensate at first.

The high rear toe in has huge contribution to the transition of the car, it goes against the close to 50/50 distribution. Feels like the car want to rotate freely, but the rear is holding it up :P

H&R Audi R8 GT 2012 + MotorTrend 2011
Randy Pobst Best Driver's Car Lap Laguna Seca

Tuned to replicate Audi R8 GT 2012
2011 MotorTrend Best Driver's Car Contender
Comfort Soft

CAR : Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

Specs - AUDI R8 GT 2012 Model Year MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2011 Test
Horsepower: 553 HP / 560 PS at 8300 RPM
Torque : 399.1 ft-lb at 6900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.7%
Weight: 1580 kg
Ballast : 149 kg
Ballast Position : 43
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 551

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size - Stock or Anything you like
Car Paint : Silver or Orange or Black or Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - H&R R8 GT Coilover Kit
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Custom Audi R8 Factory Base Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110
Spring Rate: 13.25 10.20
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 4
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.16

Suspension - Eibach Springs Factory Adjustable Sports Coilover
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Specialized Audi R8 GT Custom Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 11.22 12.23
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3

LSD - Audi Rear 2 Way and Front 1 Way LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 27
Braking Sensitivity: 28

LSD - OPTIONAL Audi Rear 2 Way LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5

Rear

Brake Balance:
8/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Audi R8 GT is the sportier version of the vanilla R8, with lighter weight and more power, it can be said that the R8 GT is like Superleggera version of the Lamborghini :P

This replica is aimed to replicate the lap time posted at MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car. For this build, I provided 2 suspension setup. The main suspension setup is based on H&R Coilover for Audi R8 GT, while the 2nd is based on stock suspension. Both are running the same camber and toe alignment.

H&R Coilover Kit comes with 742lb/in or 130N/mm front and 571 lb/in or 100N/mm rear spring rate based on infos gathered. To accommodate the softer rear springs, damper and ARB has been tweaked to give better balance.

For stock suspension setup : the Audi R8 GT uses Eibach Springs, the front spring rate is known at 110N/mm or 628lb/in, ID 70mm and 200mm length based on a report from an owner who took a look at the spring markings, unfortunately no such information available for rear springs. I have to make an estimation on the rear springs by cross referencing Eibach ERS catalogue and decided on 120N/mm or 658lb/in spring. I taken into account the Gallardo stock spring rate ratio :) The chosen spring rate works very well for the car, and I tuned the damper to be firm, precise, yet easy to ride on the edge. The Audi R8 GT features sports manual adjustable coilover system with 10mm lower ride height than stock vanilla R8 as standard from factory. The R8 GT factory alignment also has higher base camber front and back at 1.5, with similar toe alignment as stock R8.

The LSD is 2 way at the rear, similar in arrangement as Lamborghini Gallardo with mechanical locking differential at the rear axle that provides up to 25 percent lockup when accelerating and up to 40 percent on the overrun/coast.
I have no confirmation on the front LSD, the GT6 stock LSD has the front with some locking, so I decided to use LSD setup with 25% lock at the front axle ( 1 way ) - this will be the main LSD setup, with optional open front LSD listed as well.

The rear wing of the real R8 GT can't be replicated as there's no rear wing available in GT6 :(, but the fixed aero values makes that moot, the R8 GT replica has more than enough downforce to make it stays planted at high speed, one of the key differences the Gallardo SL replica :D

I tuned and tested the Audi R8 GT H&R at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main goal is to replicate or beat the Randy Pobst lap record at Laguna Seca during the MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car event. Randy posted 1:36.39s while the replica driven by me, managed 1:36.256. I have included the replay for reference.

UPDATE 1.15 : Corrected toe values.

Replica updated, toe value correction.

Honda NSX Type R '92 ( Real World Setup version ) 500PP version
Ayrton Senna Tribute

Special Build with Real World Alignment Honda NSX Type R '92 500PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '92
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs

Horsepower: 353 HP at 7500 RPM
Torque: 263.7 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.4%
Weight: 1140 kg
Ballast : 105 kg
Ballast Position : 47
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Milano Red or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - BC Racing Coilover Kit Lowered with Real World Alignment and Damper Setup
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 95
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.5 ( front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5 )
Toe Angle: -0.30 0.49 ( front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - COMPTECH Complete Close Ratio Gear Set with Honda NSX-R 4.235 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 260kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.071
2nd 1.960
3rd 1.430
4th 1.120
5th 0.910
Final Gear : 4.235 ( Optional 4.44 OS Giken Final, COMPTECH 4.550 Final for more acceleration or US NSX Final 4.062 for more top speed )

LSD -Honda Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 6/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I made this special tune to commemorate Ayrton Senna :)
This time, the car is Honda NSX Type R '92, the 1st generation of Type R Honda at 500PP :)

The car setup is not your typical GT6 tune, I used real world setup alignment, similar to some of my older replica like ADVOX Supra :)

Suspension has been changed with BC Racing Coilover, 10/8 springs and a well tuned damper for road and track complement the springs. The ARB, Toe and Camber are all based on real life setup of a stock Honda NSX Type R.

Most people do not know that later generation NSX has lower spring rate at the rear to give more grip and less oversteer. Most coilover kits uses the same arrangement, while KW V3 uses same spring rate. Obviously the real world spring rate works great in GT6.

Real life specs : front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5; and front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm.

The LSD has been updated using real world setup, Honda Torque Control Differential has high preload.

The weight distribution on the NSX is wrong in GT6, real life NSX has 42/58, so to achieve that, I used some ballast and weight reduction.

Gearing has also been updated for better performance on the track, adapting 6 speed COMPTECH Close Ratio Gear Set based on NSX-R 6 speed, I used only the 5 gears, and NSX-R 4.235 Final also implemented for better acceleration. OS Giken Final 4.44 and COMPTECH 4.550 Final are optional, use them when more acceleration is needed or use US spec NSX 4.062 Final for more top speed.

To drive the NSX, you will need some real world driving approach, steer like you would in a real car, brake and gas like you would in your own car on the road :P

I tuned and tested the car at Ascari, Bathurst, Spa and Tsukuba. The car is capable of sub 2:30s at Spa.

The car is a joy to drive, feels like what a real stock NSX would drive :) It made GT6 Honda NSX more sim like, well almost like on PC :lol:

Still trying to get the best out of this one, it's a bit of a handful but still so much fun. Also A-spec Beginner level race - London - Winner. Capable of sub 59 second laps with no aids. BB 5/4

JUN AUTO ZC6 Subaru BRZ Turbo Demo Replica
Compatible with ZN6 Toyota 86GT and Scion FR-S

Tuned to replicate JUN Auto BRZ Turbo

CAR : Subaru BRZ S '12 ( also works on Toyota 86 GT '12 and Scion FR-S '12 )

Specs - Track Ready Weight
Horsepower: 293 HP / 297 PS at 6500 RPM

Are you sure this power rating is not meant to be in whp? GT6 displays power at the engine, but I expect some tuners like JUN advertise their specs from a dyno, meaning whp.

I could be wrong I guess, but if it is whp, the hp in game should be about 345 give or take.

Are you sure this power rating is not meant to be in whp? GT6 displays power at the engine, but I expect some tuners like JUN advertise their specs from a dyno, meaning whp.

I could be wrong I guess, but if it is whp, the hp in game should be about 345 give or take.

Looking at the power/curve graph from the dyno on the FA20 engine and their Synergy V8 ( power + torque curve ), I can safely assume they use crank/flywheel dyno results. The Synergy V8 uses 2 I4 motor cycle engine at 1.2L each ( Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R I4 - with approx 180PS ), combined at 2.4 L NA V8, it outputs 367.5PS / 10680rpm and 27.3kgf-m /7970rpm, a figure that I would expect measured from the crank/flywheel, because if it's measured from the wheel, it would have just over 400PS ( very hard to achieve safely from already high strung - 12.3:1 compression I4 bike engine to begin with - unless they went forced induction route or internal mods )

The FA20 engine has 35.7 kgf-m / 4700rpm, which shows it has turbine A/R aimed at throttle response, minimum lag and early peak rpm torque. It's already an amazing figure ( if measured from flywheel ) from Boxer 4 2.0L NA with only forced induction and big throttle body. AFAIK, Impreza boxer 2.0 turbo would have higher boost just to achieve similar output
( the old one runs close to 1.0 Bar - '02 WRX 2.0L stock boost runs at 11.6 psi with 227HP output )
( the later gen WRX boxer 2.5L, 2015 WRX STi outputs 305HP/40.1kgf-m on 14.7 psi stock boost, while the vanilla WRX runs at 15.9 psi / 268 HP/35.7kgf-m - and it's quite laggy. These are factory claimed output which usually uses at the crank figure )

I also doubt a stock internal FA20 can make over 340HP at the flywheel with forced induction safely, even with it's relatively low compression at 8.1:1 and low boost at 0.8kg/cm2 / 0.78 Bar / 11.37 psi :) That's 140+HP gain from stock engine and just turbo at 0.78 Bar - it's probably doable, but might involve some lag and lower peak torque as a larger A/R turbine housing and size necessary, plus the engine would be heavily strained ( unreliable ):P

Turbo BRZ FA20 :

pwg-junbrz-sep2014.png

Synergy BRZ :

pwg-synergy-jan2015.png

Lastly, I think JUN ( a big factory actually - Tanaka Industrial Co Ltd ) would have sophisticated engine dyno facility at the very least, and not just ordinary chassis dyno which they would also use too :P

Last edited:
No one can ever accuse you of not doing your research Ridox! :D I'm sure I speak for all the garage visitors when I say 'Thank you for doing all of this research so you can provide us with realistic specs!' I know there are many limitations in GT6 that prevent you from doing 100% accurate replica builds (and physics limitations or imperfections), but your cars are such a joy to drive and really drive home the small, but important, SIM part of Gran Turismo. 👍

@Ridox2JZGTE this is the same specs I shared to you via Conversation:

Forgot about Reina's R32 and Hiramoto's R32:

Koichi Hiramoto's R32:
color: Spark Silver metallic
Mods:Pine custom full exhaust, TRUST TD06SH-20G Twin specification*
Aero parts (GT6): remove wing, 5-spoke wheels similar to NISMO LM GT4 or Enkei NT03+M (WMMT) silver
Horsepower rating: 500-600hp**
Known performance: It's set to high speed stages so acceleration is sluggish like most budget tuned GT-Rs with extended gearboxes. Standard gearbox is the most accurate one since Hiramoto's aim is only for the R32 to hit 330 km/h max. I did a Hiramoto tune and I went with the corresponding numbers as what was dictated, I just mix and match until I get an expected 600 flat horsepower engine output with very minimal power adjusting to a flat 00 value. Once in full speed it can hold its max speed without worries of overrevving on its top speed value.

Reference Image of actual R32:
View attachment 309262
23327d1364757235-554549_10200993984474573_940918179_n.jpg

Reina Akikawa's Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R N1***
color: Gun Gray Metallic (S-tune); Crystal white (S-tune, R32 Premium or R32 GT-R N1 standard)
mods: NISMO T25 turbine (novel version) twin turbo specifications.* Engine Balancing, semi racing muffler.
**HP lvls: version 1 (Debut ) 400 - Nismo R32 S-Tune 00' - gun gray metallic
version 2 (tune A) 600 - Nismo R32 S-tune 00' - gun gray metallic
version 3 (tune B) 600 - Nismo R32 S-tune 00' - crystal white
version 4 (tune C) 600 - Premium R32 - crystal white wingless
version 5 (tune C) 500 - Premium R32 - crystal white wingless
Aero Parts (for R32 and S-tune) - Same BBS rims as Blackbird
Aero Parts (R32 Premium Only) - wingless, Front Aero (though unwanted Canards will be there) A or leave the front bumper as is.

Known Performance:
Knowing Yamamoto, Reina's R32 is practically NISMO based tunes and was changed 5 times throughout the series. Depending on the arc involved her tuning are as follows:
DEBUT (v1) - standard Nismo R32 S-tune works tune (stock, bore up to 400hp)
DEVIL Z ENCOUNTER (v2) - Engine rework, balancing and Engine Tuning, bore/stroke up, ECU change and suspension rework to cope the new modifications. Max HP is now at 600hp as per Reina's request to keep up and surpass the Devil Z
PERFECT GT-R ARC: (v3) - After the crash, her tune was retained but the body was painted white to prevent crashes, according to her philosophy.
MONSTER SUPRA ARC: (v4) - Some minor balancing in favor of C1 done by Yamamoto while Reina was using the RGO R33. The wing has been changed to a low-key ducktail spoiler now (in GT6, wing removed)
R200 CLUB ARC: (v5) - For dealing with the R200 club, Yamamoto detuned it to 500 in favor of traction/grip with a hint of understeer also for better speed thresholds and acceleration. She stayed with this tune ever since.
*She has a v6 but that was after she left for America for her Modelling career and it was a Rikako Speed Factory visual upgrade (returned the stock wing + the ducktail spoiler)

Reference Image of actual R32:
wangan_midnight_08.jpg

images

*source: ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/湾岸ミッドナイト
**source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wangan_Midnight_characters\
*** If the R32 NISMO S-tune can be wingless, go with the Nismo S-tune instead

H&R Audi R8 GT 2012 + MotorTrend 2011
Randy Pobst Best Driver's Car Lap Laguna Seca

Tuned to replicate Audi R8 GT 2012
2011 MotorTrend Best Driver's Car Contender
Comfort Soft

CAR : Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

Specs - AUDI R8 GT 2012 Model Year MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2011 Test
Horsepower: 553 HP / 560 PS at 8300 RPM
Torque : 399.1 ft-lb at 6900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.7%
Weight: 1580 kg
Ballast : 149 kg
Ballast Position : 43
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 551

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size - Stock or Anything you like
Car Paint : Silver or Orange or Black or Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - H&R R8 GT Coilover Kit
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Custom Audi R8 Factory Base Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 13.25 10.20
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 7

Suspension - Eibach Springs Factory Adjustable Sports Coilover
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Specialized Audi R8 GT Custom Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 11.22 12.23
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3

LSD - Audi Rear 2 Way and Front 1 Way LSD

Front

Rear

LSD - OPTIONAL Audi Rear 2 Way LSD

Front

Rear

Brake Balance:
8/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Audi R8 GT is the sportier version of the vanilla R8, with lighter weight and more power, it can be said that the R8 GT is like Superleggera version of the Lamborghini :P

This replica is aimed to replicate the lap time posted at MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car. For this build, I provided 2 suspension setup. The main suspension setup is based on H&R Coilover for Audi R8 GT, while the 2nd is based on stock suspension. Both are running the same camber and toe alignment.

H&R Coilover Kit comes with 742lb/in or 130N/mm front and 571 lb/in or 100N/mm rear spring rate based on infos gathered. To accommodate the softer rear springs, damper and ARB has been tweaked to give better balance.

For stock suspension setup : the Audi R8 GT uses Eibach Springs, the front spring rate is known at 110N/mm or 628lb/in, ID 70mm and 200mm length based on a report from an owner who took a look at the spring markings, unfortunately no such information available for rear springs. I have to make an estimation on the rear springs by cross referencing Eibach ERS catalogue and decided on 120N/mm or 658lb/in spring. I taken into account the Gallardo stock spring rate ratio :) The chosen spring rate works very well for the car, and I tuned the damper to be firm, precise, yet easy to ride on the edge. The Audi R8 GT features sports manual adjustable coilover system with 10mm lower ride height than stock vanilla R8 as standard from factory. The R8 GT factory alignment also has higher base camber front and back at 1.5, with similar toe alignment as stock R8.

The LSD is 2 way at the rear, similar in arrangement as Lamborghini Gallardo with mechanical locking differential at the rear axle that provides up to 25 percent lockup when accelerating and up to 40 percent on the overrun/coast.
I have no confirmation on the front LSD, the GT6 stock LSD has the front with some locking, so I decided to use LSD setup with 25% lock at the front axle ( 1 way ) - this will be the main LSD setup, with optional open front LSD listed as well.

The rear wing of the real R8 GT can't be replicated as there's no rear wing available in GT6 :(, but the fixed aero values makes that moot, the R8 GT replica has more than enough downforce to make it stays planted at high speed, one of the key differences the Gallardo SL replica :D

I tuned and tested the Audi R8 GT H&R at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main goal is to replicate or beat the Randy Pobst lap record at Laguna Seca during the MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car event. Randy posted 1:36.39s while the replica driven by me, managed 1:36.256. I have included the replay for reference.

UPDATE 1.15 : Corrected toe values.

Settings used:
No Aids, No ABS, Brake Balance: 5/5, G27
Specs unchanged
Tyres - Sports: Soft

IB Class, Supercar Festival
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
630 PP or less, Sports Soft or less

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_9.jpg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_8.jpg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_7.jpg

The Finish Line

DSC_0092.JPG

--------------------------

&

A-Spec Seasonal Winner
on CH tyres :D

:cheers:

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 Replica
Car & Driver + Auto Motor Und Sport
MotorTrend 2012 Best Drivers Car Randy Pobst
Laguna Seca, Fuji Speedway and Nurburging GP/D Lap Record

Tuned to replicate Aventador LP700-4 2012
Comfort Soft

project-eternal-matte.jpg

Special Stage Route X_10.jpg

CAR : Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11

Specs Car & Driver 2012 No Fuel
Horsepower: 690 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque: 509.3 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Weight: 1721 kg
Ballast : 146 kg
Ballast Position : 11
Weight Distribution : 42.5 / 57.5
Performance Points: 575

Specs Auto Motor Und Sport 2012 No Fuel
Weight: 1721 kg
Ballast : 146 kg
Ballast Position : 7
Weight Distribution : 42.9 / 57.1
Performance Points: 575

Specs MotorTrend 2012 Euro Spec 45/55 No Fuel based on Online Spec
Weight: 1732 kg
Ballast : 157 kg
Ballast Position : -8
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 - close to 44/56 as shown at the MotorTrend site.
Performance Points: 574

Specs MotorTrend 2012 Euro Spec 42/58 No Fuel Based on Video
Weight: 1732 kg
Ballast : 157 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - as shown on MotorTrend Video
Performance Points: 574

Fuji Speedway F_3.jpg

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT installed in this build ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Car Paint : Cyberia Blue or White or Grigio Estoque

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit ( OPTIONAL - Lamborghini Official Spec - Dry Double Plate Clutch )
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension OHLINS Push Rod Actuated Coil Springs + Damper
Base Ride Height for Track ( used on MotorTrend Lap )

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 104 104 ( Adjustable range 4.1"-5.7" = 104.1mm to 144.8mm )
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.09
Dampers (Compression): 7 5
Dampers (Extension): 6 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - ISR ( Independent Shifting Rod ) 7 Speed with 1.24 Transfer Gear Ratio
Corrected Final Drive Ratio

Install all power parts
Set Default
Use Default Final
Set Auto Max Speed at 380kmh /236mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.909
2nd 2.438
3rd 1.810
4th 1.458
5th 1.185
6th 0.967
7th 0.844
Set Final 3.559 - Corrected Final drive based on Car & Driver Test 2.87 Final + Transfer Gear Ratio

LSD 2 way rear ( low preload )
FRONT

REAR
Braking Sensitivity: 30

LSD 2 way rear ( medium preload )
FRONT

REAR
Initial Torque : 22

AERO
Front : 50 ( fixed )
Rear : 100 ( fixed )

Special Stage Route X_7.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 replica is one of the harder to built, so many sources having different stats ( weight and distribution ). I had to make several version just to cover the differing test specification. Power uses stock no oil change at 690HP / 700PS and 509ft lb torque.

Lamborghini own claim at 1575kg, which never happen when the car is ready to roll.

MotorTrend alone has 2 different weight and distribution spec for the same car.
2012 Test MotorTrend :
Online Site : Weight 3817lb / 1732kg , distribution 45/55
Video Best Drivers Car 2012 : Weight 4109lb / 1864kg, distribution 42/58

Car & Driver 2012 Test : 4085lb / 1853kg tested weight and 42.5/57.5 distribution.

Auto Motor Und Sport & Sport Auto, Test + SuperTest stated 1792-1794kg full tank weight tested with 42.9/57.1 distribution ( 2012 )

Data taken from Sport Auto Test :

Test - Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
Conditions at Hockenheimring (air/track): 4/4 Degrees Celsius
Weight (with full tank of fuel): 1792 kg
0-60 km/h: 1,7 s
0-100 km/h: 3,1 s
0-160 km/h: 6,0 s
0-200 km/h: 8,8 s
Flexibility (80-120 km/h) in 4th/5th/6th/7th gear: 2,7 s/3,6 s/5,0 s/6,2 s
18 m slalom: 70,0 km/h
Braking (100-0 km/h): 31,9 m (warm)
GPS-topspeed: 354 km/h (/8000 rpm in 7th gear)

Supertest - Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Conditions at Hockenheimring (air/track): 20/19 Degrees Celsius
Weight (with full tank of fuel): 1794 kg
0-60 km/h: 1,6 s
0-100 km/h: 3,0 s
0-160 km/h: 6,3 s
0-200 km/h: 9,5 s
Flexibility (80-120 km/h) in 4th/5th/6th/7th gear: 3,1 s/4,1 s/5,7 s/7,0 s
18 m slalom: 70,6 km/h
110 m ISO evasive test: 155 km/h
Braking (100-0 km/h): 32,4 m (warm)
Hockenheimring: 1.08,6 min
Nürburgring-Norschleife: 7.25,1 min
Dunlop wet handling track: 1.34,8 min

This means I have to calculate the fuel tank weight and built the replica with minimum fuel as the Aventador in GT6 could only have 1775kg at the heaviest. I used 1792-1794kg as a base and set the weight at 1721kg for both Car & Driver + Auto Motor Und Sport spec, while MotorTrend replica spec uses the site data at 1732kg for minimum fuel weight ( Euro Spec 2012 )

The MotorTrend Best Drivers Car Video, very likely uses US DOT spec car which has heavier weight than Euro Spec, as evidenced by Car & Driver test weight which weigh quite close to each other ( 1853kg C&D vs MotorTrend 1864kg ) GT6 adds 100 Liters of fuel when on track ( full tank ), while the real car IRL has 90 L fuel tank capacity. The replica weight will approximation based on all data available. The performance in acceleration ( time ) and 0-400m are accurate when tested on both 1721kg and 1732kg on Comfort Soft tires.

Weight distribution for Car & Driver spec 42.5/57.5, Auto Motor Und Sport spec 42.9/57.1, while the MotorTrend has 2 set of distribution, 45/55 ( close to 44/56 ) and 42/58. All of them has been tested with the optimized suspension setup capable to cope with distribution from 45/55 to 42/58.

Suspension of the real car uses state of the art push rod actuated coil spring over damper made by Ohlins, specifically designed and setup for the Aventador. After some research I found that due to the design of the push road, the spring rate can be as low as the previous generation Murcielago without sacrificing ride quality and performance. The Murcielago front spring rate has been used as a base with the rear spring rate selected with spring ratio optimized for the weight distribution. This leads to 450lb/in front and 621lb/in rear.
Damper, ARB and alignment has been set for predictable balance with mild understeer like the real tests review. Camber are 2.0 and zero toe all around for track ready driving.

Gearing is incorrect in GT6, mainly due to the wrong final drive value not accounting the transfer gear ratio. Based on Car & Drover specification data, the rear axle ratio / final is 2.87, with transfer gear ratio at 1.24:1. This means the effective final ratio is 3.559 :D The Lamborghini official site stated the car has dry double plate clutch ( I use stock clutch when testing ), the twin plate clutch has been listed as optional, as many publication state single plate clutch instead. The custom transmission in the GT6 already give improved shift time, so single plate stock clutch is more than enough. Speed vs RPM on each gear has been tested and accurate based on Car & Driver report. The acceleration time and 0-400m performance also accurately replicated with 0-60mph in 2.6s-3s flat and 10.6s average quarter mile ( Sport Auto ) Fastestlaps listed 10.2s quarter mile.

Car & Driver Test :
GEAR RATIO MPH PER 1000 RPM MAX SPEED IN GEAR (rpm)

1 ........ 3.91 ........5.8............49 mph (8500)
2 ........ 2.44 ........9.3............79 mph (8500)
3 ........ 1.81 .......12.5...........106 mph (8500)
4 ........ 1.46 .......15.6...........133 mph (8500)
5 ........ 1.19 .......19.1...........162 mph (8500)
6 ........ 0.97 .......23.5...........200 mph (8500)
7 ........ 0.84 .......26.9...........217 mph (8070)

The drivetrain uses AWD with front Haldex IV providing electronic controlled drive engagement. The front has no mechanical LSD equipped, instead it uses electronic based torque management ( eLSD controlled by ESP - most possibly brake based ) Due to this, I used stock torque split controller, and set the LSD to custom with front at close to open values and rear in 2 way with 2 choices of preload. On all the test lap, I used the 22 Initial Torque LSD set ( medium preload ), feel free to try the low preload at 17 for more looser handling.

Once the horses exit the ISR gearbox, they're sent to the road via a four-wheel drive system that's also received technical investment. The Murcielago, as well as the Gallardo, uses a viscous coupling central differential that doesn't have electronic control, relying on self-regulation. The Aventador was gifted with a Haldex IV electronically controlled coupling. The front wheels can receive between 0 and 60 percent of the engine's torque, depending on the driving conditions.

At the back, the power is channeled through a mechanical limited slip differential, while the ESP mimics the action of such a unit for the front wheels. A second mechanical LSD wouldn't have been a viable option due to the weight penalty brought by this.

To get accurate performance and handling to the real world, I tested and tuned at 3 different tracks, all of them have lap record by Aventador LP700-4. Fuji Speedway F at 1:52.55, Nurburgring GP/D at 1:38.80, and Laguna Seca ( MotorTrend Randy Pobst 2012 ) at 1:35.40

These lap times are replicated with comfort soft tires, the replica at Fuji can easily lap in 1:51s, Nurb GP/D at 1:38s and Laguna Seca at flat 1:35s. I have provided 4 replay files, 1 for each track and 1 drag replay to show how accurate the performance vs real life tests. All of them done with medium preload LSD set.

Fuji : Car & Driver spec 42.5 / 57.5 distribution 1721kg
Nurburgring GP/D : Car & Driver spec 42.5 / 57.5 distribution 1721kg
Laguna Seca : MotorTrend 42/58 distribution 1732kg
SSRX : Drag Test with Car & Driver Spec 42.5/ / 57.5 distribution 1721kg

Highly recommend to set the audio option camera set to exterior for best experience.

The video from Motor Trend Best Drivers 2012, driven by Pro Driver Randy Pobst :

Fuji Speedway F_4.jpg

Attachments

• AventadorFujiF1m51sCS.zip
    392.4 KB · Views: 11
  • AventadorLagunaSeca1m35sCS.zip
    351.7 KB · Views: 11
  • AventadorNurbGP-D1m38sCS.zip
    357.1 KB · Views: 16
  • AventadorSSRXDrag.zip
    611.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Settings used:
No Aids, No ABS, Brake Balance: 5/5, G27
Specs unchanged
Tyres - Sports: Soft

IB Class, Supercar Festival
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
630 PP or less, Sports Soft or less

View attachment 309332

View attachment 309333

View attachment 309334
The Finish Line

--------------------------

&

A-Spec Seasonal Winner
on CH tyres :D

Another close finish 👍 How's the Audi R8 with the corrected toe in ?

The Aventador has been posted, hope it will drive well :)

@ALB123 : I know that you always wanted an Aventador replica, here it is :P

Now I have to sort out the Yellowbird, the 3 specs are still needing damper tweaks to better use the comfort mediums.

Still trying to get the best out of this one, it's a bit of a handful but still so much fun. Also A-spec Beginner level race - London - Winner. Capable of sub 59 second laps with no aids. BB 5/4

Must be fun to race :) I updated the replica with toe value correction, should drive better now, right ? :lol:

Honda NSX Type R '92 ( Real World Setup version ) 500PP version
Ayrton Senna Tribute

Special Build with Real World Alignment Honda NSX Type R '92 500PP

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '92

Specs

Horsepower: 353 HP at 7500 RPM
Torque: 263.7 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.4%
Weight: 1140 kg
Ballast : 105 kg
Ballast Position : 47
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change
Car Paint : Milano Red or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - BC Racing Coilover Kit Lowered with Real World Alignment and Damper Setup
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 95
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.5 ( front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5 )
Toe Angle: -0.17 0.33 ( front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - COMPTECH Complete Close Ratio Gear Set with Honda NSX-R 4.235 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 260kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.071
2nd 1.960
3rd 1.430
4th 1.120
5th 0.910
Final Gear : 4.235 ( Optional 4.44 OS Giken Final, COMPTECH 4.550 Final for more acceleration or US NSX Final 4.062 for more top speed )

LSD -Honda Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Initial Torque : 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 6/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I made this special tune to commemorate Ayrton Senna :)
This time, the car is Honda NSX Type R '92, the 1st generation of Type R Honda at 500PP :)

The car setup is not your typical GT6 tune, I used real world setup alignment, similar to some of my older replica like ADVOX Supra :)

Suspension has been changed with BC Racing Coilover, 10/8 springs and a well tuned damper for road and track complement the springs. The ARB, Toe and Camber are all based on real life setup of a stock Honda NSX Type R.

Most people do not know that later generation NSX has lower spring rate at the rear to give more grip and less oversteer. Most coilover kits uses the same arrangement, while KW V3 uses same spring rate. Obviously the real world spring rate works great in GT6.

Real life specs : front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5; and front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm.

The LSD has been updated using real world setup, Honda Torque Control Differential has high preload.

The weight distribution on the NSX is wrong in GT6, real life NSX has 42/58, so to achieve that, I used some ballast and weight reduction.

Gearing has also been updated for better performance on the track, adapting 6 speed COMPTECH Close Ratio Gear Set based on NSX-R 6 speed, I used only the 5 gears, and NSX-R 4.235 Final also implemented for better acceleration. OS Giken Final 4.44 and COMPTECH 4.550 Final are optional, use them when more acceleration is needed or use US spec NSX 4.062 Final for more top speed.

To drive the NSX, you will need some real world driving approach, steer like you would in a real car, brake and gas like you would in your own car on the road :P

I tuned and tested the car at Ascari, Bathurst, Spa and Tsukuba. The car is capable of sub 2:30s at Spa.

The car is a joy to drive, feels like what a real stock NSX would drive :) It made GT6 Honda NSX more sim like, well almost like on PC :lol:

UPDATE 1.15 : Toe correction, value used for front -2.5mm toe out and rear 5mm toe in, toe value has been properly converted from minute to degree and per side.

I just finished 5 laps around the Nurburgring Nordschleife with the Car & Driver Lamborghini Aventador Replica build. I'm really starting to think Aventador means "Bloated Pig"! :boggled: This car carries a lot of weight. I had my brake balance all the way up to 8/7 and I still found myself slamming on the brake pedal much, much sooner than I ever had to in a car around this track. She is one heavy car...

Fortunately, she packs as much horsepower as she does weight. The Aventador is sure to get your pulse into triple digits, to match your car's speed, and that's where this car will never disappoint. Pure speed. I must confess, however, that I had a very, very hard time keeping this car pointed straight with the Comfort Soft tires. With the rises and dips of the Nordschliefe's twisty track, my car's weight was tossed around for 8 straight minutes. Yes, sadly, I wasn't able to come close to the real life Nordschleife time of 7:25.1... My tires were screeching and screaming the entire lap.

It's going to take a lot more practice in this car for me to feel comfortable. I'm just not used to driving such a powerful and heavy car. It really forces you to approach every single turn and braking zone differently.

Next, I was off to Monza, where I figured I could evaluate the car more on it's raw speed than it's enormous weight transfer. She doesn't disappoint in that regard, as expected. Of course, my inexperience driving this heavy beast was evident at each chicane. 6 laps - 6 red flags... LOL

It may very well come down to me needing to drive this car with Sport Hard or Sport Medium tires. I wanted to give this car a fair chance on the recommended Comfort Soft tires and I feel I either just need a lot more practice, or I'm just not good enough of a driver to handle 690HP on CS tires. :( Either way, I give 👍 to Ridox for finally bringing a true Aventador replica to his garage. I look forward to putting a LOT of miles on this car.

EDIT:

I fared better at Fuji Speedway F. I wasn't able to match Ridox's time, unfortunately. After 3 quick laps, my best time was 1:54.575.

Last edited:
MERCEDES BENZ SLS AMG GT3 '11 618PP
CRAP CASUAL RACING CLUB ONLINE TUNE

Sport Soft to Racing Soft

GoodsmileSLSGT300Miku.jpg

CAR : MERCEDES BENZ SLS AMG GT3 '11
Tire : Sport Soft to Racing Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 598 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque: 503.7 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as stock
Performance Points: 618

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( optional -NOT INSTALLED ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Car Paint : GT6 Chrome 005

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit

SLSGT300.jpg

Suspension Base Tune
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 80 80
Spring Rate: 21.40 17.86
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 5 ( OPTIONAL increase front damper extension to 6 for more responsive steering )
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5 ( OPTIONAL rear ARB 4 )

Suspension Alternate Set - Online Tested - Bathurst 2:04s and Red Bull Ring 1:28s Very Fast Tire ( Racing Hard to Soft )
Front, Rear

Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 5 5 ( OPTIONAL increase front damper extension to 6 for more responsive steering )
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4 ( OPTIONAL rear ARB 4 )

Transmission Xtrac 6 Speed
Reset to Default
Set Final 5.400
Set Top Speed to 124mph / 199kmh
Set each Gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 1.933
3rd 1.533
4th 1.278
5th 1.100
6th 0.960
Set Final 3.670 ( Good for Red Bull Ring, increase or lower according to track ) - 3.250 for Bathurst

LSD - 2 way high preload
Initial Torque : 20 or Optional 17 for looser handling ( suitable for Bathurst )
Braking Sensitivity: 20 or Optional 10 for more loose steering under braking.

AERO
FRONT / REAR = 300 / 400 ( LOW ) - increase both by 25 increment if necessary.

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
A base tune made for CRAP Casual Racing GT3 event weekend race.

Tested at Red Bull Ring and Bathurst on Racing Soft online with very fast tire wear. Capable of 1:27s at Red Bull Ring, and 2:02s-2:04s at Bathurst. The base tune should driven first, if you feel the car is too edgy / unstable, try the alternate online tested setup, it gives different feel/balance.

Rear ARB at 4 gives better stability, while the front damper extension at 6 gives more immediate response but might be darty on lower speed.

LSD with 20 initial torque is the base setup with gearing uses Xtrac ratios set, 3.670 final is a good balance for medium speed track.

Aero at low value optimized to work with the suspension, 300/400. If wanted more grip or later the balance, raise by 25 points either front or rear only first to suit your needs. Raise both if necessary.

View attachment 105729

I just finished 5 laps around the Nurburgring Nordschleife with the Car & Driver Lamborghini Aventador Replica build. I'm really starting to think Aventador means "Bloated Pig"! :boggled: This car carries a lot of weight. I had my brake balance all the way up to 8/7 and I still found myself slamming on the brake pedal much, much sooner than I ever had to in a car around this track. She is one heavy car...

Fortunately, she packs as much horsepower as she does weight. The Aventador is sure to get your pulse into triple digits, to match your car's speed, and that's where this car will never disappoint. Pure speed. I must confess, however, that I had a very, very hard time keeping this car pointed straight with the Comfort Soft tires. With the rises and dips of the Nordschliefe's twisty track, my car's weight was tossed around for 8 straight minutes. Yes, sadly, I wasn't able to come close to the real life Nordschleife time of 7:25.1... My tires were screeching and screaming the entire lap.

It's going to take a lot more practice in this car for me to feel comfortable. I'm just not used to driving such a powerful and heavy car. It really forces you to approach every single turn and braking zone differently.

Next, I was off to Monza, where I figured I could evaluate the car more on it's raw speed than it's enormous weight transfer. She doesn't disappoint in that regard, as expected. Of course, my inexperience driving this heavy beast was evident at each chicane. 6 laps - 6 red flags... LOL

It very well come down to me needing to drive this car with Sport Hard or Sport Medium tires. I wanted to give this car a fair chance on the recommended Comfort Soft tires and I feel I either just need a lot more practice, or I'm just not good enough of a driver to handle 690HP on CS tires. :( Either way, I give 👍 to Ridox for finally bringing a true Aventador replica to his garage. I look forward to putting a LOT of miles on this car.

EDIT:

I fared better at Fuji Speedway F. I wasn't able to match Ridox's time, unfortunately. After 3 quick laps, my best time was 1:54.575.

The Aventador is indeed heavy and the brakes at 5/7 with no ABS rarely locks up even close to full force :) Sometimes I wonder if the brakes will make it :lol: Please download the replays ( Fuji, Nurb GP/D and Laguna Seca ). The Fuji and Nurb has long straight with heavy braking portion. This could give you some reference on how early the car needs to brake hard on CS tire. IMO, the best balance is with 42.5/57.5 or 42/58 weight distribution, less push than the 45/55 or 42.9/57.1 :P

The Aventador can also lap the Tsukuba on CS in 1:00.xxs range. With Sport Hard, the bull is much more grippy and agile 👍

Yeah, I went with the 42.5/57.5 weight distribution. There is no way that I could handle even more weight coming around on me, from the back, at speed. :lol: I almost always drive ABS=1 (all other aids turned off). With all of that additional weight I was experiencing a tremendous amount of Understeer - pushing through corner entry. I just need to learn how to really scrub my speed away at corner entry and then power out of the corners. I was pleased with my Fuji Speedway F lap time. It was a bit off of your pace, but I think with more practice I could probably get very close to your time.

MERCEDES BENZ SLS AMG GT3 '11 618PP
CRAP CASUAL RACING CLUB ONLINE TUNE

Sport Soft to Racing Soft

CAR : MERCEDES BENZ SLS AMG GT3 '11
Tire : Sport Soft to Racing Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 598 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque: 503.7 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 as stock
Performance Points: 618

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( optional -NOT INSTALLED ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Car Paint : GT6 Chrome 005

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension Base Tune
Front, Rear

Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5 ( OPTIONAL rear ARB 4 )

Suspension Alternate Set - Online Tested - Bathurst 2:04s and Red Bull Ring 1:28s Very Fast Tire ( Racing Hard to Soft )
Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4 ( OPTIONAL rear ARB 4 )

Transmission Xtrac 6 Speed
Reset to Default
Set Final 5.400
Set Top Speed to 124mph / 199kmh
Set each Gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 1.933
3rd 1.533
4th 1.278
5th 1.100
6th 0.960
Set Final 3.670 ( Good for Red Bull Ring, increase or lower according to track ) - 3.250 for Bathurst

LSD - 2 way high preload
Initial Torque : 20 or Optional 17 for looser handling ( suitable for Bathurst )
Braking Sensitivity: 20 or Optional 10 for more loose steering under braking.

AERO
FRONT / REAR = 300 / 400 ( LOW ) - increase both by 25 increment if necessary.

Brake Balance:

Notes :
A base tune made for CRAP Casual Racing GT3 event weekend race.

Tested at Red Bull Ring and Bathurst on Racing Soft online with very fast tire wear. Capable of 1:27s at Red Bull Ring, and 2:02s-2:04s at Bathurst. The base tune should driven first, if you feel the car is too edgy / unstable, try the alternate online tested setup, it gives different feel/balance.

Rear ARB at 4 gives better stability, while the front damper extension at 6 gives more immediate response but might be darty on lower speed.

LSD with 20 initial torque is the base setup with gearing uses Xtrac ratios set, 3.670 final is a good balance for medium speed track.

Aero at low value optimized to work with the suspension, 300/400. If wanted more grip or later the balance, raise by 25 points either front or rear only first to suit your needs. Raise both if necessary.

View attachment 105729

Download link
My three Online Race Wins
(Monza, Cape Ring, Laguna Seca)
Replays for PS3

BDt8EcEl2cZNThgi_0.jpg rW8NVdTpovtoqn80MD_0.jpg uZebdkXbifd4lqyl4c_0.jpg

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe '02-'03 Car & Driver + 40th Anniversary Jade Green '04 Tsukuba Best Motoring Lap
LP640 Best Motoring 2007 Twin Ring Motegi Lap
Nissan GTR VS The World 2

Tuned to replicate Murcielago Base Coupe + LP640
Comfort Soft

verdemurcielago.jpg

CAR : Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 '09

Specs Best Motoring LP640 '07
Horsepower: 631 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque: 487.0 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Weight: 1805 kg
Ballast : 140 kg
Ballast Position : 10
Weight Distribution : 42.2 / 57.8
Performance Points: 545

Specs Car & Driver 2002/2003 Base Coupe + 40th Anniversary Jade Green
Horsepower: 572 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 487.0 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 90.9%
Weight: 1841 kg
Ballast : 176 kg
Ballast Position : 10
Weight Distribution : 42.2 / 57.8
Performance Points: 531

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_4.jpg

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT installed in this build )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A ( OPTIONAL )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size BODY Coddington Wheels Legacy F-09 in Chrome Silver
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca or Mystic Teal Metallic or
GT6 Polarized 007 / 008 / 010 / 011 / 012 / 031 / 034 / 044

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension - LP640 Best Motoring '07
Custom Setup with Optimized Spring Ratio + Track FSD Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 8.17 13.39
Dampers (Compression): 8 6 ( Optional Soft Damper : Front Compression 6 )
Dampers (Extension): 5 4 ( Optional Soft Damper : Rear Extension 3 )
Camber Angle: 2.0 2.0 ( Optional low camber 1.5/1.5 or 1.0/1.0 )

LP670-4 SV Alignment ( Optional )
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.10

Suspension - Base Coupe '02-'03 + '04 40th Anniversary
Custom Setup with Optimized Spring Ratio + Soft FSD Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 8.17 13.39
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 2.0 ( Optional low camber 1.5/1.5 or 1.0/1.0 )

LP670-4 SV Alignment ( Optional )
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.10

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_3.jpg

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed LP640 with 2.530 Axle + 1.24 Transfer Gear Ratio
Corrected Final Drive Ratio

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.500
Set Auto Max Speed at 261kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.091
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.565
4th 1.241
5th 1.065
6th 0.939
Set Final 3.137 ( Effective Final )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed Base Coupe 2002/2003 Car & Driver
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.500
Set Auto Max Speed at 261kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.941
2nd 2.056
3rd 1.520
4th 1.179
5th 1.030
6th 0.914
Set Final 2.750 ( as listed on Car & Driver - base coupe has 7600RPM Red line, corrected optional Final for 8500 RPM redline of LP640 ) -OPTIONAL 3.137 for better acceleration

LSD 1 way front and 2 way rear ( low preload 25% / 45% )
FRONT
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15

REAR
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 27

AERO - OPTIONAL Rear Wing
Rear : 20 ( Max )

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_11.jpg

Brake Balance:

Notes :

The Murcielago, successor to the cool Diablo. I made this long ago, recently drove it again and found it to be enjoyable. This replica is comprised of 2 version, 2002/2003 Car & Driver Test Base Coupe ( non LP ) and Best Motoring 2007 LP640 Motegi Lap Record.

The power and weight for the 2002/2003 Car & Driver is 572HP and 1842kg with 42.2 / 57.8 distribution, while the 2007 Best Motoring LP640 has 631HP and 1805kg with same distribution.

Suspension is custom tuned by me, as there's not solid information on the spring rate except for the front rate which is not available in GT6 ( the minimum value still too high ). I decided to use 450/750 rate, the ratio has been optimized to work with the distribution. The 2002/2003 Car & Driver has soft damper setup while the LP640 has stiffer front damper compression and rear extension to give better track handling. Ride height is set using the ground clearance data from C & D at 4.8 inch / 122mm.

The gearing has separate set as well. The 2002/2003 Base Coupe has different gear ratio fitted with the 6.2 liter V12 engine which has lower redline at 7600RPM. The Car & Driver max speed on each gear is different than most other publication articles :

........Gear Ratio Mph/1000rpm Max.speed in gears
I .............2.94...... 10.1 ......... 77 mph (7600 rpm)
II ............2.06...... 14.5 ........ 110 mph (7600 rpm)
III ..........1.52...... 19.6 ......... 149 mph (7600 rpm)
IV ..........1.18...... 25.2 ......... 192 mph (7600 rpm)
V ...........1.03...... 28.9 ......... 205 mph (7100 rpm)
VI ...........0.91...... 32.6 ......... 205 mph (6300 rpm)

The Murcielago in GT6 has 6.5L V12 with 8500RPM redline, to account for this and keep the max speed similar, a corrected final ratio is used at 2.750. An optional final 3.137 can also be used to achieve similar max speed often listed by other publication.

For the LP640, the correct final drive has been provided, taken into account the 2.530 rear axle ratio and 1.24 transfer gear ratio. The max speed and acceleration now is accurate for both version.

LSD is 1 way front and 2 way rear, employing low preload with 25% lock up front and 45% lock rear to reflect real life specification. The LSD has been tuned to provide mild understeer but still can be pushed sideways at will, similar to the real life reviews.

The rear wing is optional, while the color paint has been provided with variety of choices. The Mystic Teal Metallic is chosen to replicate the Jade Green 40th Anniversary Edition.

The replica, particularly the LP640 has been tested at Twin Ring Motegi and Tsukuba. At Tsukuba, it can lap in low 1:03s, while at Motegi Road Course, the replica is able to replicate the real life Best Motoring lap record at 2:09.955. My test lap was in 2:08s with comfort soft tires.

For the Base Coupe/40th Anniversary replica version, the real life record at Tsukuba is at 1:04.76, try to aim that time with the Base Coupe specs ( 572HP/1841kg ) and Base Transmission with 2.750 Final.

The Murcielago is heavy super sports, it has good traction and acceleration from 1st to 3rd gear, and care must be taken when braking from high speed. The brakes are okay, but might need earlier application. On medium to high speed curve, be smooth with the steering and throttle, the heavy rear end can easily cause unwanted overload on the outside tires.
This is similar to the Best Motoring lap and races, in which the pro driver Naoki Hattori has to drive rather cautiously at Motegi, slow in fast out gives good lap.

He noted that the car has understeer tendency, and the rear wanted to step out albeit subtle in process. He cited the uneasy feeling from the rear on turn in, and careful throttle was necessary on exit to avoid traction break out. He even spun at the S turn on the warm up lap ( off camera ). Brake early, smooth driving line is am must, as suggested on the Best Motoring video below. Naoki Hattori best lap during solo run 2:11.435, much slower than the race best lap set by Yuji Ide ( ex F1 Super Aguri Driver )

The replay has been provided for the Twin Ring Motegi lap, using the LP640 specs setup, enjoy :D
Also the video of the Murcielago in action - the lap was achieved during the race at 2:09.955, the LP640 came in 2nd after losing power nearing the end of the race, possibly due to overheating.

lamborghini-murcielago-40th-anniversary.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_31.jpg

UPDATE 1.16 : Updated LSD to reflect real life LSD spec front 25% and rear 45%. Additional camber and toe added ( used on the LP670-4 SV )

Attachments

• MurcielagoLP640Motegi2m8sCS.zip
    438.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Lancia Stratos HF Stradale 450PP version

Lancia Stratos HF Stradale - special build at 450PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : LANCIA STRATOS '73
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 252 HP / 255 PS at 7200 RPM
Torque : 207.7 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.9%
Weight: 980 kg
Ballast : 99 kg
Ballast Position : -48
Weight Distribution : 46 / 54 - as in real life street version spec.
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) - OPTIONAL - I have one built with this installed - works great on ABS 0.
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing - NO WING
Other Part A ( lights )
Wheels : Standard Size - PDI P525N in GT6 Matte 018
Car Paint : GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Weigh Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Gr4 Eibach ERS Springs and Bilstein Damper Coilover Kit ( 450/475 )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 8.00 8.48
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10

Alternative suspension setup for bumpy track :

Ride Height: 130 130
Spring Rate: 8.00 8.48
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 3
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10

LSD - 2 way ZF Plate based LSD low lock, medium preload
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 24 -increase to 30/37 to reduce brake lift off oversteer if necessary.

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Gr4 Rally Gearset with stock Final Gear
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 240kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.143
2nd 2.240
3rd 1.762
4th 1.417
5th 1.154
Set Final : 3.824 ( Adjust final according to track if necessary )

Brake Balance:
8/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 8/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I have this Stratos since release day, used often on cruise lobby online on lesser state of tune. I decided to tune up to 450PP. The weight kept at stock level, with weight distribution fixed to replicate real life car spec ( HF Stradale ). I removed the rear spoiler and installed rally style front lights :D

Using Gr4 spec suspension, LSD and gearing. Suspension comes from Eibach Gr 4 ERS springs, Bilstein Damper with conservative 450/475 spring rate, while LSD from Gr 4 ZF plate based LSD with max lock set at 40%. For gearing, I used Gr 4 Stratos HF Rally close ratio gearset to make sure the engine stays on the sweet spot range.

With the tune, this Stratos HF Stradale is able to lap Tsukuba in easy consistent 1:05s on comfort soft even on stock gearing, with a best lap of 1:04s :eek: The tune works on comfort soft and below if you are a throttle master ;), all sports tire and also has been tested on racing hard with good result.

Tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Bathurst, Big Willow, Nurb GP/F and Nordschleife :D The car is pretty stable, with good rotation, always brake smoothly, apply a bit of throttle when lifting the brakes to avoid excessive rotation. When the car pushes/understeer, reduce throttle - do not lift off all of a sudden, modulate at around 50%, this will make the car rotate smoothly. And lastly, do not jerk the steering when on a curve or driving at high speed, the car do not like rough steering input :)

Winner at

Intermediate Level Classic Sportscar Race
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, 4 Laps
Normal cars, 530PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_19.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_20.jpg
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_21.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_18.jpg

Settings used:
No Aids, No ABS, G27
Brake Balance: 7/7
Suspension - Gr4 Eibach ERS Springs and Bilstein Damper Coilover Kit

Specs unchanged (450 PP, CS Tyres)

*The brake balance and the brake strength are very important for any tune driven without ABS.
If the proper values are found, a car can be saved from being thrown to the scrap yard.
Unfortunately, it's a DIY job most of the time.

---------------------------------------------------

Ferrari F430 Scuderia '07 Swift/AFCO/MOTON Tuned Real World Setup

Special Build Replica of Ferrari F430 Scuderia

CAR : Ferrari F430 Scuderia '07

Specs - No Fuel

Horsepower: 502 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque: 347.1 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Weight: 1363 kg
Ballast : 135 kg
Ballast Position : 19
Weight Distribution : 42.5 / 57.5 as in real life with no fuel
Performance Points: 548

Specs - Full Tank Weight
Horsepower: 502 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque: 347.1 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Weight: 1423 kg
Ballast : 195 kg
Ballast Position : 18
Weight Distribution : 42.14 / 57.86 as in real life with full fuel tank
Performance Points: 544

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa or Laguna

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1

STREET Spec
Suspension - AFCO Springs 475/650 with MOTON 3 Way Motorsports Coilover Damper
High Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 87 99
Spring Rate: 8.48 11.61
Dampers (Compression): 4 9
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 3.0 2.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.25

Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 87 99
Camber Angle: 2.5 2.0

Factory Ferrari Alignment + Ride Height

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 97 119
Camber Angle: 1.5 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.25

Factory Ferrari Alignment + Lowest Ride Height with Lower Rake

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 67 79
Camber Angle: 1.5 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.25

TRACK Spec
Suspension - SWIFT Hypercoils Springs 784/1008 with MOTON 3 Way Motorsports Coilover Damper
High Camber

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 14.00 18.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 8
Camber Angle: 3.0 2.5

Suspension - SWIFT Hypercoils Springs 784/1008 with MOTON 3 Way Motorsports Coilover Damper
Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 14.00 18.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 8
Camber Angle: 2.5 2.0

LSD - 2 Way E-Diff
Initial Torque : 24

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 7/8, for ABS 1 7/8 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes

This Ferrari F430 Scuderia is built with the main goal to replicate real life lap record at Spa, 2:40.00

As stock suspension spring rate is not achievable, the rear can't go low enough, I opted to use 2 different spring set for this replica. I have also replicated the correct weight figure from corner weight ( with some fuel ) result in real life, as well as weight distribution.

There are 2 sets of suspension setup, one is mainly aimed at street use with softer springs from AFCO and the other is aimed at track racing with Swift Hypercoils at close to double the rate of the original Scuderia Gen II OEM Springs. A track oriented alignment has also been used ( camber and toe ).

Ride height has also been replicated, real life F430 Scuderia stock height has a high rake at close to 22mm difference ( higher rear ). For this replica I decided to use smaller amount of rake highly recommended at Ferrari owner forum - 12mm, this is a good balance for track driving and street in real life - slightly tighter with less rake.
The effect is opposite in GT6, another PD blunder :lol:. To compensate for the ride height and camber used, I have tuned the damper for more neutral balance and to allow the driver to throttle steer even when at the apex, modulate the throttle to steer the nose. Due to the high degree of camber, the Ferrari needs smooth steering to avoid sudden loss of grip at either end when on comfort tires.

LSD uses 2 way to simulate E Diff with moderate locking rate and medium preload.

The F430 Scuderia can replicate the Spa lap time on comfort soft tire. I managed 2:39s in 1st lap :) The balance is very good and fun to drive, especially at Eau Rouge :D

UPDATE : Added new suspension setup, factory alignment + ride height and medium camber for street and track.

1.09+ : Updated ride height due to range limit changes by PD, updated weight distribution based on real car corner weight and corrected toe value at per side.

Added alternate spec with full fuel tank.

Winner at

Expert Level Mid-Engine Challenge

Autumn Ring Reverse, 5 Laps
Normal cars, 580PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less

Autumn Ring_1.jpg Autumn Ring.jpg

Settings used:
No Aids, No ABS, G27
Brake Balance: 4/7
Suspension (Track Spec)

SWIFT Hypercoils Springs 784/1008 with MOTON 3 Way Motorsports Coilover Damper Medium Camber
Specs - No Fuel, unchanged (548 PP, SH Tyres)

*The brake balance and the brake strength are very important for any tune driven without ABS.
If the proper values are found, a car can be saved from being thrown to the scrap yard.
Unfortunately, it's a DIY job most of the time.

DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0095.JPG

Last edited:
Winner at

Intermediate Level Classic Sportscar Race
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, 4 Laps
Normal cars, 530PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less

View attachment 310676 View attachment 310675 View attachment 310674 View attachment 310677

Settings used:
No Aids, No ABS, G27
Brake Balance: 7/7
Suspension - Gr4 Eibach ERS Springs and Bilstein Damper Coilover Kit

Specs unchanged (450 PP, CS Tyres)

* THE BRAKE BALANCE AND THE BRAKE STRENGTH ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR ANY TUNE DRIVEN WITHOUT ABS.
IF THE PROPER VALUES ARE FOUND, A CAR CAN BE SAVED FROM BEING THROWN TO THE SCRAP YARD.

UNFORTUNATELY, IT'S A DIY JOB MOST OF THE TIME.

---------------------------------------------------

Winner at

Expert Level Mid-Engine Challenge

Autumn Ring Reverse, 5 Laps
Normal cars, 580PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less

View attachment 310725 View attachment 310726

Settings used:
No Aids, No ABS, G27
Brake Balance: 4/7
Suspension (Track Spec)

SWIFT Hypercoils Springs 784/1008 with MOTON 3 Way Motorsports Coilover Damper Medium Camber
Specs - No Fuel, unchanged (548 PP, SH Tyres)

* THE BRAKE BALANCE AND THE BRAKE STRENGTH ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR ANY TUNE DRIVEN WITHOUT ABS.
IF THE PROPER VALUES ARE FOUND, A CAR CAN BE SAVED FROM BEING THROWN TO THE SCRAP YARD.
UNFORTUNATELY, IT'S A DIY JOB MOST OF THE TIME.

Thank you for driving my older release replicas, glad they are winning races :D 👍 I may revisit the Stratos.

The Saleen is tricky to drive, it will be comprehensive spec build, although the weight distribution can't be reached and suspension spring rate + alignment will be custom. Several gearset will be provided ( customer can customize the gear ratio ) The only replica that I have built that can lap 1:21s at Big willow on CS tires.

Back